Where do you go for game reviews these days?

Where do you go for game reviews these days?

Pic related are the best reviews I've been able to find as of late. Their scores often don't really match up with what's said in the review, but ignoring the score, the reviews are always great.

Who do you trust when it comes to reviews? Do you even trust anyone for reviews anymore?

>the newest frame trap
>they talk about palmer luckey
>they go full on sjw
>then pic related starts talking
>"i'm a feminist, do you think women are equal? congrats you are a feminist"

fuck it, i'm out
this was the last time i will ever listen or watch anything EZA

Welp I guess I won't finish it

I was asking about reviews. Not how you feel about that queer.

They don't "go full on SJW". Brandon says he doesn't like mixing politics with his games stuff because nobody cares. Bloodworth says he's very conservative and so probably doesn't agree with Ian on a lot of things. Ian does his usual gay faggot shit.

I don't care how he feels about stuff like this (I'm sure I agree with him in most areas) but man does he try and throw it in to the conversation whenever he can.

Seems to me like Brandon's sentiment was that he believes he SHOULD support trannies and gays on Twitter, but he's afraid to lose patrons who don't care about that shit.

Ian ruins everything. I fucking hate it every time a new podcast is up and I see his faggot face sitting there.

>fuck it, i'm out
>this was the last time i will ever listen or watch anything EZA
It's always funny and weird as fuck to me how autistic some people get over this kind of shit.
Want a simple solution? Ignore everything with Ian in it, problem solved.
It's not like he throws his shit out all the time, if ever, you literally implied that urself.
It's the first time he really got into his femnist bullshit since EZA started i think.
That's why i don't watch Easy Update, I'm not a big fan of Ian. I can accept him the more i get used to him via FrameTrap and the Podcast but that's about it.
I still prefer people like Ben or Huber

I very rarely take reviews into account. ""Professional"" reviewers are almost always trash, either because they're sucking up to the publisher to secure their next review copy or they're loading their reviews with political agendas hamfisted into them. What's the alternative? Steam reviews? 95% of them are idiots trying to be funny, 4% of them are people complaining because they can't get it to work on their mom's laptop and the last 1% consists of negative reviews from people who have put thousands of hours into games.

On the topic of EZA, I don't watch Frame Trap, mainly because the name doesn't really give me any idea of what it is. My perfect EZA show would be TTEscapades, but with edgelord Ian replaced with Brandon.

He never explicitly says trannies and gays or really comes close to it. He just says part of him feels he should use his platform to profess his political beliefs but at the same time, he knows that's not what his platform is for. As he says about Palmer Luckey, either shit or get off the pot, and Brandon has wisely opted to get off the pot.

>When they're talking about Fire Emblem or some shit and Kyle says it's Black vs White and Ian tries to twist it into a racial thing
It's honestly baffling. I liked watching the last Frame Trap because he kept saying "I don't even care that people don't like me" but in the very next sentence, talks about how he's afraid of being harrassed about certain things and you can hear the pain in his voice when he talks about people on stream saying "Oh fuck, I hate this guy" any time Ian shows up late for things.

Ian is shit. Easy Update is shit.

You should watch his Bounding Easy Update though.

Frame Trap's just Ben's podcast where he asks people what they've been playing, essentially.

>TTE with Brandon instead of Ian
You don't know how badly I want this. Kyle isn't in the next episode and they hinted that Brandon might be in it instead. Which is interesting.

On the topic of reviews, how do you get a sense of whether a game is worth your money? Just eyeball it? My worry is that, for example Forza Horizon 3, I'd be fucked if I bought that on PC. Nobody ever seemed to mention how it runs like absolute shit and I only found that out through the EZA review.

I don't mind Ian's personality and views. He just needs to keep it out of their content. He's violating that key strategy of NOY GETTING POLITICS IN YOUR VIDEO GAMES.

>As he says about Palmer Luckey, either shit or get off the pot
I still don't understand what he meant by that. Was he saying that Luckey should have just fessed up about his political beliefs once word got out about the donations? Why should he have? It's his personal beliefs, his own money, he can do whatever he wants.

>It's the first time he really got into his femnist bullshit since EZA started i think.

are you serious? he goes off on his weird rants everytime, he's like the patrick klepek of EZA and fucking annoying

He's saying Luckey should've either came out from the get-go and been like "I support this and here's why" or he should've kept out of it entirely, instead of doing the "half-support" of hiding his support behing alt-accounts and trying to keep things hush hush.

I'm afraid to listen to the latest frame trap

why is ian in fucking everything now

Ben missed the last podcast because he wasn't back from Japan yet. They filmed Frame Trap with Huber but forgot to hit record, so Ian had to step in and take Huber's place the next day because Huber had shit to do. It's just bad luck that he's in things so frequently.

I have mentioned this in youtube comments and got attacked by a wave of people who want politics in video games.

I am just not gonna watch anything with Ian in it. He ruined table top.

Because they kept him locked up for years in GT and he feels with all his degrees he should be in front of a camera.

>Not allowing yourself to watch the best D&D campaign on the internet because of one faggot

I was originally but he ruined it, he just keeps acted like a cringing and retarded girl.

Give him a shot. The only guy I remotely trust.

He's toned down a lot, mostly because he's just barely a part of the story at the minute. It's all about Necator, Yogala and Pomper. Therese occasionally comes in with a 30 second monologue about how she's oh so crazy and fucked up, but Huber inevitably shouts something ridiculous and everything gets moving again.

I'll check him out, thanks m8.

Why the fuck was Bloodworth talking about his church activities so strangely interesting?

Because it was genuinely interesting. Your preconceived notions of church are what made you think "Oh church volunteering that will be boring shit about making cupcakes or whatever" but then it turned out he was doing proper production shit.

Well, first thing I do is not preorder it. I don't care about story in video games at all, so waiting a few days or two to get my hands on some raw gameplay footage (not the scripted stuff you see at E3) is worth the risk of getting spoiled. Then you take the publisher and developer into consideration. Do they have a track record of releasing buggy shit, do they have a track record of day one DLC/microtransactions, do they regularly release unfinished games, have I enjoyed their games in the past etc. And then of course there's pirating it and trying before you buy. Not much out of the ordinary now that I think about it, I guess the main point is to just stop preordering.

>Forza Horizon 3
IIRC none of the windows 10 xbox ports have been that good, that would have been a red flag for me.

I wish I could ignore him more but it's difficult. Necator has taken a backseat again and hasn't really done anything for the past couple of episodes, and since Pomper and Yogalla are comic relief characters Therese is gearing towards becoming the group leader, which is going to annoy me for sure.

Beggars can't be choosers though, I'll keep watching until I find another D&D show that's better. /tg/ didn't recommend much.

To be fair, Ian was always the "group leader" even in Tabletop Escapades, simply because he wasn't as naturally funny or creative as the others. He would just try to min-max his way through the campaign, which made him seem like the only one taking it "seriously" and therefore the only "leader". Luckily, as always, Huber is there to completely ignore everything and blurt out some insanely retarded shit like "I spit on him." to completely destroy any plan Ian comes up with.

Ian can be a dingus about some stuff but I can't blame him for getting upset about the treatment of LGBTQ people. It's relay easy to be a white kid on Cred Forums and just hate on things you don't understand.

I tried to get into watching these guys after having watched the pokemon thing but I quickly realized Brandon was the only likeable guy.

Fuck off faggot.

>Huber isn't likeable
>Brad isn't likeable
>Kyle isn't likeable
>Don isn't likeable
u wot m8?

i didn't know ian was a fag

He isn't. He's in love with Elyse Willems, but she's married to a Chad and it's broken his heart to the point where he's trying to become a woman to compensate.

It's also as easy for them to get upset, and actually actively shit on and try to ban, things they don't understand.
Which is why I'll never take this kind of hypocrite seriously.

Reminder that there are people on Cred Forums who get triggered more easily than any SJW and will become angry and upset and offended the very moment they hear anyone express a thought or opinion they find "problematic" or "gross"

It's actually quite funny.

Check out Rollplay's West Marches or their current show Court of Swords.

>so there I was watching a youtube video when suddenly out of nowhere the guy said something I don't agree with I mean ugh can you imagine there wasn't even a trigger warning or anything, I unsubbed at once and now warn others to stay away so these harmful opinions don't get heard by others

You all are making EZA threads too often

>You should watch his Bounding Easy Update though.
Which one was that again?

Guess i just didn't heard that then, my bad if true.
He isn't as bullshit about it that i realise it i guess..or just because i ignore him half way most the times who knows.

Ian was only tolerable at GT because he was confined to the production booth most of the time where he only opened his mouth for a few minutes total, now that he's an actual (frequent) podcast seat he's fucking unbearable.

I agree.

Worth a buy is pretty good, only video I didn't like was when he was a fanboy for Fallout 4, and shit on the witcher 3 a week or so before. Contradicting most things he said in the witcher vid compared to the fallout 4 vid.

Otherwise his reviews have been pretty good.

The one where they all dance through a park with ribbons on their arms.

I am a gay black man, fuck LGBTQ.

Oh yeah I've seen that shit on their 6 month anni stream not so long ago.
Shit was fucking great.

>Ian is in literally EVERY video
>Bosman meanwhile knows he needs to eat so he's on less and less to work on the Keighly show
>Final Bosman itself is on hiatus
Fuck. I need more Kyle.

Christian gamer

>YFW after Jones fucked up the latest Frame Trap recording Ian had to step in for Huber because he had to leave
I'm still a bit upset about that shit. Esp since that change is the big reasons why faggots go nuts now

Don't fucking remind me

It was supposed to be a review thread.

>implying
You mean the Final Bosman IS DEAD
Whatever new thing he did wasn't anywhere near as good

I like gggmanlives

Easy Allies really need to focus on high production stuff, rather than just podcasts upon podcasts upon podcasts. Looking at one of their reviews and how well written and edited they are, then looking to Tabletop Escapades is really jarring.

>Bosman meanwhile knows he needs to eat so he's on less and less to work on the Keighly show

What's this about? Any links?

Keighly is premiering some show on youtube thats combining legitimate industry people with youtube people to discuss gaming in the mainstream.

Kyle has been working on it behind the scenes, but he hasn't said what.

I think the show premieres tomorrow.

He works as a segment producer on Keighley's live show on Youtube. It's on his twitter.

Geoff Keighley's doing a Youtube event thing and Kyle's working behind the scenes on it, which is why he has missed big parts of group streams lately. He also might be popping up on camera during the show, from what his twitter has been hinting.

>Whatever new thing he did wasn't anywhere near as good
That one is literally half dead
When even was the last episode? Must have been some weeks back, if not months

"Wah Wah i don't want silly low quality shit and only HQ!"
You know that high quality shit takes time right?

Of course it takes time. I never said I don't want their podcasts either. I watch pretty much everything they put out, minus Ian's shit and some of the streams they do. I'm talking about how best they can grow their channel to a point where they can properly sustain themselves and high quality content is the way to do that.

I get your thought but personally I prefer it the way they do it now.
As we know they can't just shit out HQ stuff all the time since they're actually putting work and effort into their shit so having side stuff isn't too bad if you ask me.

Their channel's stagnating though.

>Their channel's stagnating though.
How so?

I just watch videos of the game on youtube.

I don't really watch TB but I'll watch his WTF is.. for a game if I'm interested in it. You get to see what's in the game and he just mentions some good things and bad things. I can ignore the 60fps bullshit because I'm not a sperg.