Concerns?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MHGwsufc_Vw
youtube.com/watch?v=LD6xCLlF5dY
youtube.com/watch?v=V1CjxQXXA7o
youtube.com/watch?v=Iq3_phBQA_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=ARHVKZ5K1b0
youtube.com/watch?v=ILQm85KBpsc
web.archive.org/web/20150628082225/http://kho-dazat.tumblr.com/post/119242975777/a-tiny-flame-burns-within-my-consciousness
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes

I'm kind of looking forward to Scalebound more.

Kamiya almost always delivers.

I'm expecting an amazing story like the first one, nothing more. If it happens to have platinum level combat that is also deep this time, then that would be nice. We'll see.

It might have an amazing story, but I'm worried about the localization. I really hope 8-4 doesn't butcher it.

It can hardly go any wrong considering what we've seen. I may be hyped as fuck for it, but I would already be satisfied with something like DoD3, although I expect a better story.

As long as Taro can supervise their work, I think It'd be fine.

They did well on the first nier, so i'm having faith. I wouldn't have enjoyed Nier so much if it had the oni-chan shit instead of the overprotective dad shit. That's just emotionally more relatable, and I think that's important in this case.

I really can't see how people are hyped for scalebound after the e3 footage. It just seems so janky and slow. Combat doesn't look all that fun either.

The video below looks better than the boss battle that Scalebound showcased.

youtube.com/watch?v=MHGwsufc_Vw

The boss battle footage really bored me.

inb4 everything gets censored

Both NieR and Drakengard 3 were by 8-4 and had a more swearing and sex jokes than the original script.

>To see this verse, you must collect all available weapons
I'm never going to finish this game, am I?

I suppose, but didn't the dub for Drakengard 3 ruin some character personalities?

To bad Scalebound is for shitty Xbox.

>Will it live up to hype?

He also tells people to not play his previous games and just watch it on Youtube. Still, I don't know if he actually doesn't have faith in Automata this time around.

the man said expect a shitty story and enjoy the good gameplay, so I'm guessing he's gonna bring Accord back or something so I'm just gonna do as he says

>Still, I don't know if he actually doesn't have faith in Automata this time around.
Nah this is just what he's like, I wouldn't worry about it.

>so I'm guessing he's gonna bring Accord back or something
Is there something wrong with that?

youtube.com/watch?v=LD6xCLlF5dY
This video of him I found interesting. Though I'm not sure I fully understand what Taro meant by the "potential of videogames".

So I was replaying NieR and I forgot that the three first shades you find after the prologue are three small ones that are hanging near the village, so Nier assumes they are going to attack the village and kills them. The funny part is that if you don't attack them, they just hang there looking at you without doing anything bad.

So yeah, you start the whole journey killing some children who were doing nothing. The trap this game does to the player's thinking is marvelous.

>Will it live up to hype?

>Yoko Taro's story
>No Kamiya was involved so the combat will be good
>Those character designs
It's every weebs dream. In Japan, this is the normal standard.

Yeah, DG3 got quite the butchering in that sense because they didn't interpret the script properly

And PC

I think the problem was more in the actual VAs delivery than the translation itself, that even if it got its liberties it could have turned right with good perfomances like happened with NieR.

are you a fucking casual? because that's what it sounds like

>The trap this game does to the player's thinking is marvelous
The thing is, if you've played his games before, you'd be a lot more wary for things like these. It would be hard to surprise you this time around. If this is going to be Taro's last game, I want it to be crazy.

>quite the butchering
Really? I thought the only big issue was that Zero was often really angry instead of being more detached.

shit, meant for

Well, he just needs to give it another twist. He doesn't like to do the same twice after all.

Didn't get to play the first one. I watch a plot video though so from what I know it was pretty good. I just hope it's ending is all depressing like nier and d1 was.

i really want for him to go through with the idea of a part that affects the framerate intentionally, that would be pretty funny

There are a lot of those through the game, like the shade in the library. Playing again is fucking depressing because all that stuff.

This guy is great.

I'm concerned that robot girl doesn't have a penis

Who says she don't? In a interview he even said that these androids being male or female units doesn't mean they have the minds of an individual of that sex.

>being male or female units doesn't mean they have the minds of an individual of that sex
Pic related confirmed.

I'm very worried, NieR with good gameplay sounds like the perfect game, but I'm worried we'll be getting a game with good gameplay that's nothing like the first NieR.
The localization is a concern too.

There are zero examples of games living up to unrealistic amounts of hype and expectations that Cred Forums has.

>I still didn’t have any answers after making the first two, and I had no idea what to do. And since I can’t divulge any information about the story or game world, I’ll just say that I decided to do a complete about-face and depict an answer from left field, if you will.

So Drakengard 1 was an insane world with twisted people because you would have to be insane to feel good about killing hundreds of people like you do in video games. Nier was conflicts happening in a world where everyone thought they were doing the right thing in some way because society was giving off the vibe that you don’t have to be insane to kill someone, you just have to think you’re right and you're able to kill. What was the idea behind Drakengard 3?

It just needs a story and an OST on par with the first one. Actually, I say "just", but those things are the hardest to pull off.

3 is basically about a really drawn out suicide.

Drakengard fans love Drakengard.

Long as it does its thing it'll be fine.

Suicide and Taro having fun joking about himself.

That looks fucking terrible.

I'm not even memeing, it genuinely looks like it was made by 5 guys experimenting with Unreal 4

What about it?
Few things I dislike though:
>that MC
>that BGM
>world looks bland, only generic plains and floating islands
>framerate
I think I like the idea of always having a dragon companion who levels up etc. and watching it fight with other big beasts. Almost like Robot Alchemic Drive.

So like 90% of it.

>hopes
That theres banter just like the first
>concerns
PC version development hindering final product in available content

Ha ha oh boy I can't wait to be emotionally gut punched again and again just like my first time through Nier.

youtube.com/watch?v=V1CjxQXXA7o

Taro directing. It'll be the same flavor, no worries.

Localization remains to be seen.

>That theres banter just like the first
Hopefully the pods are entertaining enough.

>PC version development hindering final product in available content
Not sure what you mean. The fact that PC is being developed wastes time on the actual game development or something? It's been stated that they've been planning a PC version from the start, and they (Platinum) make the game on PC, then port it consoles -- just like how most developers do nowadays.

Do you guys think they'll somehow top Beepy?

My concern is how it will flop. Half sales it would have made on PS4 go to torrent sites, and people like me will buy it used to show square to stop expecting us to carry sales stolen by PC.

When you're giving up the leashes to gameplay, you're co-directing at best.

This guy might.

>Song of the Ancients
Damn, Keiichi Okabe has his work cut out for him. I hope we get a god tier main village/hub theme in Automata.

Fucking hell I just realized how strong of an emphasis they're going with robots this time around.

Sentient or good natured robots get to me more than anything else.

>Robo
>E-102 Gamma
>Beepy

A robot holding a flower and his "essence" is affection. Don't know if it will top Beepy, but they will try for sure alright.

Taro never liked doing that, he was always angry at the game designers due to that. Now he can drink beer with Kamiya and bringing up crazy ideas as he always wanted.

So like, all of you True NieR fags are going to be playing this game on Auto Mode right? Otherwise you wouldn't be able to complete the game due to that Platinum difficult.

For shame. You finally get rewarding combat and it's too hard for you to learn.

>essence
Does anyone have the pic of the translated essences of each character? I saw it some time ago, can't find it now.

With how Scalebound looks, maybe Kamiya throws around some neat ideas for Taura and Co.

>spam dodge 2 win
Dude Platinum games aren't hard, that's not why people like them.

It's the ability to play stylishly and mess around with fairly complex realtime mechanical systems, which will do nothing but improve the likes of NieR.

And NieR fags wont be able to enjoy that, they'll be playing it on Auto Mode, as I said.

So what's your point?

99% of characters seem to be robots fighting a proxy war for others, and in the middle of all this Beepy emerged and forced them to become sentient.

This is the default setup of Automata user, you gonna be got user

My point is that you're a huge nerd.

>huge nerd
Isn't that why we like these games? There not for normies. Oh, they ARE!?!?!?

>NieR fags won't be able to enjoy that
They're striving for that balance and to please both types of gamers. So yeah, I need the demo right now on Steam

The game shouldn't be on steam in the first place.

Do you really need to pre-emptively shitpost 149 days before the game is out?
Is that how bleak your life is?

why tf not

Platinum's other games are okayish ports, just bring a gamepad.

It's a weird decision. Not even memeing, but it seems like a PS4 exclusive. It was also strange that it was being touted as such, but then they come out and say it's going to be on Steam and we've developed it for that from the very start.

Square probably pushed for it, they've been publishing shitloads of crap on Steam.

Are you a braindead person?
What the fuck does "it seems like a PS4 exclusive" mean?
Why it shines and glitters in an interesting way?

It was never said its a ps4 exclusive, they SPECIFICALLY CAME OUT AND TOLD YOU RETARDS that it is simply the only platform for now.

Thats not an exclusive, that implied one thing - which is exactly what happened, that it was moved to other platforms too.

I swear you children go retarded once the word "exclusive" is included when talking about a game.

That's good to hear but it's also the wrong way to teach the player how to play the game. Auto Mode let's you mindlessly press buttons as well as the game holding your hand throughout the entire play through.

Why is it that vidyafags, these people who claim to be so smart, lack the ability to fully understand the things they like? Is it just them being lazy or they really can't grasp the concept of dodging and attacking?

It's still exclusive in Japan. Because nobody plays these kind of games on PC in Japan.

PC peeps in Japan get dicked over constantly. Half of Sega's PC Catalogue is blocked there because fuck them.

Will we see beepy?

I don't know if there was a single image with all of them, so I just did it myself.

Stop replying to obvious bait kids.

>It's a weird decision. Not even memeing, but it seems like a PS4 exclusive.
Outside of the Sega deal, there isn't a single Platinum title that isn't on Steam. More than likely the decision came from Platinum rather than Square to release the game on PC because there's no Xbox version.

>dlc endings
>the aliens descend, they end up being the guys from the simpsons
>turns into murder mystery, the butler was the culprit all along
>2b grabs a whip and goes after dracula
>2b reaches the final boss room, >sorry, 2b, but your enemy is in another castle
>hey, s9, a2, let's forget the swords and use power of friendship to defeat the enemies!
>heart throbbing visual novel where s9 confesses his feelings to 2b
>emil's face replaces the moon

Maybe.

Sweet, thanks user.
Also
>Atonement
Atonement for what? Attonement for Devola and Popola in NieR fucking up? Doesn't Automata take place in Ending D/E where Nier gets erased? How would they know about it?

youtube.com/watch?v=Iq3_phBQA_Y

I'll buy it just for the music

What are they playing?

Yes, that seems to be the case, they are androids of the same series so they feel bad that the pair we met fucked up and basically killed most of humanity.

Especially because Nier was "deleted" - someone else had to be blamed for it, the actual cause's existence is gone.

>NieR livestream back in April
>this song being performed live

youtube.com/watch?v=ARHVKZ5K1b0

>Attonement for Devola and Popola in NieR fucking up?
Apparently.
>Two old generation androids who reside in the Resistance Camp. They are aware of the incident that involved two of their same-model androids in the distance past and feel a deep sense of regret.

Yes. They still fucked up regardless of the ending though.

Future Cop: LAPD. I miss that fucking game.

Yes, they want to atone for what "they" did.

I also like how Emil's mosaic censoring takes up the whole screen. Can't wait to see how he looks.

youtube.com/watch?v=ILQm85KBpsc
Why wait? The first minute is a bit rocky, but then she fucking kills the song. She's great.

I don't see any gameplay of the boy yet, that will determine whether I buy it, I don't like endorsing games with female protagonists, especially animewaifufetish-tier ones .

Wait which one is even Emil?
Survival?
Then Transcendence would be Beepy, right? He literally did transcend,.
Plus they are the two robots with absolutely weird bodies which we couldn't really put into pictures, I mean Emil was an flying space army and Beepy was a gigantic robo-sphere-god.

But he was in quite a few gameplay vids, even controlled once.

I'm already pre-sad and pre-bummed out about all the bad shit that'll happen to him.

Bet they are going to take his blindfold off just so he loses an eye in the next 5 minutes.

>which one is even Emil?
Survival, pretty sure.

>Then Transcendence would be Beepy, right? He literally did transcend
Wait wait what did I miss? I read Grimoire Nier, but not all of the short stories. What happened to Beepy?

>Wait which one is even Emil?
>Survival?
Yep.
>Emil
>Voice: Kadowaki Mai
>Soul: 生存 Survival
>A returning character from the previous NieR. Much of his memory has deteriorated over the thousands of years of his existence.

Is Emil's english VA coming back to do his voice?

Read the The Fire of Prometheus

In short
Long after we beat him Beepy reactivates at the depth of the junk heap, determined to fulfill kalil's wish and see the world he starts climbing out, converting and merging with robots he meets on the way up by basically shouting at them until they become sentient. By the time he reaches the surface he is a gigantic spherical floating robot-god thing, on the surface the Yorha-type androids are fighting the alien's robots (which weren't actually the Emil types we know now) when he emerges from the heap and he forces some of both team to become sentient themselves, and then fucks off into space to see the world.

Beepy ascended.
web.archive.org/web/20150628082225/http://kho-dazat.tumblr.com/post/119242975777/a-tiny-flame-burns-within-my-consciousness

One can only hope, if they give him some retarded murrican kid voice I'll kill myself.

I don't think Beepy would have Nakata Jouji's voice of all people.

Are you kidding me thats fucking PERFECT
I mean for a gigantic robot god, give it some robot-filter and I couldn't think of a better one.

He might now he's a transcendent robot hivemind.

You can hear Nakata's voice in the pre TGS trailer and he doesn't sound robotic at all.

Well I'm not going to rule it out, the filter isn't a must, I think he would sound absolutely perfect in a transcendent robot-god role.

Holy shit. Also I would have thought the Junk Heap guy (Gideon?) would have been successful in making technology to explore the whole Junk Heap and kill any remaining machines.

I guess he wasn't able to kill every single robot there by himself, the junk heap is a big place after all. Also certain robots are clearly capable of repairing themselves even after taking significant damage, so he might not have realized that.

Well he may have been, but we killed all human and shade life in the region, so after some time its all that remains is just the empty junk heap with its wretched automatons

Just got ending A, then B last night for the first time. Gonna start on C tonight (I got all of the weapons on accident on my first playthough, and i have 100% side quest completion), then do D later in the week (although I've heard C and D only branches with a dialogue choice, would it be viable to save right before C and D's split and then just reload the save and do it again? Or will I miss out on content?) No spoilers please.

Spoilers for game:
I am pretty split the Memory 2 playthrough, on one hand they did a really good job of turning the narrative upside-down completely (like how all of the shades have some kind of sympathetic backstory) but it's also kind of cheesy, and I sort of predicted a "you were the bad guy all along" twist. I still like it though, because even though it's kind of cheesy and predictable, the fact that there's so much dialogue/new cutscenes/reasoning for the twist in the 2nd playthrough makes it enjoyable to play through. The game has lots of mechanical problems too. It's really the soundtrack that makes the game, almost all of it is super memorable. I'm excited for the C and D endings, and even more excited for Automata. Platinum has been one of my favorite gameplay devs for forever, and that's exactly what Nier needs.

>would it be viable to save right before C and D's split and then just reload the save and do it again?
Yeah, everything up to the dialogue choice is the same. You won't miss anything.

Alright cool, thanks. I'll get both endings tonight then.

It's cheesy, but the writing is pretty good along with the feelings it brings combined with the soundtrack. Also, all it's really tragic and mean. It's a metaphor about how things are never black and white and sometimes you can commit ugly things just because following what you think it's right under your own PoV. Sometimes shit happens and there isn't a clear answer.

I think I noticed what was going on when after killing one of the small shades it gave me a schoolbook. Somehow everything clicked for me at that moment.

It's not only the twist but how soul rending it is due the way it's done. Add that you also basically fucked up humanity's chance to survive in the process.

Man, I didn't even make the conncection of the schoolbooks, etc. since I thought it was just some random shit they stole from the humans.

I felt even more bad for Shadowlord. All those 1300 years for his daughter down the drain because Nier's (the player) first instinct is to bash Weiss in, causing him to have amnesia. Then his daughter commits fucking suicide because the fake her loves her dad too. The whole Gestalt project was a fuck up. Ending B is probably my favorite.

I don't think it's cheesy because it's not really the twist.

Nier wasn't the "bad guy" all along, he just fought for what he tought had to do, same as the others, both friends and foes, and let intolerance and hatred get the better of him without giving them a chance by listening and trying to understand them.

The "twist", if you want to call it that, is that there is no good and evil, there's only a conflict of interests, same as real life, people believing in their own way of seeing the world and hating others and engaging in pointless and avoidable fights just because of their inability to accept that there are infinite versions of the truth and that right and wrong is just a matter of perspective

It's basically telling you to listen to people before judging them for acting and thinking different than you.

Yeah, everything about him is fucking tragic.

I couldn't have said it better. Taro even said that he was inspired on the War of Terror for all his reasoning that lead to NieR.

>spoiler
He says NieR was inspired by 9/11, and I knew of this before I played. Now that I've played it, it makes sense.

One of the things that irked me about Nier was how throughout the game, Weiss constantly prompts him to think. Think about why the key collecting is too easy, as if someone set them up or how the Memory Tree shade was "capable of rational thought". But no, he ignores all that like an idiot (he probably is anyway). I realize it was intentional and because plot, but man things could have ended way better for everyone.

I finished watching the Best Firends LP of Nier a while ago, and one of them said that Automata would require some knowledge of the Drakenguard series (specifically 3) to understand everything.

I looked up the plots for 1,2, and 3. I already understood that NieR was a continuation off ending D in 1, but what else is important?

Are the Watchers gonna be involved because of that one guy with the tattoo from the trailer? Will Accord from 3 show up because of timeline/multiverse shenanigans? What the hell is even happening?

I'm hyped regardless.

we have no idea. maybe, maybe not. we'll have to wait and see.

They were probably talking about the Accord -> Yorha connection. It's a katakana thing.

Playing Nier for the first time, still on first half of NG. I'm just using the one handed sword. Curious which weapons are the funnest/most interesting/whatever.

I'm expecting both actually.

Still, Taro said that you will not really need knowledge from previous games to enjoy Automata. He actually said it will be more confusing for us that played previous games.

Nier Automata and Gravity Rush 2 are pretty much the sole two reasons why I still give a shit about videogames right about now.

Thoughts on how your Pod companions will resemble Grimoire Weiss? In terms of "casting magic" attacks? I noticed that they showed off not just the standard bullet hell attack but also an energy beam that feels kind of like it would be the equivalent of the lance from Nier.

I'm by far the most interested in how they'll incorporate this game's "magic" projectile attacks into combat beyond just the standard rapid fire.

There was a capture months ago with 2B using Dark Execution, so expect a grimoire at one point.

It completely comes down to preference.

I stuck with 1H for most of the game, then switched to spears toward the end.

They haven't said anything about that, but I'm guessing it will work similarly as how Weiss did.

That being said, what I'm more interested about the Pods is, in the case they have different attacks, wether the swapping will work like the weapons do in DoD3 or Automata. Going to the menu everytime was terrible. It didn't help that half of them were pretty useless, even if you were just changing them for the sake of variety.

They already showed you can change weapons in the middle of a combo.

I was talking about the Pods.

>being such a faggot you watch LPs of taro's games
this is why automata on steam was a mistake.

I'll go beat C and D then read your post afterwards, as I hope C and D will add more depth to the twist I'm referring to, or add other twists.

I feel the "the tables have turned" cliche has been done a lot, but I do like the way they reframe it. Other jrpgs just kind of throw it in your face at the end with a few hints here and there, but all in all I feel cheated usually.

Be back in a bit.

>2B using dark execution
Literally what? Are you sure?

Yeah, glowing lances and everything. I think it was in one of the developer diaries.