NO MAN'S SKY OFFICIALLY BEING INVESTIGATED BY BRITISH REGULATORS ASA FOR FALSE ADVERTISING

NO MAN'S SKY OFFICIALLY BEING INVESTIGATED BY BRITISH REGULATORS ASA FOR FALSE ADVERTISING

Not just a shitty game, but so bad its illegal.

pcgamer.com/no-mans-sky-is-being-investigated-by-the-advertising-standards-authority/

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Cred
youtube.com/watch?v=AE0nuW-mQ8A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can I be FUCKING real for a second?

This community is fucking atrocious right now. You're all acting like a bunch of whiny, entitled little babies.

A tiny team of people made an entire universe for you to explore. They made it for YOU, and they're going to wake up tomorrow morning and see that instead of enjoying it, this community of "fans" picked out the 3 or 4 things that weren't perfect and are using that to fucking riot.

Guess what? The game was never going to be perfect. It was never going to live up to your hype. It was never going to be everything you'd ever want in a game.

What it WAS going to be was an impossibly big universe filled with mysteries and weird shit. I just played it for 2 hours and it was exactly that. What more do you want?

Is it buggy? Sure. Is it repetitive? Maybe. Is the inventory system imperfect and the multiplayer feature questionable and the structure unclear? Sure, fine.

But holy shit what do these people OWE YOU?

How fucking entitled do you have to be to explore an infinite universe in a spaceship and then say "yeah but..."

We should all be fucking weeping in our chairs right now at the sheer size and scale of the achievement. We should be showering the people behind this thing with the praise they deserve for pulling off one of the most inspiring games in recent memory.

Hello Games doesn't owe you the world. Yet they gave you 18 QUINTILLION of them.

If you have the fucking audacity to complain about it then you don't deserve it and you were never fans in the first place.

>so bad its illegal.

I never listened to any of the interviews so i didnt know all of the things murray promised. All I ever expected the game to be was explorable and i didnt even get that
4 different planets with swapped color pallettes
this game lacked passion to make people happy and it deserves any hate it recieves. This is the only way to teach them to make cash grabs. If they want money this easily, this is the reward they get with that money
Dont feel sorry for them, im sure theyre rich off the initial hype preorders

I like the game

Hi, Sean

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

worked on my machine!

Nice pasta.

>What do these people owe you
I know it's pasta but they owe people the game they sold people on

>what do these people owe you
What they promised would be in the game.

At least it's kind of fresh news for a change and not just a Rehash thread. Cred Forums will still manage to find some way to make Hello Games look like the reasonable party in comparison to its antics though in the long run

Wow. You gamers are what's killing game development. Can't even mess up a minor thing without you GGers fucking everything up.

I PM'd you the fix

I trust proper procedures are being generated to make this a fair and impartial investigation? Just one thing thing....will the investigators be able to see each other if they're discussing it in the same room?

They should have never fallen for the Sony meme.

>make shit indie game

>publisher gets involved, imposes deadlines and oversells your shit as a AAA title

>get caught in lies when you can't implement all your monoleux ideas before the deadline

>publisher throws you under the bus and pretends you don't exist

>get investigated for false advertising

They probably made more money than they would have without Sony's support, but their reputation is fucking destroyed at this point

good, it was false advertising

the one thing, ONE THING i wanted to do was play it like stargate, find a portal on a planet and go thru it
after a week people finally found a portal but it was just the structure and couldnt even be activated in anyway.

once a game goes gold devs need to make a video saying what is no longer in a game from previous advertised videos in the past then people cant complain at all

I can't help but notice that Cred Forums is basically the scour twitter and gaming blog sites for controversial sounding stories and then post them for people to have meltdowns over as. It's like Cred Forums is literally the video game and text/image equivalent of TMZ or YouTube reaction videos

Hi Sean. Nice feet.

I thought Murray seemed like a cool dude in pre-release interviews and thought he seemed really humble. Kind of surprising that he's a compulsive liar

I kind of know what your trying to talk about but good lord are you fucking horrible at trying to be clever with it. See

>so bad it's illegal

Literally the worst thing they can do is make the devs change the ads on the store page. If you expected the developers to actually be punished for making a bad game you're a fuckin manchild.

>Non-government entity "investigating" something

Wow thanks for telling me OP. Next you'll tell me the Better Business Bureau is relevant

You know, I would call bullshit on the whole "False Advertising" front, because with games things simply don't pan out during development. But they lied up to the very last second that they could. There's zero excuse for that

See this there , this is a rare example of somebody putting some actual effort into a zinger, not just being an angry stupid fuck and ruining a potential gold mine of comedy

>british
No one cares then

I want to impregnate Lia Marie Johnson

Nu Male's Lie never fails to disappoint with drama

take your meds homeslice

it is copypasta you dumb ass clown

boards.Cred Forums.org/v/thread/353187160/

Yeah so stop posting it... Jesus.

Only when idiots like you stop responding to it

We clearly need another 5 threads about it

LEAVE SEAN ALONE

False advertising where? Nothing he said was completely false. Anyone who bought the game and was disappointed was idiot who was overhyped. Go play OoT or FF7 and tell me how "good" those games were. I'll wait.

I pretty much agree with you, but then I saw this

youtube.com/watch?v=AE0nuW-mQ8A

I don't really give a shit, but it's sort of fucked if people were expecting multiplayer and got nothing.

They're a British company.

Bought it digitally for ps4 and refunded it.

Sank about 25 hours into it.

Its an ok game totally worth 20-30 bucks. But it is in no way what we were promised. Devs have been pulling this bait and switch for a long time but this is the first time they flat out said things like"this is real time on engine." and gave something completely different.

I never get this defense of "people assumed things" when he OUTRIGHT FACTUALLY STATED untrue things on a regular basis.

>b-b-b-but where's YOUR proof then

The 1000000 videos that have been spammed on here enough when it came out of every interview he did before release where he'd state straight out very clearly "yes, the game has multiplayer" "yes, you can see other players" "yes, you can destroy planets" "there is large scale factional warfare and you can join a side or be neutral and it has a large impact on the game" and so on while also stating often how you are discovering and exploring while failing to mention that the game resets discoveries from time to time.

Just let me know when nomansskysettlement.com opens up.

>False advertising where?
>In print
>On TV
>Online
Take your pick.

>entitled
Anyone who uses this defense should be hanged

No justice, no mans sky

sean is a tool

Those are the threads that stay up.

Sean murray is on suicide watch

They really managed to train literal slaves, damn

I'm starting to think that it's these type of people that are ruining games. they suck the games dick never say anythings wrong with it and will turn a blind eye if they do some shady shit while defending their actions by blaming the consumer

Don't cry for him, he's already dead.

> Americans actually believe non-governmental market regulators have any power.

This is a token investigation that is all, nothing will come of this.