Hey Cred Forums

Hey Cred Forums,

I'm looking for an easy to use plug&play controller to use on my PC.

I recently got into PS1-emulation and also bought Dark Souls on PC, so I want a controller that works reliably for both.
Everybody tells me that the Xbox controller (which one?) is the way to go, because that's apparently the only controller that works perfectly for everything on PC.

Is that true? Personally, I prefer the Playstation controller layout, but I can't find a good PSX style dual analogue controller that is as well received as the xbox controller.

Would appreciate a few ideas on what to buy.

Other urls found in this thread:

betterds3.ciebiera.net/
amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Controller-Cable-Windows/dp/B00O65I2VY/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1475083590&sr=1-1&keywords=wired xbox one controller
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Xbox 360 controller
it's made by Microsoft
who also happens to make your operating system
which is why it works so smoothly
it's their product

Best bet is the Xbone pad.

It has a decent build quality, works seamlessly with pretty much everything (since it's got more or less the same drivers as the 360 pad), and to top it off the dpad is actually good this time. So it covers both modern games and retro stuff that would benefit from dpad control.

I've had good luck with the 360 Rock Candy controller. It was pretty cheap and compatible with everything. Feels pretty nice, too.

You can get the PS3 controller working on the PC if you jump through some hoops.

You can use a dualshock3 if you want to
Don't install motionInJoy though, it's probably malware
Get betterds3.ciebiera.net/ or pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Controller:DualShock_3

The xbox pads do work perfectly with windows, plug and play, pretty much every modern game supports it (in terms of games where controllers are relevant, obviously this doesn't apply to RTSes and 4Xes and such).

PS3/4 pads will run on PC just fine, afaik they just require an additional driver that you might have to locate and install manually.

Personally I have some old PS3 pads and a 360 pad, I don't like them but they run fine.

X360 wired is the best option.

no fucking around, you plug it in and itll work.

also works perfectly for my ps1 emulation and feels good.

Get an Xbone controller, if you're gonna play PS1 games, the Xbone has a way better D-Pad
I got one for like 30 bucks, you just need a Micro USB to plug it in and you can get the drivers off Microsoft's site

Still using my 360 controller that I got with my Xbox maaaaaaaaany years ago, the thumbsticks are fucked now but I'm getting another one. Can't go wrong with them.
Xbone has a better d-pad if you need it but it doesn't bother me and 360 controllers are dirt cheap.

Thanks for all your answers!

>Get an Xbone controller, if you're gonna play PS1 games, the Xbone has a way better D-Pad

I wanted to to exactly that, because the Dpad really does look better.
Problem is, I only found the wireless version and I'm not going to shell out 60 eurobucks for a damn controller.

Is there a wired(!) version for the Xbox ONE controller? I only found wireless, which is probably why the damn thing is so much more expensive.

Also voting for Xbone pad, it werks excellently
also you can get a bluetooth wireless adapter for it if you're a cord cutter like me, or you can just use it on microusb as a normal cable controller. It's worked on every game I've tried so far.

SPC FOR PS3 CONTROLLERS ITS EASY AS FUCK AND IT JUST WERKSSSS
NO CHINK ADS

If you have a Ps3 controller grab SCP tools. If you have a BBC wired Xbox360 controller literally just plug it in.

On burgerstan Amazon they have them for like $42 last I checked.

amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Controller-Cable-Windows/dp/B00O65I2VY/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1475083590&sr=1-1&keywords=wired xbox one controller

Dunno if they have the equivalent price in Euroland, but it is a thing that exists.

There are Wired Xbox one controllers but they suffer from being poorly made...I got a wired one for half the cost of a new one and I got what I payed for, half the quality, see if you can find an original one used, the new ones have the headphone jack and are usually more expensive

DS3

I have xbox 360 wireless controller. I play mostly JRPGs and its D-pad is a fucking disaster...
Will buy DS4 soon and will connect it via bluetooth.

fucking idiot

Rock candy controllers are surprisingly good. I spent $15 on one and it feels great in my hands. No rumble though

>its D-pad is a fucking disaster
Do you have the first controller, the one with gray sticks? The xbox slim controller dpad is perfect for anything that isn't a fighting game.

Xbone and DS4 are piss easy and the best. What ever you do, don't buy those logic controllers or 360 controller. The logic controllers, despite having good reviews online, are absolutely awful in every way. The good reviews online completely baffles me. 360 controller has worse d pad of all time.
Xbone and DS4 aren't cheap but they're worth the money.