Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uXmTCDM9CtY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is Transformers good?

One of the best Platinum games

No

If this is true it finally happened
I have paid for the free games this month ffs

It's clearly made on a small budget but it's pretty good.

>ANOTHER Otome VN
Kill me

Bought Transformers last week.
Was just about to buy Resident Evil, dodged a bullet there.

Vita gets two visual novels

They really want to drive the "just forget this thing existed" point across.

>Was just about to buy Resident Evil, dodged a bullet there.

Pretty smart of Capcom to include REmake in PSplus now.
>Halloween coming up.
>RE7 out in January.

Pretty sure I don't have much reason to play REmake on PS4 over the original GCN version.

>free

Better graphics and widescreen are the two obvious ones.

Is Transformers any good or is it just Korra with Robots?

Yes it's good, it's more like Bayonetta with robots.

The graphics aren't actually better an I'm pretty sure REmake GCN already plays with letterboxing.

Also to add the PS4 version of the aqua ring looks fucking shitty.

>Transformers: Devastation
literally a worse Bayonetta, but has the superior witch time mechanic

>otome game for the second month
Fuck.

>literally a worse Bayonetta.

I could go for a worse Bayonetta.

It has the best combat system out of all Platinum games though

I don't think witch time should be in the game.
The counters are a nice addition though, I enjoyed them.

find me that video, i swear there was a video of a guy praising the hell of Transformers how it had the best combat. Forgot to see it

At least do Steins Gate if you are going the VN route.
This is the second month with fuccbois.

Neat I had been interested in Transformers ever since I >watched some youtubers playing it

I've also never play any resident evil games either so that should be good

>Resident Evil, PS4
Ah shit nigga, I was going to buy it for Halloween. Now I'm excited.

It's pretty fun.

Meh, I bought Code:Realize a month ago.

Not bad.

>tfw you didn't buy REmake or Transformers, but now you can play them for free

Is Devastation enjoyable if you haven't watched the old Transformers cartoons?

Thats a stretch

Maybe top 5

>REmake
>not RE 0
fug

>january

Do they want it to fail or something?

Yeah, i liked it despite never having seen the show. Of course you have to buy into the wacky asthetic and writing but you should be fine.

Are you beyond stupid? This was crapcom at their shitty finest. What time of year would people definitely buy scary games such as resident evil.. Halloween. So they give it away. Crapcom are a fucking joke, no business at all

>Civ VI
>Battlefield 1
>World of FF
>REmake

Good month.

>From Dust
I actually find that insulting

Higher resolution textures and hd. It does look better.

ok retard

HURR, GETTING A GAME FOR FREE FROM A COMPANY TRYING TO PROMOTE FUTURE TITLES AND CELEBRATING HALLOWEEN IS BAD FOR BUSINESS

Fuck off retard. Out of all the greedy and out-of-touch shit Capcom has pulled, this is a smart move.

It just won't feel right on Playstation.

Seems good, but not really interested in either PS4 games. Looked up a few minutes of gameplay for both, and Resident Evil looks very unplayable with that terrible camera movement, while the gameplay of Transformers was just about using the same moves over and over again against a bullet sponge enemy.

Shit b8 m8

>It does look better
I'm sure it does.
But they haven't done anything to actually honestly improve the game. I'd rather just play my Gamecube version.

You do realize they get paid for making it a PSplus title right?

They get first rate exposure and REmake will be one of the biggest Halloween games this year thanks to PSplus, new fans will flood in. Then they have a new game coming at in less than 3 months.

Financially, it was a smart move.

why? the powers are fun even if the rest of the game is shit

better than a completely shit game

>PS+ expired this month
>Vowed not to renew because of the price hike + Canadian dollar
>The games this month aren't garbage indie shit

I know damn well if I renew, november and so forth's games will be shit.

>that terrible camera movement

You aren't very familiar with premium re4 resident evil, are you?

They added in a totally new set of control options on top of making it look and perform better.

What did you want them to do, make a ground up remake that was different? Re4 style?

Yeah they definitely needed a Halloween-type game, but I'm kind of surprised they didn't go with Evil Within

Looks damn good, so renewing right now for 1 month nabs me

>Journey
>Lords of the Fallen
>Transformers
>Resi Evil

pretty damn gucci

Yup. I've been meaning to do so but I'll take it for free*

Pre re4* not premium

>PS+
>free games
If you wanted RE, then you should've donated 15 to the Humble Bundle last month to get both it and RE0.
They probably should have a big Halloween sale or something desu. I'd buy RE5 again for like $10 or so and I'd like to see Symphony of the Night go on sale. How much is a Vita TV these days? Dracula X Chronicles would be cool too.

>What did you want
Nothing.
>a totally new set of control options
Heresy. Resident Evil is to be played with the traditional tank controls.

The controls are optional.

>they didn't make it different enough!
>what did you want them to change?
>nothing!

Okay

Are Transformers or RE easy to plat?

wow, excellent selection of free games this month. Thanks Sony™!

Solid game. Mixes stat customization and twitch-reaction gameplay in a way that works well.

It doesn't matter if they're optional. It's heretical that even exist.

>I don't have to use it or even see it unless I do it on purpose
>it makes me mad!

Okay

Oh boy you made a joke about PSplus games being free!

But like, they're not free! You pay a monthly fee!

Hahahahaha!

Turbo autist detected

Transformers was incredibly easy despite the low percent with it on psnprofiles. Took me about 25 hours.

Damn I bought REmake last year on Halloween but never beat it. I've already played through devastation too but I could see myself playing that again at least

Last month's boys were better.

>I'm kind of surprised they didn't go with Evil Within.

Capcom was probably more willing because of RE7.

This is quite literally marketing that they're getting paid for.

How is From Dust?

Evil Within's DLC had better actually go on sale this time

Mediocre as fuck, but the powers are very fun to play around with.

>same game that was a in a humble bundle is now "Free"
its shit

Whats up with these literal gay dating sims

Sony knows their Vita audience

I dunno, I'm getting to the point where I'm considering playing one of them though.

>Actual Sunlight

Literally /r9k/ the game, made me feel bad for a week.

>hardest achievements for DD:N requires having friends

>that Double Dragon trophy
Noice

>literal gay
Nigga this is soft cuddles compared to some shit out there, you aren't even a boy.
Localization never ever

VN that sexualize men instead of women is AOK for Sony apparently.

>2 games on PS4 that most people already bought/played
Fucking hell Sony

>still paying for PS+
Cucks

When Microsoft first launched this 'subscribers get free games' thing, the first two months it was nothing but games I had already bought.

I'm used to this.

It's pretty easy for a Platinum game. Reason for the low rarity is probably people seeing the no damage/max rank shit and getting scared.

Yes, I never watched anything Transformers and only have a passing familiarity with the characters. I can still appreciate a robot that transforms into a t-rex.

Not really.

I redboxed it, beat it in a day. It's ridiculously short even for Platinum standards and horribly repetitive. It's fun for 30 minutes, then gets boring. You can't even really unlock that much to add to your combat skills.

I say this as a huge Platinumfag, I've beat everything they've ever made short of TMNT and Korra. This bottom tier Platinum, as if some d-list dev stole the basics of Bayonetta's gameplay and cel shaded over it.

Just stop buying games you cuck.

was literally planning on buying the REmake next time i get money, big win for me. are those ps3 games any good?

Yeah I had a lot of fun with it. It suffers from smaller budget but the levels are fairly varied and it doesn't have the clone enemy problem that Korra did. Its basically a step above trash like Korra and TMNT but a step below their A-game like Bayonetta.

A - Bayo
B - Transformers
C - Vanquish
D - Korra
F - TMNT

Never heard of Mad Riders, From Dust isn't bad though. Its a god game where you guide a bunch of villagers, you know how it works.

from dust is pretty fun, definitely worth trying considering you get it with everything else

oh for fucks sake, now i remember where ive seen "from dust"

IT WAS FREE 2 YEARS AGO

Nice trophies by the way.

Oh it was? That's hilarious

Thoughts on Miku's game?

>tfw got RE from the humble bundle
At least I didn't own transformers.

Well at least you own it instead of having it linked to a PS+ subscription.

No it wasn't. You might be thinking of Dust An Elysian Tale.

I don't remember this game ever being free.

Nah, you are probably thinking of the furry game that has Dust in the title. Coincidentally that one is also much better than From Dust.

I guess that is a benefit. I still haven't touched it once though. Same with 0.

Who's a better protag for a baka to use?

And how is from dust/how long is it?

I've only played one resident evil game, and i'm pretty sure it was cause I got it from Plus on PS3. I think it was RE4. I only played like 20 minutes of it.

So this one we're getting is a remaster of the original on PS1?

The transformers game I've actually considered buying a couple times when it was on sale. So that looks pretty cool. I know the dude that voices Optimus in the movies and cartoon is in it so that's good.

Star ocean is only $30
Is it worth it? I never played a star ocean game so I don't know how this one is.

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR

>So this one we're getting is a remaster of the original on PS1?
It's a remaster of the gamecube game, which was a remake of the PS1 game.

You never actually own digital copies

Stop posting already you fucking moron.

Its mediocre, its closer to the style of the first game where you meet some space nauts and they get involved in your quest in a single planet and not the multiple planet exploration of the later games.

You never actually own physical copies either, read the EULA.

>Code: Realize ~Guardian of >Rebirth~,
b-but im a guy

Shut the fuck up.

>but the levels are fairly varied
lol no they aren't

You're either in the center of the city, the edge where the bridge is or inside the Proudstar or whatever that alien ship is. And everything is surrounded by invisible walls.

Two months ago we had Tricky Towers and Revel Galaxy.

These last two months have been great.

>free

tricky towers is a good party game that shit is entertaining if you have friends

top 5 would constitute "one of the best", retard.

anyway, another month another W for playstation. nothing new here.

Fucking saving that kevin oleary gif.

Bummer about the game. But 30 minutes of fun is better than 15 minutes of "ok this lame" which is what I usually get from Plus titles. If I can hear Peter Weller's voice and smach so decepticons and get some trophies I'm ok with it.

I'd like to know your thoughts on the RE game we're getting.

I never played RE on PS4, so I can't comment on its quality. I did strongly enjoy it on GC though.

Have another Kevin.

I actually put a decent amount of time in Rebel Galaxy.

Better space exploration game than No Man's Sky, which is funny because I know a guy who defended No Man's Sky for its weak ass space travel but called Rebel Galaxy "empty indie shit" when it was made the free game.

Baller ass OST though. 7/10 would kill space pirates while listening to buttrock again.

For once, PS4 gets gets decent AAA titles, and PS3 gets indie garbage.

What factors are used for ranks? TIme, score, hp loss?

>Remake of a PS1 game and Platinum shovelware
>AAA titles

january/february has produced many successful games, because children have christmas money

just look at mass effect 2

So let me get this straight, if I want to play online games, I have to pay Playstation Plus?

Yes desu.

Please don't. This is a nice thread.

Only on PS4 and only for actual gameplay content, stuff like leaderboards work fine without it for the most part.

Are you shittalking REmake right now, you little nigger?

Not him but physical copies are superior regardless because they're not linked to an account and can't be revoked, you will also have the game for as long as the disc stays functional

Thanks bro.

Thanks.

It was a legit question. I'm thinking of buying a PS4, a used one at least. Luckily for me, I don't plan on playing online games on it.

Rebel Galaxy was not bad and I agree a better game than NMS.

Shaping up to be another solid year of not bothering to get ps+ again

I've seen literally ZERO temping games to justify paying a service fee for multiplayer, I'll stick to PC for that

Agreed.

It's great.

Are you legit retarded?

>its one of the best

>nah its on of the top

How do you get out of bed in the morning without drowning in your sheets?

RE4 was released in January.

You're right, that's way better than AAA trash

Mad Riders is a fun arcade, off-road racer.

This for free meme has to die. We spent 35 for ps plus for a year, it IS NOT free

There's always one fag who has to be the "cool kid" and not like the game

>
Both really easy.
Transformers especially for a Platinum game since the scoring system is broken.

>You don't own physical copies
>Can resell them

Really makes you think

It's only like 6 bucks a month tho.

finally, oh wait, its still just trash

>because they're not linked to an account and can't be revoked
You can't revoke digital copies of console games. Even if your account is banned, as long as you have it downloaded you can still play it.

Isn't Mad Riders that game that nobody played or even noticed on release despite a really funny trailer?

It's only free everywhere else though.

Not happy with those Platinum rankings.
Pure Platinum: The Wonderful 101
Platinum: Vanquish and Bayonetta
Gold: MGR, Bayo 2
Silver: Transformers Devastation, Madworld
Bronze: Korra

Haven't played Turtles or that RPG they did.

They are going by very technical terms, you don't own the code within the disc

But you have the freedom to do whatever you want with it otherwise, which is why physical is still superior

Not bad. Not a fan of RE-RE-RE-RE-RE-RE-RE-RE-RE-whatever we're at now make, I played the game damn near 20 years ago I don't want to play it again. That said, it's better than the indie shit we've had for the last few months. Journey was a fucking snoozefest, I can't believe anyone ever thought it was remotely decent. Lords of the fallen was just as shit as everyone always said, too.

Well at least with steam they do if it was a fraudulent purchase

So no, then.

YES TRANSFORMERS. I wanted it but I didn't want to play full price now I get it for free*

*I know PS plus isn't free hurr durr

I thought Journey was an ok experience. Beautiful game.

Oh for sure, it looked beautiful, but I wouldn't call it an experience, it's the equivalent of the rubber ducky tech demo that they turned into a "puzzle game".

It existed in the days of the PS3 to show off it's power, same shit on PS4, only people are buying into it because of that whole "experience" culture shit. It's not. It's either a good game, or a bad game. In journey's case, it's a one note, flat, mechanically one dimensional tech demo. it's a bad game.

also while it looked good for the most part, the areas around dusk/twilight in the desert where everything is shimmering looks fucking awful, like somebody just started pissing all over the sand dunes.

Pretty much...they need to make the rise of ps plus worth it

>Bought REmake last Halloween but put it on the backlog
Fuck

You could just put free in quotes desu.

They could put Bloodborne for free at november

Lmao, stop having ur head so far up your ass and just enjoy it for what it is, a 15 dollar experience thats worth playing at least twice. I got it free this month with PS+ and it was my first time playing it. It was fine.

that's just it, it's fine for free, but it's still not a good game, it's not an "experience", there's no "experience" to be had, you go through a bunch of samey environments just painted different colors, doing the same shit for the first half, then the same shit for the second half.

Transformers is fun but very short.

I hope this will maybe give them a push to bring out new DLC or a sequel

Who the fuck doesn't have bloodborne?

If there is a sequel, a Decepticon story better be #1 thing to add in on their list.
I think DLC is unlikely though.

>bring out new DLC

the game is pretty old now. if it was going to have DLC, it would have been announced by now.

So is this due to the price increase? Actual fucking ps4 games not some PSN store indie $5 garbage?

Will this continue every month now because of the price hike or can we see November being just as shit like before?

>can we see November being just as shit like before?

I fucking hope not

More than likely it's to push the library for the last quarter to be notable so they can shove the holiday ads full of "check out these games you get with PS+!" shitty indie + AAA title, then shitty indie + AAA title, then probably another shitty indie and AAA next month, then december we'll see some AA $30 game and a PSVR demo catalog.

If not that, then a month of PS Now.

My PS+ expired 2 months ago and I haven't paid since then, but I want Transformers and REmake so it's worth for me to buy it again now.

>widescreen

You do realize it just zooms in, cutting the top and the bottom?

Are "muh widescreen" fags really this mentally retarded?

So how does this shit work

Can I just download Transformers and it's mine forever or does it become unfree at the end of October or something?

This is the first month that PS+ ps4 has been better than Games with Gold Xbone.... In 3 years.

It's yours as long as you have PS+. If you end your subscription to PS+ you no longer have access to it, but can still purchase it if you want, but if you resubscribe, then it's yours again.

When your subscription runs out you can't play it anymore lol. If you subscribe again you can play again.

With Xbox the game is yours forever because MS is somehow less Jew than Sony

you can play it as long as youre subscribed to ps+

It's yours until your PS+ runs out.
However if you renew it again at any point you can play it again.

Only the 360 ones

Oh shit is PS+ something different than regular PSN then

When you have ps plus you have to go to the store and "purchase" the $0 games, then it will be yours until your subscription ends, when that happens you will have to reactivate your subscription if you want to play the game again

>a woman having a completely normal heterosexual relationship with a man her age is "gay"

Last month was better too.

I nowadays use ps plus solely for getting trophies.

Game quality has been bad for a very long time.

Meh, at least Code Realize has a plot and isn't unabashed schlick fantasy like Amnesia

Wouldn't people who enjoyed Bayonetta want to play more games like it?

All those, but all you need to know is you get bonus points for headshots. So when the time comes for the harder difficulties, equip a weak but large clip machine gun and use the Witch Time to get guaranteed headshots and top ranks.

youtube.com/watch?v=uXmTCDM9CtY

As for time and no-damage, you can replay the final challenge stage on max difficulty (it's just a 45 second rail shooter) to get max rank weapons to one-shot most enemies.

>20fps dark souls rip off and walking simulator
>better than mirrors edge, for a horizon, ass creed and WWE 2K16

Nope. And I don't even have a xbone. I'm mad as fuck that PS+ is usually so shit. I'm slightly happier about Octobers quality but I already own the 2 fucking games.

whats ur PSN my fellow trophy bro?

not sure if bait or you're just completely fucking stupid.

and no your "ive never played on playstation/never used PSN/etc" excuse isnt going to work.

yes, it's required for online play on PS4, but not PS3/vita. PS3/vita it just gives extra features (cloud uploads for your saves, on ps3 downloads while in offline state, some other stuff I think), it's more worth it the longer you have it. And the first year or so of PS+ was fucking bomb. the entire RE series on PS1, spyro, crash bandicoot, vanquish, demons souls, dragons dogma... Tons of shit, really, so many I can't even count them all, it wasn't until the vita came out they started rationing it.

PSN was free for ps3.

PS+ is required subscription for online services on ps4

psnprofiles.com/monteblommie

I mean downloads on PS3 while the system is turned off, not offline.

Just wait till the end of the month to see what they announce for November. If it's pure shit, don't resub, if it's good, resub.

>asscreed mobile game
>shitty fake sports game
>old ass 360 games you can find in the bargain bin
Nah it was way worse for xbox.

Thats literally Mercy in a karate gi. Fucking hacks at blizzard ripping off a kids book.

Noice!

Too add to this, as someone who plays on CRTs, I have a problem with the widescreen feature.
Because of the quality of the prerendered backgrounds (which were not made with HD in mind) and how they're zoomed in for 16:9, the actual 3D models like the characters and items look more out of place because of how much better they look.
When playing in 4:3, the 3D models don't stand out as much because the backgrounds aren't zoomed in and don't have the panning camera effect when in 4:3.

huh. i know i played this years ago for free, i guess one of my friends bought it and i just game shared with him.

not a bad free game, either. it reminded me a lot of Black & White from way back when

If you pay the PS+ for multiplayer you can consider those games free.

If you pay the PS+ for the games then those games can't be considered for you.

That's how I think it is.

Contact the support senpai, you'll be able to get a Transformers refund, to the extent that the money you spent on that will be store credit, that you can use on other games.

otome games are even gayer than actual gay games

>Cut scenes but adds a new route
Will we never get this or the original localized and it pisses me off.

That's cool, didn't know they did that.

They'll usually do that if it goes on sale or is free on PS+ the week after you buy it. You might have to wait until it's actually up free for PS+ members though.

Is Korra with robots not supposed to be good?

XDD

Holy fuck this is a really solid month. Hopefully we get more months that are this good.

oh FUCK nearly forgot to download my free trash for september

anons is it worth doing the memory card dance for September or should i not bother?

only have a vita

>memory card dance
go online on your phone or PC, purchase everything.

Holy shit please don't tell me there are people so stupid that they haven't picked up every free game since forever.

>Lords of the Fallen
>Journey
>Resident Evil
>Transformers: Devastation

Not too shabby. Looks like the Play Plus games scene is starting to pick itself up.

It's far above the usual indie crap at-least.

WHAT

you can do that?

i bought a 64 gb card just for holding PSPlus trash

>64 gb card
rip. Should have gone with a 32 gb card, those corrupt tons less.