Hey, Cred Forums, is Stellaris actually good game and worth buying?

Hey, Cred Forums, is Stellaris actually good game and worth buying?

I have option right now to buy it for reduced price, but Im not sure about it. I mean, I never got "deep" into Europa Universalis and "grand strategy" in general.

Thanks for replies!

No, it's mediocre and missing important mandatory 4X features. Ask again in a 1-2 years to find out if DLCs have fixed it.

Ah, good. But I thought it was grand strategy instead of 4x?

Anybody else?

Its one of the best 4X games out there. Its not a GSG. A lot of the game is designing your faction and using its traits to get ahead of other factions.

Its getting frequent, big updates and another one is about to drop along with an expansion which is focusing on diplomacy which was the weakest point of the game.

as with any paradox game don't go near it until all the dlc is out

It's not tedious like EU, it's probably a little more advanced than a Civ game. I've been having a lot of fun with it, though I'm taking a break until the new DLC.

If you're into 4x games, you'll find it to be pretty mediocre and generic. If you're new to 4x games, you'll probably like it but there are many games that do it better.

Compared to CK2 and even EU4 it's kind of barebones, but it also has a more robust combat system than either. It's pretty easy to get into and has quite a bit of nice flavor stuff and play styles. The new patch is overhauling combat and implementing community ideas which is neat.

It's ok.

Wont lie i expect more, but it's a good game not great...Good.

Also mods are mandatory like every paracuck game.

So, you wouldnt recommend to get it for like 20 EUR?

Good price, get it

It's definitely worth 20, probably no more than 30 at the moment.

Absolutely worth it for that price

I wouldn't pay more than $5 bucks for it, especially since DLC is going to amount to hundreds of dollars

>not pirating and loading the DLC into a legit copy
Pleb

Is that easy to do? Sounds complicated

Take a look at this faggot.

So does that just work for steam? Throw the files in and blamo, no weird authentications or anything?

No

jsut pirate it and see for yourself
what the fuck

>download DLC
>drop into DLC folder
Except the only DLC out right now is plants portraits/ships. But this works for all Paradox games.

It follows the same trend that most games do nowadays, it beeing strategy game after all, it does take a
bit of time to get the hang of it (learning to play), it usually takes first of even second playtrough to grasp
the concepts. But after about ~4 hours you will start noticing that the game is lacking so much, from
stupid (and I mean STUPID) AI, very simple diplomacy, deathstack battles (if you win the first battle you
won the "war"), exploration that is exactly the same EVERY time you play (once you pass trough most
of the content once, every next time it's going to feel/be the same) and technology with it's interesting,
but ulimately simple and non logical system og research. There is nothing grand about this game.

I would recommend you to pirate it, play it for a while, and if you like it, wait a year or so (for DLCs) and buy it on sale.
Same thing with every other paradox strategy game.

There is a kernel of a good game in Stellaris, but it has a lot of problems. Some government ethics makes 'winning' impossible (and there is no way to change ethics mid-game). The late game often ends up deadlocked due to the AI's all joining massive federations, so that attacking anyone becomes unfeasible because then their federation allies all zerg rush you. The only victory conditions are domination and conquest so the game ends up in this stagnant eternal standoff where the only winning move is not to play.

Stellaris has a lot of problems but literally nothing you said is true. You can win with any government type, you can change ethics and its literally impossible to lose in the long run since even federations fight in piecemeal.

Please get good.

>and there is no way to change ethics mid-game
Yes there is, you can breed better pops.

not him but pacifist ethos exists only for masochists

You can still easily win with it, war penalties are a joke.

Plus they are just about to release a diplomatic victory condition anyway.

>You can win with any government type
Pacifists can only declare liberation wars.

>you can change ethics
No. Pops can change ethics. Government ethics can only be changed through in game events which may or may not trigger at random.

>even federations fight in piecemeal.
Lol no. Declare on some faggot consisting of a 7 empire federation and your info popups will be swarmed with "Station attacked", "Hostiles engaged" etc. all over your empire.

>Pacifists can only declare liberation wars.
Which is why you join as a vassal and win that way moron.

>No. Pops can change ethics
Which you can breed to get the ethics you want.

>Lol no. Declare on some faggot consisting of a 7 empire federation and your info popups will be swarmed with "Station attacked", "Hostiles engaged" etc. all over your empire.
Jesus Christ do you even play? The biggest complaint right now is that federations DONT fight together, if you declare war on 1 absolutely none of the others will even bother to send anything to fight you.

I dont think you've even played Stellaris, post proof.

proof

>Lol no. Declare on some faggot consisting of a 7 empire federation and your info popups will be swarmed with "Station attacked", "Hostiles engaged" etc. all over your empire.
Literally never happens. The AI doesnt cooperate like that.

>one faction with wormhole tech attacks multiple points
>OMG LOOK FEDS EVERYWHERE
Nice try. Glad you ousted yourself as a moron.

it's a standard paradox game in that it won't be good until another year or two when they've added enough content to make it worth playing.

You ""buy"" Paradox's games 2~3 years after release when they are finally complete

Worth it.

Yep, absolutely.

>100+ naval capacity free
>no defensive stations
>letting your diplo get maxed
>not using all strat resources
>having one main fleet and nothing else
Oh look. Cred Forumstard cant play video games.

Please stick to your weeb threads.

different factions

I got it when it came out but I couldn't stand how the win conditions were either colonize everything or kill everything.
In the end there's not enough space to win without fucking with the other civs. Put that on top of the shitty sectoring system and the game got boring after two full playthroughs.

>100+ naval capacity free

They destroyed a lot of my fleets which freed up capacity

>no defensive stations

I used a few but it's really expensive to maintain, as is having my fleets moving around instead of sitting in a crew module station

>>letting your diplo get maxed

You mean influence points? I usually spend it continually with edicts, but there's been so much going on I didn't pay attention to it for a bit

>not using all strat resources

The station modules makes it so I have to build certain ship types at certain stations to get the most benefit, which is just too much of an asspain. Just recruiting armies at worlds with military academys and holo battle arenas is bad enough.

>>having one main fleet and nothing else

the others got rekt by the feds

defensive stations are useless

Stellaris could've been the greatest 4x space strategy game of all time if the combat weren't so mindlessly simple and boring and the game itself wasn't lacking in content especially in the mid-game phase.

I still enjoyed it a lot, but like i said my major gripe is the combat and i can't see them releasing a DLC or patch that overhauls the entire combat system.

Mid-endgame stagnation and crappy combat are kinda worry.