They are going to remove children in FE15 right?

They are going to remove children in FE15 right?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/4lpy9y/favorite_ghostly_gold_prebattle_quotes/d3p87xa
iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/fire-emblem-fates/0/0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I fucking hope so. If they don't, then I guess that proves how inept Intelligent Systems has become.

Derprealms

There's no way. Kids are extremely popular.
They just need to find a non-retarded way of implementing them.

I think they're here to stay at this point, too much money in it.

I fucking hate them though. They were okay in Awakening, that game had a buttload of other problems, but Fates would've been a much better game without them for how pointless they were.

At least the DLC with them was pretty good.

>Kids are extremely popular

From what I recall even the Jap players didn't like the kids this time around except one or two.

Fates needs a lot more changed and fixed than just the deeprealms.

Awakening did it right though, It had lucina dimension jumping. The children in fates have no fucking reason for being there. Kamui was main focus and yet they added the children in for "popularity"

The children mechanic could be the core aspect of the game, if they decided to split the main story in two different parts in the next game. During the first arc, you use the parents to determine their stats and carries over to the second arc where the children become the main protagonists.

They already did that in Genealogy of the Holy War (the first implementation of child units I might add) and I get the dumb feeling that they don't want to repeat that just because of it.

>FE15
when

I never played Genalogy, what was bad about it? Or do I need to experience it myself to see why it was so shit?

They aren't going to remove children because that's the fruit of the support function as well as one of the main draws of the "new FE series", now every FE game in the future will have children shoehorned in along with a greater focus on supports.
Don't like it? Don't support it.

>what was bad about it
>why it was so shit

FE4 is and always has been one of the best Fire Emblem games in terms of characters, story, and raw stratergy. Anyone who says its shit is some post-FE13 shitter who doesn't know how mechanics not tailored for 12 year olds work.

As long as we get Team Ninja and Marvelous Entertainment Inc., collaborating on armor desigs, I could careless

I wish they would but children are part of the reason its so popular. Fujos and shippers love them and they're the main audience now.

>Team Ninja and Marvelous Entertainment Inc., collaborating on armor desigs
So destructable bikinis?

Why are you assuming it's shit without anyone even commenting anything about it?

FE4 is different, it was from before they hit a formula to keep repeating for the games. Game has only 12 chapters, but each has various castles to seize and you can use all your units at the same time. Many dislike the big maps, others love them.

So, care to explain why they don't want to add the same child units like they did with Genealogy ???

Because it would involve dropping hot, fiery rocks on the entire cast of generation 1, and that's something they don't have the balls to pull off in the modern industry.

If they ever have any kind of change to the game in which you can't access the first gen units, a bunch of people would get buttmad because "muh husbando/waifu dead :(((".
Also the fact that if the games continue to have an Avatar, it won't work since you wouldn't be able to use your own unit for the probable latter half of the game, which people will also get mad about because you can't use your shitty OC.

tl;dr no real reason as to why they couldn't, just the fact that people would be upset about being unable to use first gen units (including their avatar and by extension their avatar's spouse)

What an interesting source.

FE4 worked by killing the whole cast of gen 1, thus why the kids had to take up the torch. They're not killing a whole gen anymore.

I mean we are already there, why not go further on that mindset, if you know what I mean

Considering how most people, including in Japan, disliked how the kids are handled in 14, either they need to re-think how they currently implement them or drop them. Personally I'd go for drop. I don't think current IS could do another Genealogy.

Did Japan like the fanservice?

Because that would require a good plot and actually justifying the existence of child units. The second half of Genealogy is playing as the child units because the first half of the game ends with Sigurd and his army being led into a trap and slaughtered. Then 17 years later Sigurd's son leads a liberation army to take back his country from the Loptyr Empire.

I thought Japan found it a bit much for Fire Emblem. That the kids weren't that well received is more obvious, since none of them are particularly popular, unlike Awakening, which had a few that were.

Call me edgy, but that sounds much more interesting. I just can't wrap my head around a cast of late teen adults having kids from another realm visiting their parents in Fates. The only notable adults are onii-chan, onee-chan and some of the retainers.

It's pretty bizarre that a maid that they released essentially no pre-release information on ended up being one of the best characters in the cast.

Was that based on polls or are you just guessing?

It's not edgy; it's a good plot twist. You spend all that time leveling up these units and then they're all wiped out. Then the villain has no one who can oppose him and he unites the continent in his empire. By the time you play as the child units, everything has gone to shit, the empire oppresses everyone, children are hunted down and stolen from their parents, and common citizens live like slaves; it's up to the gen 2 kids to make everything right.

I feel like all the best characters in Fates are only best because they barely got any attention in supports and other retarded shit. The more focus anybody got, the shittier they end up being, with some exceptions. Pic related shows two individuals on the opposite ends of this spectrum.

Popularity is just polls. I think I saw something else about response to the fanservice mechanics, but it was obviously quite some time ago now, so I won't defend Japan's opinion too hard.

Now, for realsies

>Binding Blade Sequel.
>Includes Binding Blade fullly translated on realease as a extra bonus game
>Eliwood is assassinated by a Dragon
>Roy has long hair now and no cape, also, has remourse for not saving Hector
>Roy goes mad in anger and almost kills ideen, Lilina stops him and goes on another journey for revenge.
>The continent starts cracking and the skies grow darker day by day
>It turns out Zephiel was the only thing stopping a Star Eating Dragon from destroying the universe
>Demons created by the dragon start emerging from the cracks and when Roy and pals are about to lose...
>Fucking Lyn with an eyepatch comes in and saves the day
>She explains that she left the continent to search for Mark, but returned when she heard Eliwood and Hector were kill
>They get the Sword of Seals, but its on bad shape
>Mark returns and is your avatar.
>Almost final battle, Ideen in kill
>The Sword of Seals is powered up by Ideen's sacred dragon blood, turning it gold
>everyone gets transported to an afterlife or spmething for the final battle
>It turns out Eliwood faked his death to seal the dragon within the Durandal but got possesed by the drsgon
>Roy kills the dragon and the demons fall down the earth and the skies turn blue again.

>Roy is deeply broken by killing Eliwood and unifies elibe under his command.
>Lyn marries Mark
>Lilina conforts Roy and both live happily ever after
>Eliwood and Hector say goodbye in ghost-form
Boom.

Oh yeah, and conquest level design and choice making.

Yes user, they'll also remove the self insert.

>Lyn marries Mark
>not Serra
Stupid tripfag.

If you said Florina, i would at least consider your opinion.

Maybe i would let Lyn to marry FemMark just to please the millenials.

Can we get above 240p graphics with more breast physics? It's not like story is gonna get better anytime soon.

Would you rather avatar or a lord that is gender locked to male mage or a sword wielding female?

Sword weilding female.

Buuut, we already have that with best girl lyn, so male mage would be the biggest innovation.

I don't really care about children being in or out, it was a cool concept that went along with the story of Genealogy and Awakening. They really had no point in Fates, although I don't see what the big issue is.

I would prefer if they focus on Multiple story lines in the next one. If they focus on having unique characters and maps for each scenario, I would prefer it over children. Like, 3 different Lords leading 3 different armies into different scenarios or dealing with different bad guys with slight relations to each other, then a culmination scenario like the one in fates.

Male mage provided magic isn't shit.

But magic is OP in awakening user

God the way they tried to implement children in Fates was terrible. At least in Awakening, even if it wasn't a brilliant story, there was still a reason for your army to have kids and for them to end up in your army. In Fates, it amounted to "hey lets just let the characters fuck".

I swear Fates must have been developed by 3 separate teams, at the least. One team wrote the actual story including the family elements (which weren't even good to begin with), then whoever was designing game mechanics decided to include marriage which fucked the family element even further considering the fact that the game lets you marry your siblings (this also ruins the actual Birthright aspect of Birthright, considering the fact that the marriage options reveal to you that you really aren't Hoshidan). Then there were the people who actually wrote the supports, and managed to make them even flatter and less interesting than the ones for Awakening.

Nah man, the reason the characters were a cardboard cutouts in support scenes was due to the shitty localisation. NoA are incompetent with translation and try to attract a broad audience.

IS has a history of games selling poorly, Awakening being the only exception and after Codename Steam, I think they were afraid Fates wouldn't sell so they took every effort to put as much fan service at the cost of story.

Yeah, the original Japanese script was so god-tier, fuck NoA

I would say the original, original Japanese script was god-tier, since IS stripped 90% of the writers ideas.

How would you know what the original japanse script was like? Are you a shill? If so, post it you faggot, dont talk shit

reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/4lpy9y/favorite_ghostly_gold_prebattle_quotes/d3p87xa
Shining example of top-class modern localization.

I'm referring to Kobayashi's original script, butchered by IS to what Nips have and then further butchered to nothingness by NoA localization.

>Kobayashi's original script,
Post the script.... I would like to see how FE would have been like.

What makes you think the script was any good, aside from the solid premise?

There is no proof IS ever butchered his original script. That's a meme that originated on Cred Forums for which there is no source.

I hope so, I was fucking pissed that every male-female support had to finish with them getting maried and having a child.

There are more pressing matters to fix in fire emblem than to remove the shitty kids, like, you know, fixing the story so that there's a point in including them, making characters and units interesting AND viable, adding balance, branching options for that replay value, new classes, more tactics options, etc
But given that FE is going mobile....yeah...

>butchered by IS to what Nips have

Stop running around citing pure myth as if it's fact. There's no proof that Kibayashi even wrote a good story.

Who the hell is Shin Kibayashi? What the fuck has he even done to earn any notoriety? All I've ever heard about him is that he's a mangaka.

Heres the story

>Nintendo came to Kobayashi with just the barest ideas of what they wanted to do with the game. Their intentions were to get a solid, interesting outline from a skilled writer, which they could expand upon with their own ideas, and take inspiration from it.

>The draft he sent to Nintendo was the 1,500 page script, written as a full expression of his ideas, without any input from Nintendo, with the hopes that they would use the script he submitted with as little changes as possible.

>Nintendo, upon receiving the script, is in a difficult position. They asked for a framework, and they got a finished product. And this finished product, in some ways, did not agree with the sort of story they wanted to tell. Changes had to be made, but they wanted to salvage as much as possible. But this hacksaw approach to editing the script, without any contact with the original author, is what gave us the final result; an unclear, confusing storyline created by cutting out parts that were inappropriate, and the insertion of new parts without regard for the meaning or coherence of the work as a whole.

He's a manga author. None of his series were huge in the west.

He'd done other stuff, but that's basically what he is. I don't know where people got the impression he was some kind of Faulkner reincarnated. This is the guy who gave us Get Backers and Dead Brother Soccer.

So, nobody knows who Shin Kibayashi is.

>Removing optional features

Treehouse could use someone like you.

So was the script good or not? I heard slime dad and the plot-throne were a part of it, which would indicate otherwise.

>no source links

*citation needed*

You're gonna need a source for that.

In Japan there are probably people who do.

The original script had more character development and background. For example, the entire history and even of how slime dad came to be and the relationship of Garon to Sumeragi before Slime.

I think those two posts indicate people do in fact know who he is.

iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/fire-emblem-fates/0/0

Where am I supposed to be looking?

I'm guessing he wants us to read the interview and interpret their conversations from face value

Why are people insistent that FE14's horrible script and story is a result of malicious editing rather than just bad writing? Hanlon's Razor, people: Never attribute to malice what could easily be caused by stupidity.

We can safely assume that the original script was better than the finished script, on account of that not being at all difficult.

A steaming turd would be a better script than all three routes put together.

Because people trying to sell the game have NEVER tried to spin things in a way to manufacture a narrative, am I right?

Nobody ever said it was malicious editing.

It was incompetent editing, so Hanlon's is working fine.

Pretty much.
>i wrote 500 pages for Hoshido instead of 10, so then I ended up doing a lot for the other two as well
Then they move on. The main thing to take away from the interview is that it was Kibayashi who pointed out streetpass is stupid and you need to have other ways to communicate with players. Hence the castle data.
You absolutely cannot ever assume that about a draft script or any other kind of initial text, as anyone who's worked with writers professionally can tell you.

Why? The rule of thumb when it comes to pop literature is that the less edited the work, the sloppier it will be. Just look at what happened to the Harry Potter books once her editors stopped doing their job, or the Star Wars Prequels without anyone to tell George Lucas what ideas worked and didn't work.

They just need to do a proper generation skip. Make the previous cast older and then make the second generation the main cast in the second half of the game.

They're too worried about points of no return pissing off casuals and "ruining" people's waifus to ever do it though

And get a good writer

>Nobody ever said it was malicious editing.

"But this hacksaw approach to editing the script" sure sounds like attribution to malice to me.

Once again, *citation needed*. All you've done is link the Iwata Asks interview. You haven't shown us any actual proof.

Yeah, but nobody was telling Lucas what to do for Episode IV because nobody cared and look how that turned out.

Lucas also had to fire his original editor because he was a moron that fucked the whole thing up according to Lucas.

Here, i'll post where he got the quote from.

He had more than just editors helping him, you know.

>remove kids and cut back on the marriage shit
>bring level design back up to par with older games
>bring back the classic art direction
That's all I want.

Now who's not using Hanlon's Razor?

>serenes
Of course.

Of course, but like I said nobody cared. Everybody but him thought the whole thing was laughably bad.

no, we will get another pocket dimension baby factory.

You fail to bring me citation, and instead present me with a post-purchase rationalizing link from Serenesforest. A site that's just as biased as Cred Forums.

Is there any reason to care?

The next FE probably won't be on 3DS, and you'd have to be an idiot to buy Nintendo's next hardware after this generation.

You're still going to buy it, though, aren't you?

Not a chance.

Why isn't cute doggo in this picture?

Don't respond to cancer.

Oh no, FE4 wasn't bad. At all. It is a really amazing game. I've started with the series on 6, and played the games that followed. After Awakening, and before the release of Fates in America, I've decided to play the older games. Played Gaiden (FE2), and it was pretty fun for me.
Then I started playing FE4, and I was completely hooked. I'm at chapter 9 right now, and the game is really good. And now with the new translation, it can be enjoyed better.
I recommend you play it. You won't regret it

That's not exhibiting proper no-life behavior. You're gonna buy it because you have nothing better to do with your life than compulsively buy whatever franchises you've bound yourself to, just like how I got wrapped up into buying this abomination despite having seen that abominable April 1st trailer.

Or they could put a little more effort into not making them look like color swaps of the originals.

It'd be great if the story focused on a band of nomad mercenaries that fought over generations in numerous historic wars. That'd be a great excuse to focus on children, though you'd have to age or outright kill off/let the parents die from age through a timeskip.

Nah.

Forrest is cute! CUTE!

You're lying. You have to be lying. You're using Cred Forums, for god's sake.

>bring level design back up to par with older games
Conquest at least managed that. Now if they could just care a bit about characters and story I would be happy.

That just proves he's telling the truth, this is Cred Forums. Nobody buys video games here.

Nobody even plays video games here.

If nobody on Cred Forums watches anime, then how come there's always constant Steven Universe threads on /mlp/?

...Wait, mashed 4 sentences into one by accident.

Fire Emblem is How much fanservice can I put into this:the game now user.

I'd like a genuine time skip to justify children characters again instead of the inter-dimensional oven. Either that or just don't have them in; that shit realms thing in Fates was easily the worst way they could have done it

This. The last Fire Emblem game I bought was Awakening. You put the clues together.

Sophie was fucking adorable though

Lucas didn't have much to do with IV, it was that other dude he worked with whoose name i cant remember

Subhuman daughters a qts

Hopefully. I like how some of them look but fuck it was stupidly done.

Rate my Lyn
(Yes, i know the background is shit.)

5/10

keep working on your art, its pretty good

Manface, but other than that it's not bad.