What are some games with a 90's anime aesthetic?

What are some games with a 90's anime aesthetic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=joIoLRafmyE
erogedownload.com/downloads/toushin-toshi-2/
tss.asenheim.org/
vndb.org/v235
youtube.com/watch?v=Ouh5d6oO44g
youtube.com/watch?v=8uaonQTc0co
youtube.com/watch?v=MQHYZy5aXw4
nattoli.net/entry/18/sec-influence
youtube.com/watch?v=7Vxm3ouljzc
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7t_x89tEaE
youtube.com/watch?v=eGTZLuuTPi8
bakabt.me/torrent/130481/stray-dog-h264-live-action
youtube.com/watch?v=GEE9SQ3IDg4
youtube.com/watch?v=2xRr_7osTJw
youtube.com/watch?v=w4MFqkV4Ee4
youtube.com/watch?v=Ljj9rzYjb3k
youtube.com/watch?v=r-h7bf86Ydk
a.pomf.cat/tkzehe.7z
userstyles.org/styles/132998/asenheim-dark-theme
pixelmenu.22web.org/games.html
store.steampowered.com/app/523000/
youtube.com/watch?v=F4idR1x_hxI
youtube.com/watch?v=cnAa5mX3KQk
youtu.be/-840keiiFDE?t=156
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This, more so with nip only Dreamcast remake improved grafix

>survival horror FPS dungeon crawler
>rng bullshit weapon destruction
>fully voiced animu OVA-esque plot even going back to the early 90s PS1 version
>tons of optional dialogue that react to current events every few minutes near enough
>FORESHADOWING

And nobody knows it. Fucking tragic.

Oni.

Policenauts.

I know some flash games with sharp triangles in them but I don't think they will be very fun. They are just triangles after all.

Shit, is that from that one VN where the guy goes to the island and fucks the puss and his gf gets raped by everybody and he doesn't care and then really stupid shit happens in the end?

>90's anime aesthetic

The artstyle is dead, bruh.

Idinaloq
now sauce me on your webm

lunar SSSC

popful mail

valkyrie no densetsu

phantasy star

star ocean 2

o shit we back
ban russians

Games made in Japan in 90s.

...Seriously, that's as simple as it is. To your luck, plenty of those have been translated, both officially and by fans. Here's few choice picks.
>YU-NO
Point and click adventure, with branching paths. You can either play it like regular adventure game, and while the puzzles aren't hard you need items from different branches to advance in others, which can be annoying. It's recommended to at least look recommended route order.
The story, visuals and music are all fantastic. Definitely a game, make sure to play with voice-patch from Saturn version.
Just check out this music, god damn. youtube.com/watch?v=joIoLRafmyE

>Toushin Toshi 2 (pictured)
Early game from Alicesoft, mainly known for Rance series over here. They had success before, but TT2 was the game that put them in spotlight as proper developer. It definitely holds up against most JRPGs released in SNES era.
The game is dungeon crawler RPG, with some choices that impact the story, but it's not especially hard or grindy. You can easily play without guide.
The game went freeware few years back and has been fan-translated. erogedownload.com/downloads/toushin-toshi-2/

>Kichikuou Rance
Sort of what-if release in the Rance series, taking place in the whole Continent. Generally described as beta-Sengoku, since it's also strategy game.
Huge as fuck, with plenty of variables that can happen based on characters you recruit and choices that you make.

If after playing Kichikuou you like what you see of characters, check out rest of Rance.
Digest versions of first two games have been translated, after which you can just start playing through the series. Third game is kinda clunky, but I'd say fourth one is stands up as decent game. They've also been released as freeware.
If you don't hurry too much, you should finish fourth game in time for release of 5D and VI.

the original castlevania, rondo of blood

>So how should I redraw the PC98 sprite ryu-sama
>just fuck their shit up
I think the standing sprites of PC98 are slightly off and look better remade. But the event CG is a lot better in 98

Wow Eric Chahi really went downhill

hmm I dunno ones made in the 90's maybe

post more 90s animu

Viper GTS
sauce on that webm

>that everything

well okay, now i don't even wanna reverse image search that webm

Shogo: Mobile Armor Division
It's also a load of fun and does not take itself very seriously.

Lunar 1 and 2.

Advanced Power Dolls 2

>If after playing Kichikuou you like what you see of characters, check out rest of Rance.
I don't think Kichikuou is very standalone personally and probably shouldn't be like the first game (unless the art really attracts you)

>The artstyle is dead, bruh.

Nobody's told Urushihara, just watit till Growlanser makes a comeback and you'll be sorted

Initial D Arcade Stage.

To be fair, that's the same artist, and some stuff is better in the remake. Hands in original are horrible, and girls looked like guys in some CGs.
Though I do agree that Protag was better in old version.

>Nobody's told Urushihara, just watit till Growlanser makes a comeback and you'll be sorted
He's going blind.

We're doomed

True, but it's the most playable of old Rances. Telling somebody to go through 1, 2, and 3, all of which are very dated isn't exactly best suggestion.

...Though 2 does have sort of Princess Tomato style appeal, especially with how puzzle heavy it is. Actually yeah, only Rance 3 looks bad.

Modern anime was a mistake.

Its not like the original artwork is a master piece or anything,

>thick eyebrows turned into animu tiddies

End me.

I mean yeah there's only artstyle that exist in modern anime, right

>What are some games with a 90's anime aesthetic?
90's anime games
Duh

What are you some kind of retarded, you literally answered your own question

I am seriously considering drawing so i can draw 90's or 80's styled anime shit.

Fuck my life.

Green Green was a VN all along?

Any other old VN that you know got a remake? I know Family Project (Kazoku Keikaku) got a remake on PS4, but I never found full CG rips of the PS4 version of it.

What?
No he's not.

Duh, what did you think
Like 94% of anime are based on LN, VN, a manga, a game or something else.

The originals are super rare

Yeah. If you liked it, you should check out Overdrive's releases, pretty much all of the key staff moved there from Groover.
Edelweiss, Kira Kira and Dengeki Stryker are all excellent.

jesus
i like the 5th one better though

Isn't urushi going blind or crippled in the hand? Were basically fucked senpai.

The newer art style looks cleaner and more consistent, but it lacks personality. They all seem kinda samey, you know? A lot of those characters seem like they're exactly the same age (except for the teachers, of course) and the same general personality type. It's.... I dunno, plastic? Boring? Sterile?

Vanguard fucking Bandits
Brigandine - Legend of Forsena
Lunar- SSS
And/or any PS1 game made in the goddamn 90's

Honestly, the more I look at it, the more I hate both. Because there are scenes I'd rather have from the latter than the former, and vice versa. Man, this guy really got fucked up off this one.

That fucking last pic on the modern side though. Is that an edit? It can't be legit, it looks terrible compared to the rest.

here you go:
tss.asenheim.org/
also, SHOGO

The fuck are you talking about?
he's perfectly fine

I noticed the older version seemed more dynamic with movement. Like, look at the clothes. There's way more sense of movement in the left column.

You mean complete remake, or just art upgrade?
Alicesoft has been remaking their games, Like Rance 01, 02 and... actually, there should be pretty good comparisons of those. I'll compile some stuff.

Speaking of only art updates, here's what I know of.
I believe Princess Maker 2 was upscaled, so instead of delicious pixel dithering you get weird shading.
Leaf's updated the art of Shizuku(old pictured here) and Kizuato, check VNDB if you want to see new versions. vndb.org/v235
Ever17 got updated version on 360... with 3DCG models instead of sprites.
Phantom of Inferno got art update.

Seriously, there's quite a bit.

I only copied the CGs.

I'd check sadpanda and google for rips, thanks. I'm interested in the remakes of the old designs in general, its fascinating to see the difference between them.

mod it

Funny how 90s anime the characters looked white and beautiful, now they look japanese and ugly as fuck

>Growlanser makes a comeback
Considering what happened to Langrisser, I don't think you want that.

Also isn't Urushihara semi-retired? I don't remember him doing anything besides cover art lately.

Kojima's point and click games are pretty much a late 80s/early 90s anime OVA in a video game format.

go make akira 2 user you can do it

How can american even compete?

more people like a softer aesthetic, get over it

I know it's done to death and it doesn't really directly have 90's anime in it aside from portraits, but FFVII always feels unapologetically 90's to me whenever I replay it.

FF7 is "90s Anime: the JRPG"

Septerra Core did it better.

Most people have terrible taste

More people aka plebs.

Is this that Girls und Panzer?

Alright, here's some screens comparing Rance II and 02. Unlike the other Rancemakes, 02 is literally just artwork update, that TADA and Orion made for Alice 2010 release.

this
also zone of the enders

But in the 90s when that style replaced the previous one because of popular tastes, that wasn't the plebs?

Mega Man 8 obviously

Well get to it faggot

This. FFVII is hilariously 90s

The originals don't even look all that great yet the remakes still manage to look worse. Especially with the thick eyebrows chick becoming a generic "thick" animu fatty.

this is fine

The generic 90s artstyle was the logical evolution of the generic 80s artstyle.

Cobra Mission
Knight of Xentar.
Pia Carrot

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers

>no one mentioned VA-11 Hall-A
shiggy diggy

Alright, here for Rance III. Comparing first game based on CGs is pretty much impossible, since lots of things which were done with small CGs are done with sprites or cut-ins now, and rest are either wildly different or HCGs.
03 had the same problem, but there were few pretty good matches. This isn't actually same artist who did the 02, but new guy on Alicesoft. Orion is busy handling the mainline releases.

Gunbuster is 80s and belongs in the trash

it's more early 2000 with 90s limitation.

like your mom lmao

>Born in the 90s
>Introduced to anime through 80's and 90's shows from Toonami, Tech TV, and MTV
Maybe generations are attracted to things from that age?

Most anime today I can't stand what so ever.

Also, speaking of 80's-90's anime, the Ghost in the Shell Movie Trailers look horrible. They should have gotten the girl from Pacific Rim to do her

youtube.com/watch?v=Ouh5d6oO44g

It's being directed by one of the worst directors

holy fuck that depth

Dana is cute as fuck, I wanted her to take Jill in as her cute pet.

Neat. Thanks.

Desire as guessed

Reused for our new mobile overlords.

You can thank DMM for that.

DELETE THIS

Why no DOOM wad in anime?
The closest we have is Shadow Warrior.

>no thigh gap
Into the trash it goes.

>every modern anime will always have the shitty nu-artstyle instead of the beautiful 90s one

sheeeiiiiit yooooooo
what is that?
I want it right now in my veins.

try hdoom

Dead of the brain
Snatcher
Policenauts

Those are some examples off the top of the head. I don't think you're going to find Dead of the brain fully translated.

I only played the prologue and thought Dana was a boy with a weird name until I saw someone on v referring to her as she

because it's not 90's at all, also a shit game

>characters that were originally drawn by different artists look samey now as a result of being redrawn by the same guy
You don't say?

source?

Literally 90s anime:the fighting game.But seriously nearly every game that was produced for old japanese PCs will have that particular anime style.

Those proportions hurt to look at.

I actually prefer new art here.

>Reused for our new mobile overlords.

Fuck vidya.

Recommend me some 90s anime. Preferably sci-fi.

Welcome to 90s anime.

Riding Bean and Gunsmith Cats.

Yeah, I'll take the new over the old, thanks.

Goku Midnight Eye

Has the YU-NO remake been posted yet?

Genocyber.

Fuck your nostalgia.
Dig for it on your own, there's dozens upon dozens of OVAs from that era that it shouldn't be hard for your ass to at least find something.

Dragon Knight 5. Yes, they made a sequel to a pc98 games as a mobage.

youtube.com/watch?v=8uaonQTc0co

LN artists were a mistake. Now we have that same shitty art style everywhere.

best looking anime face from the 80's

>mobage
there is that word again...

>killing the hime bangs

Blur haired girl now looks just as bad as Lucina.

>top right corner
daddy

I've also noticed that faceless protagonists are being phased out from remakes of the old games and given a face.

I actually think the new artstyle in general does a much better job, but that second one completely ruins the original's mystical atmosphere.

The sad part is that this this is the same guy that did the art for Ar Tonelico
Are you into possession and mind control, user?

I don't mind it much, gives the protag a little personality instead of just being a faceless shinji.

>tfw even after playing Sengoku Rance, you still wished knight-fag would win the Sill-bowl
>drives it in with being stuck with him for a segment where he's clearly in love and protecting her
>tries his best and gets mutilated for her sake
>gets mutitlated and saved by Rance barely trying after being absent for ages, still tells him she's his own woman
>Rance heckles, mocks him on being a cripple and runs him off

And that was when I stopped liking Rance

Just finished Genesis survivor and it showed me how much I needed ROBOT WIZARD DUELS in my life

The Rance remakes work out because nobody would argue that old version looks good. And it's been over 20 uears since they were released, so they're not cash-grabbing by remastering the graphics.

As was the generic 00s and 10s.

>The sad part is that this this is the same guy that did the art for Ar Tonelico
Really? He doesn't even try. I guess that's the difference between your own creations and just redrawing others shit.

Chrono Trigger

Xenogears

MegaMan X4

The cel-shaded Cowboy Bebop game for PS2

Evangelion on N64

Radiant Silvergun

Guardian Heroes

Albert Odyssey

Pokemon Yellow

y-yeah. I'm going to have to play this, huh?

That's what happens when you simply don't give a shit.

pic

Good, fuck the faceless nonsense unless it actually has plot relevance.

You'd think that, but his version of Makoto from GitS is infinitely better and thicker than the yu-no remake girls
They're never really used in a sexual context but the game is still worth playing IMO.

If you'll play 5D you'll see that Rance is actually spot on with his insults to Bird. He's a coward, womanizer and generally a loser. After he gets dumped it just takes him seconds to forget his old girlfriend when new one comes around.

...Not saying that Rance is a stand-up guy either, but Bird doesn't deserve to win shit.

You've got enough fag

A.D Police OVA series for anyone else though, TV may be decent but I can't vouch for it yet

Kizuato's original art is garbage

what the fuck happened to yuuki?

Rance is a fucking asshole and anyone that romanticizes him as a douche with a heart of gold is so off the mark it's not funny.

About as 90's anime as it gets OP

Damn it, why can't Sony re-release Eternal Blue Complete!? Fucking assholes.

>go for trying to make a Faceless self insert MC
>give him too much personality that he becomes his own character

nice job age you idiots

Because he's working on the Major and not some ass-old game he doesn't care about.

>Plastic Little

My first anime fap.
good times

Oni for ps2/pc

He now actually looks like the loser he really is instead of a cool guy that's actually a big loser.

That was made by the roundeyes so it doesn't count.

It's like he learned a good deal about lighting an perspective and that pushed everything to do with dynamic posing and design appeal out of his head.

I used to playthrough it on Cred Forums. Good times.

>not a black hand at mugi

Not to mention that he keeps forming parties with girls who are way stronger than him, and bluffs them to staying with him.

I want to fuck all 3 Kouzuki sisters

Still better than this retarded piece of shit.

Any Japanese game from the 90's. You got a bunch to choose from, like for example:

Final fantasy 7-9
Resident Evil 1-3
Legend of Zelda:OoT
Pokémon:RBY
The list goes on and on. You get the picture.

Iria.

Cowboy Bebop, Trigun and Outlaw Star, the holy trinity of 90s sci-fi anime.

Sauce?

I can't find the harem end CG in the remake. Did age remove it on the remake?

That looks like shit.

best answer

Where are the girls with the etch-a-sketch hair?

Wait, there is a remake of kimigano? What the fuck for?

I don't really see the difference there though...

And here I was thinking whether the rest of ELF's IPs would be cannibalized after they died

>no one has mentioned xcom

absolutely shameful

also these threads always make me depressed

Didn't realise this was a YGYL thread

Kimi ga ita Kisetsu.

YGYL you said?

>all those women losing their boob sizes
YAMERO

Jesus Christ

How about some 90's remakes of 90's games?

>Wait, there is a remake of kimigano? What the fuck for?

>3. The engine was changed to AGES, and the game has a resolution of 1024*600, so a lot of CGs are re-illustrated.

I looooooved that game, the OST is GOAT

Flat is justice.

Oh God, not True Love.

Hhhnnnggg!

No, no. What did they DO?

Oh yes youtube.com/watch?v=MQHYZy5aXw4

Angel Cop

What about a Rondo Duo demake?

Bigger image

>this is what flatchestfags actually believe
Liking flat chests is a sickness. How can you like something that is lacking. How can you say: I like boobs but only if they arent there. Boobs are gods gift to men showing that he is still there.

The latest remake of Eve Burst Error has the art redrawn by the original artist, FYI

>no Irresponsible Captain Tylor

What trinity is this?

The good news is that the new version is returning it to "Original touched up" art instead of the PSP traversty

Should have stayed with pixelart.

Okay it can replace Trigun.

What the fuck happened to Ryou Nagi, his art used to be good

Why do you say that? I find the remade art infitely more pleasant to look at since the colors aren't so over-saturated anymore. Plus, it's nice seeing Nao Tajima getting the hang of digital coloring. His early digital stuff looks pretty bad. Example coming up in next post.

He's moving with the times

The times are shit

are you french?

>Modern art has more visible noses than the original
what parallel universe did I just enter?

Recommend me a good 1990s seinen anime.

He just didn't care for YU-NO, which is understandable.

Comment le sais tu?

He probably just didn't care much for the game. If you look at the book about his influences you'll notice that his tastes are pretty normie tier

What about genocyber?

>book about his influences
Interesting. How where can I find that?

Dont assume Im a disgusting frenchfag. No I remember you playing it every sunday till midnight, even though I had to wake at 6am next morning.

It was pretty sad when Cred Forums decided to tell the childhood friend the sex with her didnt feel good. She didnt deserve that.

My memory might be faulty but I remember reading that Yu-No's girls weren't considered stellar at its time of release (whereas we gush about their designs today)

Makes me wonder what was the "standards" for attractive girls back during that time.

nattoli.net/entry/18/sec-influence

damn, you saved some stuff from it. Neat.

Jesus christ man, it's like all the personality and expressiveness got sucked out by a vampire.

I mean don't get me wrong, it's not like the original had amazing art,but fuck.

>The autist doesn't even understand what's going on

Thanks man

I had a lot saved from the thread but I lost everything except these two screencaps. Also annoying is that I lost a few because during the porn some fag mod started deleting shit

When you're told to copy you copy and keep your mouth shut, add a good dose of "I really don't give a shit, just give me my paycheck already" to that and of course that's what you end up getting.

>4th one

Apparently she uses rubber fucking cement to style her hair.

I find it ironic that Lucky Star popularized the slice of life high school moeblob genre but it's actually a good show. The focus on "omg look how kawaii these gurls are" is nonexistent and it's basically just humor and social observation.

I feel like in every show that tried to imitate it they went full in on the girls being moeblobs. Very rarely is there actually a SoL that isn't just cute girls doing cute things but nothing interesting or funny is happening.

what is that pic's source?

literally unzip dick.

I'm not an expert on the subject but THE iDOLM@STER was all about funny and wacky moments, plus some drama at the end. The fake movie trailers were GOAT tier too:
.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vxm3ouljzc

The scene was really sudden. I used to have a screencap featuring half of Cred Forums unzipping their penis to this sudden change

How can I download the whole tss.asenheim.org/ website, so I can play it offline?

>want 90s games
>get 90s porn slide shows

>People trashing new anime

It's like movies or music or anything else. Maybe the 90s did have a lot of good series coming out around the same time, but we tend to forget the trash and remember only the good stuff. There are some pretty good anime series going on now, and discounting them because there is a tidal wave of moe shit is just silly.

Idolmaster actually has some manner of story going on. Lucky Star started the trend for cute girls doing cute things, and K-ON arguably popularized it.

I prefer the new art in some of these but holy crap the girl with long green hair got absolutely ruined.

I would rather watch retro trash like Cybernetics Guardian over something airing now like Newgame

Jesus I think this is the worse one by far.

Living in the current year and preferring energetic spunky girls to round, softspoken moeblobs is fucking suffering.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q7t_x89tEaE

Stray Dog

It's so seinen it's not even animu

Cry me a river, grandpa.

It's like classic rock radio - people have spent years filtering out the hits from the trash and can compile it into one big library of classics. Unfortunately, you actually have to look hard to find good stuff in the present day.

I swear I feel Tsukihime vibes when skimming through Kizuato CGs.

You did good.

why didnt you just say jin-roh?

i recommend perfect blue

Perfect Blue has like... the worst animation out of any of Kon's films.

It's about 50/50 on this one, some new art is better some new art is worse.

I like right on average. Also, I recall an user saying that Nasu ripped off Kizuato for the Far Side routes.

Lunar
Xenogears
Evil Zone
Thousand Arms

>why didnt you just say jin-roh?
They're massively different films and I didn't particularly enjoy Jin Roh. Red Spectacles and Stray Dog I did

devilman
Cyber City Oedo
Orguss 02

fug where's that list when you need one

Ninja Scroll and Cool Devices

>Cyber City Oedo
this techno cracka know what's up.

stop posting these youre making me mad

Phantasy Star 4. Max 90's.

Reminder that both Devil man and Cyber City need to have their dubs experienced at least once

always put on your seat belt, children

What went wrong?

>Cool Devices

Oh you.

The smug face ration went from 90% to 0%.

That is unacceptable.

> low skilled students, digital crap, moe shit

>all according to keikaku,webm

Now post MC violently devouring the loli two films later

check out vampire wars and black lion

Shuten Doji

amerifats already tried and failed miserably

That doesn't look even remotely like anime.

That's nothing like 80/90s.

would you kindly gimme a link to stray dog?

... that was a little boy...

if you want more devilman than the 3 ovas (and the tv series from the 70's(?)) there was a crossover released a year or two ago called Cyborg 009 VS Devilman
it was cool
had some pretty good animation
they even made a version of the club scene for that particular crossover

embrace the moe

not that user but bakabt probably

has most of your animu needs as well as just about all of your live action ones

just use a search engine because the internal one needs an account

:(
i know that nyaa doesnt have it so i guess ill try that

>but it's actually a good show
Yeah with scenes like "which side is the head of a chocolate puff" they really pushed the boundary of anime. Or the super funny part where the main girl shows off how much of a 2chan user she is by posting stupid shit she only can read.

Or this super funny scene where they are talking about games and the super smart girl is chatting along only to reveal she was talking about minesweeper. What a kneeslapper that was.

No you piece of shit. Lucky star was fucking terrible and wasnt any better than all the moe SOL shit that came after it. For the 16 episodes I bothered to watch I was thoroughly bored. It was a combination of the terrible japanese humor form of straight man/funny man (it has a japanese term I forgot), cute girls doing cute things and showing off archertypical adults and how silly they are. The worst part is how after the episode finally ends and you are about to feel glad for the euthanasia shot they still have the stupid TV show about a girl that is super cheerful but actually a bitch (xD) and a single still of a door which more terrible conversation I skipped.

How do you feel about Dream Hunter Rem?

thanks bruv

try tank police
WATCH THE DUB
youtube.com/watch?v=eGTZLuuTPi8

something about certain 90's dubs (i guess specifically for movies and ovas) were just distinctive and entertaining
devilman's dubbing is one of my favorite examples of when a dub team does a better job than the original

Other guy wasn't wrong
bakabt.me/torrent/130481/stray-dog-h264-live-action

Selling Tank Police on that OP when this exists
youtube.com/watch?v=GEE9SQ3IDg4

I liked the English OP but I still liked the Jap one better. Guess I could give the dub a shot
youtube.com/watch?v=2xRr_7osTJw

>I believe Princess Maker 2 was upscaled, so instead of delicious pixel dithering you get weird shading.
No. That's not it. Refine was redrawn. Had a much higher resolution. And above all, a much larger colour range.
These things used to be a really huge deal back in the day. There are good reasons for why Refine was much more successful. They did the same with PM1.

Orguss 02

You are forever my nigga, greatest OVA ever.

>Orguss 02
>"GO before I throw you down on the ground and rape ya!"
>"...I sure get sick of playing the good guy all the time"

I'd watch it for the dub alone if I didn't love the original so much, As it is Orguss is one of the few animu I was satisfied with by the end so I don't want to spoil it.

yea bro i know off all the best

i watched that shit back in late 90's off one the first streaming websites that served up Manga Entertainment's videos

it was pretty cool since i didnt even have a reliable P2P client back then

youtube.com/watch?v=w4MFqkV4Ee4

youtube.com/watch?v=Ljj9rzYjb3k

i felt like manga ent's dubs were pretty good

Damn, thought the PM1 daughter was Josette for a sec.

Nah it was good. Ep 1 is the only weakish one.

Yeah mang, I got tons of nostalgia watching this shit with my father since he loved 90s anime, same with the old Lupin the third movies. I thought the twist at the end was the greatest shit ever but thinking back it's kind of hillarious.

I think I need to rewatch this shit sometime soon, hope the dvd is fine.

If you want a good SRPG Fire Emblem 4 and 5 are 90s as fuck.

>pubes deleted
travesty

This post knocks it outta the park.

Wow user you sure blew me away with those hot opinions. Guess I fucking loved it so much I couldnt watch more than 16 episodes.

Subtler humor and slower pace just isn't your thing I guess? I'm not sure what you want me to say.

It's a good show in a genre that has many shows that do nothing but pander to waifufags but you don't seem to like the entire genre in the first place so writing a long piece about why you think Lucky Star is bad isn't exactly informative. It's like getting a JRPG review from a guy who hates JRPGs and keeps listing fundamental aspects of the genre as negatives. In fact Yahtzee does reviews like that often enough where his main complaint is "I don't understand this genre".

But the jokes are repetitive as well as bad. Just take lucky TV. It isnt funny to see the same thing over and over again. If I tell you the same joke over and over again, no matter how funny it is, 3 times later its boring

Galaxy Angel's first trilogy resembles late 90;s.
And it's still one of my favorites ever.

Wonder Project is great. If only it had been more wide spread and more successful.

i did a thing to your webm

please excuse the shitty compression, I had to make it fit 3 mb.

?

>made the DFC a titty monster

Did you waifu2x it?

and some other filters to clean up after waifu, yes

Bottom pics remind me of this.

Like? I usually just use the UpRGB and TTA options in caffe and leave it at that.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FUCK YOU BLUE!

aWarpSharp2

Just playing with my script.

meh

3rd is the best one.

>LONG necks
>Downs face
>one loli less.

that frame interpolation looks like trash

>Tfw future funk single handedly turns 90s anime and city pop into fucking MEMES
I hate every single one of you underages

Ah, I wish another game came out and expanded on the themes in this one, we could have had /d/ flavored XCOM.

I love you

City hunter was great.

youtube.com/watch?v=r-h7bf86Ydk

So damn funky.

I see. By the way, don't use the avisynth version of w2x. It's outdated as fuck and slow. Dump the frames using ffmpeg or whatever then use waifu2x-caffe to upscale with this .dll if you have an NVIDIA card.
a.pomf.cat/tkzehe.7z

all tales crap still keep it. its too anime and weeb but the basic hasnt changed since then

so is this /u/ material

Thats Calarts shit you dumbass.

Hoshigami got a remake?

Shit, is it still hard as fuck like the original?

Still hard, but from what I remember not as punishing, for example on easier difficulties there is no perma-death.But highest difficulty is more or less the same aside from the story changes.

There's a lot of /u/ teasing if you like that kind of stuff

But the official Urushihara porn artwork is straight

1st, 3rd and 5th are actually improvements

The fuck man, I was just playing Desire and it's the first time I see it mentioned here.

Definitely not as good as Yu-No though, and so far nothing is really happening except banging broads

I miss it

Desire came out in 1994, and YU-NO in 1996 so it being inferior to the latter is only natural.

Thanks, I'll get it now. Loved the game, but my younger self can't play it through without gameshark.

Jesus christ the top is so much hotter.

BRING IT BACK!

Ah yes so that's how it works, quality proportional to the year, I wonder
I hope I get to the year infinity so I can reach nirvana by playing VNs

I'm placing some good odds that you're going to be pissed off when you get around to playing Makoto's path.

They really refined their story-telling over time when it goes from Desire -> Eve Burst Error -> YU-NO

The Guilty Gear series is very 90s anime, plus it's the best fighting game series of all time.

I obviously meant that the writer had time to hone his skills between those years and write something superior to his earlier works by learning from his mistakes.

is it any good?

It's terrible in both variants.

Almost a punchline as far as SRPGs go

Considering the complete 180 in quality that happened around *that part* in Yu-No I'm already on alert for shit jumping the shark

I'm still not sure though if Kanno can actually write a good story or he's really good at laying down some pretty comfy atmosphere. When you really take an objective look at the narratives they're pretty simple and stereotypical. Shit works for some reason though, having awesome music from Ryu Umemoto also helps. I'd say visuals, but in Desire is kind of a mixed bag which pales in comparison to Yu-No.

I recently made a css so that the playing environment in asenheim isn't such an eyesore

Give it a whirl:
userstyles.org/styles/132998/asenheim-dark-theme
tss.asenheim.org/

Atlus won't touch Growlanser anymore

I'll just leave this here:

pixelmenu.22web.org/games.html

I prefer the isometric battlemap though.

Does anyone have a completed save file for the PC version of Desire(not asenheim)?

Yeah, why do you think there was a porn OVA to finish it off?

Surprised no one mentioned TitS yet

>Makoto

The only VN protagonist that needs a face is Yamato from Majikoi. Because he's actually a character

fuck this movie my man.

post the pc98 rompack

I miss 90's artstyle too. Cartoony and loveable.

It's a damned shame about it going away.

Well anime ever recover?

WE DIDN'T MENTION IT BECAUSE IT DOESN'T HAVE A 90s ARTSTYLE

;_;

How would you go about making a Gunnm game Cred Forums?

Mutant League Hockey

Power DoLLS, motherfucker

80s > 90s

this?

90s' nip fantasy had an excellent atmosphere of adventure that their shit simply no longer has. It's only partially because of the artstyle change, but still a goddamn fucking shame.

Jashugan too OP

Funny how we take things for granted until we lose them completely

It really feels like a trade is being lost, specially with the OVAs market having ended. That concept art with sharp lines is hardly ever seen anywhere.

Still I understand things obviously change, people get tired and want something new, but it's really sad that beauty really has to be fleeting before it passes the torch to a new generation

what a fucking waste.

>GaoGaiGar

Fuck yeah.

Trigun has to be the shittiest anime ever, that most people legitimately think is good. The first episode is the only good one, then just repeat the same jokes for 25 episodes on a budget of 5$.

Honestly? Not really. If you have a DS and you are completely out of SRPGs to play, give it a go. Otherwise it is just kind of forgettable of the frustrating kind.

*skells

Holy shit is that new art fucking trash.

Everything about Sakura Wars is "90s anime".

Rusty on the PC98

>3x3 Eyes will never get a decent animu
>it will never get a decent game either.

Fuck me, it hurts. I played every fucking 3x3 vidya there is, but they range from shit to passable.

>Funny how we take things for granted until we lose them completely
I remember a time when your average PC-98 art was considered "generic"

And now we all appreciate the art and lament the fact that no one will ever draw like that any more (even if the game attached to them probably aren't the greatest)

I guess what they say about artists never being appreciated in their time is true

>>Funny how we take things for granted until we lose them completely
maybe one day, we will say the same about COD.

I haven't read the manga, but I thought the old OVAs were okay. How do they compare?

Sometimes it feels like PC-98 art is only liked because it's different. Some of it can look really bad, especially in regards to anatomy (Seriously, did no one know how to draw arms and nails in that era?) but that won't stop people from gushing over how good it looks.

CoD 1 and 2 were always good.

People like to shit on 4 but it was really good when it came out. Now it's just pretty generic since every cover shooter copied it.

What are the Sauces on these?
Google is bringing up nothing

Green Green

because the 16 bit style or whatever it actually is looks really fucking good

What I honestly don't get is why every modern VN (and I mean modern as in the last 16 years) either looks completely uninspired and generic or just "okay". I mean they aren't terrible looking, but the art style never really makes you go "damn that looks fantastic".
And it always baffled me why basically every VN is pretty static looking, with no small animations in the backgrounds or something. There's so much they could do with the medium, but they're probably all rushed out the door and there's nothing the artists can do about it

IT'S UP BOYS:
store.steampowered.com/app/523000/

I always wanted to play these games just because visually they look so fucking cute. But I'm afraid this will just be pedoshit

Why is this allowed and encouraged?

The OVAs were actually pretty faithful adaptations, it's just that they only ever adapted small parts of a really long series. Well, to be honest the manga is quite average. It is incredibly drawn out, has a lot of filler, and is pretty repetitive with any serious fight always coming down to Yakumo and Benares duking it out. From the beginning of the series until the very last chapter you get a fight between them about every 6 or 7 volumes, and they are always the climax of the actual arc.

That being said, immortal on immortal battles are fucking fun, so it can be forgiven. But the real strength of the series is the setting and the monster designs, which lends itself quite well for vidya adaptations. Yet what do we get? Fucking point and click adventures, a pnc/platformer hybrid with possibly the worst combat system I've ever seen, and a rather awful JRPG.

Unless you really hate yourself or have something to prove no, don't bother. Play Stella Deus or something if you want a mediocre SRPG with some good ideas.

>it will never be the 1980s again
>it won't even be the 1990s again
>even the fucking early 2000s won't come back
Shit, man. If everything's just going to keep going forward, why even bother? This is bullshit.

That doesn't mean shit like bad anatomy goes away

Play Rondo of Swords if you want a SRPG on the DS. Depending on the route this guy can actually become cool.

No, this shit is purely powered by nostalgia.

Just a reminder that Giant Robo is the most underrated anime of all time. If you like Megaman or Big O you should go watch it. Oddly enough Just don't expect a lot of Robot fights.

youtube.com/watch?v=F4idR1x_hxI

late 80s and late 90s had the best designs

maybe I'm not a faggot that gives a shit

What the fuck happened?
We have to go back

Why does every male protagonist have the same fucking haircut now

Velvet was fine, stop bitching.

Because the 90s are over and no one wants to give them mullets anymore.

That's fine. Just don't praise it as the second coming of Jesus.

They always did, if you want variety you'll have to look towards female protags because at least they're allowed to have more than one fucking hair style or personality.

Fuck you, friend. It's the worst design yet.

Truest post of the day.
At least some kids will know the goodness that is city pop, even if they don't know it's name.

I'll praise it as much as I want if I like it
be a faggot somewhere else

Nah.

Pretty much every male IRL has same haircut as well.
I don't, and get lots of questions and looks.

I think you're overstating it. Obviously males always had less diverse hairstyles, but today it's way more converging to a point of entropy

THEY ARR ROOK SAME

Wouldn't you want your character design to stick out rather than blending in?

How much of this is true?
the only thing I can find of it is the Anime are the top 2 panels just not this Anime/LN?
Am I being tricked here?
The only reason I am asking is because I'd like to watch the stuff on the Bottom but not the stuff on the bottom
Please help I am so confused

It's all from the same show.

How's the show then?

How can you not detect it's all from the same era.
I don't even know what show that is and I can spot the decade of an animu in a fucking instant

Stop at episode 5.

sad

I think design shouldn't stick out like sore thumb (of course not in every show), when you can easily spot main characters in any group shot.

Why's that

I really can't see how they could make this remake work. The original game is goddamn difficult. If they keep the game mechanics like divergence map, stones, point-and-click and puzzles the same, I can't see how it'd attract attention from ADD millenials. Not to even mention difficult themes like relativity and quantum mechanics.

I've never played any of this stuff but the top has so much more interesting things going on with it. It looks like an actual scene. Where as the bottom one looks as if there was some generic war room with a picture superimposed over it.

Are you serious, mate? Almost every PC-98 protag has the same goddamn hairstyle that conveniently hides their face.

Not that guy but is Episode 5 when it just fucking shoots downhill?

Well this guy has long sidetail, you don't see that often.
Or he isn't protagonist?

Basically.

Nah, that's him but the front part is the same as many other PC-98 protags

>long hair and ponytail
>same hairstyle
nani

Guilty Gear up to and including +R

Oh no I'm falling.

Is the Dragon Knight series any good if I'm interested in them primarily as dungeon crawlers and not as pron?

AC and +R have the more modern anime character art though, the actual cutoff is Slash.

connection times out

Yeah, my bad.

Ah shit, bad time to post it I imagine
Happening here as well

I could link you the css code directly but you can configure some options in the page directly so it's better to install through that page

Better bookmark it and try later

There's an OVA? holy shit i gotta find it

I need to know what this is. Google only knows it's "games".

>They included the company killer too

Absolute madman.

youtube.com/watch?v=cnAa5mX3KQk
The voice acting is a tier or two below terrible though
You're such a boy scout

World Rally Fever.

Are there any other series out there with elder god tier shading like in your image? JoJo's Bizarre Adventure has insanely good shading, but I've read it to death.

>asenheim
Played through desire and I thought it was bretty good.
What's the best the site has to offer?

does Marina have any h-scenes?

also, fuck that Windows English EVE release, it kills all of the atmosphere that the original PC98 had

The obvious answer

In the PC-98 version and the upcoming NSFW version of the remake you quoted, yes.

The porn is sparse, shows up not as often as you'd expect from an eroge. Try knights of xentar/dragon knight 3 first, as it's the only translated game in the series.

I wonder how the mobile game will turn out later. Knowing DMM, it'll be cash shop galore for taking nostalgiafags money.

Karen Araragi

Still haven't played it but I assume Eve Burst Error, same creator and same musician. both dead now

You're better off playing Yu-No though, but it's not in the site. You can play the windows port + fan translation which has beautiful everything (graphics, music, va, atmosphere)

Fourth pic left side is incredibly more arousing.

yeah because everyone here owns a pc98

God I love you.

No homo though k?

Could you explain how and why it did kill the company?

Okay okay okay. Think of this. Let's say hypothetically that I'm a vidya developer and that i kinda want to make a game with this artstyle. What genre should i go for? Visual novel?
Also, what are some works in which i could take inspiration from?

psychic force

Yu-No is the most accessible landmark for the genre

sweet vaporwave thread

>quantum mechanics
I wanted to make a joke about bioshock infinite. But it was so terrible Im at a loss

Besides the infodump at the end (which is more boring than anything) the plot isn't really that hard to follow

FE'D

Come on, the voice acting can't be that-
>oh no I'm falling.
What the fuck. Why would you even work as a dub actor if you can't display proper emotion. What the fuck.

tl:dr : Hyped vanilla dating sim game, buyers finds out childhood friend main heroine already has a boyfriend and is not a virgin along with very few NTR scenes in it, otaku went mad and boycott Elf, sales plummeted, anime sales also sell like shit, their key staffs left afterwards, making the company forced to make NTR games to survive until they went out of business last year.

Main girl and childhood-friend character was revealed to be a non-virgin and had the MC's rival as a boyfriend
Supposedly she yells the rival's name during sex too

Thanks, user. I don't really mind the porn, but a genuinely decent dungeon crawler with that art direction just sounds too good to be true. On the other hand if the gameplay were disappointing that would be pretty off putting since it would just constantly remind me that I'll never get a game like that. It's the perfect style for adventure.

Although I know enough moon to understand games reasonably well, so the language is not an issue.

On the left he looks more masculine. Right made the dude feminine as fuck, wtf man.

Sol literally speaks without moving his mouth, so the VAs are not the only problem. May also speaks Japanese for some reason

Anime/Movie?

It worked for Hinomars19.

Glad to see justice was done. NTR is the cancer killing hentai.

The one about Dela Grantia's origins? I dunno, I liked it personally. The music playing and Inoue's voice helped a lot too.

Thank you, that's interesting story of company downfall (and strength of target audience).

I don't like nothing about the epilogue but when they reached the city was the only part that way okay about, so dunno, mixed feelings.

As cool as it is knowing how things work it also takes the mysticism away from the rest of the game, which they barely explained anything and made the atmosphere really effective.

I'm not sure (haven't seen it) but that panty shot looks like "Agent Aika" or "Najica Blitz Tactics". Probably Aika.

I don't feel about it that way, but I see where you're coming from.

This.

What's all this nonsense, this is the part where you call me faggot for disagreeing
It takes two to tango, you can't go off on your own like this, the entire balance of Cred Forums relies on this interaction
It's all going to crumble

>90s anime

I mean, the game was hyping up the existence of the "Celestial" race from the very beginning so it was nice to finally be able to learn their origin story. Really, the epilogue's biggest problem, in my opinion, is wrapping things up too quickly once you get to the capital and not giving fake Ryuuzouji a good motivation. Oh, and of course: Not having a proper Eriko route. Takuya should have given her one of his jewels before she was teleported to her home dimension.

If in the 00s everything was made out of plastic, in the 90s everything was made out of fucking silicon.

>Agent Aika
Seems like it

Don't overthink it, Takuya should've just give her the D instead

>tfw you will never fuck 90s anime

Were games like these actually drawn pixel-by-pixel, or were they drawn normally and converted down to fit the resolution and stuff? Because these games look retarded good.

I can't even imagine the blue balls of watching that shit if it doesn't actually have any sex scenes

>everything was made out of fucking silicon.
???

The latter

That's why I hate watching any anime with too much nudity, ecchi and fan service in general. If I wanted that I'd watch hentai instead.

Everything just looks so greasy and weird. Like a deformed version of the generic 80s style, but shinier.

>that feel

Your lack of boner control astounds me.
Saber Marionette J is a prime example of meltface.

What is THE 90s animu? Considering Dragonball and DBZ technically is 80s stuff, is Sailor Moon the queen?

Both
They were on a pipeline
Some artist did the line art and / or colors and then some pixel wizard scaled it down and redo it pixel by pixel. It wasn't an automated algorithm.

Keep in mind they just had 16 colors max to work with

>This weak bait

>Your lack of boner control astounds me.
I know but it just bothers me in general. I don't mind fan service as long as the anime is good even if you removed all of it but there are some that are just focused on that shit (and romance). Fapping before watching helps a lot

>this is green

*this is italics*

**this is bold**

* item 1
* item 2
* item 3

[zalgo]HELP ME HE IS HERE[/zalgo]

code

~~~striketrough~~~

super^script

you die

[flip]try to read me[/flip]

%triforce

That's like asking what is the king of video games
Do you really think there's such a straighforward answer everyone will agree

Naw, man. It's like asking what video games define what era. Like, Pong for the 70s, Pac-Man for the 80s, Sonic for the 90s and John Gunshoot for the 00s and beyond.

wut

Evangelion

The only thing I would agree there is Pong for the 70s and that's just because of lack of viable alternatives

Either Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop or Revolutionary Girl Utena

tetris?

You okay user

On second thought, I think we have a winner.

This is one rare case where I prefer the update over original. The 90's version didn't look that great aside from the fact that it was pixel work.

Bebop was so late though. Evangelion arrived in the middle, so I guess it's more valid. Plus, it's probably the one anime aside from DB that most people can recognise.

Well there you go
I told you it's impossible to come to a consensus on this shit

Saber Marionette J

If you deny Space Invader as the face of 70s vidya, you're a fool.

I ain't denying shit, it's debatable, that's the point.

Is it though? You have Space Invader, vertical line(or dot depending on how you see it) and triangle. Space Invader is the only one with distinct design.

I'm sorry my man but i work at a normie place and almost every single person i know has watched or at least know about bebop more than eva

youtu.be/-840keiiFDE?t=156
>tfw you will never be a Japanese otaku during the 80s and 90s

QUICK what are some good 90's H-anime?

Ah My Goddess

user I'm not going to debate this with you because my point is that this debate is why you can't reach a consensus

Trigun is all about Vash's VA and them feels. The actual animation is craptastic. The manga is pretty good though.

The gunfight at the end was the bomb though.

p-please respond