Fuck this fucking shit! All my precious heroes I care for, name and even pick clothes for...

Fuck this fucking shit! All my precious heroes I care for, name and even pick clothes for, like this is Barbies Little Adventure, go insane ... I just rotate them, to return them broken down husks into the world ... Fuck this game is grim ...

you are literally playing the game wrong

have one group of dudes with amazing traits and stuff
this is your a team
you kill bosses with these motherfuckers

team b, c, etc are random dudes you recruit and discard as necessary
these are not people you care about
these are pawns you send into the dungeon to bring back loot
you do not care about their sanity
you do not care about their traits
you do not care about their shit in general
you only care about the a team

hiring people is free
discarding people is free

make use of this

put all upgrades into stagecoach first, at least such that you can immediately start a new quest with a full party should you wipe

get used to sending new recruits out on quests with no supplies and praying they at least bring back some loot

don't spend money on stress relief until they go crazy or you're really invested in keeping the hero for good quirks or whatever

it's more efficient to use the jester, curios and successful quests to deal with stress

do this until you get the hang of things and you'll do fine

The worst part of the game is this:

>team b, c, etc are random dudes you recruit and discard as necessary these are not people you care about these are pawns you send into the dungeon to bring back loot

>hiring people is free
>discarding people is free

The whole thing is such a drag. The game could be over faster, and it would be more enjoyable, if this tactic wasn't such a necessity. It drags on too much.

OP here.

I've read the tutorials and I understand now ... But its so soulcrushing to see so many heroes who usually grow into strong badasses just used and discarded ... Amazing game othervise.

the game isn't supposed to make you feel happy.

Its dreary as fuck.
And I keep coming back to it for some reason.

Don't fall in love with the pixels.

If it helps, only name and customize heroes that make it to level 3 with decent traits, everyone else is expendable.

>everyone else is expendable
>tfw no one cares if they didn't show up to the party

this will be the best advice anyone can ever give you in this game
go without torches and snuff out your light as soon as you start any quest, the monsters are more punishing, sure, but so are your heroes. Also more loot, without the torches shitting up your inventory.

>tfw you return with only a single member of your A-team on the first part of the darkest dungeon
I went in full of bravado thinking "what could possibly go wrong?" since I sent my bros and gals I've had since early access times, going through most of the encounters with hardships, but survival nonetheless.

Like the only time in vidya I've had to take a short timeout and just hold my head in my hands.

This game is like an injection of depression straight into your veins.

People say don't get attached to your heroes, but that's easier said than done when you've crusaded through the entire game with them for well over a year.

Yeah, I've gotten to that point too. Whats most frustrating for me in this game is trying to replace high-level heroes after losing members to the usual boss shenanigans. It takes SO long to try and get people leveled back up.

What do you do if most of your A-Team can only target the first three ranks and you end up fighting the wizened hag with her 4 attacks per round and that invincible crowd control device that takes up the first two ranks?

I've been playing DD for a while and have yet to raid the final area, is it really that bad? The rest of the game is mostly a breeze.

you didn't give them the right skills, time to bail

From what I know if the darkest dungeon all the enemies there are upgraded forms of the standard enemy and typically PROT monsters are practically invincible except to high-power melee hits.

so just debilitate them/mark them
most mark attacks also inflict prot. debuffs anyway

Get a different A-Team. Most of the bosses require abilities that can hit the backline.

HOW QUICKLY

Ok.

Shuffling Horror as a standard enemy.

>he doesn't use The Marking Squad

Anyone have the webm of the dude having a heart attack at the camp and dying?

Is it worth quitting quests and coming back with at least some xp and loot, or just keep pushing and hope it'll work out if they finish a run?

Its worth to get some loot back always.

Also

Bounty Hunter Best hero.

You don't get XP from abandoning quests.

Depends on how important the heroes on the quest are, and how much farther you have to go.

That kinda sucks, guess I just need a garbage squad to go in and scavange with no provisions and dump 'em when they eventually go crazy.

Video games are supposed to be fun.

This is what happens when you get overconfident

I dont, but that just happened to me the other day. Suprised the hell out of me. Had no idea it was even possible.

After having completed the game I'm looking forward to start a new game using the Pitch Black Dungeon mod. Anyone who played it can give some tips?

I stopped after 18 hours. I like the game but it just drags too much and stops being enjoyable pretty quickly.