So I just bought this game

So I just bought this game.
Did I fall for the meme?

Its one of the best games of this gen. If you enjoy it, try the dlcs. THe first one at least was very good, havent really touched the second.

bought the GOTY edition
i can lose 50 bucks if it's bad

I also bought the complete edition, I'm about 60 hours in. Its very good, the beginning is a little frustrating because your limited to only 2 skill slots and you have no potions. But once you start leveling up and crafting better gear and potions the game gets more fun.

see i heard the combat system is bad so i decided to play it on death march first run
>obligatory
THROW THE KEY AWAY!

If your playing on console I wouldn't recommend Death March because the loading times are brutal, at least 1 minute every time you die.

Is this game playable on ps4?

yes

depends

If you have a strong computer and enjoy the game in 4k on the highest setting, you will feel like you are in heaven

If you play it on console or on low settings, you will enjoy the game as well, but you miss a lot of atmosphere

on console but I'm not stingy on graphics

Yes and no. The game achieved meme status but is at the same time actually really good.

I had less problems with the PS4 version than with the PC version which crashed and micro-stuttered to the point I had to drop it. It also only marginally looked better than the PS4 version.

Just dont fall into the easy quen spamming. Use signs, potions and nades liberally, the combat becomes much more fun

>this is what autistic cucks actually believe

sucks for you. i play the game on highest settings, hair works and all on an old 3rd gen i7 @ 60fps vsync.

it's fucking glorious.

also to OP, i'm 160 hours in and still enjoying it. i'm on the 3rd DLC but there are hundreds of things to do and explore still.

And yeah, go deathmarch. Its pretty easy to accidentally overlevel and make the storymissions way too easy on lower difficulties

Sweet, i'll pick it up then. Thanks.

You're in for a REALLY fucking good experience.

I bought It 2 weeks ago on PS4 and I can't stop playing it.

Enjoy.

the combat isnt any worse than the majority of rpgs

in most cases its better

Wait why would the load times be different?

If you don't think following the glowing red lines is good quest structure, then yes.

PC playing on high settings, not ultra.
Still looks great. Plays great too.
Def of one of the best RPG's, no argument.
My only complain is that it could have more passive wildlife than just hares and deers.
It would make the world feel even more immersive, if you could encounter more animals in the wild.

>I just bought this game
>I don't want to play it though, rather just talk about it on Cred Forums

Ah yes
i heard about foot prints
lets hope the quests are fun

it's absolutely fantastic, both the main game and DLC

I mean the load times are extremely long on console and your going to die a lot on death march, so to save yourself from staring at a loading screen for hours just play on normal.

Wait...
You think Cred Forums PLAYS video games?
Ho boy you have a lot to learn

I believe you, I imagine it's better now that the game has been patched, I played near release and it was really bad. This is my biggest complain with big games, on release it's a lottery, sometimes it works flawlessy, sometimes it's just fucking broken. Thank god for the refund system. I would switch back but my 120hr+ save is on PS4..

In all honesty the console version is not that bad, the game is slow enough and uses motion blur so the 30fps isn't too bad, only thing really missing is the fancy hair.

Great game. Can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077 it'll be a good excuse to upgrade to a new rig in a few years. It'll probably come out as soon at the Winds of Winter comes out.

this game is fun

also kinda sexy

I heard that turning off motion blur improves the framerate, but that must be a pre-patch thing because I don't notice a difference.

sure.

It's a pretty interactive storybook but if you're looking for an actual game you may be disappointed.

>It also only marginally looked better than the PS4 version.
Not true. It's a good thread and I don't want to fall into supid plateform war, but still. CDPR did a good job with the console version, that's a fact. That said, if you have a high-end computer, the difference is pretty damn obvious.

(Also, for the stutter, was it the GoG version? GoG had a stuttering problem when the OVerlay of Galaxy was activated. It's a simple fix but if you were not aware of it, it just ruined your game until they patched it.)

Ciri

The devs sure did went about balancing the game in a weird way. I was wondering why I couldn't sell or dismantle arrows and it turns out they were a way to get easy cash. So now instead of just lowing their value they made it so you can't get rid of them outside of dropping them on the ground. Nice idea guys. Also some signs were nerfed to the point of being useless.

see you in three days

y-you too

Just finished heart of stone dlc, level 38 and I feel like respeccing into melee focus.
Been focusing on signs.

Is heavy strike worth it?

>what are bears
>what are wolves
>haven't looked up and seen birds

Sure, it's more useful than a lot of other slots.
Just remember it's much more effectively used right after dodging or parrying.

I'm enjoying France-Italy but the fucking armorsmith is jewing me hard on the gm witcher gear

>just finished HOS
>level 38

are you me?

I have never used parry beyond the tutorial though.

I haven't finished the main game either.
Im gonna start on Blood & Wine but I'm not sure how it works since Vesemir died and I've seen him in the end of Blood & Wine.I want to have that conversation, got me all teared up..

It's a damn good game.
It's an open world game, so it's repetitive, bad render distance and since the conversations are not done in cutscenes, the movements are really, really clunky (every complex action has to be done offscreen, no feeling of weight and no sound effects in cutscenes), but it's probably the best open world game out there, the story is interesting enough, it looks good and theres a ton of sidequests that are all unique

It's pretty useful against shield guys or higher leveled enemies since it will give you a guaranteed couple of hits without them blocking.

finish the main game beforehand, B&W is meant as a sequel/epilogue to the main game

might as well be Witcher 3.5 desu

I think you're getting things mixed around, Vesemir doesn't show up in BaW.
Also more importantly, BaW is supposed to be played after beating the base game.

Do NOT do blood and wine until you have beaten the main story, you WILL regret it.

If you read the books or liked the world in general it's very immersive and enjoyable, have over 200 hours on PC and just started a third play through on deathmarch so good luck and have fun

Just play the fucking game you faggot.

Shieeet, well alright.

Anyway.

What mods are you guys running?
HDReworkProject + TurboLighting

Yes, it's the most overhyped and worst game in the series, designed for dudebros who love Skyrim and whores who love Mass Effect.

Not a trashy game compared to the majority of titles on the market, it's definitely playable and worth looking at, but only for free. Pirating it is the only viable option.

what mod?

I haven't played it yet, but I know that CDPR said that people should play B&W after completing the main story.

> Technically the expansion can be started before finishing the game (after a certain part of the Novigrad story line), but it would be pretty hard to even try this, since the level requirement is quite high (of course the player can start a separate Blood and Wine game from "New Game" in the main menu whenever he wants). Players will definitely have a nice experience if they play Blood and Wine after finishing the main game, since we created Blood and Wine not just as a last expansion, but also as a finale of the whole game that is The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. So you can look forward to nice things

I loved the witcher 3 for its weather effects mostly. I know that sounds fucking retarded but i remember just standing in one of the town squares watching the sun rise and play with the comfy as fuck architecture

Any other games do weather this well? I heard fallout 4 does it good I might give that a try.

Passive wildlife.
As in creatures that aren't trying to kill you.

Tbh rain got really annoying after 10 hours. It's raining almost every single day, even locals comment on it.

Almost all my mods have been made obsolete by the most recent updates.
But you should definitely get the icons mod for an easier view of your inventory potions, bombs etc. All quest objectives mod is a must, it makes tracking quests so much easier and will help keep track of nearby quests just by looking at the map.

being from England i actually found that rather comfy

Not to tell you your business, but I'd reconsider using STML. Sure, it looks nice in some areas, but I really think it makes most areas look weird with that near glowing foliage.

>Game gives you a list of dialogue options instead of that stupid wheel
Yay
>Gives you vague descriptions of what your going to say
Fuck, is Deus Ex the only modern game now that actually shows you what your going to say next?

>comfy

but geralt isn't ciri's dad

So i couldn't get into the witcher 1 and witcher 2 never worked on my pc for some reason.

Can i still play this game?
I don't really care about the lore, i just want a fun rpg with good dialogue for quests

yes

desu i never found myself selecting the wrong dialogue at all, the short descriptions were done quite well

But he is her daddy

So there really are heroes in this world. Willing to sacrifice themselves for the good of humanity.

Play 1 and 2 before

I skipped 1 and I'm playing 2

>tfw comfy
youtube.com/watch?v=uBjh4xmb1pY

As an Irish man living in England, i can safely say you cunts dont know what rain is

> Mfw [Shove Djikstra aside forcefully]

2 is a good starting point. glhf

Death March is fucking easy after the first 5 hours or so though.

The game is not a meme.
Its literally the Holy Grail atm

He might as well be.
She sees him more as a father than fucking Emperor dick bag

my ass

Was there more to that sentence or do you have tourettes?

sorry

I want to rape Ciri

I want this game so bad. Loved the first two. Thing is my computer probably cant run it that well since it is kinda dated now. And I cant afford to upgrade currently

Mods are sleep

Yes

It's not even well written which I took for granted as the saving point of the series

Tits too big, wouldn't bang.

user i just fapped

kys

>too big

too bad

:^)

Wait is this in the game or is this mods?
Speaking of mods, maybe they'll actually let this slide.

Stop this.

just got off a ban already for fucking this
they are assholes

no

do i have to have played the first two in order to play/understand this one?

Do you ever post anywhere else? Or like, have a website?

>mediocre combat
>literally one moveset for 120 hours, no other weapons of styles
>clunky movement, horse riding boat riding, swimming
>exploration punished by artifically buffed up monsters
>even if you explore you find nothing as all loot is shit
>they literally do nothing interesting with the open world
>main storyline is ass
>main antagonist is one of the worst one I've seen
>good thing about the game is that they wasted times on facial expressions . animating the cutscenes and the graphics
>the only other good thing is that there are 5-6 good side quests

OP here
i didn't so i'm just hoping there is recap

>Geralt can't get women pregnant
>Immune to diseases
>Chick magnet
>Fucks tons of woman with no consequences
Is Geralt the ultimate male fantasy?

They're not even mine, got them from paheal
also me on the left

no thats literally why i was b&

There's no recap but lots of exposition. Everything you meet a character an essay about them and their connection to Geralt is added to your glossary.

Don't go to Pahael for animations bro, unless you like shitty gifs. Go to Rule34Hentai for 60fps webms.

>gif

I want a webm Parker!

>anal
Why rape her if you're not going to impregnate her?

>tfw hitting all the question markers in Skellige
>only half the map done
>have to go back to shore every ten minutes to sell all the worthless loot so I'm not overencumbered
>I already cleared out all the cash from the blacksmiths in Skellige
>have to fast travel to Novigrad every time I need to sell shit now
>playing on Xbone so that means fucking five minute load screens

>impregnate
>geralt

Are all the question marks in the ocean even worth it? I just went for all the ones on land because I don't like swimming and boat riding.

Why would you do this to yourself? I recently cleared Velen myself and Skellige is a fucking nightmare. Especially when you know all those ? in the water is shitty loot.

Honestly that design decision is terrible. At least it'd be bearable if the boat was faster but cot damn I'm not doing that shit.

In W2 if you drink the potion those scientists offered you in Flotsam and import the save you'll find a note at Oxenfurt by one of them saying the potion will reverse his sterility.

I dropped the game at Skellige, because it's unbearable. Literally a singleplayer MMO.

Why was White Orchid so under utilized? Its a decent sized map but only one main quest and a small handful of side quests. Seems like a waste.

2 is fucking great
i could talk about it for hours

No, you just did something very good for the industry that we all love. Thanks user.