Getting this bad boy in the mail today to replace an AMD card

getting this bad boy in the mail today to replace an AMD card

what games should I install to max this card out?

Other urls found in this thread:

guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_1070_gaming_x_review,30.html
guru3d.com/articles-pages/msi-geforce-gtx-980-ti-gaming-oc-review,35.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>buying a 980ti when a 1070 exists

literally the dumbest purchase possible holy shit

>got it for $100 cheaper than a 1070
>still overclocks to outperform it
stay mad

This. My brand new 980ti came to $340. There's no way that I can get a card with full warranty at that price.
>Fury X $300
AMDead doesn't compare to that card even after factoring Vulkan.

>still overclocks to outperform it
If only you could OC a 1070
oh wait
But yeah it's a great idea to get a card that nvidia is just going to drop support in less than 3 months.

yeah, I actually prefer AMD to their Nvidia competition but I just wanted something better than my 290x and that was almost impossible to find on AMD's end; even the fury only offers a 10% performance bump all around. What a fucking joke.

the 980ti still overclocks higher

guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_1070_gaming_x_review,30.html

guru3d.com/articles-pages/msi-geforce-gtx-980-ti-gaming-oc-review,35.html

The performance of 290x has improved, but AyyMD still couldn't equate Maxwell top end. I am waiting to see if Vega can finally get to 980Ti/1070 performance and beyond.

>I am waiting to see if Vega can finally get to 980Ti/1070 performance and beyond.
so was I lad but I didn't feel like fucking waiting anymore

I'll buy the Navi in 2-3 years

>This. My brand new 980ti came to $340

hmm?

It's a great card, OP. Got mine about a year ago. Runs about everything I've thrown at it max settings at 1440p 60fps. Older games run like Dead Space and Saints Row 4 I can max out at 4k 60fps.

im liking the sound of that

I already play GTA V and Witcher 3 at 1440p60fps with some drops and compromises. Glad to hear it should hold up much better

1070 can't even run solitaire at 1440 at 60fps.

I got it at Newegg for $370 and then I went for MIR, bringing down the total cost to $340.
Some guy actually picked an open box at Microcenter up for $290.

I OC my card but both of those run great, although GTAV sometimes will run at 30fps in the forest area. Doesn't do it all the time which is weird.

Crysis 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Doom. At least these are the games I can't max out.

All right, let's use your terms.

You can buy a 1070 mini for less than 400 bucks RIGHT NOW. jet.com has a Zotac that goes down to $353 after using a coupon.

Here's a full sized Asus 1070 btw at $373.27. So why the fuck would you go for a 980Ti?

Op already said he got it for $340 and it overclocks higher than a 1070.

it's also much louder, less power efficient and has 2 gig less VRAM. It does overclock higher but the difference is so tiny it makes no difference

>jet.com
no free returns, paying by debit card.
wow. such great deal my ass.

Deus Ex: White Guilt

Play it with a controller for the full console effect.

>buying nvidia

baka senpai desu

You're good to go. You can max anything, even TW3 and get well over 60fps at 1080p. TW3 I get 70-90 with everything on, even hairworks. Doom I get 100-140. It's literally overkill for anything at 1080p right now. Solid choice.

1070 is 2 models under par from from 980ti despite being the next card generation. They're likely to be roughly the same with 980ti still coming out on top in many cases.