So, apparently the WiiU was ahead of the PS4 in terms of lifetime sales in Japan until this week

So, apparently the WiiU was ahead of the PS4 in terms of lifetime sales in Japan until this week.

Weird. Considering the news one would have expected the WiiU to have been absolutely destroyed by the PS4.

Other urls found in this thread:

dualshockers.com/2011/08/13/the-difference-between-shipped-and-sold-is-less-relevant-than-you-think/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Everything worth a damn being released on PS4 was being released on PS3 as well.

So the sales meme brought upon by Sony fans was false?

ye

What's the yellow line?

Could you please delete this thread?

I should have figured the sales difference was intense hyperbole just like everything else that comes out of a Sony fan's mouth

>Those xbone numbers
I know it's japan and all but I still think it's funny.

It should be mentioned that Sony very routinely conflates "units shipped" with "units sold", meaning every box sitting on the shelves of your local electronics store still counts to their inflated numbers. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they counted every PS4 they gave away through Taco Bell as well.

So...no gaems?

Took it long enough, huh?
Call me back when the ps4 surpasses 3ds' japanese sales. Assuming it will ever happen.

>cut away the rest of the world
>s-see the Wii U is holding i-its own

Nips are where it's made and where it matters.

Keep trying.

>xbox hasn't even sold 5000 units this year
Kek

I was not implying that.

Keep believing that, David-kun.

>Sonygger damage control is already starting

It shouldn't be a surprise Sony inflates their numbers when the console has no games

Whats the yellow line?

It won't. The only Sony platform to outsell 3DS in Japan is PS2, and 3DS potentially could surpass it by the end of its life cycle.

>Sony inflates their numbers
By doing what?
Considering global sales?

PS4 released with fuck all that would appeal to the Japanese market for months, aside from a PS4 port of Yakuza Isshin.

See

Nintendo and everyone else in this industry does that, you idiot. You don't put sold numbers on financial reports because console makers get their money when units are SHIPPED.

Fucking educate yourself.

dualshockers.com/2011/08/13/the-difference-between-shipped-and-sold-is-less-relevant-than-you-think/

Releasing vague statements using shipped units instead of units actually sold, and counting units they give away at taco bell.

Why are people surprised that sony lies?
Its literally the only thing they do.

Have you all forgotten that they were sued over it, and had to refund 100 euros to everyone that bought a vita because of their false advertising?

Their fucking slogan is "Make believe" for fucks sake

what does the yellow line mean

>Releasing vague statements using shipped

The only company that's vague about shipments is Microsoft. Sony is pretty straight about how many units they shipped.

Again, units sold is not relevant information for investor reports.

all this shows is that people only buy nintendo hardware to play nintendo games, third party developers have absolutely no incentive to develop on nintendo hardware.

Except nintendo doesnt actually do that :^)

Oh look, the sonypony damage control has arrived.

It shows that nintendo users actually buy games instead of sonycrusaders who only buy dustcollector boxes.

>how many units you actually sold is not relevant to investors
lamo

>yfw the PS4 has achieved complete global saturation

>Nintendo doesn't use shipped numbers

Yeah right.

If you're gonna believe that there's a huge discrepancy between units shipped and sold then you also believe that retailers are sitting on top of tens of millions of unsold items and somehow keep ordering more shipments from Sony.

You don't need to be educated on the finer points of retail logistics to know how stupid this sounds. Just use common sense.

Why are Nintenautists so clueless about the gaming business?

The gap. That's why the WiiU's line is orange before the PS4 release.

The red of the WiiU line and the yellow of that line mix.