I just watched this and man, am I experiencing some feels. Cred Forums really did overmeme this just to be contrarian...

I just watched this and man, am I experiencing some feels. Cred Forums really did overmeme this just to be contrarian. My only complaint is that that villains are supposed to be morally gray but just come off as sadistic and pointlessly brutal, not that Joel is much better half the time.

Sarah best daughterfu, first 15 minutes best part of the game

It's a good game, most of Cred Forums doesn't like it because it's a Playstation exclusive, like some fags that hate Bloodborne

It was a great game, only downside was the rampant SJWism, but that still didn't tarnish it much.

What SJWism?

Also
>letting external things factor into your opinion of a subject

> not informing your opinion with external knowledge

>caring that certain people you don't like have certain opinions about something unrelated

Which then impacts the thing i have bought?

What villain was supposed to be morally gray?

no, Cred Forums started to hate the game because it was being touted as the citizen kane of gaming when it came out when in reality it's has some pretty good gameplay and a rather decent story but nothing really revolutionary like people were claiming. same thing with bioshock infinite, it's annoying seeing a game being hyped beyond belief when it's average at best(infinite a hell of a lot more so than TLOU)

The military who are just doing their job in a fucked up world, the cannibals who have a legitimate community and are trying to survive, the Fireflies who are idealists literally trying to save the world.

Infinite was a great game too, Cred Forums is just perennially contrarian. The multiple universe story only gets fedora when fans start to act like its incredibly deep and novel.

Infinite was shit compared to TLOU. Boring levels, boring enemies, bullet sponge enemies, barebones story that doesn't make any sense, and shallow 2 dimensional characters. TLOU isn't Citizen Kane but it's actually a good game.

Cannibals don't really make much sense when food scarcity is not a thing. Sure there are some offhand mentions of rationing in the city at the start but otherwise you eat/hunt and do fine throughout the game.

Baby's first bait

Ya, I was thinking about that too. Hunting humans would be extremely and needlessly high risk when you could just hunt the absurd amounts of wild animals and grow your own food.

infinite was a messy story with some really really generic gameplay that wasn't fit to hold the bioshock name.
yea that's why i said it was a pretty decent game, nowhere near the level people were hyping it up to be saying it was the greatest game ever made but a good game regardless.

Which villains? The cannibal group or the fireflies? They're both pretty morally grey, the fireflies are trying to find a cure to cordyceps and the cannibal group start yelling to get the women and children inside after Ellie breaks free and they realise she's infected.

Exactly, moral issues in games only work when you feel pressured towards the immoral. Whereas almost every game has 'evil' as just a totally arbitrary option and villains who don't really have any reason for what they do.

I was mainly thinking of the cannibals and the bandits when I said needless sadistic and brutal, especially since they're just normal people trying to survive and not psychopaths.

10/10 story I dont give a fuck what Cred Forums says.
yeah thew game play itself is pretty linear and arguably good have done more but it had one of the best stories in recent vidya ive played

Cred Forums just wants to be hipsters and hate everything

When David first appeared and revealed himself I thought there would be an interesting situation where he and his group were decent and Joel killed them needlessly and there would be some moral questions asked about Joel's behavior but instead we just get generic cannibal group that every post-apoc piece of fiction has.

2 people hunting and scavenging is a lot easier then feeding an entire quarantined city. and even then they had some trouble getting food in the winter levels

Linear doesn't have to be bad, i never felt forced playing it. Same with valve games, they manage to build linear maps without it feeling like you are being choked.

thoughts?

Ellie manages to feed and keep herself and a dying Joel alive during winter all on her own. I'm not saying starvation wouldn't be a thing in the universe but the game doesn't convey it to you.

People can still farm. It's not like the Road where food is a limited resource and there will never be anymore ever made.

I don't think they had to be decent, but if the game wanted all enemies to be realistic then they would have to have some justifications. Every evil group believes they are doing what is right in some sense, but david was just a pointless raping cannibal.

If only it also played well. Overall its an okay game, but there are so may ai and control issues that I cant say I like it. Also there are fucking sections that introduce enemies that behave differently without warning the player, or ever telling you about that enemy type. There are sections in which enemies are already aggroed but appear to not be. There are sections that will spawn enemies forever until you get caught, no stealth allowed. The enemies also see you from weird angles and are all instantly alarmed once one of them spots you, even if you kill him before he has a chance to act or say anything

>one year after the ending of the first game
>joel and ellie have more or less become part of the community
>joel is part of the security/hunter party that keeps the town safe with tommy
>ellie is a counselor of sorts for new comers, especially other kids
>both still suffer secretly with PTSD after the events of the first (Tess, Henry and sam, david)
>a new militaristic leader takes over the fireflies after marlene
>he is much more ruthless and determined then marlene to find ellie
>plot twist, there are others who are immune like ellie
>secondary story: flashbacks where you play as ellie's mom 14 years before the events of the first game during the collapse of the world

This is the game that is the singularity of "failed directors try to make a video game"

The plot literally had me in tears several minutes in (from laughter)

Here.

I hate it because it ushered in the current wave of cinematic bullshit that seems to be in the majority of AAA games now.

Druckmann is a proper Anita shill.

The Left Behind DLC literally revolved around the fact that Ellie was a lesbian who kisses some black bitch.

And she has a feminist about halfway through the main game.

Is that mess genuinely the story?

> PTSD
> Counselling
> Evil white male takes over fireflies

david justifies it all by keeping his community alive, and pleasuring himself while doing it with a hint of being a religious nut
it is a pretty generic cannibal group story but they tried to spice it up a bit. Besides, at this point they already established humans are just as dangerous if not more

Not even being contrarian but I really don't see how this game can give anyone feels. It's very very veryyyyyy predictable.

I mean the gameplay is pretty good and the soundtrack is awesome but I'm not sure why everyone deepthroats this game because muh feels

It didn't "usher it in" but it certainly cemented the trend

Also i dont see how anyone can praise the story. If you read a collectible in the last level it explains how the "lie" about the other people like her that joel gave was actually true

>Cannibals don't really make much sense when food scarcity is not a thing.
How it's not a thing?
There are infected and spores everywhere so you can't just run around freely, you're always in danger.
Growing food means not only taking care of the crops in low tech conditions (shit's really hard when you need to do most work by hand) but also maintaining a largish fenced off area and protecting it constantly from infected and other humans.

I played through the remastered to the point where you have to push a truck down a hill to get it started. I gave up when I was exploring the bushes for shit like ammo and I literally saw a zombie elevator it's way up from the ground in a static t pose then crouched down and started to crawl around to come after me.

Not to mention the majority of the game I was able to skip by running til I hit a check point. Dying. Then running to the next checkpoint.

The game is so poorly designed due to the cinematic nature that anyone who has played a video game before the ps2 era will easily unravel all the flaws.

That was the twist of TLOU though dumbass

This.

is that mess genuinely a reply?

>muh white male victimized
>muh no character progression

PTSD would be mass present in the world they live in counseling would be pretty necessary.
>evil white male
now you're just trying too hard, if Joel, Ellie and their entire settlement were black then you would have a point, this way its ridiculous

> Quits after one glitch

You are one fun guy

>Not to mention the majority of the game I was able to skip by running til I hit a check point. Dying
I did the same in Oblivion, and you can do that in a lot of soulsborne games areas.
Shit's much more common than you imply and remedy is often awkward 'demonic presence detected, lockdown initiated' or DMC version where just magic barrier appears till you clear the room.

>borrow game from friend
>play through the first segment in the house as Sara
>that fucking dialogue
>"ha dad I am love you and i give you gift for being best dad ever ever"
>"i love you saro and i hope you dont die in a zombie outbreak oh jeez look at the news and the newspaper and the tv and the phone geee whiz something sure is spooky"
>I'm supposed to care when she dies like 1 minute later when you don't even get into her character at all
>eject disk

>others who are immune
That's not a twist. Ellie wasn't the only immune. They had tried with other immune people but all their experiments failed, and the subjects had died.

Ellie was just another sample they could have tried, which may not have even worked.

>retards like this are trying to make 'professional critique' on Cred Forums or Cred Forums

Please, it's just overrated. If it was on PC it wouldn't matter and eventually it will be because emulation.

Joel wouldn't have PTSD from the any of the events of the game, he already lost his daughter then went on a path of being a bandit. The fact that henry and sam died wouldn't really feature.

Anyone here still on ps3's psn and got time right now?

>lot of soulsborne games areas
But the average player, or a first time one will be stomped by the boss without leveling or picking up equipment. Bosses serve as progress blockers, if you can beat them then you are ready for the next area, At least that's how it should be.

And this is why people who claim Joel made the wrong mistake or lied at the end are full of shit.

I thought autism was mostly thrown around like default insult here but it looks like there really are anons suffering from it.
You're not supposed to care besides basic understanding that it would really hurt a father to lose his only child.
That was the backstory that allows you to understand why he reacts to things the way he does 20 years later.

>implying it was a glitch
>implying that's the only thing that bugged me

Honestly the biggest issue with it isn't that you can do it. But that there is no penalty for doing it whether game designed or desire designed. With Souls games at least there is a desire to go back and get treasure or kill that hard thing that was in your way before. There is literally nothing to find or do in the Last of Us. It's so scripted and predictable. Hell Doom 3 was more dynamic a game and that was monster closet the game.

Here's another example that bugged me. The black girl gets injured while we were being chased. She told me to run. But I stood there. For like 15 minutes waiting for the door to break down, but it wasn't until I went through the next room that the door broke and you could hear her get killed. So I waited again and they STILL didn't come after me til I was out of the house. That was a total immersion breaking experience for me. When the threat is not a threat at all, what's the point of even giving me control in that situation? I would have preferred that entire section to take control from me and make it a cutscene if they were just going to do that.

>Watched
Just fuck off.

>or picking up equipment.
Suicide recon is normal thing a lot of people use.
You spend your souls, you sprint into new area, grab everything and either bone out or just die. it's not like you lose something when you're not loaded with souls.

Shit game, mediocre zombieshit FPS at best, cinematic shitshow at worst. Has nothing to do with what platform it's on, it would be disappointing anyway.

>Please, it's just overrated.

It's the perfect cinematic game though. You can dislike the genre if you want, but as far as cinematic games goes, it does everything right. Just compare it to drivel like RE6 and RotTR.

>hurr the opening half hour is totally pointless and unemotional on purpose
>its just BACKSTORY
>you couldn't just have mentioned it
>why dont you feel bad for bland cardboard cutout 45 falling over?????!

I give this post a (you)

out of 10

What's the problem? Not like the game gives you any option to play it.

>There is literally nothing to find or do in the Last of Us.
Now you're just outright lying.
The resource scarcity really makes your life hard and if you run through everything instead of stealthily dispatching infected so you can rummage through sheds and craft another molotov or shiv you're making things even harder for yourself.

Joel is basically a sociopath but Tess dying obviously fucked him up. Ellie would be the one to suffer because Sam and Henry. Also Joel could have become softer and more unhinged now that he takes care of Ellie so their death could affect him because he allowed Ellie to see it

>retard language
>missing the point
You're not even trying anymore.

He said he quit after pushing the truck down the hill, so he didn't actually run into any hard part of the game yet.
Plus, he's using red letter media as his images, so he's clearly trolling or just shit at video games.

>zombieshit FPS
>FPS
Wannabe troll retards don't even spend a minute to watch a Let's play anymore so they don't embarrass themselves like this.

No fuck you. 80% of the exploration when I was playing was walking down a dead end and finding nothing. All the resources are generously placed on the desired path the designers intended you to go on. There is literally no room for exploration or invention.

There were like maybe 5 or so pockets of loot that were kind of sorta hidden away if you just turned the camera behind yourself. But there are tons of other areas that have paths that lead to nothing, for the sake of making you feel like you're exploring.

>All the resources are generously placed on the desired path the designers intended you to go on.
Just stop. Don't dig deeper.

It's not a bad story for a game but it's nowhere near perfect.

Suicide runs are still exploring the area at least somewhat. TLOU and Uncharted both have zones you can skip out entirely where it is obvious the devs didn't have that in mind

>resource scarcity

Enemies drop ammo for your weapons when you run out, meaning you can easily gun you way through the game without caring about ammo, even on the hardest difficulty.

>spergs out over a typo because he's a fanboy for a shit game

How is it not a perfect cinematic game?

I'm sorry if I'm critically tearing apart your game and you have zero arguments to counter with.
Pic related. You.

The story is nothing special, probably appeals to dads and the kind of people who still think Hollywood movies are good

Because it falls short towards the ending.
>Guys, this cure is totally going to work!
>listen to audiotapes for any kind of narration
They would have been overrun either way and the whole cure thing wasn't important because everyone was already fucked.

Post >yfw all the fags that like this game are also the same fags that thought Bioshock Infinite was good

>They would have been overrun either way
by whom?
>the whole cure thing wasn't important because everyone was already fucked.
There is and never was going to be a cure. The infected and turned are presumed dead. The vaccine they were trying to develop was intended to prevent new infections. This way, they could slowly but surely get rid of the infected.

>only boss is a random guy with no special equipment
>random guy is tougher than 20 adult men for no reason and a complete sick fuck
>in a game thats full of mutants

David broke the game for me, hes so pointlessly evil and seems to have countless families with children following him. Its complete nonsense that they would follow a cannibalistic pedo-rapist who doesnt even offer much benefit to the group, they have more than enough adult men.

>by whom?
At that point, anyone. Joel fucked them up.It's how it's presented in the game. To me the ending isn't interesting while the rest of the game was fun.

>mfw the hotel basement level
People who claim this game had no gameplay, or is """cinematic""" obviously have never wandered that basement with no ammo, barely any health, not knowing where the exit is.

>This way, they could slowly but surely get rid of the infected.

They already were on the way to do that, pretty much everyone lives in safe zones and the mutants would die at some point.

>Boss fights in a game aiming for realism.

>Its complete nonsense
>not getting the obvious reference

Once you know where the door and the keycard are, you can be over with that section in 20-30 seconds

They literally had the option to make any kind of human / animal / whatever mutant monster as boss - and the only thing they could come up with is a random guy thats magically a hundred times tougher than any other guy you will meet.
Its a boring boss design and just destroys the atmosphere.

>a random guy thats magically a hundred times tougher than any other guy you will meet.

>survives a few stab wounds
>magically a hundred times tougher

2/10 b8

>army of at least 50 guys try to kill Ellie
>all get fucked up by her and die without much effort on her part
>single guy tries to kill Ellie
>can take a bunch of hits without giving a shit
>has the possibility to kill her but decides to dick around instead and give the "Im the dumb bad guy who gives a speech instead of killing my helpless opponent routine"

>"Im the dumb bad guy who gives a speech instead of killing my helpless opponent routine"
He was actually trying to rape her at that point, also he was infected moments earlier so he was pissed

First time playing this game, going in blind, was a real challenge.

>army of at least 50 guys try to kill Ellie
>ellie has her weapons and gear

>single guy tries to kill Ellie
>ellie only has a small kitchen knife

Hmm, I wonder.

>has the possibility to kill her
>implying he wants to kill Ellie

>ellie has her weapons and gear
>implying we all didnt kill the army with the kitchen knife backstab

Go rewatch her kill animations of normal soldiers and her stabs against david. She takes at least 3 stabs to kill normal enemies, while she only stabs David once with each attack, after which David immediately swings back with his machette and Ellie dodges this. David is not more resilient than other enemies. He's just more threatening in close combat.

I really love this game actually. It must be played on survivor or grounded to get the most out the stealth game play though. Overall it feels like a better survival horror game than recent REs. I do agree it got overrated by the gaming press, just because it pulled off a halfway decent story that would be shit/cliche in any other medium.

Ish spin-off when?

>pretty good gameplay

man with 25+ years of gun expererieriemce still handles them like he has Parkinson's
LADDERS
PALLETS
PRESS X FOR EAGLE VISION

Wasting your time, m8, I don't think the general audience here will get it.

>he used listening mode
Typical Cred Forums pleb