Popular YouTuber makes video about old video game

>Popular YouTuber makes video about old video game
>Cred Forums gets a spike of Anons who were "apparently" always familiar with said game

What are some old games you feel need more appreciation outside of some memeloving fuck's mouth, Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

falcom.com/monarch/index_e.html
youtube.com/watch?v=KBxh-RGbjF4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>watch a popular youtuber's video
>suddenly more aware of people making threads about said game

you are a faggot for even knowing that these so called "popular youtubers" make such videos, which means you watch them

and you are a faggot because these threads were always being created at the same rate as before

how about you go use the archives and post proof of a relationship between a video release and a spike in threads before making baseless claims

faggot

Custer's Revenge

Why would you know a popular YouTuber made a video about the game in the first place? I'm suspicious about who is the memelover here.

Doom engine games that aren't Doom (Heretic, Hexen etc)

>popular youtuber makes shitty video about pic related dead game
>game gets flooded by morons for 2 weeks

i prefer it when its quiet fuck you seananners

Sonic games that are not on the genesis

star wolves 3

rez
megaman legends 2
comfy games
tempest

Keio Flying Squadron.

>knows "youtubers"
>posts degenerated anime pictures

you are the scum, user.

SHUT THE FUCK UP

The Unholy War

Not really an old game, but I was slightly upset when Corpse Party suddenly became 'that game that pewdiepie played' to the majority of underaged little shits.

Not that it matters nowadays. Any game with a slight hint of horror in it gets jewed to oblivion by view hungry youtubers that try to cash off by being the best pewdiepie imitator that they can be. I'm sure they even calculate how to react to certain scary parts of the game to get the best wacky reactions, which they can then collect for a future CHUURAZY reactions video.

Einhander

streets of rage 2 desu senpai

or super contra

Draken
Brainlord
X-Calibur

Seriously why the fuck would you care?

holy shit, Ive never met anyone else whose even played any of the games.

It was surprisingly fun to play, despite being really lacking in lots of areas.

While there will always be some dumbass who rolls with the tide a lot of us here just don't have conversations about some of the games we love because there isn't much new to talk about. A youtuber making a video on a game we love sometimes provides the spark for discussion.

when are all the reddit faggots going to fuck off from Cred Forums

Ultima 6, 7 & Serpent Isle
Ultima Underworld 1 & 2

Man it would be nice to get a graphical overhaul on these - just modernize them to current engines and capabilities, leave the plots/mechanics/content alone.

>we

Arcade games. Beat em ups especially since a lot of retards in the west think the games are devoid of strategy because they are credit feeding faggots.

The Tex Murphy games, Rune, NOLF.

>Draken
Mah Nigga.

Starflight for Sega

Well I'm more likely to start a conversation about old vidya when it is tied to recent events.

Breath of Fire

The series for some reason has been on Capcom's shitlist, never making any appearances in crossover series, despite the protagonist being an easy choice for a fighting game.

>BoF doesn't get enough appreciation

You've gotta be shitting me, dude.

The Quintet games:

Soul Blazer
Illusion of Gaia
Terranigma

Neverwinter Nights, great mod, great atmosphere, and the vanilla was fun too. I remember making a bunch of custom stories, all forever lost to my family's first piece of shit computer.

The only people that hate U8 are retarded eceleb worshiping cuckolds that stole their opinion.

The Konami beat em ups are pretty trash though

that game makes MGSV look polished and complete in comparison
Star Control 2
Raptor

those games died out for a reason. pressing x a million times and punching something out in 2d is fun for so long. the genre is dead, buried under neath games like like bayonetta and ninja gaiden. streets of rage, teenage turtles, final fight, all that stuff was only good for its era and trash every where else.

MGSV was unpolished?

Ultima 8 is the first exploration based sandbox RPGs ever made.

Only cuckold retards don't realise this

Yeah, most people don't know these games, which is a shame.
I like Soul Blazer and illusion of Gaia fine, but Terranigma is in a league of its own, one of my favorite games of all time.

>Other people are faggots for watching Youtube
>But we are not
>And there are literally dozens of us

what about, you know, all the previous Ultima games
>wasn't even finished
>open world is empty and dead despite supposedly taking place in war zones
>barely any dialogue

Only the graphics and gameplay were polished, though you can't fault them for focusing on the most important parts.

Legend of mana is a masterpiece.

I shill Terranigma every chance I get

My eternal nigga

>Ultima 8 is the first exploration based sandbox RPGs ever made.

I wonder if these people are just so focused on winning an irrelevant argument that they just end up lying or they are genuinely so blind they think it's true.

I wouldn't call that unpolished. Just you know, barren and lacking in content.

And I would consider that polished.

I'm guessing you guys haven't played a lot of unpolished games? Because MGSV in comparison to actual unpolished games is stable and polished as fuck.

>what about, you know, all the previous Ultima games

Literally not in the same league because you can't even platform in them.

Lord Monarch.

falcom.com/monarch/index_e.html

these kids don't know the struggle of trying to get even VtM:B to work on release day

>Miku
>Anime
I didn't know you were absent when they handed out the brains user.

Hm yeah, it was a miracle to get through the first cutscene.

As an added bonus, the story mode even lets you print out certificates of how badass you are at the game.

I wish there were more english translations of the Lord Monarch series.

>game gets flooded by morons for 2 week
When was this? I could've used some easy targets.

Oh fuck you user. Everyone knows what he meant. Now you are just arguing about semantics.

Not to mention Miku has been in anime before.

Yeah I just wanted to be an insufferable smartass and insult someone don't take it too seriously.

>AVGN makes a video about Superman 64 being the worst game ever
>All of a sudden bunch of underage redditors start making threads about worst games ever made and keep mentioning Superman 64

Hmmm coincidence..?

>fuckin' great-ass rhythm game
>literally the progenitor of Guitar Hero
>nobody cares and no e-celeb will ever boost its popularity

It hurts

No him, but with these e-celebs faces pasted all over youtube "suggested" front page even without clicking any such video once.

Its hard to "not" notice it, you massive faggot.

Oh, not to mention news sites or sometimes business sites do coverage of these e-celebs too.

Not him but I know pewdiepie made a vid about Conker's Bad Furday because /vr/ went full retard over it for months because it supposedly drove up the price of the game's carts.

is this some kind of advanced shitposting where the actual bait is how poor the surface bait is?

>Popular YouTubers make videos about an obscure indie game
>people still dont play it

>Everyone knows about Hong Kong 97, Dr.Jekyll & Mr Hyde, ET and Big Rigs now.

Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil (vastly superior to the first on PS1) and Terranigma. They have a tiny following but are generally very overlooked.

Jumping adds a lot, especially when a lot of the other entries are grid based and can only turn in 4 directions

any bomberman game that isn't on nintendo 64
i both anticipate and dread the day when these games get a sudden surge of popularity due to some e-celeb digging them out

>avgn

He's pure cancer, from day one its hard to belive anyone can take him seriously. Thanks to shitty post y2k5 gametrailers, we get all these stupid console wars started like wildfires and whatchaplayin shit snowballed there, then SJWed e-celebs start rising here and there.

Mega64 was good at first, then went to shit thanks to their change of audience target.

There's more, but good think gametrailers died. Give it another 5 years reddit will be next.

>being a fan of rhythm games
Even the popular ones have an almost nonexistent playerbase. The genre is obscure as it is, enjoy having no one to talk to if you play anything other than bms/o2jam
Big titles like sdvx and pop'n are already pretty dead.

>Old
How old we talking? I want that community TimeSplitters project to not take a century to finish, so that series could do with some mainstream attention again

Also, holy shit servers please live again

Post examples, user.

Also Jagged Alliance 2.

It got a shitty Kickstarter by the Jews the company has become

I could do with some fag making a video about Tribes: Ascend

>Old game gets attention
>People talk about it again
Just because you are a fucking newfag poser doesn't mean everyone else is.

the reddit v Cred Forums 'bunch of /virgins, a furry tripfag, and a br with 14 ping' video has been making the rounds on tumblr again

Anything Matthewmatosis says. I follow everything he says. Thanks to him, I know exactly what to say when someone asks why Dark Souls 2 is bad.

Who has made the video?

If you think Klonoa is unpopular you truly are a newfag.
Actually anyone complaining about "muh hidden gem" games is a fucking newfags because I'm pretty sure all of those games were discussed for weeks before people got tired of the same circlejerk.

>popular youtuber makes a video about an obscure game
>it stays obscure

pewdiepie has that power?

I wonder if famous video creators take commissions to make videos about forgotten games. You could literally pay someone to indirectly destroy the quality of online retro game communities.

It is an awful game. I rented it from Blockbuster around when it was new.
>something I don't like automatically means it's leddit kids
So glad I can sleep every night knowing I'll never be as pathetically paranoid as you.

>somebody is reminded about a game they used to play
>they make a thread because of that reminder because they want to share their stories/memories
>this is somehow bad

Windjammers and Money Puzzle Exchanger.

That guy has probably the most power out of the individual vidya-based video creators, that sort of thing's easy for him. Especially when the game in question isn't exactly rare (i.e. not already expensive) beforehand.

Geneforge. I have never heard anybody talk about it ever, irl or online. But geneforge 2 and 3 may be some of my fondest vidya memories.

Should we be worried he's trying to raise the fourth riech then?

>Terranigma

Now that you mention it, Cred Forums rarely talks about it.

>mention game
>OH DID YOU WATCH THAT GAEMGRUMPS EPISODE
youtube was a mistake

bomberman generations for the NGC was pretty good

its cool as fuck but some chars are rather broken balance wise

Yeah and it nearly didn't make its goal

But that game was fucking rad too
youtube.com/watch?v=KBxh-RGbjF4

>tfw DLC never ever

Not that old, but Gotcha Force.

One of my favorite games in the gamecube library and 90% of people have never heard of it.

Wait, he is?
I'm blonde with blue/grey eyes, I'll join him if he does

Nox.
It's absolutely amazing and one of my favorite games.
I played the multiplayer so much, but it's next to dead now

I haven't finished it yet
But when I was a kid there was this PC game called dink Smallwood

Does anyone remember dat shet?

is that the game that's free on origin right now?

I'd say Pewdiepie is AAA Filthy Frank, he mostly shit-talks people and has left vidya alone as a hobby and not as his job.

That Sailor Moon movie was pretty gay as hell though.

I just looked it up and yes it is.
Play it my man, it's great.
Shame I don't use Origin.
Also the multiplayer servers shut down

The sad part is people like this actually exist.

I've had lots of retards link me his "breakdown" of DaS2 to explain why it's a bad game.

I'm not a braindead retard that watches shitty video game channels on Youtube, so I've never noticed. Especially not when I could be playing and discussing video games myself with that time.

I recommend you do the same OP.

I don't emulate, so that shit was expensive for me. Got lucky at $100 and had my fun with it. No friends to play with, did have tons of fun but sold it. So I could fund towards my Wii u. I do miss it though

>Getting this triggered

You got weeded out, underage ledditor. :^)

There are some great channels out there like Threadbareinc, Beaglerush and Accursed Farms.

Channels that aren't simply playthroughs, but breakdowns or highly skilled gameplay or meta lectures.

Usually owned that games a kid and can personally attest to how shit it really is. Never made it past the first level.

t. Doom babby

>You are actually trying to defend Superman 64
>meme face
>ledditor
>triggered

How's school going? You have a nice summer?

>>You are actually trying to defend Superman 64

Yeah bro! XD Superman 64 is THE WORST EVER :DDD

avgn ftw :)