What's the best desert sections in videogames?

What's the best desert sections in videogames?

HARD MODE: Not westerns

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6j5EEfDA8bE
youtube.com/watch?v=emeB83Q6P1I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also Prince of Persia

Modern warfare

Breath of Fire 3.

mad max?

TF2 or Fallout NV if they count

Paper Mario 64

Kenji

I actually really liked the desert section in Fable 3

It's the thing that made the game worth playing for me

Breath of fire 3

Fable 3 would've been good if you never became king and instead were exiled to Aurora with the whole game taking place there.

Reminder that Antarctica is a desert.

Tf2? What map?

The Ark

>halo
>difficult

that being said though, that level was fucking awesome.

totally misread the OP. disregard my severe mental retardation and autism

Metal Gear Solid V

Set up an ambush for the Soviet truck that patrols the southern desert part of the map.

Yeah. Everything after the part where you became king was shit, especially since I had a gorillion dollars thanks to owning every house and shop in the country.

Uncharted 3
Journey

Spec Ops: The Line has pretty GOAT desert environments.

That and the whole use of sand was neat

Mein nigger

Is it a desert if it's an alien planet?

>Is it a desert if it's an alien planet?
Are you retarded?

Top 3:

1. The Desert Trio in Explorers of Darkness. Three dungeons where you dive deeper and deeper underground until you're finally traversing an oxygen-deprived sandpit full of Steel-types where your party slowly dies just by being there. Fantastic music.

2. Desert level in Aladdin. Great music, fun stage mechanics, tons of hilarious background objects and you get to kill Iago

3. Desert starts in Civ 5. Petra = GG

That one Transformers game where you get to play as Blackout or the scorpion in a desert map. I just liked to cruise around as them an kill everybody I met.

serious sam
youtube.com/watch?v=6j5EEfDA8bE

No one gonna mention the Ark expansion?

That soundtrack was neat

Hold on, give him a sec. He may have a point to make.

RAGE had a pretty good one.

Well, dustbowl comes to mind.
Not very sandy doe

Just that a desert is a human concept and doesn't have any place outside of the sort of thing you'd get on earth.

But Kings don't do this.

I'm honestly kinda lost for words here.

Nope, he's a retard. Into the trash it goes.

It's like this. When OP asks for a desert he's not talking about a bunch of sand. He's talking about the human parts around a desert. Like the mystery of things, and the mood. Things on other planets don't have that.

You can set something in a "desert", but it's not the same as a desert setting.

It's not like the word desert is a surname or something, you know?

ArmA 2 OA : Takistan.

Nice anthropological viewpoint bruv, except i'll remind you that our entire understanding of everything in existence is inherently bias because we are human.

Talk about splitting hairs.

Journey

Battlefield 1

>It's like this.
If it wasn't in this particular context, I'd actually think it's almost profound, but really... nah, he is just a moron. An actual awareness of the fundamental anthropocentricism of our very cognition and perception might be a rare sight these days and can be a sign of actually rare level of awareness and education (or of shitty trivial relativism, because the line between the two is thin). But I really doubt that is what was going on here.

people compain about NV world being 'boring and empty' but really I love it. It's not empty, it just isn't full of unnecessary gimmicks.

Alright so I was actually shitposting to bait replies. I'm OP and actually what I was interested in was things with the Prince of Persia, arabian sort of desert feeling. Temples and tombs and the like. More that than sci fi games, as they just have the desert as a straight up setting, which is kind of lacking.

He's memeing, don't get baited.

The Last Remnant. Ireally enjoyed a desert part in there.

youtube.com/watch?v=emeB83Q6P1I

How many A presses are there in a desert?

>How many A presses are there in a desert?

Well, there's an A press in A desert.

LP2 has some good parts

Damn I miss that game

Gothic 3

It's actually a good game

Mars has deserts

Desert environment is best environment.

Just done playing Mad Max, shit was gorgeous.

That's also why I like FNV and Deserts of Kharak so much.