PS4 Lifetime Sales Overtake Wii U In Japan

>The Wii U had actually been managing to be the top selling current-generation home console in the region for a while, though now it has finally been overtaken by the PS4.
>The Xbox One is currently sitting with lifetime sales of just 68,224 units in Japan, with the console being a dud in the region since it launched.

how we stop sony lads?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamasutra.com/view/news/263606/Japans_topselling_retail_games_of_2015_Nintendo_rules_Monster_Hunter_still_savage.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>2 years to overtake a dead console
Amazing feat, sonybros!

>>The Xbox One is currently sitting with lifetime sales of just 68,224 units in Japan, with the console being a dud in the region since it launched.

J U S T

>Cred Forums constantly bitches about how Jap games are bad and how Japs have shit taste in vidya
>suddenly their opinions and console sales matter because it can be used to bash Sony

>released 15 months after the wii u
>literally no Japanese games for a long time
>still manages to beat the pii poo

Japan sales mattering are like the sales of Portland Oregon, who cares?

2 YEARS

Y
E
A
R
S

It's pretty impressive considering most games are on PS3 over there.

I think Vita still outsells the Wii U constantly over there.

Dunno, how about ANNOUNCING THE FUCKING NX FUCKING ALREADY? IT'S FUCKING OCTOBER 2016 ALREADY, JESUS FUCK!

NOOOOOO JAPAN IS SUPPOSED TO BE NINTENDOMINATED

>how we stop sony lads?

You don't.
As long as Nintendo continues to cling to old, defunct practices it will continue to stagnate and lose ground to Sony.

Face it, they are borderline suicidal at this point.

in 2009 retailers removed all xbox products from shelf's and refused to sell them, you can only buy xbox's online.

I guarantee it was because of pic related.

I might also pick up a cheap used PS4 after sony fuck everyone in the ass with the Neo so I can play this.

This is just sad, gaming is as good as dead in Japan.

It take them long enough, huh?
Too bad they won't surpass 3DS sales in Japan.

Reminder that Japan loves handhelds (3ds, vita).

Reminder the NX is a handheld.

Reminder that's the NX will destroy Sony.

I wanna see that

PS3 and Vita are the kings of Japan

>NX won't have Neptunia, Senran Kugara, Persona, Dead or Alive, and other weebshit that's huge in Japan
>people think it'll beat the PS3 or PS4

>the wii u took 3 years to sell 10 million units
>the fucking dreamcast only took 18 months to sell that much

nintendo is finished

3rd party is the only option left imo

Nobody cares about their jank hardware, not even their devs

How do you know it won't? Sony expressed no interest in a new dedicated handheld, so these games have to go somewhere.

How can Nintendo fuck up so hard, again and again? Are they doing it on purpose? Do they want to go full mobile because they know it makes triple the money console gaming does?

How can a company, that only needs to give there loyal fans, exactly what they want, fuck up again and again?

>huge

Is that why Vita and PS4 got slaughtered over there by the 3DS?

>20 million 3DS sales in Japan
>Lol no one cares

>Nintendo continues to cling to old, defunct practices
If Nintendo doesn't charge for online like greedy jews then I'll be completely fine with that

gamasutra.com/view/news/263606/Japans_topselling_retail_games_of_2015_Nintendo_rules_Monster_Hunter_still_savage.php

Why are weebs so out of touch? Like I swear if I listened to you fags, I'd sound completely crazy to everyone else.

As long as Nintendo has Monster Hunter, Sony won't be surpassing shit

Wiiu is a year older....people keep forgetting this.

Nintendo's Monster Hunter mainline series contract is expiring soon. It won't be long until 3DS stops being supported and Capcom is pretty much forced to make Monster Hunter V(ita).

>Sonyggers still believe this

So the best selling Nintendo game in Japan is a non Nintendo game

eric

>i-it's not expiring
>d-d-delete this

>Iwata sold his soul just to have Monster Hunter on 3DS

the absolute mad man

>I-I-It'll come to Vita! We SWEAR!

>Vita
Lol. Can Sonyggers stop perpetuating this meme that the Vita is slaying it in Japan? I see it everywhere I go for some reason. 3DS still outsells it by like x2-3 every week with NX coming within months...

>I-it's just a contract guys! I swear!

And what if they sign a new contract?

Vita and PS4 already got a Monster Hunter spinoff title recently, it won't be long before the mainline comes over. Especially when PS4/Vita is selling like hotcakes in Japan right now while Nintendo is declining.

>Frontier Z
>The game that's on fucking everything

I hate to break it to you m8...

>Especially when PS4/Vita is selling like hotcakes in Japan right now while Nintendo is declining.
3DS outsells both of them almost every fucking week, what are you smoking?

Why would they bring it to Vita though? PS4 sure, people are actually buying it. But Vita is dead in the water at this point. They want to sell the game outside Japan too, so Vita is simply a stupid choice. They'd be better off just keeping it on 3DS.

>Especially when PS4/Vita is selling like hotcakes in Japan
Took PS4 three years to overtake Wii U and Vita is not selling like "hotcakes" fucking anywhere, you're delusional.

No

>already got a Monster Hunter spinoff title recently,
You mean the game that's on every console in existence?

Great argument user

Why did they bring Tri G to 3DS when 3DS was selling worse than PSP?

>and Capcom is pretty much forced to make Monster Hunter V(ita).
Monster Hunter 5 will be an NX exclusive.

>Took PS4 three years
It was 2 years.

They stopped themselves when they swept the Vita under the rug or really, they just don't have Pokemon. Have to wonder if the PS4 will even outsell the PS3.

The most surprising part of this is hearing that the Wii U was actually selling that well in Japan.

PS4+Vita is outselling WiiU+3DS

Can't wait for the NX to be confirmed a region-locked console in 2017.

>NX exclusive
dead on arrival

And is in turn decimated by the 3DS.

>VGChartz
>Moves goalposts to global sales

Look at those numbers again, you colossal retard.

>Why did they bring it to a new platform instead of one that was on its way out and was notorious for having poor software sales all-around
Gee, I don't know.

Vita is not a new platform, there is absolutely no reason to bring the franchise to that platform instead of something new(er) or just keeping it on 3DS. They can't sell the game outside Japan on Vita and its days are numbered in Japan as-is.

Portable 3rd was released at the height of PSPs piracy and its still to this day the best overall selling Monster Hunter title in the series.

>Vita North America
>140
What the fuck

Why does region-locking even exist?

So Nintendo can sell Japanese people 3DS games for $70 instead of importing them for $40

I dont fucking get it. The wii u was made for japan and the piss 4 was for the piggus. What the fuck happened its just no fair!!

>One person bought an Xbox 360 in Japan
>All these defensive platform warriors

Why can't you faggots just enjoy games? I have a PS3, PS4, Vita and 3DS and have fun on all of those machines.

Not really. Gaming's just different.

>still believing in the contract nonsense
They do it as a gesture of goodwill, to maintain a good relationship with Nintendo, who has historically treated them well and basically bends over backwards to make it work with the Monhun Team.

>the system that can natively handle both being portable and connecting to a tv getting monster hunter
>dead on arrival
>in any country
HEH

Japanese actually bought PSPs. Vita is nowhere even close to sniffing the PSP install.

Let Sony tie it's own noose and climb into it. People always forget how Sony tries to shit on it's customers after it's gotten comfortable.

The PS3 debacle wasn't THAT long ago but I guess it kind of was if you're some gen-z faggot.

Why would people in Japan even by an Xbone.
That's something I'll never get.

>People always forget how Sony tries to shit on it's customers after it's gotten comfortable.
What are you talking about? They're already doing that. Remember the PS Plus price raise and the shitty PS4 Pro announcement?

>copy ps4/vitas remote play feature
>pass it off as a new innovative gimmick
lel, I see Nintendo is taking cues from Apple.

Muh consolewars

MODS DO YOUR FUCKING JOB

In the old times it was due to actual hardware differences, like the different SNES regions having different designs and different carts, where you'd need to get an adaptor to play ones from a different region because they were physically designed differently. It was also an issue of different technological standards like NTSC TVs being 60hz while PAL TVs were 50hz, causing games to run at different speeds and thus making games from different regions questionable to release on TVs of different refresh rates.

These days the old PAL standard is gone and consoles have universal designs, so there's absolutely no justifiable reason for region-locking to remain. The reason it does still remain despite this is due to greed, as different markets have different standard prices for games, where Japan and Australia pay significantly more than America or especially most of Asia, and so consoles are region-locked to prevent people from importing games for cheaper prices as this cuts into the domestic profit margin.
Persona 4 Arena is a good example, for some retarded reason Atlus decided to make the American release completely dual-language instead of just dual-audio, and with that they also decided to make it one of only a few region-locked games on the PS3 to prevent the Japanese from importing it from America. This then became an issue as the European release was delayed for 9 fucking months and no one could import the US version. Atlus responded to the region-locking complaints by making Ultimax region-free and taking away the Japanese voices instead of just taking out the Japanese text option.

>Not having a CFW PS3 to bypass the region lock entirely
fucking plebs

The Vita's remote play requires having other systems to work. You can't just fucking jack it in, or stream wirelessly straight to the TV.

So, yes, I can imagine the NX being somewhat innovative in this regard.

>Delettttttttt!!!

pre-launch hype that it would continue to be the fighting game console of choice like the 360 was.

lel.

Honestly Sony selling like shit in Japan is to everyone's benefit except Sony, but they're the ones nobody should give a shit about. It just means the companies are forced to localize just about everything to get more oversea sales. So many series this gen that are getting localization that never happened last gen. I'm fine with it.

The Mon hun Team love the double screen feature.

It's basically going backwards on the Vita.

This, the localization push for yakuza suddenly is amazing. It was all but confirmed it'd tanked in the west, and they'd never ever localize again. Lo and behold here we are. They're giving it another shot.

>Old defunct practices

BOY I CANT WAIT UNTIL NINTENDO STARTS CHARGING FOR ONLINE THANKS TO THIS FAGGOT

Fuck you

It's not fair! Japan is Nintendo's turf, and Playstation is western dudebro trash!

We want broken games with 10GB day-one patches too, right? And DLC out the ass for every game they make? I mean, Nintendo needs to modernize and get in touch with what modern customers want.

I wonder how they'll get by that with the NX.

Click sticks for menus to pop up on the sides? When connected to the TV, display a bottom screen?

>Sonyponies actually believe this

kek

They need the bottom screen really, all interviews point to the MonHon team pretty much using that as the deciding factor of the game staying on Nintendo for so long anyway. The MonHun team really don't care about graphics.

Maybe the NX has a Miniscreen?

Don't forget, turning all our games into cinematic experiences? Why would you want to platform yourself when you can do a QTE to get the same effect?

>"Nintendo needs to adapt to the current market"
>HURR THEY SHOULD BE SONY/EA 2.0
Stop.

Nintendo needs to just go third party like Sega. NOBODY actually enjoys buying Nintendo hardware. People just want to play their first party games.

If they keep the clam-shell design but it has higher specs and can work with TVs then I'll be happy.

The clamshell has been fucking amazing ever since the GBA SP.

Remind them that the Vita exists

>Stop

Sony/EA is the fucking market. This is what people want when they say they want them to "adapt to the market".

I actually don't care about their first party games so much. The actual, legitimate reason I buy Nintendo products is because there's so many other things that will just show up on my PC eventually and nothing will be different. Meanwhile the reason I like Nintendo at all is specifically because of the gimmicks.

>oh god I want to play their games so badly but I refuse to get the console to the games I want so badly oh god

This never ceases to amuse me.

Then they should continue doing what they're doing. They're just about the only thing that keeps gaming from stagnating altogether.

>Meanwhile the reason I like Nintendo at all is specifically because of the gimmicks.

Nintendorks ladies and gentlemen

But mobile user.
They don't even need to make games, just have their name associated with it (see Pokemon Go)

>they have a different opinion from me
>i'll insult them!
You are exactly the reason Humanity will eventually die off.

>Humanity will die off because you insulted my console of choice

No I think that's the real reason humanity will die off.

>Cred Forums is one person
Aren't you trying a little too hard?

He has a point.

The only game I see worth getting on the PS4 is Bloodborne, and it's just not that different to Souls games anyway.

Why should I own a PS4?

But wouldn't charging for online make them greedy jews?

Savage

>Vita
>King of Japan
I didn't know they released Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter on the Vita.

Nice damage control, the japs just don't want something that has no nip games

The handheld are what matter most in Japan. Look at their work ethic and you will see

Already getting the mmo remaster on ps4

No, because of your type of attitude towards others.

The aliens will come by, your type of person will make some callous insult with no real rhyme or reason, and we'll all get glassed because you're a fuckwit that can't stand any deviation from yourself.

Funny Nintencucks on Cred Forums used to boast that the Wii U had better overall sales in Japan than the PS4 and that it outsold the PS4 in the same time frame

I dont understand, writing this way changes what?Argumen still the same debunked, is it thats the only argument you have?

The delusion is off the charts.

Literally all those combined don't even sell as much as like a new Animal Crossing or Pokemon.

>240p in 2016
It's objectively shit.

The only modern Nintendo game that tried to be something other than a 2 hour linear platformer with zero challenge needed a day one 16gb patch to run properly

>Japs still eat it up

What game was that? Xenoblade X?

I just want to play Zelda and Monster Hunter on a console or handheld that's not worse than my phone.

When people say they want Nintendo to adapt to what consumers want, they're talking about offering online multiplayer options that aren't just "passable", and to stop region locking consoles.

>Xbone a very distant 3rd

This is all I care about, whomever else is winning is irrelevant.

That's a slippery slope down into hell from then on