Will they ever make another classic turn based Final Fantasy? 9 was my all time favorite...

Will they ever make another classic turn based Final Fantasy? 9 was my all time favorite. I feel like the newest FF games aren't even FF.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r5U30DKaYFw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

well the mobage will be more FF to you than FF13-3, they are shitty gacha grind games but they mostly all function around some semblance of an ATB and job system, at least.

I have played Final Fantasy 8,9,10, 10-2, and 12.

12 honestly had loads of content I enjoyed it so much

they will never make any FF as good as FFIX ever again, this is squenix in 2016, everything changed so much and they wont produce something with as much love and as solid now as they did back then.

Its not even ''le 90's were better'' or being a contrarian, its the truth, they were as good as they could be, they had amazing details, the OST as godlike, the world felt so wonderful and magic, the characters were so genuine for the most part, the charm and light hearted moments of the games were perfect, the themes of each game.

Its over, there wont be any more 2D mainline FF, there wont be any more prerended backgounrd FF with amazing art style, they want the full weeaboo audience and the AAA industry shekels, its fucking over.

I'm so sad but it is how it is, times change and FFIX will stay a relic of the past along with many other great FF titles.

>Will they ever make another classic turn based Final Fantasy?
Record Keeper
Brave Exvius
Dissidia Opera Omnia

World of FF is turn based, right down to the "characters step forward and swing at nothing, but enemies still react" gimmick.

Final fantasy will never be good again. Squaresoft died at 10 and so did the series. Even though 11 was amazing

>Final Fantasy didn't went to shit, it's evolving!
>That's what the franchise is about

FF9 accomplished a couple things for me that no game ever had. For a ps1 game that old it had some qualities that were certainly stand outs compared to games today. This is all pretty biased seeing as its my favorite game but hey. I feel like I actually visited the places you stop in this game. I feel like I actually got to know the characters enough to care. The OST on 8,9, and 10 were superb as well. I find myself youtubing the Esto Gaza and Dali themes when i'm feeling nostalgic

Although 9 is my favorite, 10 was quite an experience itself. I'll admit the ending made me tear up as a kid and NO game ever did that to me. What I liked about these FF games the most was the amount of content. Even these days knowing it all by hand I still look back and think about how fun it was the first time.

The hot and cold chocobo game on ff9 along with finding the locations on the chocographs was probably my biggest love hate relationship

>12 honestly had loads of content I enjoyed it so much
>tfw you start reading interviews about the behind-the-scenes and what XII could've been
>tfw Square Enix has driven away or fired all of their talent and are now milking this dying cow for all it's worth

If you love XII, or loved it, don't buy Zodiac Age. Whoever is driving the bus now has no soul, and neither does this remaster crap.

I still have my original copies of all my FF games so no need.

Side note: you just reminded me there is no team to work on Skate 4 : (

IX is also my favorite of all time, and I do the same regarding the OST, Dali, A place to call home and You're not alone are some of my favorite and most dear pieces to me, I played the game when I was 15 and it was my first introduction to a FF, nothing has quite matched that game yet in my eyes.

The overall theme of one's mortality, life, death and the development of the characters together with the dialogue and the story events are a masterpiece, I can see some flaws this game has but nothing too big on my book since I dont mind the slightly slower battle times and I understand some arcs were rushed due to budget/time limits.

I know they wont ever be able to conceive somehting like that game ever again, they wont go back to creating sotries like that one and games with the core of exploring the world and unravelling the narrative through masterful artwork and visuals and little details, music, text, etc.

truly a masterpiece, even if I'm heavily biased I wont ever forget this game.

youtube.com/watch?v=r5U30DKaYFw

yeah I feel like everything came together so well story/character/overall theme wise. You get to see every characters journey as a person and them coming to grips with reality. The only rushed arc I really had a problem with was Freya/Fratley. Wasn't TOO much back story on it and he was just like yeah i dont remember you and then dissappears lol. I enjoyed finding all of the gear and grinding to learn all of the abilities. The vast amount of little nooks and crannies was my favorite part. Always some sort of relic or story tucked away around a corner. I rush through most games but this one I actually enjoyed talking to every NPC etc. I read a little article about how just in 2013 someone had found something in-game not widely known. It was something about how with each boss you defeat in Memoria it'd trigger new dialogue with a Tantalous bro rebuilding the hide-out in Lindblum. I never went back to do it myself. My newest saved file is at the entrance to Memoria. My once a year nostalgic playthrough normally ends there

ff ix is love
ff ix is life

i think it should get the overhaul treatment like vii is getting. and then vi.

>even the cat from Dali is in the picture
I love it.
Also IX Moogles are best Moogles.

Maybe, the treatment that FFVII is getting seems pretty annoyingly cash grabby what with the segmented release.

The nice thing is that FFIX doesn't really NEED a reboot, especially when you consider the PC release's texture upgrades and such.

Crystal chronicles are best moogles

>I love Classic FF!
>IX is my favorite
I always find anyone who says this to be a fucking phony. If you really loved classic FF, then IV, V, and VI would be your favorite. Fucking Playstation kids.

Ivalice Moogles a best.

It just so happens that before I even knew what FF was I was gifted 9 and that's where my journey began. Is this such a big deal to you to have to comment like that? It's just funny when I see people like you comment in that manner; makes me wonder what you're like in real life. Or do you just have no outlet for anger so you anonymously post shit. People like you give off this elitist vibe that makes me never want to visit this board. It's crazy how diverse people are on Cred Forums and from board to board you all mold to the newest trendy culture. If being gay was the next big thing on Cred Forums you'd probably hop on that train too huh?

>not understanding that Cred Forums is always rude and shits on you
You can return to reddit if you want a hugbox.

>If being gay was the next big thing
>the next big thing
user, how new are you?

I've never been on reddit before it's just funny to me after lurking for so long and watching how people act on the site. I just want to understand what goes on in the head of people who shitpost. Not so much that guy but anyone

>IV, V, and VI
>classic FF
If you really love classic FF, your favourite would be one of the first three games. Fucking SNES babbies.

I still haven't played this game, but I really want to (the only FF that I have played are X, XIII XIII-2).

Is the Steam version any good? better than the PSX original?

I've been lurking on Cred Forums for 10 years now. It was just an example. Should I have said "if Cred Forums jumped off a bridge would you?"

why end it there?
I feel like Necron is the perfect ending to the game's themes, its somewhat deep and not well explained through text but it is surely there, I love Memoria too, my favorite final dungeon of the series probably.

seeing as Cred Forums is gay as fuck, that was a terrible example.

Not too sure you'd have to ask these guys. I still have my ps1 and original 4 discs I play on lol

i just want them to make this game available on PS4. nothing is stopping them, it worked great with 7.
8 would be nice as well.

I'm always so drained by then. I've beaten the game so many times there's certain parts I don't want to deal with haha. The chocobo hot and cold game is one of them but I end up doing it anyway. I'll never forget going through Memoria and Necron etc as a kid. Some of the stuff they talk about is pretty heavy for a childs mind

>Is the Steam version any good? better than the PSX original?
It's great. Backgrounds should've been updated, but the texture updates are nice enough. And there are options to speed up the game and such.
There's also a mod to change it to pure turn-based battle rather than ATB, and add guest characters like Beatrix to your party on a permanent basis if you're into that kinda stuff.

The talent behind the game doesn't even work on squenix, they're all gone. They can't make a real FF even if they wanted to. I don't think people (including myself) understand how much time has passed since that era. For some perspective - FFIX was released 16 years ago. That's like talking about 1984 in the year 2000.

I'll admit 8 holds a special place for me to. I used to watch my step dad play it. I remember always being like "save over my file so i'm this far too!". He always did but eventually told me I'd never enjoy it unless I did it myself. Came home from a trip one time and he had all the end-game stuff I was so jealous. It wasnt until years later I got to appreciate it myself. I still go back and listen to Fishermans Horizon and Breezy themes. Out of all the FF games I played this one felt the most life-like. Obviously aside from monsters and magic etc; the rest of the story felt quite real as it dealth with "students and politics". I feel like some of these games were strewn with real world values that we were too young to understand

>didn't went

Yeah that's a really good point. All I know is whoever as a collective made 9 they did a good job if you ask me. I used to bring up 9 here a couple of years ago and the only response I got was people saying this game was for those "furries?" or whatever. Those people who like to dress and fuck as weird characters? I never played into that part of Cred Forums I assumed it was just trolling. I never saw 9 that way after reading into their points.

As hard as it is to accept, Playstation era FF is currently considered classic FF, while the SNES games are seen as relics by most. The original versions of the first 3 are legitimately ancient and dated though

Managed to actually replay the game first time ever since launch thanks to the faster battles.

Also somehow they've managed to preserve the better quality in game cinematics

If there were no FF characters from previous games I would be interested.

Bravely Default only needed more budget but had all the ingredients to be classic FF title.

Bravely second is shit , I agree.

8 is the only squaresoft FF i haven't played yet.
finished any other game except 5 and 9.
loved 9 so much but never got past disc 2 because the game froze when zidane and garnet are on that small boat on maiden sari, so ii'd welcome FF9 on ps4.

What's wrong with Bravely Second though?

Lol that's funny you say that. My original 4 discs are in piss poor condition and I can pinpoint exactly where my game will freeze. That part you just said is one of them. The very beginning when you hi jack the ship and crash into the Evil Forest. So many more

can't remember my disc 1 freezing but disc 2 had some on the outer continent.
1st time entering black mage village
that FMV when seeing the lifa tree not far from a save moogle
and the one i mentioned.
i could easily get past the first 2 by opening/closing the disc tray, but it never worked with that boat scene.

The one where Bahamut destroys Lindblum is a 100% freezer for me but I somehow get it to work everytime. I forget the name but also when you get Garnett's first summon back where you have to solve his riddle. Ramuh? The FMV right outside there did it everytime.

Literally rehashes all the first game dungeons and cities.

OST is now shit.

Most enemies are rehashes, even superbosses. Save point guy, dragons, etc all the same shit.

The plot went into retarded directions, the game is pretty much filler. Altair and Vega revelations were not really interesting. It also retcons a few things from the first game lore wise.

The battle mechanics and balance improved, at least. The graphics too.

I disliked all the rehashing as well.

Generally speaking, as a person who just finished the first game and hopped onto the sequel; the game's alright.

I'm not too far in yet, but as long as I don't have to do the same bosses 5 times a row again, like in the first game, I'm fine with it (not that you had to do them, but still).

The not Imperial Germans are also fun, heck the Kaiser even has the willy hand

Never heard of the game y'all are talking about. Worth it?

This is funny. I thought 9 was the most boring out of the series followed closely by 10. Fuck that soccer minigame. Rather have cards. Personally, im really interested in where they're going. Playing through the 13 trilogy and currently half way through 2. I prefer the atb system to the wait and pray. You gotta react more quickly and move faster. I cant wait to see how it evolves.

Anyone play The Last Remnant? Noticed the use of the button combos in 13-2, but they're on the light side compared to remnant.

I understand the feels for nostalgia, but i grew up playing all the "relic" square games. So its nice to see them improving the game play along with the graphics, otherwise youre just waiting on rereleases like 7.

Great, another circle jerk for the most boring game in the franchise.

Freya a cute

World of ff bruh. Will be the best ff since ix

Bravely Default is a pretty fun game, the characters are all nice and Ringabell is our brethren.

Just get the uncensored, undubbed versions of the games though.

Get that dick in your hand

Also to add, the game turns to pretty fucking dark and depressing real fast holy shit I didn't prepare for all that

I want to FUCK kuja, and to a lesser extant freya, and also kinda lani and eiko, damn there were some attractive characters in IX

The first part of FF II remake isn't even likely to be out till 2025 the way Square Enix development cycles work in the modern era. Gotta delay delay delay as you try to get as many commercial tieups nobody rightly gives a shit about as possible and continually redesign the game from scratch for no plausible reason. What I don't like about modern FF is how streamlined the games are and how little they feel like RPGs. It's like everything changed at Square after Kingdom Hearts came out and while the first one was great it caused them to decide Nomura was their answer to everything and to start designing as many games around the action RPG system as they could.

all i want is Ruby, darlin'.

The guy that did the artwork for bravely default and some of the FFIX backgrounds was unfortunately the last truly talented person to leave the company and go freelance. Don't blame them cause the only person that seems to even get acknowledged ans supported within the company anymore is Nomura. If you aren't him there's barely any point in working at Square Enix with how out of touch and corporatized it's become.

>Undubbed.

Game has dual audio.