>it's a Paper Mario thread

will we ever get a proper and good Paper Mario game again?

will Tabata and Tanabe ever release HD editions of PM64/TTYD?

to the people that pirated/obtained Color Splash early, what are your thoughts on it?

my thoughts:
>humor is good
>graphics are great
>gameplay is still sticker star (i.e. awful)
>shy guys are the best characters in game
>Huey actually fucks off after "death" unlike Kersti (big improvement from Kersti too)
6.8/10 - You're better off playing a visual novel or movie game at this point

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dBKpIWSwp_A
gamesradar.com/miyamoto-didnt-splatoon-originally-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=dlcNubU6bYA
youtube.com/watch?v=k3rNOB7HhG4
youtube.com/watch?v=rzdx8jV6GaY
youtube.com/watch?v=k7IzdUJDCxQ
origami64.net/showthread.php?tid=434
pastebin.com/9cJR6ACH
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

alright, LGTTSS

>remastered paper mario games
For what purpose? The first two games still look great, they got a pretty timeless art style

because Color Splash's graphics make me what it so badly for some reason.

also DMC4SE situation

guys, don't let this thread die please

Paper Mario 64's graphics are fantastic and don't need changing. But Color Splash's is the best modernisation of the graphics in the series.

I'd prefer if TTYD, SPM or even Sticker Star looked like CS, especially its lighting system. Though I'd personally prefer a brand new Paper Mario game rather than a remaster.

So Paper Mario is the best one

nintendo does whatever they fucking want
Fuck the fans is their motto

>click "?" in the gamepad
>game freezes
t-thanks

Where is the 3rd item for Justice Toad in Cherry Lake? I've found his pants and his book. What else is there?

>a proper
buzzword of the decade. it just means something you don't personally like. if you only like one or two games in a series with four and soon to be five entries, did you really give a shit about the series to begin with? it's like saying there's never been a proper 2D mario after SMB2.

you guys basically just namedrop who you think is responsible for "ruining" the franchise (like miyakazi in souls, nomura in FFXV, etc) so you can pretend to have some sort of second rate understanding of what's really going on.

but what's really going on is that it was never that great of a series to begin with, and you just latched onto TTYD or PM1 because you grew up with them.

What did you expect?
In the room where you fill the water in it's in the bridge across the middle of the water. It looks blue, you can see the reflection.

>Modern Nintendo
>ever doing what their fans want

SoT is more like Dr Slump. Lighthearted, with more poop jokes, but still enjoyable.

I found it and he says he needs a little bit more clothing, are there 3 or 4 items?

oh, so its a known freeze trigger? I accidentally started the game off-tv, so I wanted to turn it back.

I guess piracy doesn't always wins.

So tell me nintendrone, what was the straw that broke your back for you?

There's his pants, his shoes, his book and his vest. His shoes are sticking out of a bush in I think the second room of the level.

Thank you very much

>tfw bought sticker star on release
>it was absolute shit
>Cred Forums is shilling color splash right now
>want to love it and buy it but it's the same formula as sticker star

I hate Nintendo. I'll probably end up buying it on release and being disappointed

There were many things, most of them from this Gen or last gen
>Reggie passively aggressively giving a "fuck you" to fans who signed the Xenoblade petition instead of just not mentioning it
>NoA refusing to give us collector's editions of some games (like Bayo 2) even though EU got them
>censoring the fuck out of japanese games
>region lock their consoles so we can't even import the jap versions
>making shovelware like Color Splash, Mario Party 10, Kirby Rainbow Curse, NES Remix, Devil's Third, AC amiibo festival, and other garbage and expecting us to buy it just because the Wii U is so starved for games

Buy it used

>will we ever get a proper and good Paper Mario game again?
No.
>will Tabata and Tanabe ever release HD editions of PM64/TTYD?
No. Tanabe and Tabata already stated that SS CS are the direction the series will continue in.
>to the people that pirated/obtained Color Splash early, what are your thoughts on it?
Slightly better than sticker star. Still not what I want from a paper mario game. It was made for children 5 and younger in mind. Too many pointless and useless gimmicks.
Only liked the few dark humor slap stick moments.
4/10

GT is actually getting more fan favor than Super is right now. Mostly because the art isn't complete trash.

youtube.com/watch?v=dBKpIWSwp_A

>So tell me nintendrone, what was the straw that broke your back for you?

When it became clear that Nintendo had no interest in continuing their franchises properly. Like making the recent Paper Mario and Metroid games absolutely nothing like the originals (or even the Metroid Prime series for that matter).

It honestly feels like they're making original games and just swapping out the characters to work with whatever series they think will boost sales the most.

Not to mention SSJ4 isn't "Literally SSJ but Red/Blue/Rose."

>It honestly feels like they're making original games and just swapping out the characters to work with whatever series they think will boost sales the most.
That IS what they do.
Splatoon is the only original Nintendo game in a long time (aside from ones that were complete garbage like Codename Steam) and it was made by young devs. If it was made by Miyamoto it would've been Super Mario Paintball Battle

>It honestly feels like they're making original games and just swapping out the characters to work with whatever series they think will boost sales the most.

When Nintendo come up with a new game idea they think of which existing character would suit it most.

If no existing character is suitable they come up with new characters best suited to the gameplay. e.g. Pikmin and Splatoon.

Miyamoto was a supervisor on Splatoon, genius.In fact, he told them not to make a Mario game.

But keep pretending as if something is wrong.

gamesradar.com/miyamoto-didnt-splatoon-originally-2/

Not to mention Miyamoto greenlighted and saw the potential in Splatoon before it even resembled the game they have now.

If they had shown the original game(Top down shooter with Tofu) at E3 alongside Giant Robot and Project Guard. I'm pretty sure most people here would be badmouthing Splatoon and calling Miyamoto an idiot for greenlighting it.

>GT is actually getting more fan favor than Super is right now
Because everybody watched GT, there's even a lot of people that watched GT as kids, so even though everybody hated it, unlike Super it can still trigger nostalgia. Also, almost nobody actually watches Super. It's really rare that you get something actually following Super admitting it's worse than GT;
Because it really just isn't

>Mostly because the art isn't complete trash
The equivalent of "it's a shit game because it has bad graphics"
As I was saying

I'm so pissy about this game, not even because of it's overall quality (which I'm mixed about) but just because the ones making the game really show they can make something great but refuse to & restrict themselves way too much on the wrong parts. If they followed the older games in NPCs & gameplay this game would've been great.

Anyways, I agree with your short & simple review. I also must note the areas were really good & easily my favorite aspect of the game.

By the way, I heard you meet this Shy Guy again but I never did during my playthrough, anyone know when that should've happened?

Also help, I'm trying to 100% the game & I have no idea what the hell needs to be painted here.

>ps4 gets hd version of game
>everyone says it's cash grab
>xbone gets hd version of game
>everyone laughs
>nintendo hints at possibility
>OH MY GOD LETZ ORGANIZE A PUHTITION GUIZ

Fuck at least try to hide your rabid fanboyism.

People only want it since they feel if the remaster sells well enough it may convince them to go back to the older gameplay & aspects most like about the series. I doubt it'll work personally but I guess it's the only chance people have beyond not buying the new games.

>Like making the recent Paper Mario and Metroid games absolutely nothing like the originals (or even the Metroid Prime series for that matter).

Confirmed for not having played them.

i got you lil nigga

when the fight scenes in a shonen anime look like they were drawn but a 5th grader I would consider that far worse than "It's a shit game because it has bad graphics."
Add "and terrible controls" and you are closer to how I feel about it. Not yet there but closer.

>be Nintendo
>release the best sequel to the F-Zero spinoff in japan
>kill the series

>No
>he didn't read the OP image

how the PM64 romhacking?

anything new yet?

>A petition
>A list of people signing their names to show interest in a product
>Not a useful or appealing tool to businesses to gauge interest
it worked for Dark Souls

You seem to be misunderstanding something
When Sony makes a HD version of something it is a HD version of a game released within the last 3 year. Making it a completely pointless game and a obvious cash grab.
Microsoft does the exact same thing. Except for old games in a franchise that never changed. Still a cash grab.

People want the old Paper Mario games because Nintendo has turned the series into something completely different that nobody wants. This is in a pale hope for Nintendo to open their eyes and notice that they need to change this shit back if this franchise wants to continue to live.

People loved the fuck out of The RE Remakes. Even if they didn't necessarily liked 0 to begin with. This made capcom actually start making REmake 2. Paper Mario fans want this to happen with their series.

hate God of War all you want

it's in the same exact situation Paper Mario is in too

fuck Intelligence Systems
fuck Sony Santa Monica

I don't know much about God of War, how is it in the same situation?

That is from a interview years back before the events of CS and Tanabe's decision to just make more of SS/CS games.

>gearbox writing for almost every character
>huey is not funny unless you're underage
>cool environments and some fun platforming/exploration
>roshambo temples are a fucking joke gone too far
>the hammer animation looks awful with those "smears"
>graphics look good but the general craft aesthetic is aggravating
>stop referring to "paint" and call it "color" for fuck's sake
>thing stickers are still lame, only improvement is not having to sling-a-thing
>LOL DANCE PARTY XDD
Nintendo will probably see a lot of positive reception from people easily appeased by shitty quip writing and memes. The game will get good reviews. Shy Guys will continue appearing in games despite being the most overused uninteresting garbage enemy ever. I want to die.

Also don't call this a fucking Paper Mario thread, you clearly want it to just be another Color Splash hate thread.

You posted the wrong version, user.

This interview is from E3 2016. On GameXplain's YouTube channel.

not him but they took a decent beat 'em up action game and made it into an over-the-shoulder TLOU clone, complete with some obnoxious little faggot that you're supposed to take care of and care about.

No it isn't, that image is from the GameXplain interview from 3 months back:
youtube.com/watch?v=dlcNubU6bYA

>if you only like one or two games in a series with four and soon to be five entries, did you really give a shit about the series to begin with?
Yes? What the fuck makes you think otherwise? If a series had two games that you liked, it doesn't matter how many come after that, you clearly liked the series to begin with. Where do you flame baiting pretending-to-be-retarded faggots keep coming from?

It really isn't
The gameplay looks slightly different from the other 5 GoW games but Kratos is just a angry sperglord just now he has a child he looks after and he fights Viking lore monsters instead of greek.
He is most likely still going to get revenge for something and kill every god in a 400 mile radius.

instead of just leaning more into stuff like DMC4, everything heading for the Souls/Ryse gameplay instead.

>roshambo temples are a fucking joke gone too far
This, I thought Alex Kidd proved that roshambo doesn't work as a game mechanic.

Someone post the joke where they made fun of people who are against gun control.
Something like "if we outlaw straws only criminals will have them"

>years back
>from E3 2016
user...

>>the hammer animation looks awful with those "smears"
Speaking of that, have an image of the initial Mario designs.

It was interesting to see unlockable concept art included, I can't think of another Mario game that's had such a feature.

>modern games industry fucking up so bad their only out is to re-release old games

lol

>Literally three episodes had actual shit animations
>It's a 100+ planned episode anime

You're right, it's not like bad graphics. It's like complaining about a bad texture.

Yeah, it definitely makes 100%ing the game more rewarding. Sticker Star's 100%ing was just a chore & I don't think has much a reward beyond a slight additional thing in the Credits.

I played both and they are nothing like the first, what are you on?

Here's some stuff of Foreman & the Captain. Final design of Foreman is in the top right while the final Captain designs are on the bottom right & middle (well, the middle ones final design doesn't have as thick of a line for his pants but it's essentially the same). I wish the Captain was more like the middle one or middle-right one.

Makes me kind of sad that they didn't use the design on the far left. But at least it shows they remember that Duplighosts are a thing that exists.

who's your favorite partner?

He is in the level before the circus swinging on a rope, his encounter is optional since he will only battle if you touch the rope

Watt was my favorite, she has an attack that bypasses defense.

what kind of person would I be if I said Flurrie?

>humor is good

Not really. I found it pretty hit or miss. It just tried way too hard to be funny the whole damn time. It actually kind of got old.

Oh shit, you're right. That's pretty sad to see happen. Here's a webm of it.

Lady Bow.

>I've won, but at what cost

JUST

Seeing these pieces of concept art really makes me wish they'd take more risks with the character and enemy designs again. Even if they absolutely have to constrain themselves to using established species and characters, I'd at the least like to see them use a wider variety of them. If the greater Mario franchise has demonstrated anything over the years it's how much mileage you can get out of simple designs. Just look at how many different kinds of Goombas they've made over the years. Hopefully, stuff like the Juggling Bros. means we'll see more of this sort of thing in the future.

>no splatoon references at all in a game about paint
>no mario sunshine references in a mario game about paint
How could they fuck it up

d-did u rike it?

Super Paper Mario is good though.

Thousand Year Door is good though

If you haven't found it yet

why the fuck won't they just make a proper paper mario game

Oh thank you, user. That's a pretty well hidden one there.

When we get a good Fire Emblem game.

How are you fellas bypassing the 4gb limit on files for FAT32 formatted SD cards?

should we worry about M&L's future too?

>3D Cackletta never ever

Get the loadiine ready extracted game

Not really.

They said that it was their decision to go the generic route because of the crossover, and that they will return to original settings next game

>jews
>become cucked

Goombario.

>he doesn't even move afterwards

so is Z

No news besides that last star rod trailer

>this game has OCs
Wait what

A horny one

weird isn't it? maybe they're slowly listening
doubt.jpg

I fucking hate how they scrapped an actual unique and memorable toad design for a regular toad with a fist head. I just don't understand the though process behind it.

This. In fact they said hat they wanted to use BIS's Toad Town again, so we might be getting another BIS-like game.

>tfw nintendo is so obsessed with muh innvoation that they stopped making good games

They're the most unique Toads (beyond the Roshambo one) in the game if I remember right, the pirate even follows you. It feels like such a dicktease.

I don't want a remaster I want a new game

Color Splash still has the garbage gameplay but the setting, graphics and writing are a lot more tolerable that you'll eventually get through the game despite the gameplay

Huey is really likeable, much better than fucking Kersti who just nags

>The traditional Giant Blooper Fight was reduced to giant canonball targets for the pirate ship

Absolutely Haram, even though it technically counts, how dare you

There's nothing innovative about sticker star and color splash

Also Kirby and a bunch of others are still Good you weenie

>No King Boo

>No King Bob-omb

>The only unique miniboss that wasn't just an oversized enemy was Petey

>Traditional Giant Blooper isn't even a battle

For what purpose

Paper Jam still did a better job at using the Mario world

>GT is actually getting more fan favor than Super is right now.

Please do not actually think spics on Cred Forums represent actual "fan favor". GT put the DB franchise into sleep due to how hard it flopped, while Super keeps getting huge loads of interest, both in ratings and merchandising.

>Huey is really likeable
But he's not at all. He's as bad as Starlow in DT and PJ, maybe even worse. I can see his appeal to kids - like when the Justice Toad does his whole thing I can see how a kid might be looking at his TV in confused humor, and then Huey pops out and basically says "Get a load of this guy, huh?" and that gives the kid an okay to laugh. Beyond that age range though, I can't see anyone enjoying his fucking annoying persistence.

i blame the retards crying "le rehash" all the fucking time

don't fix was isn't broke, just add more jazz to it while not making it look samey.

I've played and finished PM64 and TTYD, which of the other Mario RPGs are _____fun___?

They did a much better job than Sticker Star in effort and everything

Sticker Star was too bland, the enemy variery was too weak, the locations are literally NSMB,the only interesting character was fucking Kamek and Mizzter Freezy

Color Splash fixes that and makes the game somewhat decent to go through, even if you hate the gameplay mechanic, Atleast it's interesting, especially the writing, some people don't like the writing still, but it's a majority that it has vastly improved

That being sad, the variety still isn't enough, Mario and Luigi Paper Jam still did a better job

Otherwise, if your forced to play the game, it's Atleast entertaining

Super Mario RPG and Mario & Luigi series

This. It seems Nintendo's fanbase is evenly split between opposing oppinions. Which sucks, since they have nothing to offer in terms of crowd pleasing, unless you're a drone.

I WANT TO FUCK VIVIAN AND IMPREGNATE HIM

>Poison Garden

>Find the teapot

>Ok 3D Item squeeze time

>Stops midway with a GYORK sound effect

>The fuck

>"Hey can't you see I'm poisoning over here"

>A fucking teabag comes out of the tea pot

>It unfold

>It's fucking Petey

What the fuck

>Proper

How do you determine what a "proper" paper mario game is? We had the first game, then a sequel to that, then something new, then something new again, then a sequel to the newest new thing. Only 2/5 games in the entire franchise were like ttyd. Why don't you consider every paper mario game to be proper, because it seems to me that the franchise has a big emphasis on experimentation.

Friendly reminder

Miyamoto's request was to be flexible with the Mario World

Tanabe and group of misfits came up with the idea of DUDE TOADS

Does it at least have decent towns this time?

Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story are both really good, though I don't like Alphadream's style as much as vintage Intelligent Systems. Alphadream has some former Square devs who made Super Mario RPG, which is a bit crude compared to its successors but worth checking out.

>How do you determine what a "proper" paper mario game is?
the one that isn't an Action-Adventure

>don't fix was isn't broke, just add more jazz to it while not making it look samey.
Sunshine is probably the only example in your pic that actually does that though, and even then it's hit or miss as to whether it was good or not.
NSMBU and NSMB2 have barely any distinguishing features compared to the first two NSMB games, and Super Paper Mario "fixed what wasn't broke" and was worse off for it. Neither of them hit the middle ground between old and new that devs should be aiming for when making new installments.

It has pretty good areas but it doesn't really have towns per say. Port Prisma (the main place) is a good town but pretty much the only one, you have other places you talk to people though in a similar town-esque manner such as Bloo Bay Beach, the Dark Bloo Inn, the Circus area, restaurant, lighthouse & etc and I'd say those are pretty good. NPCs mostly rely on Toads & Shy Guys though, so you'll only ever really see them no matter where you go.

Although I think it's about time for a more traditional Paper Mario I don't mind when a series have a new game with an unique genre, as long it's a good game.

Dragon Ball is good though

Why don't they just make a new series anyway? The TB combat is clearly just there to appease people who rightfully bitched about SPM. Just focus on fucking making a good platformer with puzzles if you hate RPGs so much.

The problem here has nothing to do with opposing opinons. The problem is that Nintendo "innovates" what isn't broken and keeps what seriously needs to be fixed. Nobody wanted to see Nintendo gut the platforming in Sunshine or the RPG elements in SPM, but nobody wants to wade through another 8 reused assets to save the princess from Bowser either.

Of course, I'd say the real problem is NSMB's physics, assets, and level design were irredeemably shit from the first installment, but that's another matter

>Neither of them hit the middle ground between old and new that devs should be aiming for when making new installments.

Ah that imaginary line, based on perceptions no matter what they make it could fall on either side if it displeases someone.

>SELECT CARD ;DDDD
>NOW PAINT IT!! (no skill, can't "overpaint" or something, you just tap on the shit until a fixed amount of paint is taken)
>NO FLICK IT :DD!! (no effect, have to do it with every fucking card every fucking turn)
top fucking gameplay lads

At least you still have timed actions.

>At least you still have timed actions.
Which are extremely simplified to only A-presses when the first 2 games had a variety of ways to do action commands.

>I'd say the real problem is NSMB's physics

The problem is that you make an assumption and pretend its correct and run with it regardess of whether it's true or not.

Bobbery. Best story scenario too, I fucking love pirates and being a grizzled ship captain only made him cooler

Worst part is the card painting mechanic, which I originally was cautiously optimistic for since it sounded sort of interesting and potentially deep, makes damage numbers such a fucking mess to the degree that they don't exist anymore. Only Mario takes number damage now, enemy health is just a vague approximation.

Pretty sure they're talking about how the physics are basically identical between all 4 games.

A thickfag

Why does this have a defence force again? The return of decent writing is all people need? Hell, it's the reason SPM is somehow considered good now.

>return of decent writing
When will people stop saying this?

He said the physics were irredeemably shit from the first game. What I'm saying is that they're excellent and that assuming they are bad and going around stating that they are is a problem.

If opinions like that are going around it will result in Nintendo "fixing" a problem the games never had, producing a problem where the wasn't one.

Yeah but the A-presses are actually more difficult, especially for the hammer. The Hammer's attack timing were pathetically easy before the new system.

What do I do with all the tiny objects, like the shrunken Toad?

So, it doesn't even have that?

Nah he means it never lost the quality of it's writing(Super Paper Mario nonwithstanding ofcourse).

You need to find a thing to increase them

but what, user?

I don't care if it's harder now, there's no variety now which is what bothers me. They could make the old action commands (and include new ones) harder if they wanted to. It'd be the best of both worlds, also they need better visual cues for Thing items, I have no idea when to press A most of the time for them.

Progress and you'll see, ignore the small stuff for now
There are a few good moments here and there but overral it's just jokes and memes

alright, yeah, fair enough

No I mean the writing has degraded drastically you fucking faggot.

I hope this is the last Paper Mario game we ever get.

Mitsubishi has pretty much outright stated that they'll never return to the original series' gameplay because its not the direction him or his staff things is right to go.

And Japs are stubborn fucks. There won't be an "oops we were wrong" moment.

We could try boycotting the M&L series to get Paper Mario back to its roots again. Honestly, the M&L series was good in the first trilogy, but has gone downhill far enough that I wouldn't mind sacrificing it to make Paper Mario great again.

This will backfire and we will lose both series

But humor in a game like Paper Mario IS good writing.

Please don't tell me you're insipid and low-brow enough that you genuinely thought the shit in PM2 and SPM was actualy good instead of a fuckload of chintzy pretentious cliches?

Dude, I want the series to go back to it's roots & I prefer Paper Mario over M&L but don't drag the series into this mess. All we can really do is not buy the current Paper Mario games and if a remaster does happen with 64 or TTYD we can try & buy those ones only.

Partners in Time is objectively worse than Paper Jam. So no.

Thats complete idiocy. Anyway Alphadream will be forced to make a console style RPG for the NX with Mario & Luigi.

I think the fact that both series will now be on one system has brought about the change.

When humor/memes replace any resemblance of personality or character depth, it's not good. Feel free to tell me that PM characters never had any depth, though.

no

I just want the Mario and Luigi series to end. It's way past its prime and doesn't have any more charm.

M&L was one of the reasons why Paper Mario lost its status as an RPG. The devs didn't see the point of having two Mario RPG's simultaneously so Paper Mario was stripped of its identity. Having the M&L series to end would resolve the issue.

>Feel free to tell me that PM characters never had any depth, though.

Ok, they didn't. They lacked the dynamics most RPGs have. Especially the party members/partners who don't interact with each other meaning no party dynamics.

There's no excuse either, some of these games are almost as long as Final Fantasy games.

It would create a greater one since ML has always had better battle system AND platforming exploration than PM ever had.

B-but one of them has a dead wife so it's okay that Goombella is nothing but a sassy girl stereotype.

I get why you say it but M&L has their own fanbase as seen by If M&L was removed out of the picture it'd be no better than Paper Mario being raped. They simply just need to realize both being RPGs doesn't mean the games are as similar as they may appear. Plus like, the original game's beta was Mario RPG 64/Super Mario RPG 2, it's a bit dumb how they'd ignore that they were meant to be RPG.

Unlike in Color Splash, where partners interact with each other all the time. TTYD has characters with some degree of depth, even if it is minor. Color Splash has quirky personalities, and almost every character has to be witty or tell a joke, which is why TTYD writing is superior to CS. The game has to take itself seriously to some degree if the player is going to take it seriously.

Fuck you

>NSMBU ... [has] barely any distinguishing features compared to the first two NSMB games
Good to see you didn't play it.

Probably when it stops being true.

Please fire the gameplay from Color Splash

If they wanted you to take the game seriously it would have dramatic situations. But it doesn't.

And TTYD's drama fell flat on its fucking face all the time anyway. At no point you feel in danger with Grodus or Shadow Queen, you just get bored at the fact they never show a drop of personality and Crump's dialogue he took has none.

Favorite Paper Mario music?
youtube.com/watch?v=k3rNOB7HhG4

>We could try boycotting the M&L series to get Paper Mario back to its roots again.
holy shit no

at least wait for the PM64/TTYD remaster and prove nintendo people want pre-SPM Paper Mario back.

>Finishing a chapter, returning to Toad Town and being greeted by this music
It's just so pleasant
youtube.com/watch?v=rzdx8jV6GaY

you like saggy tits and thicc, right?

Then maybe the lack of drama or anything besides humor in Color Splash is the problem I've been (quite obviously) addressing?

As for TTYD, we can go back and forth but for what the situations were, the drama was often very appropriate.

>color splash
>find all toads
NOT AGAIN

So since the game got leaked?

Is there a petition for a Paper Mario remaster anywhere? If they want to hear our voice about this, I'm willing to give them mine.

the games look great as they are, they all have their distinctive style. they dont need remasters.

>Aboslutely

But I wouldn't buy them.
Bring them to the NX's equivalent of virtual console, but I see zero reason for a remaster. The games look fine.

I dislike the fact that most of the levels feel like hallway / tower simulators. Not every level is one (the Ghost Houses for example) but there's a much higher percentage of them compared to 3 and World. Mario Maker only accentuates this issue.

I found this more triggering than the lack of partners and RPG elements. I liked the atmosphere in the old Paper Mario games in the sense different species would inhabit different environments instead of having a massive Toad party everywhere.

you tell me?

you're a good little thiccchaser aren't you?

I'm not sure if it's worse in this game or Paper Jam. On one hand they're not boring as fuck mini-games but on the other hand you have to backtrack & search through multiple stages to find possible 1-2 Toads that could be anywhere which stops progress completely. It's like multiple mini General Whites.

It's not much better but at least Shy Guys are nice to see & talk to. They're 1 extra species but they added a bit of variety compared to Sticker Shit.

we just got a good paper mario game

Well, I've at least officially gotten back to developing my basic structure I'll be using to make my PM fan game again.

Starting off with fixing how shitty I had set up the text boxes.
Hard to tell from the WEBM, but now instead of the toad having a script that does the text itself, the toad has an array of a class containing information for an everpresent text box script to display.
This includes
>Which box will appear (top bubble, bottom bubble, and hopefully soon enough top transparent box and bottom transparent box)
>whether there's an arrow or not
>what the arrow should point at each time
>and the text itself for a single box.

Now I gotta do some witchcraft to switch the text out with sprites that can be colored, wiggled, etc.

...9 years ago
or 12 years ago if you have taste

>Tabata Tanabe yadda yadda

stopped right there

what i hate about nsmb is that the first was actually a really good game because it was a fucking good game, not because it was a callback to a nostalgic age. then nsmbwii came out and it was just a lazy rehash with none of the charm

paper mario fags truly are the worst fanbase on Cred Forums

You need to take it easy brother

>SS and CS is good

Oh shut the hell up, every fanbase is shit at times, it just depends what is currently happening to said game in whatever series. Whatever popular series goes to shit next will have a shitload of negative threads until it gets annoying like these threads are to people.

>"STOP COMPLAINING AND EAT YOUR MANUFACTURED CUD ENTITLED GAMERS!!"

I'd rate it a 5.5/10 or 5.6/10.

>SOME clever writing, but the good is pretty fucking good
>Overusage of memes, puts Guacamelee's meme release to shame
>It looks good in some parts, but the general aesthetic is god awful, because now everything is arts&crafts instead of the paper aesthetic being incidental
>Too much emphasis on it being "paper", and not enough on it being "Mario"
>Combat is still garbage
>Music is good, way better than Sticker Star, but not as good as TTYD and the original. Then again, I doubt anything in nu-Paper Mario is going to top songs like Rawk Hawk.
>Boss fights are nothing to write home about, they're still defeated by "Thing" cards.

I agree. A fanbase isn't good if they just accept everything that's thrown their way blindly, and if a popular series drastically changes the way the game is, some backlash is to be expected.

Yeah some, not taking every aspect of the game as a personal slight.

>>Overusage of memes, puts Guacamelee's meme release to shame

that's a bold claim

At least Guacamelee had non-meme releases.

Anyone know where I could find this Sledge Bro card with the shades? I need every enemy card for the final concept art & I'm really curious what they could be.

Man, just make your own thing or NoA is going to just shut everything if it gets any serious. Will love to work with you thou.

If all those aspects are worse than the way things used to be handled, then it's reasonable.

>will we ever get a proper and good Paper Mario game again?

No.

>will Tabata and Tanabe ever release HD editions of PM64/TTYD?

No.

what the actual fuck is wrong with this game? It's not the first time i feel sorry for characters I am killing in Color Splash, other games werent made that way

Vivian >= Lady Bow = Bobbery > Watt > Bombette > Goombella > Goombario > Parakarry > Kooper > Koops > Ms. Mowz > Yoshi >> Lakilester > Flurrie

I dunno. Remember seeing that guy in two levels but those were both scripted battles.

There's plenty of guys doing their own thing with it.
I think they're the really ambitious ones, cause making a whole world from the ground up is an extra topping of hell along with the difficulty of an RPG.

I don't think I'd be able to pull off such a thing, and I feel much more like working with the Mario expectations to have something to both start from and to defy as it goes along.

At least for now, I'll be fine since it's all really just thoughts on paper for the most part, and I'm keeping anonymous.
Even being extra paranoid and calling my google doc GDD and github repository other nonsense in case someone tries to find it.

They aren't though. Your preference and your nostalgia doesn't represent quality.

I actually really, really hate this new 'arts-and-crafts' art style compared to the first 2 games.
I loved the original 2 games and I liked SPM well enough (though I feel it was more a spin-off than a true 3rd game in the series), but I just cannot stand the new art style.
Cardboard, tape, stickers, ribbons, etc all look like shit to me. I would far prefer the old style where everything was only made of paper and no other material.

Also, fuck SS and CS "DUDE PAPER LMAO" shit. Back in the first 2 games everything being paper was the artstyle, and nearly never referenced, and the games worked far better for it. They actually had to have good writing and jokes, rather than relying on the "DUDE PAPER LMAO" they spam now.

Yeah, that's all I remember also. I don't think they spawn anywhere else, I at least didn't see them anywhere. This enemy card shit is pretty damn annoying, the rest is are fairly easy but going back for these enemies that only sometimes drop their card is a bitch.

these are the worst fucking deviant art OCs I've seen

More like your taste is maximum shit

That's true, the entire game makes you feel like absolute shit for killing most enemies.
Be it from the ones that actually have a full story that ends tragically at your hands or be it from a the mentions of shy guys being introverts that just have no idea where they're going in life.
They're also often relatively chill whenever you get to talk to one.
I feel like this game is really doing that on purpose.
Hell, not long after the shy guy that gives you the cards up drowns, there are shy guys looking just like him that jump out of the water, looking all fucked up, barely managing to attack you.

Maybe it's a Roshambo prize then? Only thing I can think of.

>"my oc wears clothes" snowflake tier
goomba with a cap
the flying koopa with a bomber cap
the koopa on the bottom literally wearing some hoodie
>"this race is literally not mario" snowflake tier
the yellow sun thing
the cute looking purple thing
the thicc bait
>"amped up the edge" snowflake tier
the bomb who looks like he's seen some shit
the small yoshi with a mohawk (since when did they even have hair)
>"the wank bait" snowflake tier
the cute goomba with a fang
the mouse wearing heels

everything else is alright and could pass in a Mario game

>"this race is literally not mario" snowflake tier
>watt
She's a Li'l Sparky from Mario World.

Watt (the yellow sun thing) is a Lil' Sparky.

>Shy Guys are going to see a Birdo stage play
>One gets left behind from his 2 buds
>Kill a Piranha Plant a little later with the bucket falling off into the water & also killing him since it was in his path
>After the play the 2 Shy Guys question where he went
Feels fucking bad man. Like fuck these Toads, I want the Shy Guys to be alright.

I guess? I thought those only give the Koopalings though.

>Color Splash's is the best modernisation of the graphics in the series.
Yuck

>I'd prefer if TTYD, SPM or even Sticker Star looked like CS

I hate how the entire world is blatantly made of cardboard, makes the whole universe feel really cheap. The previous games had good worlds without making the entire game look like origami.

Fuck off underage.

fuck, guys, it's so obvious

While killing the plant, I was thinking if he was going to try and steal the bucket, and planning in advance to let him take it and get there by jumping in the poisonous water since it hurts Mario so slowly, it seemed possible.

Seeing the bucket crush him crushed my spirits too.

I hope ttyd hd comes so modern nintendo can remove any "prank gone wrong" humor about vivian's gender

Also beldam is a liar

>JUST FUCK MY PAPER UP. How do we fix the Paper Mario series?
>"By killing off the other RPG series becuz muh paper!!!"

Holy fuck, Paper Mario fans are selfish little fuckers. I used to sympathize with you but you got what you deserved. Enjoy your shit series.

I'm mostly annoyed that that arts & crafts aesthetic probably came about entirely to justify the shitty gimmicks like the stickers and paint hammer that do nothing but drag SS and CS down even further.
>Of course we'll have to think of a fun new paper-based gameplay mechanic for the next game!
Fuck you Risa

>user spergs over one (1) unpopular opinion
>cant even reply right
Cred Forums - Video Games

>one fag says something
>most people disagree with him
>still attribute this one guy as the whole or even majority of the fanbase
You're a sperg and a faggot.

>Getting upset over a irrelevant suggestion
The majority of paper mario fans too think the idea is silly over just buying the hypothetical remakes for proof of worth of bringing back RPG Paper Mario as Mario's "console rpg counterpart" to M&L

You need to calm the fuck down

>Have new sprites/models(?) for the Chain Chomp
>Never fight them directly and are only used in Roshambo & the the Iggy fight which dragging around other enemies
What a waste.

Huh. Now that I'm looking at them, did they go back to doing full sprites rather than piecewise with some of the characters?

I really can't see any seams on that Chomp. Looks like they just have 3 sprites that they animate with rather than it being a top and bottom half like past games.

a Nintendo employee is reading this right now and they're going to add a shit ton more Jazz music to every future Nintendo game
I'm okay with this, thank you user.

this

fuck off contrarian

kek

Pretty much, DBZ goes bad once they reach namek

How did you get the arrow to work? I never got it to work correctly

So is Super Mario RPG the Dragon Boy oneshot?

Bombette, Lady Bow
and that punk yoshi looks pretty dope.

GT is better than Super for objective reasons. The art is better in GT and the animation is so much cleaner. Also SSJ4 was cool and blue goku isn't.

Looks really interesting, but the whole card system ruins it for me.

It's not too hard.
Basically, part of the unique "textBox" class is an object's transform that the arrow will point at.
Then I did a camera world point to screen space call (built into Unity) to get that transform point relative to the camera's view.
Applied some shifting values to it so that the arrow isn't reaching past the box, and applied a rotation to it based on the position relative to the box's center.

Still more I gotta do to get it more exact, but that's the basic idea.

That's because you are displaying it instantly. If you add a scale change to add a textbox effect, the arrow will fuck up the position until it gets to the right size, or at least that's how it was for me.
I just replaced it with nametags but that doesn't work as well for paper mario I suppose

What's bad about the gameplay now?

Why is the Mario series so allergic to adding new OCs now? After Rosalina, they're haven't been many memorable characters.

The fact that it is still the same thing as sticker star but with added flickering to make it seem more "fun"

Miyamoto thinks Mario doesn't need that shit, or plots at all. Mario is just a toy in his eyes, and people will eat this shit up regardless. In fact, I imagine he thinks going deeper with Mario stories would turn people off.

Didn't the director also hide the implementation of Rosalina's backstory in SMG2 from Miyamoto? Miyamoto didn't want it and was pretty miffed when he found out.

Miyamotmtototomitamoyo

Stickers are now called cards, you still lose them on use.
You also sometimes have to paint your cards with a meter that doesn't serve much purpose other than wasting your time.
The encounters are most of the time really easy and often die before getting a turn to attack or in the next turn after their first attack.
It gets to the point you'll feel pretty refreshed whenever you get to a place without encounters, with more difficult encounters or with encounters you can beat in the main screen.

What the fuck do I do in the snifit hideout?

Better not whiffit.

I don't understand the issue with losing them on use.

It is more noticeable in the final battle, but can happen anywhere: If you run out of cards, you're fucked. Your only option is to die and restart. Which is bad design

Download the game, it's available for pirate and you'll know if you wanna buy it.
The dialogs are good and if you like the combat system, you'll love it.
The ennemies being pushovers is what kills it, though losing cards on use adds to that because I end up using stronger cards against those fuckups. Maybe I'm just always overprepared.

Paper Mario fans never played Baten Kaitos, Lost Kingdom, or the MGA games.

Who cares about visuals in a visual medium?

Heard it was badly done in sticker star, but I'm having no inventory issues.
The problem here is that you insta-win most battles.

so is it true that this gauge is really just for show and gives off the illusion that battling matters?

I was wondering this also so I kept checking each time I "leveled-up". It makes a difference but once you get around 300 it makes so little of one that it looks like the paint takes the same amount. Also certain cards in general don't take paint in general for some reason (mostly noticeable on Thing cards though maybe that's replicas only?).

>Who have you looked up more porn of?

The true question being asked here.

It does make your paint use smaller but it is largely irrelevant. You still use a lot of paint for painting simple cards, and the stronger cards take so much paint that it barely matters

>once you get around 300 it makes so little of one that it looks like the paint takes the same amount.
Eh, I'm guesstimating that so I take that back. It does become unnoticeable eventually though for sure, especially since you go up by only 20 or 10 eventually each upgrade.

It looks like this is the first real instance of an unused card because the rock paper scissors tourney only gives you Koopalings + Kamek.

anyone planning to data mine this game? I'm way into that "Cutting Room floor" stuff.

Can you still encounter that event by rejoining the level? Shy bandit may be able to get you the card.

>TTYD remaster

But there's already one in the works.

youtube.com/watch?v=k7IzdUJDCxQ

So I beat the final Roshambo & the Rock Paper Wizard reveals he's a Toad even though it was obvious. Even with Huey's comment now I'm even more bothered that the other designs (mostly the left one) in wasn't used since at least it wouldn't be nearly as obvious.

BY GOD SOMEBODY STOP HIM

It's not about getting the remaster, it's about getting trough nintendo's thick skull that we'll buy RPGs.

Those dialogues were probably from when the design was that. Someone gotta datamine and see if the sprites are there

requesting edit with the cheeta shitting out toads instead

This gets me every time. Is Spyro dipping a chip in it?

Aren't most JRPGs like that anyway? I'm playing Dragon Quest VII, and every non-boss fight is done in 1-2 turns with my party taking negligible damage if any at all.

they are LITERALLY ripped straight from the games. retard

I think he's laying down some swiss

The game was built around being able to beat all enemies in one turn because of the "perfect bonus" thing

Sounds like something other games should add in then.

Well that's just impossible.

Didn't they say that M&L is pretty much the designated RPG series now?

That's because you leveled up.
The game is just like that from the get go, bosses don't last very long either.
Seriously, stop playing devil's advocate and just download it man.

Dialog's worse than the combat honestly.

>6.8
>bad
What?

Mario doesn't make incredibly memorable new characters that often in the first place. Rosalina took off more than anybody has since Wario.

>The encounters are most of the time really easy and often die before getting a turn to attack or in the next turn after their first attack.
The earlier Paper Marios had this in spades.

This.I sure wouldn't buy it because I have TTYD and it looks and plays great still.

So.... what's different besides the numbers having some annoying font?

The Intelligent Systems logo is updated to their current logo & smaller background things that have random images of maps on them have SMRPG shit in them for no reason. Beyond that it's pretty good & everything just looks higher res.

A decent few sprites if you actually care to look at the video. See :22 and compare the Mario or Spania sprite with the unedited mushroom.

Mario still needs a lot of work though, but I'm pretty sure that video is really old anyways.

If the paper mario sells more as an RPG, they'll make more RPGs, come on there's no way that won't work.
Have you even played Color Splash? They honnest to god die so fast you don't even know which one is stronger before getting pretty far in the game.
In the first two paper mario you actually could get hit by ennemies, it even had a pretty good share of "oh god not that one again" ennemies in a first run.

So you're telling me that you never get stronger cards throughout the whole game and that your beginning cards are enough to defeat any non-boss enemy in a single turn?
Having access to more attacks to work with is just another way to handle progress in a game.

Please let it be a remastered paper Mario 64. FOR THE SAKE OF MUH CHILDHOOD PLIS

Dude, I can beat one-shot multiple ennemies with cards I had access to from the beggining of the game.
I'm not even talking about rare and out of the way cards, I'm talking fire flowers or triple worn out hammer.
Seriously, why the fuck are you shitposting about a game you haven't played while the game is available?

I beat the bosses by using basic jump cards you have access since the start of the game

Vivian (female)

How are those Partner ideas coming along?

They haven't?
I have a lot of code structure to get through before I should go any more into developing them.

My goal is to get the prologue done first, and to do that I still have to
>Finish updating the dialogue system
>Completely do up the overwolrd menu (which is gonna be hell I'm sure, combat menu was bad enough)
>Get animation controllers started, along with animations
>Set up a flexible cutscene manager using all the shit I've already set up
>Fix up my event flag system so story progression can happen
Probably in that order.
After that, I'll still be needing to start designing and modeling the initial zones and everything else.

Thinking of story stuff is fine, but I shouldn't make more art assets till I get the building code done.

Fair enough, It's been a while since I've seen you around here though like, about a year or months even

I remember telling my friends about a guy making a PM game and thought I was lying cause the thread died

Oh, no, it's true.
Thesis was falling behind, so I stopped after like 3 weeks of worth back at the end of March.
Just started trying to get it rolling again yesterday honestly.

dragon ball is for fags so

I've been a huge fan of both the Paper Mario and Mario&Luigi series for over a decade. I'll be honest: I'm fucking burnt out from Mario&Luigi. I'd rather have that series take a break and for Paper Mario to develop its original formula.

>sad beat up chain chomp
NEW HUSBANDO GETTO

Yeah, since there hasn't been a good M&L game since Superstar Saga.

>gangter goomba
>MGS shyguy
>mlp koopa
I'd play it.

>What is BiS?

>What is PiT
Fuck you I liked it
Dream team was shit though. The paper mario crossover sucked worse than dream team though

Well, he's a chomp. PM chomps are just dogs.
Wait, would having a chomp as your husbando make you a furry?

I really need to fix Recon Guy when I get past the code stuff. He's actually going to be in the game from the Prologue, so I need to get him looking good at some point.

hello Cred Forums

Whitest post of the day

>Phanto Gal
Im intrigued

She needs lewds IMO

I tried to make a mockup of the shyguy using sprite pieces from the actual games, I feel like the main issue why it looks off are the eyes. Also as a snifit it works more I think

That's good. She's meant to be the big bad of the game. She's a street rat going on the same quest for Macguffins that Mario is. Or, rather, Mario's going on the same quest as her to keep her from getting the Macguffins cause she could do something bad with them as it usually is.
She's basically meant to parallel Mario, getting her own team of partners and actively appearing in each chapter as they both go for the maguffin.

She was made by a lewd artist honestly.
I provided a really shitty concept art, and described how I wanted her to generally look, and the artist (from a /trash/ shy gal thread) got me back this.
probably gonna get drawfag help with designing more shit later on in development.

Honestly, I REALLY need to decide on a name for her. Not really sure what to go for honestly.
Past big bads were Bowser (given name), Grodus (which I think comes from Gross/Grody), and Bleck (obviously from Blech).
Not sure if I should follow the past pattern of the names relating to something of disgust or do something totally different.

I've thought of goign with a snifit instead. The eyes work a bit better.

He was originally meant as a unique Spy Guy. But they were only ever in PM64, so I didn't have a high quality sprite to work off of as a guideline.

name her Miss Gust
to justify her name she'll be really good at blowing things

Bow has been my waifu ever since I was a kid but Parakarry is pretty cool too

How many chromosomes do you have?

Here's the partner ideas from when Cred Forums wanted to make their own Paper Mario game a while back.
Take some inspiration from it if you want.

Bow obviously

only look up Vivian or Goobella for Boog/Shortstack purposes

jazz is good for your soul

same for big band music

I always thought Sandy looked really out of place, but the rest of these are pretty solid.

>At least Guacamelee had non-meme releases.
fucking really? cause i really want to pick it up

>"Feeling butthurt? pull the "worst fanbase acclaim" card!"

what's her secret?

Sure, I'll hold on to it. Another user gave me these ones he had done before as well to think of.

not sure if I'd use any of them currently though.
Like I said, I don't plan to do anything deep artwise, but I know of the remaining partners I haven't done that:
>Mario will get a blooper that gives him vertical movement in the overworld, but no ideas beyond that
I was thinking maybe doing a Titanic thing for a chapter would be a good way to possibly bring a blooper into Mario's team though.
>Mario will need an explosive partner, and currently I'm leaning towards a lava bubble, but no ideas beyond that

>Villain team will get a young Koopa (like koops/kooper) in the first chapter as a partner
>Villain team needs at least 1 more partner aside from him to balance things out, though no ideas on those.

i want to play PM not a Monolith/From game but worse

How do I play Color Splash with gamepad only?

If I had to choose only one thing from Sticker Star/Color Splash to keep if they decide to go back to the original formula

It would be the way Multibounce works

Going back and forth was a drastic improvement

-

I mean to be fair

Next Level Games can't into realistic

That's their flaw

If they chose any other company I'm pretty sure they would've stuck with the Prime realistic designs

More than you, faggot.

Press - at the title screen or change the options

>Villain team
Wait what?
Dude it's 5 AM somewhere, don't throw out bombs like that on people that aren't up to speed, I think you broke my mind.

It shows

Not really

Paper Jam is still a good game and the standard Mario world approach was a decision they made themselves

I don't care what people say, I vastly perfer the various minigames to being stuck in 2D mode

Not when the minigames break the flow of the game though

>Well that's just impossible.
nah

worked for Sly Cooper, arguably DMC (see DMC4SE), and Star Fox

if it weren't for 643D, Zero/SF Wii wouldn't have exist. (game's opinions aside)

reminder that Nintendo Sales Manager said FE was going to get canned if Awakening didn't sell past 250k this time.
reminder that Miyamoto said he won't be able to do more Star Fox if people didn't at least buy and enjoy 643D.

Because it's good?

>HURR GEARBOX TIER

You fucks are out of touch with reality

It's almost exactly like TTYD minus the dark and serious tones

TTYD had pop culture references too you blind nostalgia fucks

..Why is South Park: The Stick of Truth in this picture?
Am I the only one wondering this?

>Gone downhill far enough

When will this meme end?

Why do people over exaggerate Dream Team's tutorials and ignoring that it's the biggest fucking game of high quality in the series?

name five

the term is mediocre

not good, not bad, very little highlights to get past being "mediocre"

Fans were so thirsty for a TTYD sequel that they've accepted SoT as a Paper Mario game because it was inspired by it.

It's on there since it's the closest thing to a Paper Mario game we'll get, the gameplay was even inspired from PM if I remember right.

>He's still pretending Paper Jam was a bad game

>He's still pretending Dream Team was a bad game

>He's still defending Bowser's Inside Stories touch screen minigames

>He's still defending Partner's in Time

PUFFY

Not really

The majority of them is exploring or using the Dash socks

BiS was better.

If you're still around, here's what's going on:

Our last update was this:
origami64.net/showthread.php?tid=434
Here, Clover shows off an example of what can be done using Star Rod and describes his progress. It looks to be very far along.

For 3 months after, we heard nothing from Clover. But then he posted this:
"Hey guys, just dropping in for a quick (non)update. I've been on a ~2 month hiatus after some important matters came up at work.
My current plan is to release before the new year."

Soon.

This One of the bigger changes storywise I'm planning is making the villain be a bit more ever present.

Don't have a name for her decided yet, but basically it's just going to be her and Recon Guy in the beggining.
Mario starts questing to get the Macguffins (currently thinking magic living keys like that faggot from PM64) to keep her from collecting more of them after she gets the first one during the prologue.
As chapters go on, she's going to be appearing to try and beat Mario to the Macguffins and slowly amass partners of her own that will fight with her or for her as minibosses/bosses throughout the story.

Basically, she'll grow and develop like Mario will as the game goes on.
She's not some evil mastermind with an army, just a charismatic street punk.
The general threats in each chapter will be people that already own/guard the Macguffins, and the villain team following or ahead of your trail.

Forgot picture. By "her" i mean the Phanto Girl.
REALLY need to figure out a good name for her.

Don Pianta's style of talking

The Pirates style of talking

Rawk Hawk

The fact that Xnaut base is on the fucking moon

Pennington

>My current plan is to release before the new year.
>2 months
Can't wait to see people fucking around with it. It's gonna be funny to see the early crappy rom hacks & see super great ones in a few years.

Only because it focuses on a character other than Mario and Luigi

The overworld was trash, it even made Paper Jam's overworld look better

The minigames are fuckinng redundant especially when they require touch screen

Bowser doesn't get his own Battle ring

I thought you meant there was going to be some villain side story, either SA2 style or TTYD style with partners.
It's still pretty cool that the villain is getting her own partners in her battles.

I was actually considering that. Not sure how deep into that I'd want to go though.

There WILL still be a Peach section, but she's not getting kidnapped this time around.
Her shit will basically be an overarching story where she gets bored waiting around for Mario, and the guy guiding their quest (think that goomba professor from TTYD) tests her then sends her off to get one of the Macguffins by herself (no combat, just stealth peach adventure shit like from 64/TTYD).

Early crappy rom hacks are still gonna feel fucking great, we will probably be able to make some short but sweet thingies with it.
I like that peach idea, though paper peach would probably go on her own wouldn't she?

Oh, yeah, that's what I mean.
Basically, it'd be like
>End of Ch. 1 - He sends her on some menial task
>Ch. 2 - He has her do something more complex
>Ch. 3 - He sends her on a more dangerous task, then tells her about how there's an extra Macguffin only she could get (pure of heart or some bullshit reason)
>Ch. 4 - She packs up stuff and leaves the city
>Ch.5-7 - tasks on the way to her Macguffin, maybe with some means of communicating with the guide guy from afar

That's super far off though obviously.

What I mean is that she has enough character to want to go and it wouldn't seem entirely far fetched for her to manage to do it without help seeing how she managed in 64.
I feel like the exact same scenario without an operator guiding her but entirely based on the princess being bored and wanting to help, maybe protecting the castle from who knows what in earlier chapters and getting the macguffin in the end may feel more satisfying than her being thrown around by some NPC.

>Mario starts questing to get the Macguffins (currently thinking magic living keys like that faggot from PM64) to keep her from collecting more of them after she gets the first one during the prologue.
>As chapters go on, she's going to be appearing to try and beat Mario to the Macguffins and slowly amass partners of her own that will fight with her or for her as minibosses/bosses throughout the story.
Ayy, I've heard this one before.

Good luck with your fangame, user. Rival duels are my favourite vidya trope and I can't wait to see how you pull them off.

where the fuck is sushi

She's sushi, user.

Sushi is & always will be forgotten in that image.

Sushi'd

I shoulda been more specific.
Since I'm going to be aiming for the prologue, I have the story beats written out for it:
>pastebin.com/9cJR6ACH
All subject to change of course.

Basically, this starts similarly to TTYD, with Mario going on vacation WITH Peach to a new place in their world, a New York style city.
Between chapters, they're going to be staying at the Penthouse suit of the guy who starts them on the quest, who himself was originally hired to get the Macguffin/keys.

Peach being able to get the extra one on her own would be a bit much, so the guy would basically send her on this side journey to start with, but it'd be her quest overall for the rest of the time.
In this early concept that is. Everything could change depending on how things go.

Puffy penis?

a bulge people will easily recognize!

Anyone know where this mini-game is? I remember it being shown off during E3.

Complete one of those rotating colored doors (the ones you hit with your hammer to match the colors) then return to it later and it'll have a rainbow color added which will unlock that mini-game.

Ah, alright, that explains what Luigi meant that one time.

Icefrog?

Why is luvbi a loli, she should be a teen

I had an idea for a paper luigi game where bowser kidnaps the princess and takes her far away so mario has to go rescue her, but it was just a decoy to get mario to leave and bowser erects a giant forcefield around the mushroom kingdom to take over to prevent mario from getting back in and stopping him and so by default luigi has to go save the day by destroying a bunch of outposts that keep up the forcefield.

Between chapters you'd play super mario bros styled segments as mario trying to get to peach kinda like bowser from ttyd.

At the end of the game you save the day and mario gets back with princess peach and all the toads rush up to him af misattribute the victory of bowser to mario.

How awful does this sound?

I'd play it

the more i see of this game, the more i think it looks actually good and i want to buy it. even though i know it will disappoint me, just like Sticker Star

help

Watch it on youtube then

So what is the gameplay like? If I hate South Park, would I still like it?

Just get the torrent, play the game and get it when it comes out if it's worth it.
All of the games shortcomings are gameplay-based, don't follow 's advice.

>Mario Party 10, Kirby Rainbow Curse, NES Remix
>Shovelware

He can watch it on Youtube and evaluate it for himself. That is how you tend to see if a game is good or not, not by playing it. What difference is playing it going to make? It's not going to change anything.

It'd say it's always better to experience something by yourself, especially if it's that easy.
Watching a youtube video will have him see how well that person handled the battle system and see that person play the game, while playing by himself will let him go at his pace, enjoy everything his way, go where he want and see if he does or doesn't enjoy the peculiar battle system.

I mean, we know what it looks like, even without watching a video, the question is actually having it in his hands for a while and see if it bothers him.

Fair enough.

Guru, Cooper, and Grave are really good designs.

>If I hate South Park, would I still like it?
No, not in the slightest. If you dislike South Park jokes this is going to make you hate life. The gameplay is also relatively easy and extremely exploitable due to any status effect, especially Bleed.

>Shy Guys will continue appearing in games despite being the most overused uninteresting garbage enemy ever.
They are actually the ones making this game great.