Legion is not a good expansion

Legion is not a good expansion.

Re-skinned content
Dumbed down class mechanics, vanilla wow had hybrids.
Artifact power system makes having alts or trying to catch up to raid time based instead of skill based, time walls are included to ensure people have to pay that monthly fee.

Class mechanics offer little diversity, tanks function the same, dps function the same, utility spells are gone, remember mind control?

PvP servers still imbalanced horde has superior numbers advantage, ungeared 110 has no chance at all vs a geared 110 in world pvp.

WoW trying to play the game and get geared feels like a full time job, the content is the same, raids are just re-hashed mechanics.

the entire thing is just grindy but offers no cool guild pvp.

"best xpac"

yeah ok if the only game you ever want to play is wow because it takes all of your time forever.

I agree

>he hasn't cleared HC Xavius on first week

Looser. LOOOOOSEEER.

>he is still paying for a job

>Artifact power system makes having alts or trying to catch up to raid time based
this literally only matters if you're in the bleeding edge race

protip: you're nowhere close

Congrats user! Have you gotten laid a lot with that achievement of yours? :^)

Didn't think so.

>people still play wow

you people and your ability to ignore the fact that you should have quit this cancer a long time ago is amazing

>expansion has lots of content
>most shit is hidden behind timegates

I actually agree. I have only logged on the last few nights for about 3mins each night.
It already feels like a job to log in and I just get sick and log out.

Besides I don't feel like joining a raiding guild anyways, the idea of guild applications, raid schedules , etc feels even more like a job. And pugs are cancerous as fuck.

I think I'll just admit I fell for the WoW meme again and let my game time lapse again. The game just isn't for me anymore.

are you proud of AotC on a raid that's easiest than highmaul?

Artifact weapons diminished this game excessively.
Every last person who wanted this deserves death-by-AP-farming.
No real loot, no weapons, no new looks, nothing drops you are either awarded or not, no rolling, no need or greed, you just walk through the +iLevel Dispensary with 4 to 24 other dead-inside husks

The game never felt more like a facebook toy.
The companion app demonstrates all this perfectly.
It is entire without thought, or gameplay, or anything, just click and X hours later you get +points
Getting those "free" points is far too good to pass up when it is this easy to get - but the "usage" of class hall is absolutely so shit that nobody in their right mind wants to do it. So you either feel bad about doing it, because its boring and annoying and shit - or feel bad because you are missing out on the easy points.

Give the game developer a job to make a task for you that is not fun at all but feels like it must be done constantly.

Give me some good alternative and i'll quit right away.

Only real downside is that there are no weapon drops.
Everything else really is a non issue if you don't have autism.

>Everything else really is a non issue if you don't have autism.

Its the opposite, you have severe autism or are a delusional failure.

>vanilla had hybrids
You mean the hybrid classes that were near worthless? Hybrids sucked in vanilla

nostalri-
oh wait haha

Runescape 4 lyfe

I asked for a good alternative.

If i wanted to grind myself to death i would be playing warframe

>name anything
>call it shit no matter what
Not this time senpai

Im actually open minded, but i also have some standards. Getting somewhat tired of playing wow all the time, but it gives me what i want.
>inb4 memers call me minigamer
Decent pvp and an openworld.

but it was

i genuinely enjoyed nostalrius, put hundreds of hours into it and don't regret a single one
great fun

gameplay was much more rich
you had to communicate with people
fighting mobs was actually challenging
it was immersive
you had to explore and walk around everywhere
pvp was enjoyable
i actually cared about my gear and my gold and professions and shit

meanwhile i put like 24 hours in legion, i didn't like it
is right, it feels like you press a button, wait, get some kind of points, AND THAT'S IT
exactly like clash of clans or something, i'm surprised they don't sell AP/resources for real money yet

it's a very cheap hook and frankly it doesn't fulfill my addiction at all

Agreed, had the exact same experience. I raided heavily during BC, but I just don't care anymore. Sub lapsed last week, I have no motivation to keep up with the gear treadmill anymore. I don't care about meeting some idiot raid leaders' ilvl and achievement requirement. I'm not going to fake achievements just to get into some horrible pug raid that can't down normal. I'm not going to carve out hours of my weeknights to raid regularly. I think I might finally be done with WoW.

Assassin, Outlaw or Sub for Mythic +?

Its the same grind as before in post TBC expansions, its just made WAAAY more transparent to be a simple carrot-on-a-stick.
Its not even about what happens - but what it feels like.

Kill a boss, a loot drops, and your team chooses Greed/Need, you see 5 rolls and you lucked out with that 98 over his 97, get to loot your shit and you get to be happy about it.

Kill a boss, random piece of loot is delivered into random person's bag.

What a thrill isn't it? The same thing happened in both scenarios, except it was hidden from player eyes in the second one so they don't get confused - as long as the carrot is there, the donkeys should keep going, no?

Time gated content is the fucking worst. Every expansion there's more of it, and the garrison style missions in your class hall are pure unfiltered cancer. The game doesn't need to be padded with time gates that are over a day long, blizzard just has to give a damn about what they're shitting out for once.

>spam shadow bolt
>spam sunder armor macro'd to hstrike
>"rich"

The difference is that to get even a medium-tier pieces of gear i usually went through some hard work, long travel, finding people, dying a lot, chatting with my group, and so on
and when i finally got something good i was fucking glad about it,, not because of the carrot but just because i enjoyed the running

It felt like going on a actual adventure. This is important, it was always the point of this game, for me

Now instead you tag something from the menus, you spam your shit, don't talk, you are done in 15 minutes and showered with rewards
Just no, this is boring and awful

(You already regard the game as carrots and sticks so you're probably too cynical to find this sort of simple enjoyment anymore, but i swear it would be possible if modern wow wasn't so awful)

I'm not even planning on raiding with a guild

If I have the time I pug normals and I do mythic + with friends when we all have the time

It kinda reminds me of wrath

Can someone hook me up with Vengeance DH stat prios for raid tanking after the hotfix?

psssht
u gonna make all the BC babbies angry again

>Vengeance tanking
J U S T

I WAS doing fine in mythic+, but I don't know after the hotfix

source please

>Join guild as only Cloth user
>They are happy that I joined since they are mostly Plate and Leather users
>Become one of the top guildies in only a week because cooking, Lockrocks and having tanked one of the bosses at 2% when the tanks dropped

Feels good, I just wish half the guild wasn't into Engineering since I loved my Goblin Engie Warlock and I don't want to give it up for Alchemy despite how more useful it would be

Legion is shit, who new?

You new.

minus8

literally any other game,there is more than mmo's on offer, try something different

That does not help at all. I have swam trough many games. Some were good, some were bad. But no game i've played has given me what im looking for or had some major flaw that had me quit.

My biggest problem with Legion is CRZ, was standing next to a guilde yesterday in Dalaran , but couldn't see him because of crz.

>Started fresh after not playing since early Wrath
>Try some dungeons
>Everyone's in that heirloom shit
I felt useless.

>alts
AP gain will scale as new content is released so getting a new class up will take no time at all
>getting gear takes a long time
lol

FFXIV is better but admitting this will cause a shitstorm so you can ignore my post anyway.

artist name?

Its not a question of "regarding" it as such, it is a carrot on a stick, objectively.
But the sum of the parts is often not the same as the whole thing.
As I said, its not about what happens, but in what manner.
What you call an adventure is only possibly because the devs have to hide the workings of the game from you.
When everything is different and looks randomly put together (like classic WoW) its hard to see the clear outline underneath.

If you loot 100 items and all 100 were useful to you, none of it feels special at all, but if half of it is worthless shit then you felt like you "found" something useful.

Its about deception - but the good kind.
When you strip all extras away, when you take out the worthless seeming stuff, when you narrow the 5 corridors into one, when you remove 15 random-seeming weapons and translate them into tiny incremental updates into the same weapon, you take out the deception, its no longer a world full of random shit that you have to make the best of - you just see it for what it is underneath, a hamster wheel for you.

This applies to WTLK+ onwards, it just reached entirely new depths in the last two expansions.
They don't even try to pretend its the world of warcraft, they know its the hamsterwheel of warcraft, and they don't even care that you know it now - even though it is clearly driving people away by the droves.

Such is life in business, these "developers" don't care about the product, don't even care about the long term, they are at the end of their cycle and now just want to take their money out and home, before it all burns up.

ff14 is WoW ver 0.5

A gay autist who deletes his accounts every couple of months and constantly cries about his various mental illnesses.

So woW is bad because it follows the mechanics of an RPG. Let's just give everyone everything when they first log in so that no one can complain about grinding and randomness.

You clearly have reading comprehension issues and I'm not going to be the poor fuck who tries to educate you despite your obvious handicap.

You're whining about how transparent the game is because of how you get loot. Get rid of that transparency completely and there's no more problem, no one can complain about the RNG anymore and everyone is equal.

Again, reading comprehension issues.

You were clearly labeling how you get loot as a "carrot on a stick tricking donkeys to keep working". Or did I quote the wrong user?

>did all the world quest
>did all the garrison missions
>did all available nightfallen quests
>still have shitload of rep to grind

what the fuck do I do? There is literally nothing to fucking do for me at this moment. I am 835 and mysthics ask for 845+. All I can do is do BGs and wait for world quest with gear to pop up

I wouldn't call it labeling, it is what it is as far as PvE is concerned. You seem to fail to grasp the point made in the entire text though, but atleast you got the first line.

>vanilla wow had hybrids
It TECHNICALLY did, as for mechanically, no.
But being technically right is the best kind of right.

I tried FFXIV and I honestly want to like it. But I just can't. The game just feels off and is incredibly boring.

The only thing it has going is the story but that's all.

It's hard to follow all of the screaming about how horrible every single aspect of WoW is and for what reasons, since fifty people can hate the same thing for fifty completely different reasons.

Not trying to be a blizzard shill here, but I'm enjoying it. I only play for a few hours a night because of gym, work, and girlfriend, & maybe that's why it feels like there is a ton of content. I haven't had this much fun in WoW since Wrath.

I mean, I'm probably a piece of shit who enjoys the grind. But hey, to each their own.

What's her endgame?

GW2

The story itself is what turned me off of it. FFXI had a story too, but you weren't forced to go through it entirely in order to get access to endgame stuff.

How the fuck can you have nothing to do. Having to do every WQ, grind mats for pots, food, and flasks.

Running all of your Mythics.

Running as many Mythic+ dungeons as you can on top of raids.

You have no idea how busy it gets, there are times where my 8+ hours a day of grinding don't feel like enough.

There are so many more things you can do before doing Mythics and there are groups where your 835 ilvl is perfectly fine and people will accept you.

Stop shitposting and go play the grindiest expansion to ever release.

>screaming

Thats an interesting way you interpret text.

This shit right here pisses me off. He doesn't look what he's suppose to be. He doesn't look undead anymore which he is.

He looks as undead as Sylvanas, what's the problem?

I'm letting my sub run out aswell, kinda hit a brick wall and artifact grinding doesn't satisfy me. Atleast I finally got a slutmog together that I actually like

Vanilla also had auto wand the raid boss known as onyxia, warriors only using sundering armor and battle cry because those were the two strongest aggro gains better then any other tool period, druids were broken unless they got atiesh which was a 0.002% population that actually completed it during relevance, warlocks couldn't go to raids for the first half of raids because dot limits were 8 until ZG when they got raised to 14 and even then warlocks were pretty much fucked into a demo build that was less fun and less damage by a wide margin.

Vanilla had no mechanics to speak of is the point really, despite what you remember most people only pressed two buttons three at most during the highest level of content.

In modern day WoW you actually have a 4-9 button rotation on just about every class now.
The cut back on utility despite it wasn't the best choice obviously showed that no one gave a shit ultimately otherwise they would have brought it back oh wait they did in the form of honor talents and artifact weapons. People wanted their vanilla trees back got them and then realized getting 1% health on a connecting talent point is bullshit.

Pull the nostalgia goggles off user, you're delusional to believe Vanilla and BC was any good, you were young and everything looks better in the past when you're a loser who has nothing today.

Why do belves bother with mogging?
You are too small to be noticable but not small enough to stand out from being small.

I always laugh at plate belves, its like some metal clippings walking around

But he's not suppose to. He's suppose to look like all the other undead humans. He's suppose to look like this. Also where are his awesome blight hounds?

I like it

>stormheim was just 2 humans being upset at eachother because undeads looking like undeads is unheard of and worgen absolutely had to be humans

/thread

Because Belves are total hotness.

one thing I like to do is go to darkshire and rape newbies over and over with my horde feral druid until some 110 alliance comes on and fights me.

Would anything happen to me if I did this over and over every day? Darkshire would be a dead zone for anyone who dares to enter. Even if there's a few players guarding the place I can just stealth and one hit people with starfall so it doesn't matter.

Would GMs get involved? Has this ever happened?

>Hardgay plays WoW

Kill guard thomas instead like that one guy did on nostalrius for weeks on end. Better yet kill the investigation team at the start of Westfall. So many CRZ people come through westfall early now and that's the quest npc that leads them into the zone.

Blizzard really needs to update the Skyfire Greaves leggings and add some color/pattern variations. At least we can hide the Waist slot in patch 7.1

He can get laid in the future, nobody will ever be able to clear HC Xavius on first week again

>At least we can hide the Waist slot in patch 7.1
holy shit really?

Yep.

Great game, would recommend

When someone says there isn't anything to do, what they mean is there isn't anything they want to do.

tried it, dropped it after 20 boring levels.

And when you ask them what is it they want to do they get all passive-aggressive with "Well since you're a Blizzard employee then I'm not telling you unless this that the other thing".

No shit. Half the people that come into these threads only do so to shitpost.

>this weeks mythic+ prefix

>vanilla ha...
Stopped reading right there. MMO's change, if you dont like it, fine. Fuck off and play your vanilla on private servers.

You must be on EU.

Yes. Necrotic and Enrage.
Its awful. Mobs start to do 30% more damage as you're stuck with 100% less healing taken debuffs.