ITT: We post friendly reminders

ITT: We post friendly reminders.

Friendly reminder :)

Mass Effect 3 was a good game.

I don't agree, but both have flaws and are inferior to DaS1.

SotFS>DS1>Vanilla DS2>DS3

DaS2 had superior PvP which makes it the superior Souls game.

Kill yourself. DS2 even with SotFS was meh.

I agree OP

My gripe with DS3 is mostly it's replayability. It has great bosses and some areas look great, but fuck me is it boring to play through after the 2nd time. Something DS3 should have kept from 2 is the ability to "revive" bosses so that you can fight then again, albeit at a higher NG+.

I don't think I have to go into the shitty covenants and complete dogshit PvP. Also I was hoping weapon arts would have had more variety between weapon types, like fucking most of the katanas have the same weapon art when there is like 5 of them.

The first gen Pokemon games were objectively shit

DS1>BB>DeS>DS2=DS3

That's the only one true rating.

except the latter half of DS1 is complete shit and DeS is the worst in the series

>DeS is the worst in the series
Spoken like a man who hasn't played it.

W R O N G

I will admit that I fucking despises DS2 when it first shipped.
>art direction looks nothing like Souls and instead is generic fantasy
>game feels floaty as shit until you get used to it
>bosses are uninspired and completely forgettable

But after the DLCs I have to say that as of right now, it was one of my favorite experiences in terms of PVP and playing through the whole game with my bro, and if Bloodborne didn't exist I would be playing DS2 right now instead of 3 or 1

This image is kinda dumb. No one who likes gen 1 the best argues that it's superior on a technical level. I'm not sure who this is for.

DS1>BB>DeS>DS1 post-Anor Londo>DS3>DS2

Skyrim is good without mods.

DaS > DeS > III > II

deadzones

Switch 2 and 3 and your list is pretty good

DS3 is boring dogshit

DS3 didn't have 2's retarded mechanics so I gave it more leniency

Friendly reminder butte>boobe

Dat abdomen tho

>DaS went to shit after Anor Londo

>PvP is the only aspect that matters

Literal cancer.

It did though

>Soul memory
>Limited respawns

>Lost Izalith had great level design

Aside from Lost Izalith and New Londo being clearly unfinished, not really.

>the latter half of DS1 is complete shit
What exactly is so bad about it? I always see this opinion being parroted on here with no explanation. The only bad things about the second half are Lost Izalith, Bed of Chaos and Tomb of the Giants.

The first half had its share of shit as well, like Gaping Dragon and Blighttown.
>b-but u can skip-
Oh, so if I can skip it that means it doesn't exist? Cool, I guess the first half really is 100% perfect then. Wow, when you think about it, everything is great if you just ignore the bad parts! Really gets you ruminating...

And that it makes you backtrack through the Catacombs again and other areas

>Blighttown is shit
t. casual

>backtrack
You get warping.

>Tomb of the Giants
>shit

Tomb of Giants, Izalith, and Londo were all poorly made, the only decent section was Grand Archives.

From ran out of development time on the last sections because Bandai rushed them to release before Skyrim came out.

Honestly the one good thing to come from SM was build variety

Sure there was the broken meta weapons and armor people wore, but that's been in every Souls game, but I felt like I encountered it less in DS2. No one was limited by the stupid SL120 community assigned PVP hotspot and you could see some really cool experimental builds as a result thanks to SM

What's wrong with TotG?

>hmm how can we make this area challenging
>I know, let's make it impossible to see anything unless you've got a lantern or spells, and let's put narrow paths and ledges leading straight to death everywhere, guarded by huge enemies who knock the player away out of nowhere
>DIFFICULTY LMAO

Seriously, get better at the game.

There it is, the classic
>I don't have to defend poor design decisions when I can just say "git gud"
Reponse. What, you don't like shoving rusty nails into your toes? Git gud lmao!

It's a black, empty cave. There's absolutely nothing interesting about it.

Those all sound like positives to me

Shit was fun as he'll to play through the first time

>Tomb of the Giants

tomb of the giants is the comfyest area on the game

you know theres a helm with a light on it right?
I didnt use it either, I used a torch.

Your only argument is that it's bad because you're bad at it. I never had problems with it or felt like it was unfair.

>tons of verticality (snakes and ladders with coffin lids)
>hidden secrets that require venturing off the marked path into the dark
>figuring out how it all connects together using your spatial awareness since you can't see very far
But yeah, it's just empty.

>tfw shit at vidya and will never git gud at the souls games.

They all seem like such magical experiences

Please don't kill my mother.

Nope, everything about getting the 4 lord souls was such a fucking slog, and grand archives being an alright level didn't even come close to making up for it. If they had just rolled the credits after you go up the elevator and talk to the giantess, it would be a better game for it.

Look, Dark Souls is a good game, no one is denying that, but it doesn't change the fact that the team was clearly scrambling by the end to get a product they could push out the door. It all culminated in the utterly insulting anticlimactic Gwyn fight which left such a bad taste in my mouth that I never came back to the game like I did the others. I have played through all the souls games and bloodborne multiple times, but I can't go back to DaS because of how bad a third of the game is.

The best thing that defenders will try to do is they will try to use the "lore" as a justification for the developer's shortcomings
>N-No you see, Gwyn is SUPPOSED to be nearly as weak as the copy-pasted black knights before his fight
>He's old and decrepit, LISTEN TO THE MUSIC GUYS! IT'S SAD
Fuck you if you make this justification. Soul of Cinder is what Gwyn would have been if From bothered to put in any effort.

Fuck you

>everything about getting the 4 lord souls was such a fucking slog because Gwyn is a disappointing final boss

If you think wandering around dark empty rooms is great, Doom 3 must be your favorite game of all time.

TotG isn't empty, though.

There are no torches in DaS.

>It's a the previous game was better even thought it was shit on for years contrarian opinion episode

ITT: Post your best bait

reported

even the image is ps4 quality

Eh, yeah I can agree, 3 fumbled a lot though, I'm glad the MP is still up that being said.

btfo

Blighttown is only bad on consoles because of a shit framerate. It's one of the best areas of the game and the only good "gimmick" area.

I'm a DaS II apologist and even I don't agree with this.

>people still act like FROMgarbage is worth playing

When will this meme end?

If the Grand Archives is actually what the developers wanted then they are lazy hacks. That forest area and crystal caves aside, even the main building itself was one room that they just stacked and mirrored to create the area.

Yes you do.

>hear about how bloodborne is amazing
>play it
>it's fucking overrated garbage

never again, I can't believe I fell for the memes

How can you not like the game with the best level design?

SotFS had better PvP than DaSIII

DaSIII PvP will never be fixed, intentionally

Soul Memory is more in-spirit with Darksouls than level based.

Guaranteed IRL friend-finder Coop in DaSIII is for babies, not in-spirit with Darksouls either.

DaSIII weapon balance is the shittiest of the entire series, even ignoring PvP

>DaSIII weapon balance is the shittiest of the entire series
Examples?

>Forbidden Woods
>Nightmare of Mensis
>Yaharg'hul
>"""Best level design"""

Also there's more to a game than just level design, retard.

>tfw have a nostalgic hard-on for DaSII
Am I the only one? I never finished it, but I found it charming in it's own way while DaSIII just feels like Bloodborne with DaS features/gameplay/aesthetic.

I did not experience this in SOTFS. DS4 for reference.

>example?
everything

DaSIII favors faster+lighter everything more than any game in the series. Unique or boss weapons are typically shit compared to an upgraded starter weapon for Solo AND PvP.

> 3>2

Same man

Me and a buddy co-op'd through the whole game on NG++ and that, tied with our DS3 co-op run, is the most fun I've had playing a game and haven't had that much fun ever since

kek

hipster

>nostalgic hard-on for for a 6 month old game

>DaSIII favors faster+lighter everything more than any game in the series
Same with armor. Not just weapons.

Really didn't like that DaSIII was a reskin of Bloodborne.

is it true that DS3 level design and world is uninspired or is this a meme ?

Is DaS3 really that influenced by BB? If it is I'm not buying it, I fucking hate playing BB.

>DS3 level design and world is uninspired
It has less variety than SotFS / DaSII .... possibly less than DaS1 even.

DaSII people complained was too jarring between some transitions. DaSIII was made into Quake-boogaloo set on repeat because of that.

Better boss variety than DaSII... if it weren't the 3rd game in the series and recycled stuff.

Recycles BB assets. Literally recycled assets in some areas.

I liked it. I prefer DaS1 combat with poise and defense actually mattering, but I still found the faster pace of DaS3 plenty entertaining and satisfying.

>Is DaS3 really that influenced by BB?
Yes, and some of the core Dark Souls mechanics, like heavier armor functionality, was intentionally disabled to fit. Poise is still an armor stat but mechanically does nothing. They literally disabled it in the code.

""Working as intended""

>the faster pace of DaS3
The difference, to me, is more like a button-masher vs Tekken. DaS3 turns into more of a frantic button-combo masher, whereas Tekken requires some strategy and forethought into planning moves due to the mechanics.

I don't know man, I beat plenty of people button mashing with this guy.

I get that feel. I don't know why, but DaSII was way more comfy to play than DaSIII. Certainly had the most comfy hub area.

Eh you know what I mean. DaS3 you can get away with flailing around.

The slower DaS1 or heavier DasII it was easy to put yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time. Meanwhile in DaSIII you can just dodge everything at a moment's notice and land a dozen hits between animations.

I don't really care about recycled assets, I mean in regards to gameplay and enemies.

>PvP

opinion discarded

>in regards to gameplay
Also recycled from BB

>and enemies
Somewhat recycled from BB, but heavily favoring it either way

Overall it's the most recycled game in the entire Souls lineage.

Fuck, I guess I'm skipping it then. Thanks for saving me some money.

Ignore him. I'm not a big Bloodborne fan either, but DaS3 is on par with 1.

About 30% or more of the content is 'Memberberries.
Items, animations, mechanics, gameplay feel, and even characters.
The only thing it snubs in it's nostalgia pandering is DaSII

I wish I was joking.

Wait for the GOTY package, which might hopefully maybe probably not ever actually fix anything or add, god help up, NEW content. Either way, I expect the DLC to be worse than SotFS's DLC.

>Ignore him
Pirate it first and see. It's a reskinned Bloodborne. If you didn't like the feel of BB you won't like the feel of DaSIII

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect is better than TimeSplitters 2. Not by a large margin, but it is better.

Legend of Grimrock 2 is better than Legend of Grimrock. The only thing the original has going for it is the atmosphere, which is completely subjective.

>nostalgic hard-on for for an almost 3 year old game
fix'd

literally nobody has said this, even Miyazaki hates Lost Izalith for being a horizontal space of nothingness

Now I understand why people sometimes compare Souls to Zelda: the cycle.

DaS>BB>DSIII>DeS>DSII
Keep in mind that i love all the soulsborne games, they are all good in their own way.

Nah, you're a cunt.

Local sonygger destroyed live

Saying das 2 is better than das3 doesn't mean you think das 2 is good. You don't know what the zelda cycle is, retard.

Lost Izalith was pretty cool imo