Yooka-Laylee

What are the chances of Yooka Laylee being a flop?

youtube.com/watch?v=oqmF8IgxtJ0

It won't be a flop, too much passion behind it.
It might end up being slightly disappointing because of the hype around it, however.

Relatively high

At best, it'll just be a Banjo-Kazooie remake minus the humour that made the original good. At worst, it will remind us of why 3D mascot platformers died out in the 6th gen and should have stayed dead. Nostalgiafags will praise it for returning them to the childhood they never left, and everyone else will just move along.

Couldn't give a shit if its a flop , but I don't think it will be. People want a spiritual successor to Banjo, and that's what it looks likre. I've wanted a comfy collectathon in the Rareware mould for a fucking age, and its finally coming! HYPE.

There can't be a Banjo successor if it has nothing equivalent to our beautiful Mistress Gruntilda.

I never liked Banjo so I will pass on this.

>minus the humour that made the original good

>kartos, god of ore

>Flop
Well it has already been paid for, so any money they make is profit.

The KS was only an interest check for additional funds. They had a publisher and investors before they even started.

The game is made with Unity engine, though. So it's very much fucked. That PS4 version footage they showed at EGX was shockingly bad at times.

I've seen some things that worry me. Key among them is how the devs said you'll be able to buy abilities "in almost any order" at EGX. The original Banjo games' method of giving out abilities in specific areas and situations was great design, because it allowed an immediate teaching moment for the player. Throwing all the abilities in one area and letting you get them as you choose feels lazy.

ree

>too much passion behind it.

they lost this argument when they shoved the shovel knight in the game

Autism Collectathon games are long since dead.
They're boring as shit.
It'll likely be forgotten within a week of release.

They didnt evolve, its just a n64 platformer with better graphics. From the gameplay videos i ve seen.

I hope they upgrade the fps to 60, and work on textures a bit more. So far its a solid 4/10. I wont buy it, i wanna see how it plays first and how much they polish it

Game was crowd funded.
People funded the game and pleaded for Shovel knight.
Blame the backers.

Maybe they'll do it well and every area will support every ability properly.

That's cause of the PS4, not the engine.

>Trouser. The snake. He is a snake in pants
>all names are plays on words, jokes at other games, and puns.
>minus the humour.
You obviously haven't taken a single looks at this game since it's kickstarter.

They already said the build at EGX was like 3 months old.

yes, that's the exact problem
nothing forced them to agree on this, even if people were to retract their support, it wouldn't matter because a good game will always sell.

you know, this year we got a game that tried to cash as much as possible on per-orders and early content to sink your 2 hours refund right because people would notice the game is as deep as a puddle.

it's a clear red flag, but people are free to run into it, the economy would be busted if all consumers had a brain anyway

Just thinking of the shitstorm if there's a Banjo appearance in the Xbone/W10 version since Team 17 has a really close relationship with MS and Rare lately (Like the Worms WMD Rare DLC).

Cred Forums wouldn't survive.

You'd expect people who created miracles for years on N64 hardware to be able to handle Unity though. 30FPS cap on consoles and even on PS4 Pro I bet.

And the game is out in Q1 2017. It's time to be concerned.

Some people were more Spyro and Crash Bandicoot people. For fairly obvious reasons.

>passion for the game magically vanished when a small cameo was added to the game.

Fuck I remember a time when everyone was fucking pumped to find cameos in games. What the fuck happened?

It's being published by Team17, so quite high.

retards want to fake hate it to be cool

CAPITALISTIC CORPORATE CROSS PROMOTION.

because it's the same fucking cameo that's been in like 20 games already
I'm sick of all these "indie" games having to be all incestuously cross-referential, why can't they just be their own things?

>Fuck I remember a time when everyone was fucking pumped to find cameos in games. What the fuck happened?

nothing, but there's a difference between a cameo and an obvious out of place NPC
it just shows that they make a game for retards, so they have to shove the cameo in your face.

But Yooka Laylee is trying to be it's own game from Shovel Knight. It's just a reference so you don't need to get your autism in a twist.

>Fuck I remember a time when everyone was fucking pumped to find cameos in games.

Because those were times when a cameo was usually from the same publisher, same development team, or at the very least made some semblance of in-universe sense.

Now we have the indie clique circlejerking their one-hit wonders at every opportunity, and it's disgusting.

Hows that Sonic in DKC2.

>why can't they just be their own things?

Holy shit fuck off m8

I saw you comment on youtube and on everywhere with this same fucking phrase

fucking kill yourself you filth I'm not even joking

Sonic didn't give you a faggot quest you stupid nigger. You only saw his shoes and it wasn't even a call-back.

None. British developers are rock solid in terms of quality. Rockstar, Rock steady and old rare i.e. Playtonic are gods of their craft.

>Just thinking of the shitstorm if there's a Banjo appearance in the Xbone/W10 version
I think it would be cool to have cameos from popular 3d platformers on each platform
>WiiU - Donkey Kong
>Xbone - Banjo and Kazooie
>PS4 - Crash or Spyro
>PC - Raz or Alice

First post best post. This. People hype the game a bit too much, disappointment is bound to happens. But the game is going to be pretty solid.

You guys being negative nancies are cunts. Give it a chance and don't over hype it. That is how you enjoy a good game. You imbeciles.

>Sonic didn't give you a faggot quest
Can you even hear yourself you absolute fucking parrot?
End your life today.

*cough* no mans sky *cough* But yeah I think this will be good, they are proper industry veterans, not Nu-male flash in the pan types.

How about I kick your stupid ass right now.

I'm worried after they decided to add video game crossovers.

Did Shovel Knight give you a quest in Yooka-Laylee?
All I saw was a text bubble saying his adventures ended him up in a different game.
Not all NPCs in Banjo gave missions. Some just taught you stuff or said shit.

>all these MN9 backers claiming cameos are bad for all these arbitrary reasons that they make up

Where did this hate for Shovel Knight come from

No he is Irish. Shut up we should send him to the colonies to forget about him.

Well, I'll reserve judgement until I see more of it but it already looks pretty soulless to me.

>where did all this hate for a popular game come from
Where do you think you.rar

MN9 backers.
They can't deal with their terrible decision in a reasonable manner so they attempt to Scream titanic at every other Kickstarter game that has even the slightest bump in it's road.
Just so they can cope.

Hello Games are British

i never said anything like that on youtube but ok

Theyre aussies dummy

No shut up though. God damn colonists know the truth. Back to the plantations with you dissident!