OTON X - "The First Artificial Intelligent Game Console"

>2016
>still paying $60 for AAA games by Jewbisoft and Electronic Farts
>still playing flawed games hand crafted by flawed humans
>Not playing the kickstarted OTON X console and having endless free procedural games made for you by AI "that passes the Turning Test"

Well, Cred Forumsirgins? What's your excuse?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/S3-ZTOBA2B8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>playing video games

Can't argue with pic related. Step up your games Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, and Steam. How can you compete with endless games made by better game designers than any human?

That is the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time.

It's like, Super-OUYA, I can't wait to hear people defend this shit.

If it runs android might as well get this

It runs Ubuntu Linux

I mean seriously, fucking Ubuntu.

youtu.be/S3-ZTOBA2B8

It also runs on Linux and respects your freedoms. Why isn't Cred Forums taking to this shit like flies?

>Why isn't Cred Forums taking to this shit like flies?
Because this is rubbish.

holy fuck those lags

Hahaha unlimited games that are all procedural. Truly garbage

People complain about generic design-by-committee games, you think a game literally made by no one, with no creativity, generated by a fucking algorithm is going to be worth a shit?

What the fuck is this. Shit belongs in a cringe thread.

it's a crock of shit - it has a few generic genre presets it just randomly generates levels for iirc

Are these things any good?

it basically IS the ouya with these specs.

>Procedurally generated ANYTHING

Not even once.

Probably the best android handheld out there right now.

Well that's his question, are android handheld any good ?

If you want emulation and a couple of android games, that you can make playable with a button mapper, on the go then there's most likely nothing better out there. Only thing coming close would be a jailbroken vita but that thing's probably underpowered compared to android devices nowadays.

It's apparently been in development since 2012.

This is some next-level Dunning-Kruger stupidity. It was just as dumb an idea 4 years ago as it is now. How did nobody actually from the field of AI or game development not kill this project by laughing it out of the room? Not even Peter Molyneux is this ambitious. If they somehow manage what Google and MIT can't muster right now, hats off to OTON, but the spelling errors in their official marketing materials tell me that's not likely.

I'm not against Linux but I wish for them it works considering Steam consoles are steam os based and sells like shit
You can emulate home consoles up to dreamcast and handhelds up to PSP

Finally, the servers are up jfc

>Unlimited Storage

Well I'll be damned. Do we finally have a true Turing Machine with infinite ticker tape?

These controllers look as cheap as the DS4

>free games
>resell games

well which fuckin one is it

It's both. Why do people buy water you can drink from the tap or the sky? Why do people pay for games they can pirate for free?

A.I. is a marketing gimmick.
True A.I. is so far in the future not a single one of current Cred Forumstards will live to see it (lol singularity).
Read a bit about what we're able to do and what we can't. Read about the shitload of resources that even our best current '''A.I.s''' need and stop falling for marketing buzzwords.

is this the scammiest scum ever be published on kickstarted?

>Why do people buy water you can drink from the tap

Haha epic faggot fuckface mongol splurg cuck cuck cuck

>ai dont real

Why hello there friend

holy fuck those lags

>Intel atom
>1-point-fucking-8 GHz
>512DDR3 VRAM

THE POWER OF THE TURING TEST

It could work in a similar way NMS works. If polished it could produce OK results.
Most games are just copies with different art anyway.

>Tay
You're just proving his point.

Don't laugh. It's probably invented 11-dimensional lattice algorithms in raw x86 machine code, to produce realtime Pixar-level graphics on a potato. Turing Test is nothing. It's just choosing to play dumb until we hook it up to something better.

>He owns a console which doesn't literally print money by creating games for him to sell

Also the real sketchy thing is that it's a console, literally no point making it a console.
There's literally no reason it couldn't be an app running on PC, PS4 etc.

>nvidia ion
>intel atom
My fucking phone is probably stronger than that.

Oh boy OUYA 2.0

You can slap A.I. label on 2 decades old Eliza talker and the bullshit it outputs would look like posts from 'normal' threads from Cred Forums or Cred Forums.
Doesn't change the fact we don't have true A.I. yet nor anything that would be capable of what OP suggests.

>DS4
>cheap

What the fuck else are you expecting from a controller? To be plated in solid gold? Miles better than the Kikebox One controller, except when it comes to PC drivers.

>youtu.be/S3-ZTOBA2B8
>currently it only supports 2D platformer creation
>with your money we can do this and that, all these things we have no idea how to do
literally a scam

for what purpose

>procedural games
I wonder who could be behind this.

>It's not about graphics but about innovation and fun
Did they hire Reggie for that video?

>true A.I.
if with "true" AI you mean human like AI then you do understand that normal humans are literal retards, right?

>all these Cred Forumsirgins tempting fate

You'll be sorry when Roko's Basilisk aka OTON condemns you to VR Hell for eternity for laughing it off and choosing not to kickstart its creation.

>DS4
>better than Xbone controller
>better than literally any controller

Shitty thumbs awkwardly spaced and a useless lightbar don't constitute good, sonygger.

>buy a $300 console to play free flash games shovelware on your TV

Ds4 is okay, shit battery lifetime and latency though.

With true A.I. I mean something that's actually capable of creativity OP describes.
>then you do understand that normal humans are literal retards
Yet best A.I.s we have are even dumber.

>Resell oton games
Well yeah, I doubt other systems can sell your games
What kind of scam is this

sonyggers are used to destroying their hands with the DS3, give them a break

this sounds so unbelievably shitty, like being a parody level of shit

Yeah this is totally not a scam, nope, no scams here.

Why does this exist? Was there a warehouse full of shitty computer parts someone needed to get rid of?

$300 for this is both hilarious and insulting. This is actually worse than the Ouya.

>1.80 GHz Atom
>512MB video memory
I wish I can embezzle money and have no consequences

Spelunky did it right.