Indiana Jones

Think we'll ever see an India Jones game with the style of Uncharted, but more puzzle solving and whip action and less gun fights?

You mean Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, available DRM free on gog.comâ„¢?

>Think we'll ever see an India Jones game
No, Disney dropped out of video games.

The gunfights are the best part of uncharted though. Everyone likes to complain about the parts that aren't gunfights

They shouldn't. People would eat up an Indy game or a Marvel game
Also what about the new Star Wars and Spiderman games that are coming out?

We already have the perfect Indy game, The Fate of Atlantis.

The gunfights are fine in Uncharted, wouldn't fit as well in Indiana Jones though, imo.

Isn't that a gorillion years old? I want a new fresh game.

Disney are completely shitting the bed with all the rights they have. And then they give Star Wars to a defunct company like EA.

La Mulana's pretty good, but that's a sidescroller.

I agree though, having some ruins to go dick around in and solve puzzles in a 3d environment would be fun.

Uncharted is way too linear, old Tomb Raiders are closer to Indiana Jones.

Tbh, with the way the Indiana Jones movie play out I think a linear experience might be for the better actually. People will hang me for this, but I really think Uncharted's cinematic experience fits Indiana Jones in a game setting really well.

>Isn't that a gorillion years old? I want a new fresh game.
Why? So a company like EA can rape it?
I'll never get this obsession of getting a new thing at all costs. Is there a good game already? Just fucking play it. If you can't handle a old game, then you shouldn't play videogames to begin with.

>the perfect Indiana Jones game of your dreams gets made
>but it's actually a pic related game
What would you do, Cred Forums?

>with the style of Uncharted
>cinematic linearity

fucking NO THANKS.

I remember hearing about an Indy game back when the PS3 was on the way and Assassin's Creed was the next big thing in the pipeline. What happened to it?

Also remember playing another one on the PS2, rented it years ago.

puzzles are way too video gamey now. besides whoever made it would just go full dan brown with the plot and it be worse than crystal skull.

Crystal skull was fine. Only part I didnt like was his son swinging with the monkeys.

and what if he's already played it? He can't want something more / new?

Fuck NO. This is another thing I don't get. You already got the game you wanted. move on to something else, for Christ's sake.

but indiana jones is a fucking movie franchise

What would you have it be, open world? Procedurally generated?

Idiot, Uncharted is a movie franchise too.

yeah i remember reading about that too, this is the same screenshot that was used some magazine i had.

I disagree with the linearity. When you look at the movies overall, you see how quite a good deal of the movies are a solid mix of action and calm, punching things or talking some bullshit. Indy can handle things in a variety of ways, even one situation could have gone all sorts of ways, even if most of the time his attempt at diplomacy gets fucked up and he has to start fighting his way out. Indy does a good bit of negotiating with people, including bad guys.

Jones is varied in how he can handle things, a linear action experience like Uncharted or Tomb Raider (where it's shooting 60% of the time, pointless obvious one-route climbing/jumping sections 30% of the time, and then a locked room puzzle the other 10%) would fail to capture the balance of downtime and more subtle points the Indy movies had. Those games also have the issue of the player characters being superhuman warriors; Indy was always a very grounded dude when it came to physical feats.

Fate of Atlantis is the quintessential Indy game for two reasons.
First, it captures the less action-y side and gets a good balance because of the Point&Click Adventure Game style of play.
Second and most important, it had branching paths. Three big branches each with a different focus on play style and then a series of smaller branches near the end depending on how you did things.

I'd think an Indy game would be more in its element with a Deus Ex style.

Listen I loved Fate of Atlantis as a kid too, but you're a pathetic Luddite. There is nothing wrong with making new games

Try The Infernal Machine

>I'd think an Indy game would be more in its element with a Deus Ex style.
literally how? You could never have sequences as action packed as, for example, the mine-cart scene from Temple of Doom if the game plays like Deus Ex.

The mine-cart chase would be like an example of one of the "action setpieces" that Cred Forums for some reason hates seeing in games. The rope bridge part would be another; the boulder chase from Raiders another; and the motorcycle chase from Last Crusade one more.

>What would you have it be

an actual game

It got semi-completed and "released" as Staff of Kings for the Wii.

>Try Indiana Jones: Totally Not Ripping Off Tomb Raider Edition

how is a linear game not a game? Looking cinematic has nothing to do with it, especially if it has combat

Makes me think of that one Jason Bourne game that Starbreeze was making before Riddick: Dark Athena, but after The Darkness.

Then it was cancelled as like half their talent left the studio

why is it such a big deal if one game competently copies gameplay elements from another? I mean if you thought the gameplay was fun in the original game, the only thing stopping it from being fun in the copycat game is you. People even complain about it in sequels, where the devs lose if they change the formula, and they lose if they keep it too much the same.

A good Indiana Jones game should be something like Tomb Raider or Uncharted but way less linear, with more adventuring, so more talking to locals, exploring, solving puzzles, with combat only taking up maybe 60% of the game or so.

Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb.

Check it out, it's actually a pretty good game.

>a linear action experience like Uncharted or Tomb Raider (where it's shooting 60% of the time, pointless obvious one-route climbing/jumping sections 30% of the time, and then a locked room puzzle the other 10%) would fail to capture the balance of downtime and more subtle points the Indy movies had.

Well then...

Its the difference between uncharted 4 car chase and halo CE/3 ending. They are both high speed races against time but uncharted locks the player in so many small setpieces with context sensitive animations that in the and all the player did was push forward and watch Nathan do cool shit with no player input.

I just find it funny is all. That Tomb Raider copied Indiana Jones who then for that game copied Tomb Raider.
The modern "Tomb Raider"s are only Tomb Raiders in name only, and they are they good.

>in the and all the player did was push forward and watch Nathan do cool shit with no player input.
Using the sticks and buttons to control the actions of the player character is the definition of control / player-input

>context sensitive animations
so? There is literally nothing wrong with context sensitive animations, and they have been in games for ages. You still have to be able to put yourself in the right context to get the one you want

>They are both high speed races against time
No they're not. There is no time limit in UC4

>tfw my dad bought a PC version of it for me when I was 3-4 (around 1999-2000)
>tfw my 3-4 year old self 100%ed it
>tfw old CDs lost, have the actual game shit burned onto 2 other CDs
>tfw still have them, but they only work on 32-bit comps
>tfw laptop is 64-bit
>tfw have to find a roundabout way like emulation to play it again, and re-experience nostalgia
Glad emulation exists, but still.