Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X1rCpcC_-Ps
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What the fuck is "crunch?"

I'm scared because this is slowly coming to fruition

>Crunch will be rare, always be a choice, and always compensated

What did she mean by this?

Tomberlone

Crunch time, working lots of overtime, sleeping in the office.

Working overtime, especially at the final days of a project

Working yourself to death to make sure the game comes out on time.

crunch time is like that super hectic time before you gotta finish up and get it all done because the publisher doesnt think youre doing it fast enough

what this dumb bitch is basically saying is that if youre falling behind you should be given the option to extend the release date in order to produce a quality product instead of being forced into overworking

>What the fuck is "crunch?"

If you don't work in the industry, or even know basic terminology, why bother to comment?

Crunch is the massive overtime (think 80 hours/week) in the weeks/months leading up to release.

all wrong because the future of this industry is when all these people that have amazingly innovative ideas for videogames and technology actually realize those ideas

I agree with most, but not in the way that she thinks

>won't a deterrent

>she doesn't like crunchy peanut butter
Fucking shit taste

Sounds good on paper but that could translate into more dlc

1- irrelevant
2- they need to do good games, nothing else required
3- see 2
4- like above
5 I think she's talking about overtime so ok I guess

2/10 see you after school

youtube.com/watch?v=X1rCpcC_-Ps

>80 hours/week is considered massive overtime
lol first world kill me

how is that dumb

Making vidya would be a fucking dream job. I wouldn't consider overtime "crunch" in any regard if I'm doing something I love, but then again I don't have a job in the industry obtained through nepotism or outright sucking dick like most of these "developers".

I hate when poeple do powerpoints like this

Why wven fycking bother if you are going to invest 0 effort in you slides

The day innovation comes to vidya is the day marketing fails to sell the games put out worldwide

Maybe not fall behind? Dozens of other industries manage it on a daily basis. It's like video game development is the catch pan for all the losers who wouldn't cut it in an actual company.

People like to throw around this 80 hours a week number but im betting its more like 50 because game devs are whiny lazy faggots

>I wouldn't consider overtime "crunch" in any regard if I'm doing something I love
>but then again I don't have a job

Clearly.

It's meant to highlight key points but the main presentation is coming out of her mouth you dumb nigger. Sorry not all pictures come with audio so your primitive brain can comprehend what's going on.

>The games people play will be far more varied and diverse in type, content and origin
>origin

What does this even mean? We had diverse vidya before publishers just banked on a couple of big-budget mass appeal releases.

Muh transgender puzzle visual novels coded by third world immigrants with dyed hair.

japanese people are white
white people are evil
we need white people to give their evil money to black women with bald heads so they can make walking simulators based on the theme of eliminating white people
but no non-japanese asians are allowed because they're basically japanese
also, if you don't have feces on your penis right now you need to be put to death

t. bobby kotick

Origin isn't that hard to comprehend user. She's saying it would be nice if 99% of all games didn't just come from the US and Japan with 70% of that 99% coming from Japan. I agree. Who knows what kind of experience we'd get to enjoy if the Middle East or Africa or other places made a few good games.

I agree, but for different reasons than what she's pushing.

>Making vidya would be a fucking dream job. I wouldn't consider overtime "crunch" in any regard if I'm doing something I love

It's exactly this kind of mentality that makes working conditions in the game industry some of the worst out there.

"You're making video games! This is fun!" is exactly what publishers want you to think when they treat you like a slave.

she's probably talking about ethnicity and indie/AAA

Also even if you are doing something you love, that doesn't mean it's something you want to give up the rest of your life to do.

Video games is my main hobby, but I'd kill myself if that's literally all I had in life.

>those who make games will better reflect those who play games
so, she wants to wage a war of extermination on mums and little girls who play mobile games, replacing them with the soulless asian robots who actually put out a hundred of these things a year?

Some old gay pirate who makes shitty cereal out of gravel and fiberglass.

>The future is when
That makes no sense. You don't decide when the future "is".
>The artistic value of games will no longer be an issue.
Why does the "video games aren't art" debate matter?
>Those who make games will better reflect those who play games.
True.
>The games people play will be far more varied and (((diverse))) in type, content, "origin".
A variety of games is good. I don't want a thousand CoD clones either but I think this talking point was about brown people and women.
>Working conditions and demographics won't be a deterrent to a career in game development.
It's hard work and your demographic is straight white males.
>Crunch will be rare, always a choice, and always compensated.
You don't decide if you're going to finish a project or not and you don't get compensation for not meeting deadlines.

For most roles, making vidya is fun in the same way that peeling and chopping several hundred kilos of carrots is enjoyable for someone who enjoys eating meals

1) no, because you should always question art
2) How about "those who want games learn to make them through the various and copious amounts of materials available online and help create their own visions instead of trying to trounce on someone else's (unless of course its a triple A Multi Console multiplayer game, because they should be made available to all)
3) I mean... fuck... if its one thing videogames have always had is variety. You can go back to Atari and see diversity... so thats a shithead clueless "I only know about the current top 5 most popular games ever at any given time" mentality that will eventually be pushed out of gaming because they are retarded.
4)not sure what that means...like, its two separate points that dont make sense together or apart.
5)naw, thats shit. Sometimes overtime is a necessary evil. I am for employers actually paying their wages though.

Powerpoints should have graphs, pictures, and some (very) pared down key points to remind your audience and you if you don't think you know your own material

No cost for DLC and no more broken / death games

I want to believe

>working conditions and demographics wont be a deterrent

the entire CS field is literally chock full of indians or chinese, how could you make it MORE open?

Well first off those countries need to stop living in tbe 1400's to actually make a game industry of their own.

She's referring to the massive amounts of overtime some people have to work when a project's close to release.

In addition most game devs are salary, not hourly, so they get no overtime.

>black text on a white background
>acceptable
>just fucking exporting your speech to a slide

Stop enabling lazyness. Its not like this shit is for note making purposes.

You're thinking of indie devs like Grigs.

The bigger companies funded by major publishers most likely do have employees work 80/week, with no overtime, when a game's about to be released.

These people are so full of themselves, we need more people that actually know and give a shit about games talking and not these first graders.

>igda

Isn't that some soros funded jew puppet organization pushing anti-white agenda into video games?

Ignore the "muh sjw conspiracy" faggots, she means having more companies out there.

More smaller companies=more competition, more creativity, and more unique design. It also means an overall healthier economy.

Most AAA games are funded by the same handful of publishers who demand a certain type of game be made. It stifles creativity and homogenizes design.

Crunch time can stay if it's properly compensated. Companies like EA are the main offender of this where they overwork workers without compensation and STILL produce shitty games

>Why dies the art debate matter?

Because it makes devs into tryhard faggots obsessed with "muh artistic vision" so they can prove to mommy and daddy they aren't wasting their lives.

How bad at your job do you have to be to not check for mistakes before doing presentations? Fucking gamers.

There are near-constant accounts coming out of the industry of mandatory expected crunch time without pay. Not devs who screw up, just standard practice.

>Us and Israel constantly do everything they can to disrupt the Middle East to keep oil prices cheap
>Rest of the world constantly fucks with all of Africa to exploit all their natural resources
>Wow. Why don't these guys just build something modern?

First, besides Africa, the living conditions really aren't that bad. Second, the ability to program has fuck all to do with a country's culture or infrastructure, whichever you are referring to. Last, you can't really bitch at them for not having skyscrapers when all you do is make sure they never can.

Well the arabs are almost there and africans have no money.
But damn, can you imagine an arab mafia game or something? That shit would be dope.

>implying
Maybe if your mouth wasn't made of paper you could enjoy a Patricians breakfast you fucking dunce

Do the devs or people who work in the industry do anything about it or do they just shut their mouths and put their noses to the grindstone?

I'm guessing that they tried to do something, but it amounted to practically nothing and the status quo remained the same.

Crunch is the fuck up of the management if its accidental. EA-type of "always crunch"-policy is just plain abuse of worker's rights.

Well yeah, nothing on there is wrong. The second point is especially good because for the makers to better reflect the players means all of the SJWs and "progressives" will need to get out of the industry.

I think they normally just shut their mouths in an attempt to keep their jobs after the project is over.

More White Women
So more Affirmative Action & Lower Standards

I fucking hate white women

>Given the opportunity to voice your opinions to a lot of people; desperately want them to love you and put you on the pedestal for even an hour or two.
>Either don't double-check your notes or fail to pick up on basic errors.

Come on lady, don't half-ass the important shit.

>the players means all of the SJWs and "progressives" will need to get out of the industry

because "gamers" are known for their conservative views

Crunch happens all over the tech industry, the problem is that video games have marketed deadlines that fans actually care about in the masses.

Ever since GG they sure have been. What a fucking mess.

White males?

I thought almost all major and minor studios face some form of Crunch time as when you're about to go gold, you want to recheck everything and make sure it's all in place because you can't fix it once the game is out the door. We got game updates now but a day one game breaking bug will tank a game and cost time and money in updates.

I do find it hard to believe that a developer could have a choice for crunch time and for it to be rare especially with AAA gaming development.

how does the origin of an arab mafia game mater? a british man could make that. its just adjectives and stories. the gameplay mechanics would be the exact same.

>Why comment

I dont work in the industry but i play games you cunt

>Control conference 2016

That sounds like nothing any sane person should be a part of.

>as a black man you can't enjoy a book unless it has black characters and was also written by a black woman.

>what this dumb bitch is basically saying is that if youre falling behind you should be given the option to extend the release date in order to produce a quality product instead of being forced into overworking.

Problem is in shithouses like EA, managers deliberately design the deadline so that it has ridiculous levels of crunch.

Uh yes? It's the same for every race, people do not like watching or playing as things they are not, whites want whites, blacks want blacks etc, this is just biology.

First three points are meaningless.

Last two points are idealised fiction, in every industry in every time period until human nature fundamentally changes into something 'post human' in the same way humans are 'post homo erectus.'

Over what timeframe? Whats their salary?

no matter how much you like your job, there's diminishing returns in working too many consecutive hours. your boss will bitch about you delivering a sub par product despite clocking more hours and you get home and realize "shit, since i worked late i have less free time before i gotta wake up and get back to work again".

then you do the commute and wonder if you getting into a minor traffic accident would be worth it just so you could catch a decent break from the bullshit. it's not like you were accomplishing anything of note due to your company's shitty work ethic anyway

Cultural influences can play a lot into the development of a game. I'm sure the witcher would be far different developed in a different part of the world

lol you'll never fix the game industry until you fix the corruption surrounding it.
the reason most games are garbage is due to corruption. aka the stock market is still a den of thieves instead of a legitimate way to get funding. this breeds all manner of parasitic organisms.

>people do not like watching or playing as things they are not

Maybe entry level normies.

How dumb do you have to be to not be able to identify with a human being just because their skin color is different than yours.

what gameplay mechanics would be different? give some examples. I assume you are not polish so you must be able to offer some perspective as to how your country of origin would have changed the way you play the game

well because you grew up in public school and they talked about racism alot, racism is a relevant issue dont be racist remeber races exist. you're supposed to think about other races, there's other races. Remember that there's other races. But don't be racist! Think about those other races, and how they exist. There's other races. They're different and other races they have differences etc race. race race race.

>Can't watch Finding Nemo because I'm not a fish.

>people do not like watching or playing as things they are not
I like playing as sexy women, I am neither sexy nor a woman.

I guess you're right if you replace 'people' with 'a lot of people.' It's the same as how it's uncommon for a non-white or a female to take the lead role in a Hollywood film. That's just mainstream taste. But film enthusiasts, just like vidya enthusiasts, don't actually care about the colour of the protagonist or whether they have boobs and vaginas.

So you're right in terms of mass market, and wrong in terms of enthusiasts.

>Finding Nemo
Kanye's favourite film.

>That makes no sense. You don't decide when the future "is".
This is a problem of the myth of progress. Many nowadays think the future is somehow supposed to be always better. When in fact, history seems to be more like alterned cycles than a path to progress.

>A variety of games is good.
But do people support actual variety and not the variety they use as buzzword. For example, it doesn't seem likely they support rape in video games.

>your demographic is straight white males.
Not for long in America.

>Why does the "video games aren't art" debate matter?

Because trying to figure out truth matter, especially in the context of a related subject.

I don't care what the fuck they say. How about teaching kids how to analyze situations? How to treat everyone equally on a personal level, but also how to notice inequalities in others.

I hate you type of people. Not for your opinion, but how you break apart sentences and paragraphs to udder mine or neglect the context of writting.

Have you ever been in a conversation with a person when you're next to each other talking face to face in the same room?

The only people who would interup someone like that are niggles and deaf people.

>How about teaching kids how to analyze situations?
wow, yea, they're EVER going to do that.
YEA, you could really maintain any kind of control of people didn't only execute programmed in A = B logic exclusively and didn't immediately cave in to any kind of peer pressure. they wouldn't be completely dependent fucks that required someone to wipe their ass the instant something exited their programmed in field of "expertise" (that they have no innate understanding of). know your place, don't open your big dumb mouth and spout some ridiculous nonsense.

>udder mine

There are more independent companies making games now than ever before. They are called indies, and a good 98% of them suck

where did he neglect the context of all the writing? seems to me he was just quoting the parts he wanted to comment on

later

Got to love how she had to throw in that last one just to nail home the fact she is a lazy cunt who wants the entire industry to change around her.

>implying he's a burger
Yes the US is Evil and entirely responsible for the Middle East not being a paragon of human achievement. If it weren't for those dastardly Americans surely the region would excel in all endeavors.

>study applied computer graphics in college ao i can maek the vidya gaems.
>realize too late this is a bad idea, im not an asset to teams, and i actually cant stand it
>2 late, have a degree in it and no prospects
>somehow manage to land a job in petroleum pipeline repairs ( clockspring).
>get a company truck, make 30 usd/hr, full medical coverage, and frequent double overtime.
>plus, im not contemplating suicide every othet moment anymore.
Dont fall for the salary meem kids. Find an employer who fucking pays you for your time.

I don't see anyhting wrong with that.
>Implying more people making video games is bad
Do you want less video games?
>Implying projects being planned out better and making the development process go smother wouldn't be preferable to finishing the game in a rush and having to fix mistakes with patches
OP wants this to be a SJW thread.

I have never once refused to play a game because of the race or gender of the MC, that's something tumblr and brainwashed Cred Forums kids do. I'll gladly play as any race or gender as long as the game is entertaining. The black-washing of games like BF1 doesn't bother me because I think the game is fun, however games like mafia 3 and watch_dogs 2 look like ass so I'm not interested.

1-2: Practically irrelevant
3: I don't really know what that looks like in practice, but I don't see any problem with that
4: Well yeah, obviously you don't want qualified people turned off from working in your industry by the crazy work load and deadlines that are often given
5: Aren't you legally required to pay time & a half for overtime?

No real big complaints with her points, there's just nothing really groundbreaking there. I don't know, maybe it works better within her presentation as a whole.

>how to notice inequalities in others
Because pointing out negative things about those with less privilege than you ought to be a hate crime punishable by death

Kek

I'm mad jelly because that's what I want to do. Where do you work? Texas?

I work in tech and this isn't true. Good companies budget time appropriately and view working overtime as a sign that the project management was bad.

>Crunch will be rare
>a choice

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

this. the games would just be derivatives of whatever US/Europe and Japan have done.
the battlefield games are made by swedes, but can you really tell much of a difference between bf and call of duty?

wow the glorious western video game industry will surpass and beat the shit out of the shitty japanese industry even more

>What is scope creep?

>Those who make games will better reflect those who play games

So, you know, like it was in the fucking 90s

Because it only happens when you don't do what you committed to.

It's your fault for not hitting the targets you agree to, so you SHOULD be putting the over time in because YOU failed, not moan about it as want more

She's talking about games that handle controversial subjects, like pedophilia or interspecies sex.

t. someone who has never worked a job

ITT: Underage ask how jobs work

>Cred Forums kids are everyone who doesn't agree with me

I don't like playing as a female MC. If you force me into that role, I probably won't play your game. Why? Because I don't identify with the way that MC usually interprets situations in the game.

There are exceptions to that. The biggest one I can think of is Metroid. But the point is, the more feminine the MC is and I am forced to play that way, the less likely I'll bother to play your game.

>Control Conference
>control

WTF they want?

>demographics won't a deterrent

I would actually get up and walk out.

Well we'll never know since you went out of your way to make sure it never happens.

Just fyi, Arabs made several scientific and philosophical achievements when they were given the chance. The numbering system we have to today was created by Arabs for example.

Go back to fucking your sister faggot. You obviously aren't educated enough to have a proper conversation.

>Because I don't identify with the way that MC usually interprets situations in the game.

Do you have any examples of games that put you off because of the female protagonist? What about the situations didn't you identify with?

>Implying you wouldn't a deterrent

You can just tell she's never really worked in videogame devevolpment.

I have to say that crunch is inevitable, and I would love when that time comes cause I know that finally this shit will be coming out and we will see some effort recgonition, cmon, getting into game development isnt something like you end up doing because there is nothing else to do, you can go to McDonalds if you don't like working with games, then.

Being paid to make and test games is a fucking dream, working double time at an office fueled by pizza and cofee, stinking cause you don't take a shower for 3 days, seeing the sunset through the window of the office and smiling cause the best time is coming. Oh, why I born in a third world country where my skills will never be recgonized and there is no reason to develop them.

Faggot.

The only question you need to ask is: "IS THE GAME GOOD?" Not playing a game for this faggity reason puts you in the same subhuman class as SJWs.

Of course, if the MC is female for "diversity" or "empowerment", then it probably does suck, since the devs went out of their way to market the game on a platform other than mechanics.

It's been a while since I bothered with that subject but I remember Lightning in FFXIII really ruined the game for me. I gave it a shot because I liked the series but she was an insufferable cunt making dumbass decisions all game. That was the very first game I never finished since the NES days.

I know there were one or two others that really bothered me too but I can't recall them at the moment.

I like your question and I'd like to indulge you more but unfortunately I'm not in a place where I can do the research to recall my issues with these MCs.

Not if it looked like that I wouldn't

That ones a successful deterrent

What she's saying is perfectly agreeable
What she actually means is probably something completely different

Sorry homo. You may not give a shit about story but I do. One of my favorite types of games are RPGs that allow me to get different ending and feel like I made a difference in that world through quests.

Being forced to be a chick and react like one kills the game for me.

Now if you're talking about an action game like Earthworm Jim or something and the MC is a chick, then it probably won't matter to me as long as it's not screaming GIRL POWER every 5 seconds.

I'm not "interup"ting anyone and I don't mean to "udder mine" their points. The talking points are listed in the image and I was asked if I agree. I broke it down like anyone with basic critical thinking would.

/thread

It's more that female protagonists don't bother me, but I do a lot of writing, so I'd like to see why people don't like female protagonists.

In the case of Lightning, for me personally, she was just a shit character in general. Hell, FFXIII as a plot didn't really do anything for me regardless of the characters.

>Being forced to be a chick and react like one kills the game for me.

How do you think a chick reacts? Do you have any examples of that?

basically the last few months of a project. Working at two video game companies in the past. I can say firmly that those crunch times are the only times when people are working at even 50% most workers are either learning the engine the first few months/years or just talking on their social media site of choice all day. The crunch is the only time when people are actually doing any substantial work. With all the turnover and people leaving the moment a project is finished makes it so that new people have to come in for each project who don't know the engine.

"You're ahead of schedule? Then we've time to implement this new feature that hadn't been planned for"

>2 weeks later

"We need that new feature finished in time for a presentation, also there are 32 P1 issues we need fixed by Friday"

>I don't like playing as a female MC.
You might be autistic.

>Aren't you legally required to pay time & a half for overtime?
What are you going to do, sue your publisher ? Enjoy never finding work in the vidya industry ever again.
Devs need an union/syndacate to represent them so they can protest by going on strike like every other worker does.

>It's da white man's fault!
East Asia was just as oppressed. Koreans were slaves to the Japanese until just 70 years ago. Literal slaves. Including sex slaves. They had it worse than any black person at the time. Same with China, but then they also went through a brutal despotic communist regime.

Blacks are just inferior, and Arabs are held back by Islam.
>inb4 I'm called a racist white man
I'm actually visiting my parents in an Apache reservation right now.

>those who make games will be as varied as the people who play them
that's about right for how it is now.

You could even say, the future is now.

>Those who make games better reflect those who play games
I can see some issues with that, given labor law.

Pretty much this. The only demographic that plays video games that isn't represented are the Middle Easterners.

As possible as a succesful socialist country

>Just fyi, Arabs made several scientific and philosophical achievements when they were given the chance. The numbering system we have to today was created by Arabs for example
Zoroastrian Persians are not the "Arabs" (read: Islamic) you feel the need to attribute every major ME discovery to

>how does the origin of an arab mafia game mater? a british man could make that. its just adjectives and stories. the gameplay mechanics would be the exact same.

Just like the culture of the Japanese never impacts their games. Oh, wait...

>The artistic value of game will no longer be an issue.

More like asian males, white boi.

None of that make better games, it actually make them worse.

If the values are not an issue, its because they erased unwanted values, not because they learn to tolerate them.

The makers should look and be like the gamers? yes, they end up being a bunch of casual fucks

More diverse games? like inserting RPG elments in a racing game? or cooldown on everything so you dont "abuse the creator's vision"? diverse origin already exist, its not U S and A making games alone.

>working conditions
Thats up to the companies, and their own quotas and bullshit, nothing to do with the games.

>crunch
its a drop item? i dont get this one

This is some jew pushing agendas.

Autism speaks.

Are there actually Unions in the IT industry tho? Never heard of one, just heard of people losing jobs and replaced by pajeets or ivan.

it's pure kino

Explain weebs and the explosive rise of interracial marriage

Yeah, this is why I never played Sonic the Hedgehog. I can't fucking identify with a bloody hedgehog. I'm a human and I only play human video games.

The future of this industry is when...
>We no longer worry about whether or not a game is art.
>Those who make games will better reflect those who play games rather than those who talk about them.
>The games people play will be far more varied and diverse in gameplay.
>Working conditions and demographics of various game development companies will be considered instead of only the "biggest" or "best".
>Games will be developed with care and passion rather than be rushed to only benefit the bottom-line.

I guess it would depend on the country.

Sounds like you got some issues.

I can't wait for this industry to die like Uni; flooded with marxism.

Once this happens expect small dev teams shitting out god-tier entertainment; Id early-mid 90s.

Video games will never be art and the only reason people want it to be considered as such is to make lazy games "that you just don't understand".

Also it's pretty funny that deadlines won't be a thing anymore. That's full of shit and could never happen in a business setting. Everyone, in any job, is expected to get something done correctly and on time. Some publishers may abuse this, but on the whole, deadlines are a good thing.

This.

can you give some examples of how their culture effects game mechanics?

the only example i can think of is more grinds

clearly the only solution is an anarcho-communist society

Hence the need for unions.

Help help I'm being oppressed. Come and see the violence inherent in the system.

in other words, sperg out with Molotov cocktails.

Why do developers love crunch so much?

The only way the culture of japan has impacted their games is making every game on the PSP have monster hunter multiplayer because they spend their lives on trains

REMOVE

Realistically publishers need to stop fucking forcing devs to make games in short as fuck time just because CoD has yearly releases spans because there isn't enough time to develop assets and bugtest, leading to full price games that lack content and are unplayable at launch

Yeah all that extra time sure helped mighty number 9.

The issue is there is a fucking 3 year development cycle on CoD games, because there are three separate teams with distinctive styles, and it shows in the gameplay as much as Cred Forums loves to parrot "hurrdurr copy paste".

Other companies seem to miss out on that crucial point and just shit out whatever, or take so long and change hands so frequently like in the case of MN9 that it turns into a flop regardless.

>I'm actually visiting my parents in an Apache reservation right now.
nice try but some of us know better than to think that doesn't preclude you from being white, or essentially so. if you're claiming to be native then show us your skin color

This. But I want an actual dna report though. The number of african americans in this country with a white ancestor is off the charts.

>we can't handle criticism
>we don't want to work
that's all i can read there

One big example of how most girls react versus how a man might react is that they judge things using their emotions rather than common sense or facts. I see it all the time in real life and games magnify this trait to display femininity. This also sometimes causes them to become unreasonable and then something stupid might happen because of their stubborness. An example of that would be Terminator: Salvation. I hated when that chick released the robot despite learning he was not human. Sure it worked out because the movie decided to make it so but it was the dumbest move on earth and made purely based on emotion. She endangered all of humanity because she thought everyone else was wrong for reasons and acted on it.

Sometimes they might laugh or joke about a subject I don't find particularly funny but that women do. This is easily observed within comedy. Most women are viewed as not funny and the ones that are generally appeal to women only.

If there is romance in the game, I would hope that would be fairly obvious why that wouldn't jive well with a guy.

I wish I could give you a more educated response but this is the best I can do off the top of my head.

So Basically work at Valve? But I already do so I guess I'm already "living in da future"

I have though.

Sure there can be unforeseen events, but if you're doing committing to work in the way you should be, you add in some leeway for that

came here to post this, thanks brother

More competitions and talents and better working condition just don't coexist.

If you want to start something new you better afford those hard working early years with little to no returns. That's just entrepreneurship. You can make your game about whatever the fuck you want it to be, but for it to be successful you need to spend the effort make it good, not to appeal to some social conscience to make a case for it. That's just not how it works.

>Control Conference
OBEY, EARTHLINGS

>being such a fucking mongoloid that you blame a worker's productivity instead of a blatantly obvious management issue

Its the same in the IT industry, they get shit on by their bosses yet refuse to organize into a union because of their retarded ideology.

>video game publishers
>good companies

>project management
>anything other than "absolute shit"

>working conditions and demographics won't be a deterrent to a career in game development

Is there even a direct deterrent causing this? Isn't it still a matter of whether or not "impoverished" people even know how to make a game in the first place?

most writers in the game industry are mentally handicapped anyway. Don't know what more they want here.

>Those who make games will better reflect those who play games

This is how it used to be. People who played games were scrawny nerds and neckbeards. People who made games were scrawny nerds and neckbeards

>those who make games will better reflect those that play games
So the next angry birds successor will be made by 50 year olds who have barely touched a desktop pc?

Unions are terrible for any industry. You think shit is bad now. Wait until you have a bunch of retards revolting because they've been triggered and no one cares or thinking they should be able to take as long as they want to get games done. Watch as your prices sky rocket and the amount of games we get dramatically go down.

Unions are good for the first year or so they exist but then they never go away and find ways to justify their existence and paying dues which you are forced to pay.

Look at dock workers in California. They literally just operate a machine all day and think they should get outrageous wages for it. They decided to revolt because they wanted more money for reasons. The result? Massive delays to businesses all over the world, huge losses to companies shipping perishable goods, even slower process rates than before and higher costs to everyone but the faggot dock workers.

You have no idea how bad things will get for everyone but the workers once a union exists. There might be some need for change in the industry but a union is not the way to do it.

>Because it only happens when you don't do what you committed to.
And here we have an idiot that doesn't know shit about the game industry.
Every single AAA game has crunch.
Fucking hell, hiring a ton of people, overworking them, then laying them off is a standard practice too.
It's how the business model produces the most money for the higher ups.

Even back in the atari days there were prominent females developers. They have been swept under the rug for convenience of argument.

Nowadays it would also include legit 5-year old CoD/Minecraft/Skyrim players and uninterested casuals on their mobile devices.

>Go back to fucking your sister faggot.

White people don't do that, that's a muslim thing

"Won't a deterrent to a career"
Grammar will be optional too I guess

To me it sounds like your problem is more with how women are written, then with women characters in general.

>One big example of how most girls react versus how a man might react is that they judge things using their emotions rather than common sense or facts.

Kind of, It's true women are focused more on emotions, or at least they tend to enjoy fiction that explores emotions more. Making emotional decisions that come out of nowhere just isn't true though. There's always a reason, and exploring that and making it understandable is good writing.

When you look at something like Metroid Other M, which tends to feature everything you're talking about. The emotions displayed don't fit the character of Samus at all, and were done purely because the writer based his perception of women characters much like you're talking about, which only self perpetuates lame writing.

Both men and women can be emotional, and still be logical. Both of my parents were in the military, and while my mom was more emotional on average, they both displayed a knack for knowing how to approach problems logically and rationally, even when put under emotional distress; They've been married for thirty years and they work well together, and get shit done.

You could say that's uncommon, but I'm just saying it's possible. I don't think having more rational female characters is a bad or unbelievable thing or inherently unlikable thing, even with the higher emotions.

Who knows, maybe focusing on that instead of a perceived vision of how females act might retroactively make young girls strive to be more level headed. At least that's how I see it.

>t. someone who knows shit about unions

Agreed.

Not WATCH games. Not READ games. Play.

Which is really dumb since those people would never want to make video games. They can't just make people get interested in that, certain kinds of people will always gravitate toward certain kinds of hobbies and jobs, it can't be forced

Pre unionized labor was a fucking nightmare though. Go red The Jungle, or observe China, today. Unions are a necessary evil, I think. Games getting rushed out the door at a stupid unsustainable rate is an expectation I wish would go away and an expectation that simply could not be met with unionized workers. I'd be ok with a slower paced less annualized games industry. Besides, it's not like the writers guild or the actors guild ruined movies.

Literally none of these will ever happen as long as there's a massive oversupply of game dev grads with degrees that are worthless in any other industry.

As long as their are retards who get scammed into thinking game dev is fun and not spending 80 hour weeks on a blatant cash cow sequel mandated by corporate that no actual gamer wants to play, working conditions will not improve.

In order of bullet points
>no
>yes, but only if you properly recognize your audience
>maybe, but in the context of feminism being injected into games, no
>FUCK OFF EQUAL PAY FAG
>yes, overtime and crunch periods are jewish as fuck even if the compensation is much higher, it is a literal expression of the fact that they don't give two shits about you and think throwing a bit more money at you makes it fine to work you to death

When a flim like suicide squad making $600 million at the box office is considered a flop, they did indeed ruin movies.

Any cs major or artist could get a job elsewhere. I don't think that many people actually fell for the Degree In Game Design trap. I hope.

>LE DIVERSE MEME

Pure, unadulterated censorship of ideas and thoughts.

If someone envisions a story, they shouldnt have to change characters, or god forbid, the idea itself to conform to a political agenda.

>Umm... isn't it racist to not have any diversity in your game? Shouldn't that character be black/gay/trans?

Why no. No they shouldn't. You wouldn't even complain if my cast was all black, would you? Does diversity only apply one way?

Was it your idea? No? Fuck off and continue making the trans omnisexual otherkin version of Her Story or whatever the fuck you were working on, then when it flops cry on twitter that Cred Forums and GG is what forbade the game from selling.

The film industry has never been bigger. Star Wars and The Avengers say hi. Building up hype and delivering a solid movie is solid, building up hype and delivering a convoluted mess isn't.

I assumed that meant more diverse gameplay and genres

Well you're probably right. For instance, I did like the Divergent movies. She acts very much like a woman but she's still smart and reasonable. There are times where I roll my eyes but most of the time, I like the character.

Same with Hermoine in Harry Potter but I haven't seen that level of writing or acting in videogames. If the rumors are true, it's probably because this is where failed directors and writers go to spread their garbage but I don't know if that's true or not.

>Working conditions and demographics won't a deterrent to a career in game development.

>art will never excuse a bad game
>already true, ~90% of devs are male
>already true
>impossible
>impossible

(((women)))

>Hi.. im from the job interview