A structured Minecraft JRPG with a Dragon Quest paint job

>a structured Minecraft JRPG with a Dragon Quest paint job
>has put out a demo
>will be for PS4 and Vita

Tell me right now why you aren't gonna buy this game?

does it have multiplayer

No. They had a good concept, and fucked up hard by not adding multiplayer.

I already have it preordered though

Im playing the demo and is fun but probably wont buy it soon because other Vita games have higher priority (World of FF)

University and I'm poor. It seems cool though.

Thanks for reminding me user. I have to make some space to download the demo

just an excused to make a sequel then.

Is it true that you can barely dig downward?

holy hell user - it's too bad i don't have either a ps4 or a vita or id be all over this motherfucker.

Don't have a ps4 or vita. If they release it for Xbox or PC I would

I don't like crafting games.

This is what i thought Minecraft Adventure mode would turn into eventually, and not the half baked piece of crap that it currently is.

This is true, played the JP version for 40 hours. You can't go below sea level unless it's a generated dungeon/cave.

Why buy when I can pirate it?

>pirate this game

user.....
I.... I'm sorry.

What are the differences between the Vita and PS4 versions, other than the obvious change in resolution?

It's basically Minecraft for people who doesn't like Minecraft. I'm actually going to buy it.

I dont have a cheap Blu-ray player nor sony's only bad handheld.

What do you mean? Henkaku, install the vpk, and you're done

Oh, I didn't mean immediately.

The Vita is just a little away from Piracy, and I have one with Henkaku.

>its basically minecraft for people that don't have friends
ftfy

Isn't Vita pretty much piratable right now?

>Minecraft
You lost me

Yes, he's just memeing

>copying the minecraft gimmick

MAN THAT SURE WORKED OUT WHEN HARVEST MOON DID IT

It didn't, it made for a poor game and sold like shit

o shit i didn't realize.
i have a vita tv so i wonder if by extension that's hackable too

But i'm buying it for PS4. Squenix makes good games with Dragon Quest so I think they deserve support.

Does the demo end once you enter the teleporter?

>To pay respects (F:)

Immediately once you enter the teleporter :(
You get kicked out and it says "end of demo!"

Getting it for PS4

PSTV is hackable too. You literally go to a site while you have 3.60 and you're done. A group is working on a micro sd to whatever the fuck proprietary memory card

if vita tv is at 3.60, yes you can pirate ALL vita games

I don't like Minecraft.

fuck i don't even have a card for it shit.

Bought it for the $40 and got like 3 physical games I wanted to play on it.

I think i'm gonna pass on this exploit for now.

I thought newer games required the latest firmware

>on vita
You can pirate it, buddy.

I believe you can spoof it. Just like how you can connect to PSN after installing the exploit

This, who the fuck wants to play these building games alone?

>Dragon Quest
Into the trash it goes.

You can't at the moment, but it's highly unlikely DQB will require 3.61. Even if it does, someone will just patch the JP version with the EN files.

Why are people treating this game like a straight up Minecraft clone? That isn't what it is at all. It's a full fledged Action RPG with a story and building/destruction mechanics. The only thing it has in common with Minecraft is the fact that you can destroy and place blocks.

>full fledged action rpg with a story

that is also surrounded by meandering crafting, farming of blocks and building.

It's closer to Terraria than Minecraft, but guess what Terraria is?

Anyome with the psvita demo know how to reset the screen? Its not working for me.

Can't spoof it. 3.61 adds syscalls that can't be performed on older firmware. Games that use it won't be happening for a long time, if ever. We'll need real CFW support, and even then it will require reverse engineering the new firmware so it emulate the new syscalls.

Also this. It's more like Dark Cloud than Minecraft. The worlds aren't even procedurally generated.

What I'm saying is that people are acting like because it's single player only, that somehow detracts from how fun the game is going to be, but they don't seem to realize that the DQB world is a lot more alive than Minecraft or its clones and it actually has a story to follow. You aren't going to boot up Dragon Quest Builders just to build random shit 24/7 since that's all you can do. There's other shit to sink your time into.

Oh boy. With the community being so fucked up, I'm gonna not gonna hold my breath.

I don't like Dragon Quest or Minecraft.

Try the demo. It doesn't lean heavily towards one or the other and feels like a fresh take on its own thing. It's really a lot of fun.

Why the fuck would i want to play with a bunch of autistic 12 year old meme spouting centennial faggots?

if you update, you fuck yourself out of it for a very long time. Basically nobody is even trying to exploit above 3.60 and barring any major discoveries, this is the only real hack there will be.

>that feeling when you start to want other jrpgs to do minecraft spin offs

I can deal with the blocky aesthetic but if other games can make it work without that then I'd be more down. Something like atelier meruru where the plot is building and expanding your kingdom by exploring and crafting but instead of zones and turn based battles, it's a bit more open and you're just using hit and run tactics with silly bombs.

Maybe i just want cute girls doing cute things in an overworld with crafting, iunno.

>Tell me right now why you aren't gonna buy this game?

Because we can pirate Vita games now

The community isn't composed exclusively of english-speaking people.

The chinese are pretty cool, and they're already working on a way to play 3.61 games or a CFW based around Henkaku most likely.

>the chinese are pretty cool

t. Wang Dong

you mean the scene?

>Tell me right now why you aren't gonna buy this game?
>will be for PS4 and Vita

so how do you actually do this, currently in the process of installing henkaku

Can I build a prison and put monsters into it to in effect create my own dungeons?
If not then likely no.

Have they made one of those microSD>vita memory stick converter yet?

Have a memory card, visit henkaku.xyz in the browser, and that's it. You can use qcma or molecule/vita shell to transfer games. Go on /vg/ and look at the guides on /hbg/

I have the japanese version on my Vita already but I'm guess I'm gonna wait for the english version.
Its pretty fun.

Not yet.

Damn, gonna have to wait since that shit is expensive here and importing is a no go at the moment.

Hang tight user. I'm here for you

I wish I had known about HENKaku before 3.61 happened. Last time I checked on the Vita hack scene can't have been more than a couple months ago and they had only PSP homebrew running. When did all this happen?

All said, though, I will happily pay for DQ Builders though perhaps not at its full price. I wish it were cross-buy, but only indie games ever are. Maybe those devs know that cross-buy and -play will draw more customers, but just like SE they have to port their games, which costs dollars.

3.61 happened because of Henkaku. Even internally it's named "Henkaku killer"

I'm playing the demo and this game is surprisingly a ton of fun and really comfy. Most definitely going to buy it on ps4.

Naturally; I usually assume most .x1 updates are for squashing sploits. At this point though I have spent such money on the PS Store that to risk losing them would feel like a waste, even if I could just pirate them again. My PS4 library would suffer, though.

I don't know how likely Sony is to catch and excommunicate you; has it happened to anyone here?

Literally the cancer killing vidya.

Not much outside that.

It'll require 3.61.

wat group

Good thing the japanese version is out for so long and after pirating it I already know it's worth my time.

day one buy. the overworld theme will never not make me feel hard, dat nostalgia for DW1/2 & DWM on GBC

Because I'm poor and there a bunch of other JRPGs I need to buy first.

A small group of devs, can't say