I actually like the artifact/key hunts in the Metroid Prime games

I actually like the artifact/key hunts in the Metroid Prime games.

Does anyone else?

I was fine with the artifact hunt in Prime 1 because it wasn't too hard to acquire most of the artifacts naturally.

The Sky Temple key hunt can go fuck itself. That was retarded. Six of the nine keys absolutely require the Light Suit to get past basically arbitrary invisible walls. You are forced to backtrack through the entire game.

I like them because it's fun to explore the world with zero restrictions now that you have all the power-ups.

That was my other problem. The powerups in Metroid Prime 2 didn't really do all that much. You got the Dark and Light beams really early on, and they're completely overpowered. I didn't think the Annihilation Beam brought that much to the table aside from Super Crystals.

Whereas in Prime 1 you had the Plasma Beam which would vaporize everything.

I prefer the one in 2 over 1, it felt more natural to have the Luminoth key bearers at the site of the artifacts and the Light Suit was actually justifiable as opposed to the Phazon Suit, even though it's faster the one in 1 felt more like a chore to me

How is the light suit justifiable? Having dark water act like a solid until you got the light suit was nonsense and the biggest problem of the Sky Temple key hunt.

Nah i liked it

You're nuts.

I know right?

Are you going to acknowledge that logically, your opinion makes no sense?

Being able to fall into the dark water before getting the light suit would be supreme bullshit though.

No, i acknowledge that i have a set of preferences while you have yours, going through the beams of light or through the pools of purple goo gave me a lot more sense of satisfaction and discovery than anything the Phazon Suit did

It would've been great because then you could actually get keys before the Great Backtrack.

That was the genius of the Phazon suit, it only soft-gated one artifact. And you didn't need to backtrack to the beginning of the game to get it.

Not being able to sink in water made no sense and there's like two beams of light in the entire game. One of which shouldn't even be there because they could've just put the Flying Ing Cache where the light beam was to reduce the number of hard-gated keys. All it does is piss off people who like exploring earlier.

>touch dark water early in the game
>sink, get stuck and die
YEAH, THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

I guess i just don't mind backtracking that much in a game heavily built around backtracking

Yeah it would. It'd add some challenge to the game.

I'm only okay with backtracking if you can also spread it throughout the whole game to mitigate it. I like to memorize where gates are and go back to them as soon as I have the appropriate item. If you do that in Prime 1, you get basically every artifact. If you do that in Prime 2, you run into dead ends constantly and then you have to go back with the Light Suit.

Annihilation Beam homed on targets though last I checked, plus you don't have to use opposite beams to get more ammo for it.

Dark Beam's only really useful for freezing the transdimensional pirates and the rezbits and shattering them both with missiles. Light beam always feels like it lacks punch.

I think 2 had a few too many keys, and if you missed some scans it was a simple mistake to search for hours forever.

I liked both of them, complaining about backtracking in a Metroid game is retarded.

The artifact hunt was better and more natural though.

MP3 had the best hunt

It's okay if you take it as an excuse to revisit areas and collect a bunch of expansions along the way. It only gets annoying when you're trying to powergame and get them all as fast as possible or something.

Yeah, because dying for the slightest mistake and having to replay everything you did since the last save station is fun. Why not just have the game delete your save everytime you lose an energy tank? That also adds challenge.
Never design video games.

It homed, but so did the Light Beam charged shot, and does it really matter when you can lock on anyway? Light and Dark also did more damage than annihilation against enemies weak to them.

I honestly like trying to find new ways to fuck your mom. Like all three holes? That's easily covered. I want to find ways to make her feel diffrent than she ever has. I remember that she told you she had a headache that one night, now that was high quality.

I only played Prime 1 and 3. I played all the way through both of them, but never found the last artifact I needed in either and so I never beat the games even though I got to the very end.

Maybe they aren't really that hard to find and I was just younger and dumber, but honestly it has kept me from going back and playing them through again.

What the fuck are you even going on about? You'd still be able to jump out of dark water like you normally do.

XD classic anonymous never givin a shit !

It's an interesting idea but it could have been handled way better.
For starters, make so a LOT of them can be found in advance by solving advanced puzzles or doing real thorough exploration of every zone as you encounter them, not just a handful, more like 80/90% of them, with the last 10% being locked behind shit you can only move when the artifact chase becomes relevant to the story.

IMO Zero Mission did it best, where you'd find weird, jambled up upgrades incompatible with your current suit and eventually you'd fine Samus' modern suit and the upgrades would finally become relevant. The upgrades weren't a bullshit last second forced backtrack quest, you already found them by progressing normally through the game, but they were still something that made you go "wait, what the fuck is this? What does it do?" and then "OOOOH THAT'S WHAT THIS IS" when the reveal came.

That's basically Prime 1. You could get every artifact before getting the Phazon Suit.

Not if it's too deep and you don't have gravity suit. They'd have to make a walkway up for every deep pool of dark water, and that would be dumb. It's fine the way it is.

Isn't that an option in Dead Space and the Wii U zombi game

There already are little platforms or ramps and you don't encounter any actually deep water until you actually get the gravity booster. If you never get stuck in normal water, there's no reason you'd ever get stuck in dark water.

I also like it.

I love Metroid Prime 2, it's my favorite game. But you guys have to admit that the first time playing it, the scans are a fucking bitch to find.

I don't think the scans are terrible except for having to get every boss phase. Like nothing was as stupid as Ice Shriekbats. I got 100% on my first run, which wasn't the case in Prime 1.

Although I don't really like Prime 2 nearly as much.

Oh you don't remember the ingweb, do you.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Apparently I did because I got it, but yeah that's bullshit.

No, you have no idea what you're talking about. You never need the gravity booster - not suit - to get out of water before lower Torvus Bog when you get it. This should be obvious. There is no reason or place you would ever possibly get stuck in dark water.