>He counts this as gen 1

Lolno

Explain how it isn;t.
New Pokemon = new gen, still has only the gen 1 Pokemon so it's gen 1.

didnt play it in my childhood so dont care about it so it isnt gen 1

are you retard

Lolyesitis.

Sorry friend, it is.

shitty bait

here's another (You) for (You)

>generation
>noun
>all of the people born and living at about the same time, regarded collectively
Obviously in the context of Pokemon, this refers not to people "born" but by each batch of Pokemon. Ergo, Gen 1 is Pokemon games with the original 151. It's not Gen 2 until the next "generation" of Pokemon are introduced.

Generation is not about region, date, features or anything else. It's about the Pokemon themselves. The only outlier in this is the appearance of Bonsly and Munchlax in Pokemon XD, though they're spin-offs so I guess that doesn't count.

Not that you actually care OP, I know you're baiting but I don't really get the angle. Have fun raking in (You)'s and next time, fuck off to /vp/ where you'll get a higher standard of autistic bait takers.

FRIENDLY REMINDER: The term "Gen" in Pokemon refers to the whole set of Pokemon created and aligned with regions like Kanto, Johto, Glenn, Sinnoh etc.

Yes that means Leaf Green and Fire Red are Gen 1, retard.

>Glenn
Hoenn******

>best Pokemon doesn't count
Here user.

Your childhood doesn't matter to anyone else in the whole world.

>yellow is not gen 1
>crystal is not gen 2
>emerald is not gen 3
>platinum is not gen 4

then what the fuck do we call these special editions then, user?

>The term "Gen" in Pokemon refers to the whole set of Pokemon created
Tru
>Yes that means Leaf Green and Fire Red are Gen 1, retard
Hoenn Pokemon are programmed into the game. So no, they're not. Stop trying to muddy things even further.

Special Pokelympics

The term "Gen" refers to the game mechanics. A game that features a single Special stat is a gen 1 game.

my opinion is objective fact: everything after gen 1 is shit i never played it but i feel sorry for the kids of today

>Hoenn Pokemon are programmed into the game. So no, they're not. Stop trying to muddy things even further.

Then it depends on the context.

FRLG was released between the start of the 3rd gen of Pokemon (RS) and the start of the 4th gen (DP) so therefore it is gen 3.

Lolyes

no it doesn't shut the fuck up

Go on then, explain how it depends on the context

It's 1.5

>inb4 A presses

the bait is so bad and terrible I'm not even gonna post a image of it.

fuck you, i just came in this thread to post that.

It's not a Gameboy Color exclusive like Gold and Silver.

So yes, Yellow is Gen 1

kek, gold and silver are playable on original Game Boy. Crystal was the GBC exclusive

no its not

Crystal was for both GBC and GBA.

Red > Blue > Yellow

ok

Actually scratch the part about the GBA, it was just GBC

>Wikifagging
Gold and Silver still ran on original Game Boy though, they were just designed with GBC in mind

>gold and silver are playable on original Game Boy

No they weren't.

He still plays Pokemons

They literally are. Why do you think they have the corner cutout, unlike GBC games? Seriously, go fucking try it. It works. I'm still amazed most people don't know this.

Yeah they worked, but then you didn't have color, which pretty much makes the games unplayable

Which part of the game requires color to complete?

Unplayable? Hardly. Sure, it was obviously designed for color, but it all still worked just fine in monochrome. It hardly looked any shittier than the original generation, they weren't exactly works of art either. I guess you might have some visibility issues in caves, but I know people who completed the game just fine on their Game Boy Pockets.

Not necessarily required, but it'll be like watching modern films in black and white, you don't get the full experience. Gen 2 was all about those amazing colors.

That's not really the point though. was calling them GBC exclusive (which was his indicator for what Gen 2 is), which they very evidently are not.

That was me, I guess I did exaggerate in calling them "exclusives" but playing them without color is not the true way. Kids back then would have been very confused when their protagonist explains to the police that the Pokemon thief had red hair, when the player themselves were unable to identify this.

A Gen is a Gen, you can't say it's only a half.

Ï
ÏÏ

>RBY = Gen 1
>GSC = Gen 1.5
>RSE = Gen 2
>FRLG = Gen 2.5
>DPPt = Gen 3
>HGSS = Gen 3.5
>BWB2W2 = Gen 4
>XY = Gen 5
>ORAS = Gen 5.5
>SM = Gen 5.8

Objectively.

No famalam, Red and Green are Gen 1. That makes Blue Gen 1.125 and Yellow is Gen 1.25. Gold and Silver are Gen 1.49999999 recurring since they're playable on original Game Boy, making Crystal the only TRUE Gen 1.5 game.

Get your facts straight you fucking casual, s m h

Op is right. Red and blue are true vanilla gen1

>Not Red and Green
Casual gen1.5fag, pls go

holy shit, I never thought about this