ITT: Games where you are the bad guy

ITT: Games where you are the bad guy

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=neck yourself
lmgtfy.com/?q=Being lazy
youtube.com/watch?v=wMXE3fulO8g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Views may vary

You're not the bad guy in this over-ratted game until you are told so at the end, previous to that you are an American Soldier following orders.

>Awkward moralizing, is awkward

;_;

That's the best part though
You really think you're helping, but you turn a bad situation into a complete nightmare

(Except you're actually not)

>tfw the more you try to help, the worse the situation gets, and you are clueless about it until it's too late and everything starts tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling doooowwwwwwwn

>following orders
>ignorance is excusable

Just fuck me, what a great game it could be

The following orders excuse doesn't even work, they were never told to stay and fuck shit up.

>Spec ops
>Bad guy

You were a victim of circumstances and fought for nothing more than your own survival.
Using the white phosphour was a strategic move that guaranteed your survival.
Also, Mowing down the civilians after they hang your friend is just plain revenge. Took pride in launching a nade in the mob, killing almost everyone and then just shooting the 2-3 survivors.

>BUT WALKER DIDN'T HAVE TO CONTINUE, HIS SUPERIORS TOLD HIM TO FORGEDDABOUTID.

It was a long time ago since I played, but I remember the circumstances being so that the Taliban scum had slaughtered the military personnel they found, and they decided to get good ol' revenge on the disgusting scum. Upon which they were kind of just hurled into events and happenings, such as the CIA fuck and whatnot.

Every WWII game ever made.

But they were forced to.

>Imblying normal soldiers are omnipotent and know that their orders aren't best.

As a former military man, we get told orders are our new holy scripture, failure to follow orders due to neglect can result in a heavy fucking prison sentence and repayment.

Desertion is met by a bullet.

no you were the bad guy, the twist that the last heroes were also bad guys

> "Twist"
> Literally every "good" character in the game is a cartoonish asshole, so you won't ever feel bad about killing them.
Dressing in black armor doesn't make you evil, user.

Walker went fucking mental after WP attack so he made up the whole Conrad being the bad guy to justify his actions and got his friends killed.

Also that whole "he didn't have to continue" thing falls incredibly flat in a linear game. I get the story they were tryin to tell, but this was not the right medium for it.

I'm not sure.

>over-ratted

except that if you join the American army since Vietnam, you are making a conscious decision to be a bad guy.

Following orders doesn't remove morality. Bad is still bad. Honestly, the reason the US lost Iraq was because we lost the morale high ground during the whole clusterfuck.

>we get told orders are our new holy scripture, failure to follow orders due to neglect can result in a heavy fucking prison sentence and repayment

Sounds like you're already a prisoner, or were, at least.

Can't imagine how men who were drafted felt. I'm sure the forlorn praises of being a hero keep them warm in their graves.

Yeah, alright, now I remember that.
I'd still like to plead self defense on the fact that they continued, I tried to play through the game once more and not shoot any marine. But they shoot at you and you cannot progress without killing them, and their radio towers and shit were still shady bussiness, it managed to make them look like bad guys to Conrads men, who were not afflicted by the mental degradation Walker was suffering from.

Say goodnight to the bad guy!

Uncharted series

maybe. but being in a questionable position, and just following orders isn't the immoral part.

Making a conscious decision to Join the US military since Vietnam is the immoral part.

We are not prisoners, more like property.
It's not that they try to hide this from us, you actually have to sign a paper that basically tells you that you belong to the US government until your military time is up.

My old instructor told us of when he was at leave and went sunbathing. He got burned badly by the sun and was almost charged for it because he had damaged state property so that he couldn't return to his military post (It might not have said "State property" or whatever, but basically the same).

It's a sacrifice you have to make to protect your country :^)

Hi

>protect your country

LLLLLLOOOOOLLLLL

You probably voted for Bernie Sanders too.

I wish I had something to protect. I'm not anti-state, I just can't find one I like.

Maybe I'll move to New Zealand, although I get the feeling they hate when people move there just for the sake of it. Not that I blame them.

Hell, I don't even know the immigration laws for NZ. They might be as hardcore as Ireland.

Yeah, well I can hardly blame them when the Army pumps out it's propaganda everywhere. In basically every army game except Spec Ops: The Line the US Army have actually been involved in.
As long as your game has a positive view on American soldiers the US Army will help with providing things like military equipment for accurate modelling and sounds or whatever, I didn't read up on it too much. But you can google it.

The army actually has their very own game series called "Americas Army".

See also: every game in the series

That's why I put the shitpost face.
Only now in hindsight do I realize I didn't do much more than take potshots at Opfors.

99% of the time you can't even confirm your kill, as long as you're not special forces.

Which they stopped making because COD became a million times better at propaganda.

Assassins Creed 3

hi Cred Forums

>3

>Implying the Templars aren't the good guys in every Assassins Creed,

Wut?

nope, gonna vote Gary Johnson, because I'm not an idiot who's gonna vote for a meme.

The US military hasn't been protecting US soil for decades.

I'd even understand if the US was trying to expand, but we aren't. We're helping Israel and Saudi Arabia expand.

Our military is sold to the highest bidder. and everyone involved is just that. A sell out, throwing away american blood and money just to sell more weapons.

Well, in the context of the game universe, you play as a Templar (bad guy) in the beginning.

With your train of thought, in every game you are the bad guy, if you root for the other side.

from what I remember
>33rd wants to evacuate Dubai
>all goes to shit and panic happens
>33rd is the only authority that can keep peace
>locals don't like it - start fighting back
>CIA arrives and wants to destroy 33rd because it can cause a major conflict if word gets out that Americans are in charge of a population in foreign country
>CIA supplies locals with weapons
>civil war happens
>Delta arrives
>Gets attacked by locals because they think you're one of 33rd
>33rd attacks you because they think you're CIA
it's basically you being at the wrong place at the wrong time

>voting for a liberal figurehead

His orders were to recon and come back.
Not to go into the city and kill everyone there.
Go fuck yourself, stupid unattentive idion.

Yup.
Thanks for writing up all the shit I was too lazy to remember or look up.

>previous to that you are an American Soldier following orders.
your orders were not "fuck dubai up, kill innocent people, kill americans, destroy water reserve of people, wp the people". your orders were just checking the signal, turn back and report.
who are you fooling son?
WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP?

this guy gets it, aside from the bothering to actually vote for anyone part, since at this point it literally means nothing

but that whole "protecting your freedoms" meme is just for hicks that don't know any better and people with no future to feel like they're serving a purpose that no longer exists when they're signing their life away to sell weapons, protect heshers continuing to settle land that isn't theirs, etc etc.

example
>MY FRIEND/BROTHER/NEIGHBOR/HUSBAND IS OVERSEAS PROTECTING YOUR RIGHTS
>From who?

this is where the conversation stops, because there isn't an answer that doesn't sound incredibly ridiculous, and i'm being incredibly lax here insofar as how stupid a person would have to be to sincerely believe any of that memespam they're so practiced at throwing around

the military does not serve the function it once did, and probably won't again for a very, very long time

This kinda counts right?

Nah, we lost Iraq because our bipartisan system force the next candidate to do a 180 of the previous on the hottest topics. Commies needed no moral highground and they still won.

Yeah, we should just get rid of the military, right?

more like

>HEY POX

Space Station 13

You either die fulfilling your roles purpose, or live long enough to find yourself beating the clown to death.

They were hurled into a munity created by the CIA to cover up the Conrad's brutality during the sandstorm. There's no Taliban, they are just (((moderate))) rebels.

Yeah, been a long time since I played.
But my point still stands, they didn't know any better and just tried to defend themselves IMO.

never said that at all, or even so much as implied it, but you're clearly practiced at stretching and reaching

calisthenics?

i am not that user, i am not even american citizen, it's not about who you vote,
it's about thousands of american men goes to overseas to "protect" their country and turns in coffins.
vietnam was a false flag, 9/11 was a false flag, iraq war was irrevelant. usa is fucking world and that's all.

>you should stop doing stupid shit = you should neck yourself

wtf I hate the forest now

>neck yourself

Not even 100% sure what this means, only just recently been starting to see it. But I still giggle because it sounds funny.

So, is it like breaking your own neck or what?

>buzzwords

can't expect someone who's defending the US military to be smart.

no, idiot, we should just stop dumping all of our money into it and actually defend our borders, instead of everyone elses.

More than that, I honestly believe that Imperialism is human nature. The US has the strongest military on earth, are they suppose to simply not use it, contrary to every other Empire in the history of man?

No, but if the US is gonna use it, no more of this modern warfare bullshit. If the US wants to control Iraqs oil, they need to meet the rivals of those who also want to control Iraq on the battlefield. This not only legitimizes the US's success in the eyes of the Muslims in the region (instead of them saying Americans are cowards hiding behind their tech), it eases the blueballs the military currently has. It also makes it so each soldier knows what they are actually getting into, and prevents civilian causalities.

The lack of honor in modern warfare is the real issue with how the US goes to war.

I think if Starkweather hadn't made it personal by getting his family involved, Cash would've walked away peacefully first chance

Was Cash really the bad guy though? He was kidnapped and forced to kill until he eventually took out the Director. He does kill a lot of cops though.

lmgtfy.com/?q=neck yourself

He was a Deathrow inmate, he's not necessarily a "Good guy" but we never knew much about him other than that

I really enjoyed how this wasn't just a retread of the movie and they actually expanded on it.

It's outright stated that the cops are corrupt as fuck and that most of the first gang you meet consists of off-duty cops.

Fuck I want a Manhunt 3.

lmgtfy.com/?q=Being lazy

Accidental reply.

Don't we all user, don't we all.

The Stanley parable makes a good point that games force you to continue the story and even though you can choose what to do you aren't actually choosing anything as its all predetermined.

The illusion of choice.

Also, his game is shit because it blames you for shooting 1s and 0s.

Dark Messiah.

You can choose to purify Xanah and banish your father.

you can but after you purifier her I know you kicked that priest off the cliff. There is no point pretending to be good.

Every ww2 game

Only on Jimenez's route

There will never ever be an elder scrolls style rpg with Dark Messiahs combat
>pls kill me

You don't know how long I've thought the same thing, friend.

>it dosent matter, it was fun.

yeah. i really liked the game. should play it again some time.

it doesn't blame you for shit

its whole point is a commentary on 'all this killing is good because the higher ups told me' type modern warfare shit

thats all

I remember playing might and magic X which was fun despite being given a budget so low they had to use assets from dark messiah.

After playing there was a survey that I filled out and a question was "Would you like another game with the combat style/game format of dark messiah?"

If Ubisoft wasn't now run by 90% women who produced garbage like HOMM VI where necromancers cant even raise skeletons I believe we would have seen Dark Messiah 2 but its now too later the franchise has been run into the ground.

Yes, you always need the high ground to win

The MC of that game had such over edgy grimdark chuuni design.

I still enjoyed it. I kinda enjoy the generic ass power fantasy character in anime. I admit it.

Yup, it fucking sucks.

Just finished it, it was pretty good.

This desu

youtube.com/watch?v=wMXE3fulO8g

Spec Ops is just a great game.

>The moment when you just recently start fighting the rebels and Deep purple - Hush plays on the ingame speakers

Good shit famalam.

I wonder how it felt playing the game when it was fresh, thinking it was another shoot the bad guys military shooter. Working your way to the phosphorus bombing section. Then you see that big white blob on the heat cam, and you think "MONSTER KILL".

>You guys hear music?

Any WW2 game.

>shared the technology the jews were hoarding for themselves with all of the german people
Deathshead literally did nothing wrong

Fucking hell I love this game

Everything was his fault yet he kept blaming others in his perma sperg out until he destroyed the entire world.

Not really. Liquid/Ocelot's actual goals were pretty fucked, ultimately.
Same as the above, mostly. Solidus is more sympathetic than Ocelot though.

>I'm not going to vote for a meme
>Literally voting for memes Johnson

What

>Games where you are the bad guy
Kane & Lynch
Binary Domain
Star Wolves
Amnesia
DonPachi
Bioshock
Bullet Storm
Evil Genius
Rapelay
Dead Space
Not A Hero
Uplink
Invisible Inc
Disgaea
The Witcher
Tomb Raider
Tropico
Watch Dogs
Yandere Simulator

The protagonist is only following orders up to the first combat encounter. Everything after that, he's ignoring his orders.