Is this game actually good or is it one of those games a bunch of average IQ, early 20's redditors latch onto?

Is this game actually good or is it one of those games a bunch of average IQ, early 20's redditors latch onto?

>inb4 play urself
An RPG like this should be played for at least a dozen hours to get a feel for its quality and that's time I could spend jacking off to hentai.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lg_Lp5bO1U8
youtube.com/watch?v=BLqktDBIew8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>one of those games a bunch of average IQ, early 20's redditors latch onto
>that's time I could spend jacking off to hentai
Sounds like a perfect game for you then.

You don't think 4channerians jack off to hentai?

Well did you enjoy the first 2?

the first 2 are garbage

Then fuck off you stupid cunt

retarded logic kiddo

bloo blee bloo?

huh?

You know when you are dealing with a massive fucking faggot when they bring in the "muh reddit" meme

It's a crpg, if you didn't like the first 2 why would you like this one?

can you back that up or are you throwing a fit because people have differing opinions than you?

>An RPG like this should be played for at least a >dozen hours to get a feel for its quality
lol.you won't even get out of white orchard in that time

>at least

How about you chefk out this 7?

OP here. Check out my 9. Now answer my question while you're at it.

If you were of higher IQ, you wouldn't be asking on Cred Forums

no trust me dude an online test says my IQ is 120

>fantasy RPG praised for its writing
>characters frequently use modern idiomatic expressions like "fess up" or "shit out of luck"

It's garbage in my honest opinion. Play an RPG from back when developers actually understood the genre.

Its a game that a few lorefags think is good because they've been eating witcher trash for years and a few others bandwagoned on because of muh graphics and open world despite it being the third game in a row to have awful combat.

That's some nice bait.

>start reading fantasy novel
>"oy guv"
SHUT IT DOWN

The expansions are Very High Quality

The game has godlike story and characters, especially in the first DLC expansion, Hearts of Stone. This combined with a setting that is basically the Game of Thrones meets Zelda fairy tail featuring Medieval Battlemage Jedi Knight as the Main Character with a dash of X-men dropped in for good measure is what makes people love the game.

The gameplay itself is passable. The combat is alright. It is deeper and more fun than most other open world games, such as Skyrim, but we both know that isn't a high bar to beat. You don't have as much room for customization as most open world games because you are playing as an established character who is always going to use one handed swords + his 5 magical moves + his alchemy. Which one of those you focus on and how you specialize and combine those is pretty much the extent of your customization (there are TONS of armor sets though, if you like that sort of thing).

Also, the horse controls are complete and utter ass. You get used to them, but controlling the horse still sucks.

So will you like it? Depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a great world, characters, and a thrilling story (in addition to some very tough choices- not good vs evil choices, but choices of trying to decide what the right thing to do between shades of gray, usually when you don't have the right information to make an informed decision). Then you will probably love the game. The game play isn't great, but it isn't bad either.

I would say if you are looking purely for gameplay, then you should look for a different game. But if you are looking at Open World RPGs in the first place, you most likely are not looking for great gameplay as the main attraction anyway.

just kys and do something good for once

shut the fuck up dumbass

It's pretty good.

BY THE WAY PS4 HAS MO GAMES AHAHAHAHAH AM I RIGHT FELLAS?

>BY THE WAY PS4 HAS MO GAMES AHAHAHAHAH AM I RIGHT FELLAS?
what the fuck are you even trying to do

It's great. People complain about the combat but they're fags.

The writing is pretty bad to be honest. It's not better than Bioware or generic AAA level writing.

It does not deserve praise for writing.

The open world is probably one of the most detailed ever though, they put a lot of effort into that.

I thought you guys loved console wars? May as well start one here and everywhere else too.

yea go ahead. it just makes you retarded.

People who praise the writing don't understand what makes a story good.

This game throws hundreds of characters at you, most of them from the books or from the previous games.

The problem is it never does anything interesting with them. 95% of the characters are undeveloped, underutilized add completely nothing, or just rushed and have a few lines of dialogue.

What the fuck happened?

CDPR do not understand subtelty or nuance.

The story required Radovid to be the bad guy , so they made him ugly looking. Because evil people are ugly and asymetrical

If you jack off to hentai then this is definitely a game for you.

Great, as long as you quit playing when you hit Novigrad. Everything after that sucks.

>ugly
he looks pretty much the same to me, except for the bags under his eyes.

The writing is still well above average for this industry, even though the game itself is pretty bad. Why the fuck are you wondering it's getting praised for its writing?

It is a nice game, but the combat is like Assassins creed.

It's not that above average imho. Some side quests are above average. But the dialogue is painfully mediocre. So is the main story structure. Most of the characters that should stand out, like the Emperor,Radovid, Eredin, Avalach are painfully underwritten. They have only a few lines of dialogue and no memorable scene. It's like they had an outline of a story but were too incompetent to fill in the gaps between so a coherent game didn't come out of it. Everything falls appart int he last act.

Yes I may be judging the game using higher standards than other games, but this is supposed to stand out. And it did stand out in Witcher 2

youtube.com/watch?v=Lg_Lp5bO1U8

kill yourself, seriously.

we have to go back

play urself

The combat is atrocious but its an okay game. The main draw for me is going to a city/town/village, finding out a monster is plaguing them or something supernatural is occurring, then investigating it. The main plot I'm not too fond of.

>Is this game actually good or is it one of those games a bunch of average IQ, early 20's redditors latch onto?
Both.

>they ignore Ada in the second game and introduce Anais which more or less has the same plot as Ada

>They ignore all of them altogether in the third game, even if Temeria is semi- independent again we don't know who is the king

Nice planing for your trilogy you got there, you fucking HACKS

newfag

Breddy gud, just finished it + the expansions, took 135+ hours. I see very little replay value though, I originally wanted to have Triss as my gf but sperged out and replied to her how I would in real life and we never even did a kiss. Oh well.

It's pretty good, if you like Assassins Creed or Bamham you'd probably like Witcher 3.

>kiddo
get out new fag.

It's above average, but the average standard is quite low.

It's not bad but it is overrated.

It's worth trying, but it's not worth getting your hopes up.

I can't stop listening to banana tiger. I've had it on loop all day.
youtube.com/watch?v=BLqktDBIew8

As for the game, it's addicting despite its flaws. The combat animations are what carry the combat (lack of proper hit registration aside).

Overall it's the most fun I've had with a game in a while, but I like the series.

From nearly every standpoint, from design to execution to player experience, it has created its own standards. It's very damn good and one of the most worthwhile single player experiences on the market right now. It's also easily my personal favorite action RPG ever created.