Insider here. I thought I'd give you an in depth idea of what's going on with NX

Insider here. I thought I'd give you an in depth idea of what's going on with NX.

As you know, Kimishima was not Iwata's chosen pick for President. At the moment, he is merely acting president for the year as the board trains the actual successor for the position. Nintendo believes that introducing the new, younger, long term president immediately before the reveal of the NX will excite fans for the possibilities in the future.

Keep in mind this person does have a history of actually developing games. His responsibilities right now include overseeing all of Nintendo's big projects. He will assume actual control of the company before the NX launches.

>How will NX compete with PS4 and Xbox One?

It simply won't be possible for them to compete with us.

Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/4131306/nintendo-kimishima-interview/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is the replacement someone we know?

Bill Trinen

Ok I'll play along.

It's not Miyamoto, Aonuma, Reggie or Bill.

So who then?

:/ im scared

I want this to be true. Hope its koizumi

It's not Shibata either

They wouldnt dare bring in anyone from outside the company.

Its Audrey Drake.

Koizumi is a good guess, but has he ever appeared in public?

kojima

>It simply won't be possible for them to compete with us

So will the NX somehow out perform the ps4 pro and xbox scorpio? Or are you implying Nintendo can somehow persuade the hardcore gamers to adopt the NX despite probably being a psuedo-mobile? I hope you are right but I know in my heart of hearts you are dead wrong.

Hold up OP. I thought that originally he was acting president, but the board eventually settled on him long term?

me

>it simply won't be possible for them to compete with us.
kek surpass the pro still is believable but surpass the scorpio lol nope

>It simply won't be possible for them to compete with us.

what did he mean by this?

that the nx will use a titan x

Is Emily Rogers full of shit?

its not about the hardcore. people really need to understand this. there is a far larger pool of people out there to target. Thats why it isnt about graphics or harware specs.

he was temporary at first iirc but then did finally settle on him being the president until i guess he felt there's someone better?

>there is a far larger pool of people out there to target
nintendo lose those people they are on mobile shit now

WE ARE NINTENDO. YOU CANNOT BEAT US

>At the moment, he is merely acting president for the year
Proven false.

So it's more/as powerful as my mobile phone. That's a massive improvement over the wii u.

That's why the NX is a mobile, dummy.

There is only choice

>history of actually developing games

I do prefer him a million time than the pizzaman we got here.

I unironically hope it is shibata

Shinbo

>won't be possible for them to compete with us

I agree. Because NIntendo will be 3rd party within months

What the fuck is gonna happen to the 3DS?

I've been holding on buying it for too long, Pokemon is coming so I doubt they will drop support soon.

What would Cred Forums do if it was revealed to be Sakurai?

Koizumi

that's why they want to TARGET THEM.

Can you prove your identity in any shape or form so that we can all move on?

>What the fuck is gonna happen to the 3DS?
They'll continue supporting it until it stops making them money, like all their other systems.

Koizumi it is. You guys might not this guy, but trust me, he is the person people think miyamoto is.

Continue for another year, I guess? They just announced a new pokemon and first party support in to mid 2017, likely with more announcements to come. The nx is entirely a WiiU successor, clearly

Leaks for crying out loud.
Announce the damn thing already.

You are on an anonymous turkey basting board faggot.

You do know 99% of the gamers don't actually know shit about presidents of companies and stuff like that right?

Can you confirm if previous handheld with detable controller """leak""" is close to the actual thing?

prove it

The NX is not 1 device. It's more than one, HC and HH.

You wanna git banned junior?

gee I wonder who's behind those threads.

doubt that nintendo can have these people back

Do people genuinely despise nintendo because they make colorful childrens games? They don't want others to be able to enjoy that?

yes everything must be overdesigned and generic, no color or fun allowed

Lots of current "gamers" were kids with a wii, and they are now hating nintendo to sound "grow up".

No but we thing they are wasting their time putting those games on a system children don't play on.

Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask has the ideal art style.

Hi TheDude!

Insider here, this is all wrong. You'll hear more in about 6 months

Yikes, i guess you're right. Time flies.

I have no problems with the games they make, I despise their corporate side and the horrendous, anti-consumer decisions they make.

>Anti consumer

You best be talking about region lock and nothing else.

Please....for the love of all that is sacred....

Will there be Wii U pro controller support?

Yeah, that's kind of par for the course. The other megaloconglomerates deserve your hatelasers far more though.

> doesnt mention its able to come close because its built on vulkan
> doesnt mention lower resolution and dpi than vita

Some insider

>censorship
>region-lock

fix these, and I'll buy your system Nintendo, plain and simple

Youtube policies too, as well as them not allowing Twitch on their consoles because they don't consider that "fun."

>youtube policies as well

Kill yourself you underage youtube scum

Which executive gives preferential treatment to waluigi? I want that one.

OP, will it be one release and that's it, like their home consoles or are they planning gradually releasing upgrades like their handhelds (3ds -> 3dsxl -> n3ds)?

>not Hideo

Holy shit that is funny

region-lock is likely gone but censorship probably will stay

OP is fake.

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

He never posted any new info, and just reposted what the public already knew as 'insider info', that's a guy obviously making up what might go on the inside if what we know is true.

I would fucking love Koizumi as President, seeing as he's the one that made the Nintendo games interesting.

kimishima was only temporary for like 2 months, he's officially the president for a while now

Sakurai

So, nintendo has already kinda started their logo and image change in their recent color splash commercial.

Will they keep this up for NX?

I dunno
View it as a soft confirmation that the NX will feature the same ABXY button format

It, along with Wii U, will continue to be supported until NX has a sizable install base.

We anticipate it will continue getting titles for the next three years.

I would not describe the different forms of NX as 'upgrades.'

All will play the same games, but each will have a variety of adjustments to appeal to different niches.

Will those upgrades be sold over time or released simultaneously? I'm tired of waiting for the better form or having wasted my money like when the n3ds made the o3ds's 3d look like shit.

And most importantly when are we getting the nx information?

To say that the Wii U "will continue to be supported" implies that it is currently being supported.

It's gonna be sakurai

Simultaneously. Again, the different forms of NX have NOTHING to do with power, but merely exist to reach the largest number of people possible.

The detachable controller leak was true. However, what does it attach TO?

About the reveal date... we simply don't know. NOA knows a lot less about the company than you think we do. The higher ups REALLY don't want people leaking information. Generally speaking, we are given a week to prepare for Direct and that's it.

I would say it will be revealed some time after Sun and Moon launches.

It is.

They're already making mobile games faggot, and it's boosted their hardware sales

Don't let Treehouse touch your shit, simple as that

>> doesnt mention lower resolution and dpi than vita
i refuse to believe that

too bad kimishima already stated he is here to stay LOL try again

If OP told the truth though, it couldn't be. Shiba never made games himself.

Sakurai has the experience, but not the desire.

It'd be painful to see him as president.

He'd be a sad, hollowed out husk after Iwata's death if he didn't even get to make games himself anymore.

Reposting my NX mockup in more colorways since no one hated it last night.

To explain the button layout again, the idea is that the face buttons and d-pad are physically identical, but each button has an LED behind it that's color coded contextually (based on orientation and whether the controllers are plugged into the screen). The face buttons have multicolored lights, the d-pad has all white lights, and the top set of buttons shuts off/deactivates in "phone" mode.

Insider here. You're gay.

Naturally he would say that. Even if he wasn't.

No investor would like to have the word out that a company president is temporary by design.

Is this loss?

The "detachable" controller parts are such a stupid and needlessly complicated idea. I wonder why every goddamn mockup has them.

Outsider here. My buddy just died while telling me to remain golden.

this.
But then again, I do hope they release the NX with a bullshit gimmick like that. Can't wait for Nintendo to go through the Sega route and let me play Smash Bros on Steam in 6-7 years.

Literally the only reason is the stupid Eurogamer rumor that everyone seems to believe blindly for some reason.

lol, you didnt even try.

I'm finding myself less and less opposed to a design of this nature.

I dig the idea of having three-player asymmetric gamplay available right out of the box.

yeah, look at all the asymmetric multiplayer games which are widely played and beloved.

This is satire right?

>implying he's not shitposting like that because he knows that autist will get mad at him
do you even complex baiting?
are you doing it right now, right?

>popularity is the standard measuring unit for quality

No, user.

Personally, I still enjoy Nintendo Land very much, and I'd like to see games take the concept much further.

Did you mean to reply to ?

No.

Oh.

considering the last bit, i'm afraid not

Also let's say for shits and giggles that it has the same screen size as an iPhone 6 plus

Fake as fuck but nice idea OP. At least you're trying something different.

No, I'm pretty sure user was saying he hopes Nintendo folds as a console dev and puts their games across multiple platforms, including pc/steam.

Thinking of it, I want that too. What are you having a hard time comprehending?

It started like this:

>Emiliy Rogers: "handheld, weak, detachable, nvidia"
1 month later
>Eurogamer "Our reliable sources say, 'handheld, weak, detachable', nvidia"
>Every single "major" gaming website: "Our reliable sources say, 'Our reliable sources say, "handheld, weak, detachable', nvidia"'"

Meanwhile Nvidia says,
>We don't give a fuck about vidya, we only provide chips for AI self driving cars

While AMD says,
>"We made the Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Xbox360, PS4, PS4 Pro, Project Scorpio, and a secret *hint hint* on announced gaming console we will give info on later"

The entire gaming audience:
>Clearly it's 100% confirmed that NX is "handheld, weak, detachable, nvidia"

You're a fucking idiot. Kimishima is Nintendo's President. He has the entire company in his control and no one is even thinking about trying to usurp him. He is Yamauchi's true successor.

I just hoped he was pretending to be retarded. I was wrong.

I think a 5" screen is more than enough.

>Kimishima was not Iwata's chosen pick for president

Looks like it's time for a dynastic succession war.

Are you autistic?

Hm.

Seems unnecessary to keep both (or any) of the detachable parts on for smart-phone mode.

I'm ready for this reveal so retards can stop posting their "leaks" to fulfill their fantasy that they're someone important even for just 5 minutes. This shit is just like before Smash 4 came out and every day multiple threads about who's on the roster because they claim to be an insider.

the best part is that probably we already saw the leak, just like when they leaked the real smash roster and nobody believed that the duck hunt dog or dr mario were in

Yep. You said this back in 05 with the Wii. Look where that got you.

>trains the actual successor for the position

you've watched too many anime

>27 years in international business development at Sanwa Bank

He's probably a lot like Yamauchi, but old Hiroshi seemed adamant about Nintendo needing a guy like Iwata in charge.

How is Breath of the Wild going to run on a sole smart phone?

It got 100 million systems sold?

>unnecessary to keep both

UNLESS

If you are willing to play for 1 hour periods and burned hands.

The 3DS is in life support and Nvidia as the better solution for mobile gaming.

HH will use The Tegra X2 and the HC will use a AMD APU they will share OS and library via HSA

>Trusting nvidia for anything.

If anything, Nintendo will get burned if they make something nvidia. Microsoft got fucked by nvidia on Xboxhueg.

I thought we regularly ridiculed the Wii U for only being as powerful as a smart phone?

In any case, the NX would have gaming oriented hardware and games would be highly optimized for that one device, which is a situation very very different from a smart phone.

Now i remember Nvidia also lied about the X1 specs to Nintendo

The new president will be Kojima.

>life support

>highest install base for a current gaming dedicated system.

>second best selling gaming dedicated system

>takes up eight out of the top twenty software spots in Japan

If that's being in life support, god help the rest.

>HH will use The Tegra X2

ahahaha

No silly, the Handheld will be made by DMP, the same company that made the 3DS, 3DSXL, New 3DS and 3DS XL. Tegra X2 is for AI cars, if they put that on a mobile device, it will burn through your skin.

>Koizumi announced as the new President
>Dawn of A New Day
>shows off BotW's plot and NPC interaction
>that's why he wasn't able to take over as President sooner

That'd be so incredibly out of left field that the world would catch on fire.

In any case, I'd prefer Kamiya, if it had to come to bringing in an outsider.

AMD used to have ARM project maybe Nintendo will use it

I anticipate NX to be entirely ARM based, whether it's one or several devices.

Nintendo's already having trouble with both style and substance, don't need Kamiya making the "MARIO'S ON DRUGS" joke a reality.

The reason Nintendo has chosen DMP is very clear, Money.

DMP is located in japan, literally Nintendo's next door neighbor, so they don't have to pay any import costs to manufacture and can lower the selling price. If they chose AMD/Nvdia for the HH, it's gonna be more expensive than a Vita.

HC is different because Nvidia and AMD have no other competitor that comes close. AMD/ATI have designed every single Nintendo console since the N64, All Xbox console and all Sony consoles except PS3 (Nvidia, which was why it was $600)

AMD has a feature called Heterogeneous Computing which allows both x86 and ARM to work on the same system, what Iwata referred to as "a family of systems", since mobile is ARM while all 3rd party devs use x86.

Iwata also said something about making wiiu to 3ds ports easier.

Maybe they are going keep consoles under same hat like sony does with ps4/vita.

I think Nintendo know and we all know, both Handheld and Home Console gaming are no where near what they used to sell even as early as last gen.

Nintendo's main draw for NX is you have one game card but you can pop it in either HH or HC to get the same game with different resolutions. Currently they have to literally make a 3ds game from scratch and a wii u game from scratch no matter how simple of a game it it is.

I hope we get a nice diversity of color choices like this.

We haven't seen anything of the sort since the 90s.

Because literally everyone just buys black.

>not maining silver surfer

>Nsider

>circle pads

Hey who here used to go on the Nsider forums back when it use to exist on Nintendo's site?

okay

>jap company changing heads for PR purposes
hahaha, funny joke OP.

hahahahahahaha
Do you even 'blue ocean'? Nintendo isn't even in the race.

I bought a blue N64 back in the day. Shit was cool.

>Do you even 'blue ocean'? Nintendo isn't even in the race.
that is what op means

someone should update this with the new 3DS colors

Lmao, he is a gaijin no matter how much of a weeb he is. If OP isn't a faggot then I would guess Hackurai would be the most fitting.

>jap company changing heads for PR purposes
didn't Sony do this

My uncle.

Do you know my friend's dad?

There are actually 2 versions of the red 3ds, one has the gradient and is darker, the other is just a solud orangey-red.

100 million sold then nothing. Smartphones took the casual market, the only way Nintendo's hardware business can survive is if they make hardcore games that people want.

Going the casual route doesn't work anymore unless you go mobile.

And the most lackluster catalogue of a Nintendo console since the N64 with just a few gems.

Damon my Wii was just a Xenoblade machine until I discovered emulation for it.

What if Nintendo's NX is just a smartphone?

The console is like an Ouya.

>NX Happening
Stop this shit faggot

>What if Nintendo's NX is just a smartphone?
>The console is like an Ouya.
it will flop like the Ouya

I remember Nintendo had an online test back then, to see what color system would fit you.

I came through as a "Grape Gamer" and I was recommended games like Ogre Battle and Harvest Moon.

Scary accurate on all counts.

>Damon

I own like 60 physical copies of games for the Wii.

I don't consider it the worst library.

Who but neckbears even know who the pres of Nintendo is?

Nintendo: We want the neckbear audience

>neckbear

It's alllllllready dead, bro

its the same guy who always redact the same way
it very easy to spot

the last time he was responsible of hideo partnership with deltaco

rumored to be supported till 2018

That picture is outdated as fuck and probably from early 2013 since it has FE13 and MH3U designs but no Pokemon X/Y or Zelda ALBW from later that year.

just buy a 2ds for $79 to play pokemon

It's been the go to for neckbeard for awhile now

No, it is not.

>Meanwhile Nvidia says,
>>We don't give a fuck about vidya, we only provide chips for AI self driving cars
Source?

From one old businessman to another

nintendo is only for fuzzy little neckbears.

I wish nintendo would make more cool see-through stuff. I would think in this day and age they could make them with some really nice colours while still maintaining a "modern" design.

I want that too. If the hardware is modular, thats highly likely

They're getting some random young Japanese indie dev who made a beatmania rip offs, some joke RPGs he shared with his friends and jerks off to the manga found in the adults section and tweets angrily about being kicked out.

man putting a bunch of cool see through hardware together and mixing and matching them sounds rad. I miss the radical 90's nintendo, fuck this gay ass glossy bullshit.

There are tablets out there more powerful than the Wii U. I don't know how well they do in terms of battery though, or how hot they get.

My assumption would be the cross handheld and home console thing, with handheld mode having lower graphical settings and texture quality, but plugging into a base will play the games in higher settings.

Thats the wii and da era, thankfully weve already seen proof that era is at an end

the Iphone 7 is more powerful than the WiiU

>And the most lackluster catalogue of a Nintendo console
lolno

Just because you dismissed everything and never played the games on the platform doesn't magically make them not exist. It had the most exclusives out of the 7th gen consoles and I'd argue it had the best as well.

Im no phone expert but i doubt the iphone could run xenoblade x or mk8

They have no reason NOT to.

With Sun and Moon coming out, people will be actively using the system for AT LEAST the entirety of 2017.

If not, then probably for the reason that the screen has too high a resolution for it to run properly.

But it the game was coded ground up for the iPhone 7 and it was allowed to output in 720p, it should be able to handle it.

To that end, ARM solutions really would make a lot of sense.

Thay'd have to dumb down their own products to compete with the "NX". Got it.

It's Tanabe.

wont be sakurai, he got burnt out on smash, I cant see him agreeing to running a gigantic company like nintendo, it would incapacitate him

he has lots of exp though at designing/managing and common sense when it comes to knowing what gamers want

I hope not, because I want him making games rather than overseeing nintendo
however he would be a good fit

after sun and moon in late nov?

nx reveal in december with a release 3 months later?

that's way too close, I don't think so...

too young

No region-lock means censorship can be ignored. You just buy the japanese one.

>but censorship probably will stay
Something is wrong with the entire American localization industry.
If only they could all just leave the industry.

>le let's localize Criminal Girls!
>But let's censor fucking everything for muh power distance and motivation!
Why even bother? I wonder how much it sold.
That censored crap no longer has a purpose. Makes me wonder if they wanted to fail on purpose.

>No region-lock means censorship can be ignored. You just buy the japanese one.
You can ignore but NoA and NoE will continue to censor games

Sakurai

If you dont know japanese how is that going to help you idiot

Only dipshits or full neets that would never translate anything learn japanese.
I dont know why this happens, it just does.
Its no wonder all localizers are SJW retards.

Learn japanese, it's easy.

Easier than killing off the localization team and replacing it.

>. At the moment, he is merely acting president for the year

Thats literally wrong, he said he is the president not for a year but for as long as the board lets him, so likely 20 years or until he dies.

time.com/4131306/nintendo-kimishima-interview/

>He definitely won’t be a one-year president

>He believes people only care about hardware performance

Why do they only list like 5 games?
Check nintendo.com if you want an acurate list of upcoming releases.

>its easy
Its insanely difficult what are you talking about.