Get hired by a game studio under the pretenses of making a 3d cyberpunk fighting game

>get hired by a game studio under the pretenses of making a 3d cyberpunk fighting game
>game was going to be like the best of various fighter mechanics like Tekken, Street Fighter, and Soul Calibur, indepth juggling and meter usage system
>after a month during the concept and brainstorming phase the game is mysteriously canned
>get told that "the genre is too limiting" and "there's so many mechanics and ideas we can use but a fighter would prevent us from doing so many of them"
>get assigned to the big mystery project the studio is making and canned the fighter for
>it turns out to be a Dark Souls/Moba hybrid, a dark fantasy themed 3d action rpg focusing on pvp with Moba elements such as items, different characters with unique abilities, different kinds of arenas
>arenas have environmental hazards and varied terrain

I love how we were gonna make an actual competitive pvp game and instead we're gonna be stuck making fucking scrub shit for casuals. This is absolute bullshit. Also cyberpunk is a far cooler setting than dark fantasy, and has far greater potential for cool and interesting characters. Instead this is gonna be like League of Shit where it's random ass themed characters slapped together into one incoherent setting. Fuck this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yrlCNJ4yCKQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sounds cool whats the name?

Is this the new client or a fan mock up?

this is like the 3rd time you post about this shit

at least post a fucking screenshot so we can at least judge it in some way other then your vague as shit description

Why do you keep posting this

Is this the same poster who keeps going on and on about his studios grim dark fighting game?

Your cyber ninja character with a shitty back story is 10x worse than the elf with poison blades idea.

again? how often will you post this?

pro moba players make 6 figures man, some of them millions

if it's so easy go do it

Hello again!

>I have literally no creativity: the post

This.

Fuck off OP.

>like Tekken, Street Fighter, and Soul Calibur
>cyberpunk
It was trash from the start, your employer just tried to sugarcoat it.

Mobas take way less skill than fighters. They even had to make up a fake term to make them seem skillful. Ever heard of "skillshots"? That's not even a real fucking mechanic. It's called hover your mouse where you want to aim, and hit a fucking button.

I do enjoy my super limb based combat

Cyberkinjas are fucking badass, how is an elf assassin with poison armblades badass? Dancing all around like some fucking sissy shit. Meanwhile my ninja idea used a goddamn lightsaber katana.

you mean like how in an fps you point with your mouse at something and fire a moving projectile that may or may not hit the target depending on how skillfuly you aimed the shot?

Shitting on mobafags won't make you better at fighting games.
We all know you're shit at both so why bother?

fantasy>cyberpunk
Warhammer 40k is shit
debate me faggot

is this how he looked like?

Yeah, easy shit anyone can do. Meanwhile in a fighter, look at the skill involved in the usage of projectiles, zoning, and footsies:

youtube.com/watch?v=yrlCNJ4yCKQ

But hey, I guess hovering your mouse over someone as Ezreal and hitting Q and W a bunch of times is just as skillfulXD

i cant

Enjoy working for a company before it all goes down the drain, fella.

>look guise i can mash buttons

>using lel as an example

Fuck no. More like this, but way more badass looking and dark and gritty. Like black armor, with neon green LEDs, and an LED on his chest shaped like an X. Almost like an old XBox personified as a cyber ninja badass.

Oh sorry let me account for your shit game too:

>right clicking q as Destroyer and just autoing people to death

Such skill!

thats like saying "spam hadouken until you win"

He's just mad because he's genre is dying

Sounds funnnnnnn!!!!!!!! count me in :'D :'D :'D

All the above mentioned games are shits. The true money is in spiderman

so like this?

>record number of entrants at this year's EVO
>fighters making a comeback, old franchises revived
>Capcom Pro Tour

Yeah, sure is dying!

Is this how your team decided on shilling?

I hope your game flops incredibly hard and puts you all in debt for the rest of your lives.

>Old franchises revived
Which ones?
Please dont say Street Fighter V

Shut the fuck up spiderman. That's why mary jane is burning in hell.

>Painreaper

Street Fighter
Mortal Kombat
Guilty Gear
Dead or Alive
KoF

You forgot the part where most of the entrants were either for a single fighting game or for one of the two party games that shouldn't even be there.

That shirt is way to tucked in

Why do you repeatedly shitpost every single day? Always WE WERE MAKING COOL CYBERPUNK BUT TURNED FANTASY, WE WERE MAKING COOL FANTASY BUT TECHNO MUSIC, WE WERE MAKING etc. Autism day after day. What do you gain by this? If you were at least paid but you just post random dumb shit no-one falls for again and again and again. Do you enjoy being called a retard all day long?

>What do you gain by this?

You don't want to know.

>SUPERIOR
>LIMB
>BASED
>COMBAT

>3d cyberpunk fighting game
good thing it was canned

IS SLBC-POSTER BACK?!?!?

It got canned for a fucking souls moba hybrid. Even if you hate fighters, you should agree that is far far worse.

Is this the same guy who complained about his classmates wanting to make a colorful fighting game instead of a sickdark one a few years ago?
It reads the same.

We gonna have this thread everyday?

whats so bad about that
that concept hasn't even been tried before
there is a fucking ocean of dead fighting games

I hope so.

hopefully the souls moba hybrid will be canned too, or at least bomb so hard nobody will try to make one again

You'd rather have a fucking souls moba game over a fighter? Souls is shit, and so are mobas. The worst kind of people enjoy them.

This bitch looks like Sarah Michelle Gellar, is there sauce?

you'd rather have another generic shit fighter then a new game concept?

Tried and true>>>>>>>>new idea based on shit

>based on shit
you seem salty

No, I want to smash buttons on my special arcade fighter controller as I play one of 7 cybernerds with superior limb based lightsabers. Because jerking off to tekken has finally gotten old for me.

holy shit
no one cares that your weren't heard on your team
cyber punk is for the gays like you
kill yourself

>cyberpunk tekken clone
edgy

>implying souls games aren't edgy

I just tried dark souls 1, very first area is a prison full of corpses and some sickdark demon attacking

You fucking posted this yesterday you cunt, go bitch somewhere else

>sickdark
go play in the traffic

You should be happy it was canceled desu, working on the fighting genre is just wasting your time on a dead-on-arrival game

Look at capcom, they have 25+ years experience in making fighting games and SF5 is still the second biggest blunder of 2016 after battleborn

Fuck off weeaboo

if you think Wh40k is cyberpunk, you are wrong
also, why you don't like Wh40k ?

I haven't seen this copypasta in months.

When was the last time we had a superior limb-based combat thread?

Fuck off newfag

Ever heard of FAT STACKS OF CASH?

So like cooler Genji?