So I'm almost 30 hours into this game and I'm starting to get pretty bored of it

So I'm almost 30 hours into this game and I'm starting to get pretty bored of it.

Does the story every pick up or is it just going to be the same ho-hum political drama?

I thought Cred Forums loved this game? Seriously, nobody is going to defend it?

>Playing XII for the story

Dude, if that's the thing that is dragging you to boreness, then you're playing it the wrong way.

XII True grace comes from the freedom in customization, roaming, incredible AI options, chill induzing soundtrack and Fran's ass

It's a Matsuno game, boring and pretentious political intrigue is all there is to it.

I was pretty hooked on it at first for those very reasons. I loved chasing after the hunts even though there was no way in fuck I could hope to beat them without hours of grinding.

I think now that this one particular part of the game has become story driven I'm starting to grow bored of it.

I played the game for the hunts. Never found Omega Mark XII (fuck navigating the great crystal dude), never found Ultima, never got the Tournesol, Zodiac Spear, or Wyrmhero Blade, never beat Yiazmat (got that fucker to half health using Reverse baiting though...no way am I gonna spend SIX FUCKING HOURS to beat a 50 million HP fucking mist dragon), I am missing something else but I forget what it is. Over 1000 hours just running around the different areas. my favorite is the Port of Balfonheim. maximum comfy

I kinda want to empathize with the characters and their desperate desire to maintain honor and such, but since I barely have any patriotism for my own country I just find their single-minded attitudes boring.

Balthier is the only interesting character so far and maybe Larsa. Some drastic shit needs to go down before the other characters start to reach their level of intrigue.

Don't need to defend it from one autist with no attention span.

>never got the Tournesol, Zodiac Spear, or Wyrmhero Blade, never beat Yiazmat

did you even play FFXII?
getting all the power gear kinda ruined the game to be honest

Ditch the kiddy shit and play some darksouls.

>Does the story every pick up?
Yes, when it's about to finish.

>AIRSHIPS
>CRYSTALS
>CLICHE BAD GUY ARMOR
>EVIL TWINS!
>A COMBAT SYSTEM THAT PLAYS ITSELF
>ALSO FEATURING 3 MAPS IN THE ENTIRE GAME!

If you don't understand that FFXII is undoubtedly the worst in the franchise you are a fucking garbage person

> Never found Omega Mark XII (fuck navigating the great crystal dude)

> he didn use pen a paper to create your own map.
nigga thats half the fun

Shitposters are on school or at work

Game sucks ass, only kids that had it as 'their' Final Fantasy like it.

You can do that with every other FF, except for
>a combat system that plays itself
>preferring ATB where you tediously fight random encounter mobs that require no strategy to defeat so you just keep doing the same shit over and over (hold attack and cure all every once in a while)
ATB and random encounters are shit in Final Fantasy, they were always shit, and now that you're not a child who can actually strategize, there's no defending it.

>this game is tedious so lets just make it do everything on it's own

also you didn't admit that the story was probably the worst hunk of garbage square has ever shit out

>30 hours in
the story part last act was literally cut to save money on voice acting. you won't get another plot development until you end the game, which will be soon

If you want to play a FF game on PS2, go with X International Version, and make it your mission to defeat the Dark Aeons.

The narrative isn't that great so most of the story probably went over players' heads. It also wasn't really character focused so it lost appeal there. I wouldn't say it's "bad" as much as it's "unrelatable" and poorly communicated.

And yeah, tedious shit should be eliminated, but it depends on the player, since some people may not feel challenged or rewarded for picking the ranged ball guy to defeat the flying guy, or holding down the attack button to deal with random mobs who present no challenge. It's more fun to customize and optimize a party to deal with various situations and tweaking them as necessary. Plus it lets you handle character positioning in battle, something that's entirely absent in the mainline series otherwise.

X isn't very good and the endgame is the worst part about it