Capcom has a rootkit in Street Fighter 5

>Capcom has a rootkit in Street Fighter 5
>Idiots from Cred Forums cheerfully install every piece of shovelware they can find on steam
If Capcom does it what makes you think that some rando memetrash game isn't riddled with malware? Are you a complete moron?

I have norton though.

You say "rando memetrash" like this isn't a AAA game.

>Indie game designers
>Knowing how to include a rootkit
>Knowing what a rootkit is
Kek

Reread his post

It wasn't a rootkit per se, it just opened up a backdoor to the kernal that someone could figure out how to exploit.

My point is that if you're so paranoid about an incident like this that it's going to put you off of all games completely, that's kinda silly if you like video games at all. Also, . Chances are, if an indie game is using Unity or UE4, the people making it are not even gonna know how to add in a major backdoor exploit, much less what it is. This is some Chinese hacker level bullshit where they install shit to System32 and let SF5 execute arbitrary OS-level (kernel) code. That is, it can do whatever it wants and step outside the bounds and limitations of a normal program, especially one not run in administrator mode.

>specifically built a PC this gen because both Bone and PS4 look bad
>still want to play SFV
>don't want to ruin new PC with viruses

You try to play by the rules and do it right and this is the reward you get. No wonder so many pirate.

This

I went full pirate when I realized that I could get a more stable game through piracy than I could through spending money on it.

Yeah man, surely if some indie game asks for admin rights to my PC I'll accept.

literally what a rootkit is

Apparently Combofiend got fired from his Associate Producer role. They're searching for a new one.

>follow your dreams!!
>fired from your dream job
That's gotta suck some dick.

>literally almost every indie game does that
you don't play many games do you

It got removed 4 hours later

If was fucking terrible but its already been fixed

stop trying to stir the pot because no one plays your dead anime games

He's still being listed as a Capcom employee on the blog, though.

>It got removed 4 hours later
By which you mean they stopped it being installed. It's most likely on a number of systems still. Also wasn't it like 24 hours later? Pretty ridiculous for a rollback.

>It got removed 4 hours later
Move along people, nothing to see here!

Just pretend like it never happened

>Forcibly installing malware is OK if you take it out of your game later
What did he mean by this?

So now that the game is working perfectly, what do you suggest I do?

Not play it?

Capcom already got my money you fucking morons.

Yes.
Also get a refund.

It's not even fun, possibly one of the worst SF games ever.

It took much longer than that, more like a day.

They didn't react at all until they got caught and people revolted. So shut the fuck up, you mindless fanboy.

>get a refund
I bought it through G2A, so that's not going to happen. Besides that, I have 200 hours in the game and think it's fun, so your subjective opinion means jack shit to me.

Not playing the game I already bought only hurts me, it has no effect on capcom

It does tho, it shows them that people aren't playing their buggy, lacking in basic features piece of shit game.

But you've just shown that after they put in the rootkit player numbers surged. Maybe they should use more.

You've got a really strange definition of surge

After the patch that added a new character and more content, numbers surged? How strange.

Glad I didn't install the new update when it happened but capcom did release an update already that rolled it back so I don't know why ppl keep making threads about it.

>They installed a virus on my computer but they removed it after they got caught, what's the problem they're the good guys why can't you see???

I didn't get the virus so I remain unaffected no matter how many memearrows you throw at me but I guess shitters like you need threads like this to shitpost on.

He deserved it 2bqh
They didn't want another Seth

And what was wrong with Seth, exactly?

>No unique IP
CIDF pls go

>Capcom installs rootkit to the systems of PC SFV players
>At the same time, punish the user base for using one round mods tying colors to that mode was retarded and playing characters before release
>no apology of wrong doing
>Still can't correct the core issues that have been surrounding the game since the fucking Betas

How can one company be so incompetent?

Let's look at his resume
>Vanilla SF4
>SFxT
>Play station all stars
>Rising Thunder

>CIDF

what?

Let's talk about the game and Urien, and how hard headbutt loop is to do.
It starts like CC charged s.HP, charged s.HP, walk 1 or 2 frames then immediatly charge down, m.headbutt, s.lp, m.headbutt, s.lp, m.headbutt
It does like almost 400 damage with no meter but it's extremely hard to do.
I can do the first part but not consistently however I can't link s.lp after headbutt

Also what color of Urien make him look like a yakuza ? (Human color and black hair)

And yet everybody will continue to buy every new SF release and treat it as THE game of the FGC.

So good work, fighting game fans.

It's a serious problem when official games by real companies can just start putting malware on computers. It's important that everyone knows that this is unacceptable, no matter how fast they backpedaled.

Ok, you do that. I for one, don't care and i'm off to play some video games, ninja gaiden black specifically.

sooooo anyone up for a lobby?

We can't all be Seth Killian. Combo was in over his head to be honest.

>I for one, don't care
If you didn't care you wouldn't be posting in this thread in the first place

>ninja gaiden black specifically.
Look at this user's desperate attempt to appear cool.

Do you spent so much time on Cred Forums that you consider anyone who plays video games as uncool? Christ

you remind me of those youtube kiddies that go "IF YOU GUYS HATE THE VIDEO THEN WHY ARE YOU WATCHING IT?"

>Vanilla SF4
Well, he said what Capcom showed him initially was completely awful, so if you take his word, he saved Street Fighter from total disaster. Ultra SFIV is still a shitload better than V.
>SFxT
Would have been great without "muh DLC gems", which definitely was Capcom HQ's idea.
>Playstation All Stars
Was that really him? Okay that's bad.
>Rising Thunder
Impressed Riot Games enough to be bought out :^)

you can not care and still post on threads, user.
it's why we have shitposters

Judging from early concepts, yeah vanilla IV was looking really bad.

learn how 2 read amerilard

>mention an irrelevant game after an attempt to be above it all in this thread.
>implying this is about assuming anyone playing games is uncool
You're handling that fine on your own m8.

No, but anyone who posts about how they're playing a hard game like Ninja Gaiden when it has no bearing on the conversation tend to be tryhards.

Like Chads who brag about how much pussy they get or CoDkiddies bragging about their K/D ratio.

Like, who gives a shit?

>Still commenting
>missing the point
Go play your Ninja Gaiden user and stop being retarded

>Balding Ryu

>buy ps4 game
>play

If you don't care about this then go give your SSN, all the money in your bank account, and all your personal info to the first person you see outside, and then wipe your computer hard drive, since that's the equivalent of this and evidently you don't care about any of those things happening.

Well it fixed now, plus any decent antivirus saw it and removed it instantly.

Dont bully he's a beautiful gorilla man

The only reason it got "fixed" was because Capcom got caught and people raised a stink about it.

If nobody found out, you'd best believe that Capcom would've continued doing shit like this in the future.

I doubt there was anything malicious about it.
It was probably just a really clumsily implemented anti-cheat system.
Maybe they figured they needed that level of access to defeat cheaters.

they got the file directly from a malware site.
They KNEW it was a bad file but they did it anyway

It's kind of sad.
SFV was Capcom's big play to play with the big e-sports boys, and it didn't go off well, and it seems they're in over their heads.

It's like watching an old dog past its prime... :(

It was literally a dev searching for an online rootkit and copy pasting it into his own code.

Even if it was an accident you've now got a company that's so incompetent they made a backdoor into your whole system over a game that connects to other computers online, and one that's been tricked into connecting to fake servers before.

You can't trust anything they release anymore, a company this incompetent can't be allowed to exist. If this happened with ANYTHING but a videogame multiple people would be jailed and the company would be sued, and Sony has been sued for this kind of thing in the past and lost.

Oh right I forgot, i'm on Cred Forums so mentioning that I am going to play a game triggers autists like you guys.

>Install a rootkit onto people's PCs
>"Probably nothing malicious about it."

Can you be any more of a fucking drone?

Even if Capcom wanted to curb cheaters, installing a rootkit onto people's system32 is a major step too fucking far just to stop cheaters.

It's like burning down the house to get rid of a stain on the carpet.

Besides, most people who used the exploit pirated the game anyways so the patch would only affect players who legitimately bought the game.

>still deliberately missing the point
C'est la Cred Forums.

Yeah, I don't care because I didn't install the malware update. And you shouldn't care too because nobody cares about some nobodies on a shitty ass imageboard. Life's too short

>Hey fags, I'm going to play Ninja Gaiden, you probably heard that it's HARDCORE but it's nothing for a mature gamer such as myself :^)

This is what you sound like, fuck off!

Now you guys are just putting words in my mouth and making assumptions, calm down. Go back to your shitposting

This is why you need to join the console master race

How do you do this?

If Capcom isn't sued and prosecuted for this other devs will attempt the same or similar things. If you genuinely don't care about this then stop playing video games or give away your identity and all personal possessions. Anything less makes you a hypocrite who will get what's coming to him.

People like you are why AAA games are in the shitter. If people didn't call Capcom out for their bullshit, the rootkit would still be on people's PCs and all your info would be at risk to anyone who decided to take advantage of it, and considering it's $ony who is footing the bill, the security is probably not all that good to begin with.

And it's not just Cred Forums that's shitting on Capcom for this, check out SFV's steam page and it's sitting at one of the lowest scores with everyone saying how shitty Capcom is for doing it.

Holy shit that's sad if it's true.
But what does and Associate Producer even do?
Just marketing?

Most pirated games can be found on torrent sites.

>Capom gets the rights to make another Marvel vs Capcom after they fire Combofiend.

Would fate be so mean Cred Forums?

I do think Ono's time is over at capcom though.

Honestly this won't stop me from playing videogames. No use crying over spilled milk. But then again Cred Forums cries till the spilled milk is molded and rotten so there's that.

Also if you still care about videogames past 2008 then you are a pathetic, delusional retard. Spend your time praying for a videogames crash instead.

>IT'S JUST POTENTIAL ACCESS TO ALL UR PERSONAL INFO BRO CHILL WHO CARES UR A LOSER IF U CARE ABOUT VIDEO GAMES TIME 2 PLAY VIDEOGAMES THO NINJA GAIDEN BLACK SPECIFICALLY

>Honestly this won't stop me from playing videogames.
>Also if you still care about videogames past 2008 then you are a pathetic, delusional retard.

stop being fucking autistic, shit for brains. stay mad

I would really like it if people would wake the fuck up about SFV so those dead anime games can become alive anime games.

Life doesn't revolve around video games.

>Anyone who cares about vidya is retarded
>Except for me, I'm going to play Ninja Gaiden Black

Please, stop posting anytime.

Those anime game players should join their dead anime games desu senpai.

I really can't wait for a couple of years down the line where SFV actually is good and see people pretending that it was alwasy good just like people do with 4 now.

You still here man? I thought you had something you needed to be playing.

Yes, because I consider it a hobby and not some obsession you autistic retard. Go collect your amiibos.

>My hobby is lobbying for every corporation to have access to my identity and bank accounts

So you waste your free time on something that only retards care about?

Okay, it's obvious that you're on this site because your handler isn't paying attention to you.

Last (You) you'll get from me retard-kun.

Combofiend actually liked Marvel so maybe it wouldn't be a fucking disaster if he was involved.

he got hired at riot

>already been fixed
lol no thousands of people are waiting to get their master rice boxes becoming bitcoin miners

You know its going to happen.

We all know

>Cred Forums diddnt reject that shit the moment they fond out

Seriously.