ASA is investigating No Man's Sky for false advertisement

gamezone.com/news/advertising-standards-authority-is-investigating-no-man-s-sky-for-false-advertisement-3444032

>After the active player count for No Man's Sky dropped below 1,000 players on Steam, it's safe to say that the highly anticipated game had a rather rough release. It appears as though things are getting worse for No Man's Sky, the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) is investigating the game after receiving "several complaints."

>After No Man's Sky released in August for the PlayStation 4 and PC, there were claims from fans of false advertisement perpetuated by the game's creator Sean Murray. False advertisement wasn't the only complaint, there were also bugs that caused quite a few players either refunding the game or simply quit playing.

These cunts deserve it. I requested my refund after 1 hour of playing this monstrosity.

Other urls found in this thread:

webm.land/media/321B.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=AE0nuW-mQ8A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southbound_(2015_film)
youtube.com/watch?v=A8P2CZg3sJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=D2BXeZCDTgA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

poetry

What will happen to Sean if the ASA deems it as false advertising?

All Sean had to do to avoid this was not lie through his fucking teeth every time he opened his mouth.

Probably fines.

That's what you get for falling for the hype surrounding this meme game.

I wish Ubisoft was next.

They won't be allowed to advertise their products anymore, it means those are what out already and will be made later

Ubisoft is too big of a company

rip

hopefully they geT made an example of, tO stop the ongoing trenD of just selling bullshit from game Developers. not mentioning any names of course.

>it means those are what out already
you know, when you're trying to clarify something it helps to start with a sentence that actually makes some semblance of sense.

The ASA is a self-regulatory industry body. They are only concerned with advertising, as in, adverts published by advertising companies. If they find that certain adverts misrepresent the product being advertised, they stop the adverts. That's about it. There's a bit more nuance, but the basic point is, ASA doesn't give a shit about interviews or tweets or pre-release footage or anything like that, they only give a shit about adverts.

sorry for bad engrish my western friendo

Someone post Sean's introduction to the game.

You know the one. "I feel sick writing this." etc

Are you ok user?

I bought the game at full price on release day. I still play it when I take hallucinogenic substances.

I remember playing Kane & Lynch on ketamine, at one point I had to stop because I wasn't sure if I was playing a game or going on an irl murder spree. Fun times.

LOL DUUUUUDE WEEEEEED XD

How long until we get the 30 articles calling us entitled?

>since game doesn't have multiplayer and we have all boxes done already..
>we'll put something to cover the online feature on the backbox!
took them long enough

TODD

What was so bad about it?

I mean, you entitled faggots will bitch about anything, and if you're that stupid to believe game hype then you deserve it.

Torrented it, saw that it was Fetch Mission: The Game, got bored, uninstalled, and forgot about it.

Then I see everyone losing their shit about it like a bunch of whiny bitches.

are you still not sure?

both of these are wrong. The ASA does not hand out fines, they simply tell developers that they can no longer use the advertising material that was deemed to be inappropriate, or in extreme cases, will run a counter-advertising campaign against a company.

ASA is not about prosecution, but about minimising the damage caused by the false advertising.

>What was so bad about it?
>saw that it was Fetch Mission: The Game, got bored, uninstalled, and forgot about it.

you answered your own question without even taking a breath between them.

why did you make this post?

Nowadays the only drugs I do are booze and coke, so when I go on murder sprees I think I'm playing vidya.

It was the most anticipated game on PS4 moron, when THIS shit is the most anticipated game you know there's a problem

What was so bad about this thread?

I mean, you entitled faggots will bitch about anything, and if you're that stupid to believe thread hype then you deserve it.

Opened it, saw that it was Complaints: The Thread, got bored, hid thread, and forgot about it.

Then I see - actually, it's just you, you're the only person doing this - losing their shit about it like a bunch of whiny bitches.

You're allowed to hype up your game to ludicrous levels, but you are not allowed to blatantly lie on your product page. And they did blatantly lie on their product page, and continue to do so.

>why did you make this post?

I wanted to pretend my opinions mattered.

here you go, frogposter

I got you user. That other guy was a fucking dipshit I guess

2 posts apparently

Every interview given had false advertising in it. Also every time they showed the game in advertising interviews it was a version of the game that didn't actually exist and had mechanics and features that are nowhere near being implemented in the actual game.

>calls people entitled
>pirates his games to """""""demo"""""" them
wew

That's such a HIDEOus assumption user.

To be honest, some people are somewhat blowing it out of proportion. The shit market oversight agencies usually deal with is legit scammers like the Indians telling old people their computer has a virus; they don't particularly care about the $60 of your monthly autismbux you've spent on a video game that did not live up to your expectations.

But that's completely orthogonal to the issue ASA is pursuing here, they don't care about your expectations from before the launch, they care about the game's advertising as it stands, and all they care about is having it removed, not punishment of the developers.

>we live in age where getting screwed out of your money and complaining about it is considered "entitled"

>board about video game discussion
>why are people discussing video games
This isn't rocket science, the game was bad and people are discussing it being bad. You can call it unnecessary all you want but that goes as much for this thread as any other.

I pirated all the games I've ever owned. I don't even have a job, I live off disability money from a disability I fake, in government housing. I am the ultimate leech. And I am proud of it. Society has never done anything for me, so why should I do anything for them? Society didn't give me a girlfriend. Society didn't stop Kevin from bullying me in school. Fuck them. I think I'm now going to use some of my foodstamps to go buy me a meal that lesser enlightened people would have to work for.

That's what you get, Kevin. That's what fucking happens.

Genuinely agree with this sentiment even if it's pasta. That said, I work because I don't like to lie, otherwise I would go for the same deal.

I ignored all of the advertising and 'hype' (as I do for everything else) and never got burned in the first place. Didn't even pirate this piece of shit. Looks like an even more feature-incomplete version of Spore with better visuals.

I did get plenty of great material from all of the fucking retards who actually fell for this shit though. Lots of funny shit there.

>with better visuals
debatable.

I hope Sean gets fucked in the ass.

Reminder of what could of been.
webm.land/media/321B.webm

>What was so bad about it?

>Genuinely agree with this sentiment even if it's pasta

you're retarded and have a very shitty life.

we did it reddit

what a huge faggot

I hope you and your wife's son are still enjoying No Man's Sky.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10/10 m8 you deserve this (you)

Nothing.

But if a class-action lawsuit comes to fruition it will be damning evidence

STOP PRE-ORDERING VIDEOGAMES

Thank you.

>People go nuts when a indie shitter pulls this
>No one gives a shit to a large scale as this when Ubisoft or other devs do it
Don't get me wrong, NuMaSk seriously deserves this shit.
But so does Ubisoft, if not far more even.

the problem is not the stuff they said before release, it's that they still say it after release when it's evidently not true.
You can call people morons all you want, but allowing blatant lies is a bit much.

>watch pre release footage
>watch post release footage
>mfw the game is nothing like what we were shown

I blame consoles.

>>No one gives a shit to a large scale as this when Ubisoft or other devs do it
People tore Ubisoft a new one over their E3 footage, the difference is that Ubisoft doesn't lie about the game's features post-release.

Oh no I'm not defending NMS dev.

I just want consumers to inform themselves and not be stupid sheep buying into hype and bought media.

A man can dream.

>inform themselves
Thing is this wasn't a case of overhype, this is a case of outright lies and deceit to get consumers to buy a broken game. I didn't even buy No Man's Sky but you have to see how fucked this is.

>going after a small indie studio for doing the same shit as every major dev studio

Other companies deserve far worse than this guy.

I got a refund as well by not buying that shit to begin with.

youtube.com/watch?v=AE0nuW-mQ8A

They've got shitloads of evidence

>that last tab

literally nothing
its another american self created organization with no legal authority anywhere in the world
they will get some meaningless worthless gaming press news pieces taking about t though

they're british you moron

This is actually really good. If they get in trouble for their lying, then that would make other developers (or rather, publishes, in most cases) understand that they can't make false claims about the content of their game. And consumers will understand that this is possible, and make it more likely to happen to more shitty devs/pubs in the future.

So why this game? Devs lie about their games all the fucking time why is the ASA starting to care all of sudden. Is it just because it's a smaller group of developers?

same shit

I think it has to do with the straight up lies and absolutely nothing to back it up that makes this different. And the hype was unreal.

no, it's because they have lies on their fucking store page, which other devs don't usually do.

What did people see in this game pre-launch? I knew would be shit the first time I saw it (one of the E3s I don't remember). Their big thing was exploration, but that's fucking boring in vidya (ie hold W and move your mouse around).

absolutely, have you seen the mods that came out within the first week of the games release? Some like the low flight mod or the larger and better floral mods feel like they should've been in the base game.

>I don't like false advertising but I get EXTREMELY ANGRY AND UPSET whenever anyone does anything about it

Hey fucko, if people start getting serious with little companies, eventually the big ones will cave too. You're probably some entitled shitass millenial who thinks nothing is worse having unless it's perfect and given to you for free.

Considering we're on Cred Forums, it's very likely you're a millenial too, so stop using that as an insult before you know what it means.

kek

Because this is blatantly lying about features that are not in the game.

JUST

What's that from?

Holy shit what movie. I want to watch this

>if you were born sometime in the last 40 years, you are automatically a bad person and I am entitled to discard your opinion

Stop this meme you stupid fuck.

Look for a horror movie at your local gas station's media shelf.

Can you please just tell me the movie. I have a passion for horror movies especially the shitty ones

He didn't even imply that you retard.

>ellipses after he mentions universe
>twice
What a shitty writer.

>gay sex with hats on

Good man.

>He didn't even imply that you retard.

Then what did he imply?

Lel the price has dropped to £24 on amazon uk and I still won't pay that much.

I think it's because they lied about the gameplay features of the game.

ASA doesn't care about graphics or AI downgrades, cut content, etc.

>I
>I
>I
>I
Holy fucking shit, go back to 3rd grade and learn how to write.

Ha ha ha! Oh, holy shit. This made my day.

Are open world fags that desperate for a good game?

How did anyone see this during its reveal and actually think it was going to be good? Are the words "SPACE" and "EXPLORATION" enough to sell a game these days?

They've always fudged the truth, but I don't think they've ever outright lied about features. Like, they've never said "X will be in our game!" and then keep saying it until the day before it comes out to say it won't be in there. The worst they do is treat it as the second coming, but that can be defended as subjective interpretation of something that is actually there.

Sean just straight up said that something that wasn't in the game was in the game.

Aren't they based in the UK too?

Kek, it's cringey, but I like the "I'm sick x 100" version more. Can't find it, though.

Now, I'm not exactly a master of my craft, but that isn't good writing.

I mean the only thing that I can think of that they lied about was the multiplayer. But then again they never showed off multiplayer or even mentioned it in any of the official trailers so it's kinda iffy. I doubt anything major will happen to them anyways

Well the trailers looked good and he did basically lie about features that would be in the game.
>that alien there is a 'scientific race'
No Sean, they're all the fucking same glorified vending machines.

That people shouldn't use the word millennial without knowing what it means. Get some reading comprehension.

who is todd

maybe read the fucking thread and articles to get the specific list of things the ASA is pointing out.

>Videos:
>User interface design
>Ship flying behaviour (in formation; with a ‘wingman’; flying close to the ground)
>Behaviour of animals (in herds; destroying scenery; in water; reacting to surroundings)
>Large-scale space combat
>Structures and buildings as pictured
>Flowing water
>Speed of galaxy warp/loading time
>Aiming systems

>Screenshots:
>Size of creatures
>Behaviour of ships and sentinels
>Store Page in general:

>Quality of graphics
>References to: lack of loading screens, trade convoys between stars, factions vying over territory

this is not about things they showed pre-release, this is about things they show right now, at this moment, on the store page.

Southbound.

He really didn't seem angry. It seems like a pretty honest question and a good point of discussion.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that they're smaller but also scale. Every AAA company has done the same thing as Sean. Issue is that what Sean lied about was absolutely massive. Like, unprecedented amount of lying for a game so widely popular.

I did imply that, you retard. Are you sure you're responding to the correct post?

>implying that he is also a millennial means he implied he is a bad person
You have autism.

Nah there's fucking loads if you watch the gameplay/commentary videos he did before release.
Siding with 'factions' is one of the top of my head.

you know a lot of those features were probably cut because of the ps4, I mean weren't there mods that fixed the low flight issue and added larger space battles?

It's called... fuck. Southbound, I think.

It's an anthology film, like VHS. It's not... great? It's not awful or anything, either, just kinda meh. There's something good about every segment, all but one of them has really bad parts, and none of them conclude in a particularly satisfying way. It doesn't tie together well into a cohesive way.

so what? They're still advertising the game as having these features, when the game does not have them at all.

About time if you ask me.

Google says "southbound" after searching for "flying skeleton monster".

The monster actually made me jump when it shot forward. I wasn't really expecting that.

Thank you user. going to watch it now

Is Sean Murray ok?
Its been a while since I heard anythig of him.
Did he kill himself?

thank you

Sean Murray here, I'm okay.
Just taking a nap on my gigantic pile of money.

poor devs got thrown under the Playstation bus

Then what did he imply?

they pretty much willingly did a somersault under it.

I'm not sure who's implying what anymore, let's just drop it

so it seems to be more of a problem with the ps4 and sony rushing the game rather than them skipping out on features.

better get some cushions, that pile might dwindle very fast, very soon.

yeah, and ASA isn't blaming them for broken promises of the past, they don't give a shit about that at all. They're blaming them for promises they're still making in their advertising material.

He probably didn't know what he was getting into, all he saw was having his games on store shelves and the major boost in advertisements

So all they really have to do is remove one video, one or two images and redo a few paragraphs. Gee, they'll sure learn their lesson.

ASA doesn't have the power to do anything else but badger them.

Look, if you're really upset about it, just start a class-action lawsuit. That's what people do in situations like this.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southbound_(2015_film)

ASA has the power to pull ads. Sure, ad companies could refuse to comply, but there's no benefit to doing that, since the ASA is the advertising industry.

My theory: since their offices were flooded and the insurance couldn't cover that, they made NMS to get quick bux.

so that makes them have even less power

Pulling ads isn't exactly a heavy punishment when the game has already stopped selling copies.

Seriously, class-action lawsuit. This is ripe for exactly that.

oh nah I'm not upset about it, I do think it's wrong that they're using older videos on their release page but I'm not sure I care about it enough to make a bigger deal about it.

From what I heard from friends and my own experience with the game is that it's a neat little title if it was 15 bucks or whatever but people act like this game killed video games for them, like people were going fucking nuts during the launch week.

>I blame consoles
Games made with consoles in mind typically look better than games made with PC in mind for some reason.

Ubisoft always covers their ass by including shit like "alpha gameplay, footage is not indicative of the final product" in all their bullshot trailers

Cred Forums still so fucking fixated on this one game that it needs two threads to discuss a the same news story from two different sources. See I knew you'd fuck it up Cred Forums. You might as well be working with the shady publishers at this point

ASA has nothing to do with 'punishing' anything, it's a self-regulatory body focussed on the integrity of the advertising industry, the only thing they care about is adverts fairly representing products.

As for a lawsuit, I don't see any grounds for that, would you care to share your reasoning on that point?

>people act like this game killed video games for them

Really? Because the only thing I've ever seen is people being justifiably annoyed about this topic for around 30 minutes at a time, tops.

Look, you can't just say that anyone who disagrees with you is having some sort of meltdown. The game sucked, people are interchangeably annoyed or amused that it sucked, and that's pretty much the whole story.

Again the sad thing is there is plenty of valid complaints people could still be making about this game but Cred Forums fucks it up with its agenda like approach and just being rock fucking stupid every single time. It's actually quite astonishing in the NMS case.

>As for a lawsuit, I don't see any grounds for that

The company misled its customers about the product it was selling, which caused the customers harm (paying for a product they didn't actually want to buy).

Class-action lawsuits are pursued all the time for exactly this reason. It's half the reason they exist to begin with.

You really are dense if you can't grasp this. Do you think that companies just lie all the time and get away with it? No, they tend to get sued when they do that, which is why they try to lie as little as possible.

>There's something good about every segment, all but one of them has really bad parts, and none of them conclude in a particularly satisfying way. It doesn't tie together well into a cohesive way.
This sounds to me like Junji Ito.

What is Sean thinking right now?

I don't think that's deserved. It wasn't a good game, but that's the fault of overhyped media

Honestly, he isn't that bad. To be fair, I don't know what he said for FO4 but the other games I can't blame him too much. Toddposting is a meme only, it's not real enough.

Now, Peter Molyneux is a true candidate. But I stopped buying after Fable 2 so I might be wrong nowadays.

Well I mean a 12 year old can solve that one. When you have a specific set of specs to work with, you can map out art, physics and engine assets a lot more efficiently and predict what's gonna work and what's not going to work with a title you're making. I mean I'm pretty sure that's a widely known benefit to consoles.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bitching about it ceaselessly and obsessively on a trash internet forum instead of getting and playing and sharing in better fucking games will fix things though I imagine?

i'm not sure.. but he sounds like a great guy

>Non-government organization "investigating" company for false advertising

Why should I care?

Whats the no mans sky dev team saying about all this shit happening right now? I haven't seen a single response by them

>The company misled its customers about the product it was selling
Did it? The only misleading thing I noticed was fagface spouting bullshit in interviews and tweets.

Although you do have a point in general, in this specific case, I don't see any grounds for it. Aliens Colonial Marines was a much more egregious case and that class action ended up dismissed.

Good luck with that and breaking moronic millennial gamers of their Stockholm syndrome like attachment to marketing hype and bitching about it after the fact. If people don't learn their lesson after all the recent high profile misfires of marketing BS then they never will so whatever.

We know, this board has been over it hundreds of fucking times already. Either join the campaign against it where it actually matters or let it go unless you really went to still be dwelling on it in 2020 long after Sean Murray's twitter account has ceased all activity.

>The only misleading thing I noticed

How can you be this dense? What the fuck do you think this thread is about?

>maybe read the fucking thread and articles to get the specific list of things the ASA is pointing out.

>Videos:
>User interface design
>Ship flying behaviour (in formation; with a ‘wingman’; flying close to the ground)
>Behaviour of animals (in herds; destroying scenery; in water; reacting to surroundings)
>Flowing water
>Aiming systems

>Screenshots:
>Size of creatures
>Store Page in general:

>Quality of graphics
>References to: lack of loading screens, trade convoys between stars, factions vying over territory

>this is not about things they showed pre-release, this is about things they show right now, at this moment, on the store page.

>What the fuck do you think this thread is about?
I think it's about people mistaking fagface spouting bullshit with actual marketing. They're two different things.

>maybe read the fucking thread and articles to get the specific list of things the ASA is pointing out.

>Videos:
>User interface design
>Flowing water
>Aiming systems

>Screenshots:
>Size of creatures
>Store Page in general:

>Quality of graphics

>this is not about things they showed pre-release, this is about things they show right now, at this moment, on the store page.

Again, if the ASA decides that's false advertising and pulls the ads, there's no need for a class action. The ASA has nothing to do with a class action suit anyway. If people decide to pursue a class action suit, that's independent of the ASA. And given the way the class action against the Aliens CM went, it seems to be it's baseless.

I agree with you that whatsisface misrepresented the game. For the sake of argument I'll agree the marketing is misleading. But as far as I (and the legal system, apparently) am concerned, that doesn't automatically mean 'class action, guilty!'

Because it's a start.

>baseless
Surely this is bait.

>class action
>europe
he actually risks more there than in the USA though, especially if they already spent the money.

So sue Sean then. If a car salesman sells you a minivan claiming it has 600hp and you buy it only to discover it does not. Who do you hold accountable? The salesman or the dealership? No one cares about the company, we just want Sean fucking necked.

>there's no need for a class action

Pulling ads won't magically put the money people wasted on this game back into their wallets.

The point of the lawsuit is to get that money. Both so that the consumers are compensated for the damages inflicted and so that the company is punished for inflicting them in the first place.

>Who do you hold accountable? The salesman or the dealership?

The dealership, retard. They're the ones employing the conman. You go after the dealership so that they'll fire their shitty employee and not hire any shitty employees in the future.

It's the dealership's responsibility to make sure they aren't hiring thieving motherfuckers.

Jesus christ, has Cred Forums literally ever left their house? You people have no idea how the world actually works.

>I've seen kids weaned off minecraft lose themselves

Given the ACM class action, any potential NMS class action is probably baseless. I agree it was hyped in a misleading fashion, but that's not the same as having a valid class action.

Sean wasn't selling anything. I agree he was a de facto marketer, of course, but in legal terms he's not a marketer, and in legal terms there's absolutely no basis for suing him. If there was, then almost every developer would get sued, from Romero to Molyneux. A class action would apply to HG and Sony, not Sean personally.

>we just want Sean fucking necked.
Well that's fair enough but don't expect the law to be your tool, it doesn't work that way. Do it yourself or contact the mafia or something.

>Pulling ads won't magically put the money people wasted on this game back into their wallets.
So?

>The point of the lawsuit is to get that money.
What lawsuit? Right now there is no lawsuit. And people are talking about a potential class action, fair enough, that may or may not happen, but given the history of class actions, even that wouldn't put any money back in anyone's pockets.

That's my point fuckface. If Sean made deliberate lies as the face of the company then of course theres a case and it isn't baseless at all. Fuckwit.

>What lawsuit? Right now there is no lawsuit

HOW

FUCKING

RETARDED

CAN

ONE

MAN

POSSIBLY

BE

THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF THE LAST 25 REPLIES I HAVE WRITTEN TO YOU WAS TO SUGGEST THAT A LAWSUIT SHOULD BE *BEGUN*, NOT THAT ONE ALREADY EXISTED

LITERALLY HOW CAN YOU EVEN BREATHE WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY BEING SO SUFFOCATINGLY STUPID

IT'S JUST BASIC READING COMPREHENSION, user. NOTHING FANCY. JUST READ THE FUCKING WORDS ON THE FUCKING SCREEN.

>misleading
Wow, it's almost like you haven't fucking done your research. Here, have a 16 minute video with 3 million views full of contradictory and blatant lies said by none other than Sean himself. Oh, yes, so misleading!

youtube.com/watch?v=A8P2CZg3sJQ

Literally the most cancerous thing to hit the industry in decades.

>says the exact opposite of what I wrote
>"that was my point!"

Wrong. Completely, absolutely, obviously wrong.

Don't reply to my thread again.

How fucking retarded are you?
Americans everyone

dude you're getting angry at someone being retarded on Cred Forums.

>played into my trap
>no counter argument
>Hurr durrr it was merely an act!
literally lmao'ing

Doesn't that make the ASA entirely useless ? The game's already out, the majority of sales (and refunds) have already passed. They have no use for the false advertising material anymore. Preventing them to use it does almost nothing.

I already addressed the idea of starting a lawsuit in the post you replied to.

Not within ASA's remit.

I get you guys are pissed off with all the bullshit fagface spewed leading up to NMS' release. I am not defending shithead or NMS or SONY or HG. They are all cunts. I am just pointing out that the 'justice' you want from a class action is almost definitely futile.

>anime image

>definitely futile
Then just find me Sean's address.

Doxing someone and filing a class action suit against a company are two entirely different things.

DO IT

Of course it's useless, it's an entity made by the advertising industry to uphold their image, not to actually make things better.

It's the guy from Komm Susser Toddd... you know the song....KEEPS TUMBLR DOWN TUMBLR DOWN...remember?

>Komm Susser Toddd
Come sweet death?

>Todd means death
It all makes sense

So, let's say they get hello games for false advertisement. What happens next?

You being right doesn't make him wrong

THREAD THEME

youtube.com/watch?v=D2BXeZCDTgA

>Indie game
>Fully funded by Sony Entertainment

He can't stop lying even on Microsoft Word.

So if the ASA deems that the images and videos on Steam are false advertising. How does that not justify a court case? With their judgement and all the hard evidence of Sean's lies.. how is there not a case?

Give it up you guys. He's already gotten away with millions and never has to work a day in his life. You'll never get the "justice" you're looking for and he won't care how much people on the internet shit on him because he's too busy counting all the money he swindled from you idiots. This will all be forgotten in a year anyways and HelloGames will just rebrand or leave for other studios without anyone noticing.

because nobody is suing.

>"let's start a lawsuit"
>"what lawsuit? there's no lawsuit. you are completely wrong about this. also, we absolutely should NOT start one."
>"I said that we should start one"
>"that is exactly what I just said!"

You're a fucking retard.

>when THIS shit is the most anticipated game you know there's a problem

Yeah, the playerbase is really dumb. It's nobody's fault but their own

I never said 'we' shouldn't start a lawsuit. I only pointed out that given the nature of class action suits, in this scenario a class action has little chance of success.

I would also add, trying to attack HG/SONY with a class action would be a petty meaningless battle. Again, I get that people are pissed off (I'm not pissed off because I don't pay attention to marketing, because I'm not a fucking retard) but 'being pissed off' isn't enough to justify a law suit. And given that the ASA has started to investigate NMS marketing, that should be the trigger point for any potential suit, rather than a bunch of faggots crying about a shitty game.

What a cuckold

Were.

>hallucinogen
>weed
2/10 got me to reply

I hope the rest will follow: Ubisoft, EA, Actiblizz, Konami...

But let's tackle the Star Citizen case first.

Star Citizen has to be released or at least stop updating for it to be called out

They missed like a dozen milestones already, and the game should be finished by now according to the original planning.

You say it like they were some kind of banking multinational tied with colombian narcos and the russian mafia.
Jesus Christ dude ubisoft is a small fry for the judicial system of any fist world country, nobody gives two flying fucks about this guys being big fish in the videogame wold.

its habbeding

There are people, on this board, right now, who were hyped for Spore 2.

And not just any Spore 2, a Spore 2 made by indie devs with even less resources and funding than EA, whose only game development experience had been making shovelware.

Video games are worth more than Hollywood.

dang thats some quality animation

>that last tab
Gay sex with what user?

Spotted the newfag.

I wish they never gave anybody refunds because if you were stupid enough to not be able to tell how much of a huge piece of shit this was going to be, you deserve to lose your money.

>types "gay sex with hats on" in Google
>doesn't go the extra mile to finding the actual Pornhub video

Or at least I think it was Pornhub, it's been a while.

>Implying this is not Sony fault
Sony is the guilty of this case!

HELP!

What do I do with my 60 bucks that I saved by not buying this game? There's just SO MANY things I could buy instead. I can't decide guys.

Mankind Divided

Get a cheap prostitute?

Now we're talking!

dude, how can you say people are blowing thus out of proportion, the guy lied like. charlatan, he literally told people his team reworked the periodic table if elements and had real simulated movement of celestial bodies/physics. none of this was true. there was no simulation, no advanced technology or science in the game , just a bunch of uninspired, rushed shit.

I just ordered a Tali'Zorah statue for $60.

I like the statue/model idea.

I'd get a United 757 1:200 scale; they're $65 on amazon including one day shipping. Something I could enjoy for years.

what is this new meme

no, don't fall for it.

i punched the final boss out cold like i did everyone else and the game just ENDS.

Why the fuck doesn't the ASA do shit about literally every other AAA game ad then

no man sky such a fucking meme even the law is in on it

>"I'm literally shaking right now"

>implying an ASA decision to pull ads wouldn't help in a class actions suit.

>Get fed with NMS
>Look around for similar games
>This one appears on my feed
>Remember looking about it
>Pirate it
>Works online with friends anyways
>It's fucking Star Trek with friends

This is awesome

NMS a shit, there are better games out there

Don't worry; I wasn't about to fall for it.

I plan to enjoy my spare $60.

DUDE

Imagine how sweaty Molyneux must be right now, reading about this.

Nothing will happen and he will continue to get away with it because the retards who care about shitty, dreadful "games" like this are passive aggressive, lazy pussies who will expect everyone ELSE to sue him for them, and no one will end up doing anything because of that.

Investigate all they want, nothing will happen.

Seems pretty biased since no one has looked into MK X lies or KF2 Lies and they were more than just meme magic