Right now i'm using 970 and 3.5 meme is starting to show itself in some games...

Right now i'm using 970 and 3.5 meme is starting to show itself in some games. Should i upgrade to 1070 or maybe local AMD shillshitposters could recommend me an equivalent? Or there is no point in upgrading at all? I'm playing on my 1080p TV

generally speaking, the 1070 is a good idea. The 1060 is basically equivalent to the 970 and sometimes outperformed by it, so you won't see a big improvement there.
If the budget allows it i would buy the AMP!-Edition of the 1070. The RX480 will not yield any benefits and the r9 FuryX or 390 are terrible value and will not hold up in the coming years. Hell, the 1070 outperforms the Fury X in almost everything and costs less. Plus you get better driver support and heatmanagement.

I rock the r9 380 because i am a poorfag, if i could, the 1070 would be my choice.

>an equivalent?
AMD literally has no equivalent.

radeon 480 is pretty decent if you want to try amd

planned obsolence kicking offf i see. meanwhile i play Mankind Divided on 1080p high on 750ti OC'd

I get 60fps in ultra with the new forza. Keep it until the next generation if you don't use VR

If he's looking for 1070 performance, the 480 is not an option.

He'd barely see a tangible benefit over his current card.

AMD doesn't have a 1070 equivalent. 1070 outperforms 970 by 50-60%, so if that kind of performance increase is good enough for you, you can go for it. I generally go for better upgrades.

1060 is basically equivalent to 980 rather than 970.

480 is only slightly better than 970 on average.

>I generally go for better upgrades.
Fuck off user.

By that logic, you should still be using a 2600k.

A 50-60% increase is HUGE.

>by that logic you should still use a 2600k

But games right now can barley outperform a gtx 960

>tfw just bought a 480 nitro
coming in a week or so
got it for 400 bucks
this is how much a 1070 costs from my outlets
did i fuck up or is 480 fine.

>A 50-60% increase is HUGE.
Not really. If your performance has dropped to say 30 fps in some game, a 50-60% increase won't even bring that above 50 fps.

970->1070 is an upgrade after a single generation, and an upgrade to a higher priced card too ($330->$400-430), which isn't really the best use of your money.

>But games right now can barley outperform a gtx 960
You are fucking kidding me right now. Even at 1080p, that's a moronic statement.

Also is crossfire still shit or is the whole "buy a second card a few years later and get actual good performance increases" a thing

>30 fps in some game, a 50-60% increase won't even bring that above 50 fps.
No, but if it dropped to 40, it would bring you back up to 60. Or if you were at 100fps, you would gain over 50fps.

See how those numbers are basically meaningless?

>you bought a GTX 960

Grabbed a 1070 for 1080p. Figure it should last until 1270.

>got a 970 meme card before knowing about 3.5
>buy 1440p monitor
Holy shit I can hardly play most newer games without crazy stuttering. Should I just buy a 1070 and sell the 970? Or wait another generation and suffer?

you can get a fury for about 300 bucks on newegg
but id probably go with a 1070 as well considering its "newer" and the rx 480 really isnt on the same level

It's all about preferences. RX 480 is the better perf/price card in your case, though expecting better perf/price from a higher tier card is a bit silly anyway. Both are fine to buy.

Crossfire is still shit. 99% of the time you're better off just buying a new card a few years after rather than buying a second card. SLI/crossfire is basically only useful if there simply isn't a good enough card for your purposes for sale.

>No, but if it dropped to 40, it would bring you back up to 60
Which hardly seems worth dropping $400 or more for.

>Or if you were at 100fps, you would gain over 50fps.
See above.

>Which hardly seems worth dropping $400 or more for.
I forgot, user is just literally setting his old card on fire, not selling it for 150 like a reasonable person.

Don't wait if you're experiencing a significant problem.

I have yet to find a game that drops below 60fps in ultra in 1080

You're also a complete liar, or you deliberately avoid even slightly graphically intensive games.

>games right now can barley outperform a gtx 960

I am laffin bruv. I had a GTX 960 and it was garbage. Upgraded to a GTX 1060 6GB and the difference is like night and fucking day.

I play forza 3 in ultra at 60fps on a gtx 970 and I've heard it runs at 40 fps on a 1080

970 is still perfectly fine for 1080p unless you only aim to play the newest AAA games with excessive settings.

Not really.

You're going to hit that VRAM limit hard.

Where you livin' m8? Those are 1080 price 'round here in the US.

>960 above 780ti

And people still think Nvidia isn't cucking older cars.

which 1070 to buy, EVGA ASUS MSI whatever the fuck

which one is the best

Not really win10 games are godly optimized I can play doom at the same time

A 1070 can handle 1440p pretty darn well, it's worth it to upgrade to that now then upgrade to Volta

EVGA has by far the best customer service and warranty.

ALL the 1070s will hit the exact same speeds when overclocked, so anything past that is basically just money for slightly better cooling.

The Founders Edition card actually stays cool fine, but it's loud.

Also, overclocking a GPU is so easy that anyone who doesn't is retarded. You don't even need to restart the computer once, and there's literally zero risk of harming the card.

You can pretty much choose whichever you think looks the best.
But I've heard rumours that the EVGAs have a high failure rate (so check that up)

And people have spoken well about the Gigabyte cards. I've got the GB Xtreme, and it works well, but it's so large that I can't really recommend it.

what if i'm a cheapfag who plays at 1080p anyway, the RX480 seems to be identical to the 1070 but it's so much cheaper. I dont plan on overclocking either cus I dont see the benefit of it

and same question there, which rx480 to get

straya

What to get, a PS4 Pro or a GTX 1080?

>the RX480 seems to be identical to the 1070
It's fucking not.
A 1070 is nearly TWICE as powerful.

a 750ti outperform the ps4 pro

>either cus I dont see the benefit of it
You retard.

A faster GPU will give you more FPS. A 10% faster GPU scales into 10% more fps.

That seems to be more with the 1080 FTW, which is a shame because it's the best value by far. The 1070 FTW failure rate is more typical ie lemons happen.

But as said EVGA goes above and beyond with customer service, I saw a post where an user said "you could light the card on fire outside their office and you'd still get a replacement". And I believe it. If there's a hiccup, they will not hesitate to send you a new card.

For actual info, EVGA runs cool and quiet, ASUS Strix Rog OC hits damn high clocks at good temps, Zotac is even slightly beefier but I've heard horror stories about how shit their customer service is. Gigabyte is more budget friendly but still decent cards and MSI is for the Razer crowd, and aesthetics are meant to be in your face.

But they all perform within spitting distance of each other, so it really is something you need to research yourself.