Would PC have more games if nigger piratefags didn't exist?

Would PC have more games if nigger piratefags didn't exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/04/us-government-finally-admits-most-piracy-estimates-are-bogus.ars
articles.businessinsider.com/2011-12-02/europe/30466752_1_downloading-swiss-government-copyright
blog.wolfire.com/2010/05/Another-view-of-game-piracy
uk.gamespot.com/news/6343451/56-of-console-gamers-dont-pay-for-games-study?sid=6343451
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/05/file-sharers-are-content-industrys-largest-customers.ars
gamasutra.com/view/news/32341/Amnesia_The_Dark_Descent_Sells_200K_Developer_Lauds_PC_As_A
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2008/10/dodgy-digits-behind-the-war-on-piracy.ars
eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-01-pc-gaming-is-growing-everywhere
rockpapershotgun.com/2011/03/01/pc-is-strong-pc-games-revenue-up-20/
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2008/01/oops-mpaa-admits-college-piracy-numbers-grossly-infl
unc.edu/~cigar/papers/FileSharing_March2004.pdf
gao.gov/new.items/d10423.pdf
ic.gc.ca/eic/site/ippd-dppi.nsf/eng/h_ip01456.html
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2009/06/study-p2p-customers-are-hollywoods-best-friend.ars
software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2010/04/19/hear-that-knocking-sound-its-pc-gaming/
uk.pc.ign.com/articles/884/884757p1.html
devicemag.com/2011/02/03/steams-1-billion-sales-in-2010/
next-gen.biz/news/study-claims-pc-market-largest
escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.262501-Steam-Flirts-With-1-Billion-in-2010
next-gen.biz/news/npd-four-per-cent-of-us-gamers-admit-to-piracy
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8354166.stm
paidcontent.co.uk/article/419-research-p2p-filesharing-no-barrier-to-music-sales/
wired.com/threatlevel/2012/04/code-not-physical-property/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>PC
>Gaming

Oh boy ...

>implying piracy is unique to gaming and hasn't been the driving force of almost every media industry since the moveable printing press

Also PC has shitloads of games thanks to actual backwards compatibility and an indie scene that doesn't need to pay off console gatekeepers.

/thread, everyone can go home now.

>/thread-ing your own post

yes
I say this as a pirate

>tfw theres still no games worth pirating

/thread

If anything piracy has created a culture of free access amongst users, which is possibly the greatest use of the internet that could be conceived of.

Game Devs on the other hand repeatedly use underhanded methods to sell products that are by and large not worth the $60 pricetag associated with such AAA games.

When the value of the product is not representative of the product itself you have a problem, not the pirates.

I think the real question is why do people assume pirates will buy games if they could no longer pirate.

debate me

>"unpiratable" PC game sales are anemic
It's totally the pirate fault and not because you're trying to sell a shit product at a shit price while expecting 5 gorrillion sales.

Would there be more music if nigger piratefags didn't exist?

More game devs sell their game for 20 dollars or less.

The vast, vast, VAST majority of new games you see on steam can be had for a small amount of money.

Cred Forums is generally normie-tier, so they only look forward to AAA games, which costs $60, giving you this biased thought process.

It's okay.

Just statistics.

Yeah, piracy is what holds back the PC industry, just like how piracy holds back music and film industries.

In terms of their quality yes and no.
1. Pirates are giving exposure to games too.
2. console is better market for selling games but it also makes developers less contributed into quality. They know that they can shove any maul in customer's ass.

>today's music and films are good

list of of research that shows sales benefit from piracy:

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/04/us-government-finally-admits-most-piracy-estimates-are-bogus.ars
articles.businessinsider.com/2011-12-02/europe/30466752_1_downloading-swiss-government-copyright
blog.wolfire.com/2010/05/Another-view-of-game-piracy
uk.gamespot.com/news/6343451/56-of-console-gamers-dont-pay-for-games-study?sid=6343451
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/05/file-sharers-are-content-industrys-largest-customers.ars
gamasutra.com/view/news/32341/Amnesia_The_Dark_Descent_Sells_200K_Developer_Lauds_PC_As_A
_Growing_Platform.php
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2008/10/dodgy-digits-behind-the-war-on-piracy.ars
eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-01-pc-gaming-is-growing-everywhere
rockpapershotgun.com/2011/03/01/pc-is-strong-pc-games-revenue-up-20/
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2008/01/oops-mpaa-admits-college-piracy-numbers-grossly-infl
ated.ars
unc.edu/~cigar/papers/FileSharing_March2004.pdf
gao.gov/new.items/d10423.pdf
ic.gc.ca/eic/site/ippd-dppi.nsf/eng/h_ip01456.html
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2009/06/study-p2p-customers-are-hollywoods-best-friend.ars
software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2010/04/19/hear-that-knocking-sound-its-pc-gaming/
uk.pc.ign.com/articles/884/884757p1.html
devicemag.com/2011/02/03/steams-1-billion-sales-in-2010/
next-gen.biz/news/study-claims-pc-market-largest
escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.262501-Steam-Flirts-With-1-Billion-in-2010
next-gen.biz/news/npd-four-per-cent-of-us-gamers-admit-to-piracy
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8354166.stm
paidcontent.co.uk/article/419-research-p2p-filesharing-no-barrier-to-music-sales/
wired.com/threatlevel/2012/04/code-not-physical-property/

Now here is a list of the research that shows piracy hurts sales:
-

Most 20 dollar or less game are thing I could have played on newgrounds a decade ago though.

Have you tried paying bills with exposure?

I think it's a combination of piratefags and the people who only buy games 90% off on sales.

Also for some reason physical PC games stopped selling entirely, which is a shame.

I don't think Somalia has that big an impact on PC gaming.

We're not talking quality, we're talking sales. It's not like most video games these days regardless of platform are good anyways.

>Anti pirate fags get mad at this argument when I've actually bought all 4 of the games I've pirated because I thought they were good enough to deserve money.

Yes

see
You don't get to thread your own post.

Do you have facts to back up that "most" segment?

I'll be here waiting, user.

It's okay to try and look cool in front of your peers, just don't take it overboard. I care.

Yeah, but I never pirate AAA games anyway. Barring Doom, what game with the 'AAA' tag is even worth playing?

Wouldn't I go down more like the dude buys the bike, takes it home and his mates come over and clone the bike, without the dealer having a clue what's happening.
Then the guys realizing that the bike they cloned is a terrible piece of shit with a bent frame, wobbly wheels and barely holding together, being happy that they didn't spend money on such a piece of shit

>79$ plus tax

What the fuck is this? Why isn't the tax included in the price?

You're both dumb as fuck.

>Would PC have more games if nigger piratefags didn't exist?

>more games

We're talking about quantity.
Not sales.
Not quality.

Jesus christ everyone here is on a 3rd grade reading level.

Ever heard of whores? Their entire livehood is centered around exposing their bodies to dicks. Publishers are similiar, you pay a lot for hour of fun then go home empty handed.

We dont need more shitty games, what we need is GOOD games

Sadly autistic pc gamers likes more graphics than actual gameplay, and the cancer already spread to consoles with the 4k bullshit, gaming is lost.

Definitely, no question

>they provide a service
>they get paid money
>they pay bills with money

>pirates download a game to give it exposure instead of money
>devs can't pay with exposure

try projecting less and use knowledge more.

>can magically replicate bikes
>everyone in the world can now have a bike
>anti-piracy fags are against this because muh morals

see
before you start talking about knowledge

>shill sites

try again kiddo