Is there anybody tougher than Knuckles?

Is there anybody tougher than Knuckles?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iB6UqCUGqro
youtube.com/watch?v=qI39JUg4UKE
youtube.com/watch?v=s5lQrXYKFVA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sounds like someone got their knickers in a bunch!

no

Of course not. He rougher than the rest of them, nay, the best of them. He's tougher than leather.

They call him Knuckles.
Unlike Sonic he does not chuckle.

He's hard as nails

OH NO

It's not hard to tell, really

Can he break them down if they're solid?

I think you could call him Knuckles.

Yeah, and he does it when they're frail, too

I'm sure he'd rather flex his muscles.

this 6

He will be the one to set your heart free.

Knuckles the flex muscle. Has a nice rimg to it don't you think?

UNLIKE KNUCKLES

Did you know? Knuckles was born on an island, in the heavens.

nice try op but Is there a character stronger than Madara Uchiha?
And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. No, I'm not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara. Hell, I'm not talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. I'm talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushōdō, Shuradō, Tendō, Ningendō, Jigokudō, Gakidō, Gedō, Banshō Ten'in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sōzō) capable of using Katon, Fūton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yōton and even Onmyōton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujō because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano'o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudōdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudō Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kōtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu. I'm Talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu.

fuck off faggot if you don't have anything to contribute

more like this 5

D-D-DELTET

Also, the blood of his ancestors flows inside him.

post your rarest Knuckles

>Before Sonic Heroes: Was obsessed with protecting his island and Master Emerald. Only left the island when he needed to retrieve the Master Emerald.
>After Sonic Heroes: Leaves the island all the fucking time. Went on a goddamn road trip with Sonic and Tails just to have hoverboard races

>Before Sonic Heroes: "Don't approve of him but got to trust him."
>After Sonic Heroes: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SONIC!!!"

Sega had no idea what to do with Angel Island/the Master Emerald so they just slept it under the rug along with most of the franchise.

To be fair, though, a character who secludes himself to an island for most of his life and only leaves when he loses his pet rock isn't exactly the most convenient setup.

They could always do what the comics do and have someone he trusts look after his emerood while he's away. That would at least explain why the Chaotix or equally irrelevant characters never show up anymore.

>you sure it was a good idea leaving the Chaotix to take care of the Master Emerald, Knux?
>hey, what's the worst that can happen

It's not really that important anyway. Plus that would mean that Knuckles and that character would never be in the same game at the same time unless it takes place on Angel Island.

It's a children's game series. You don't really need to explain every single detail.

Has Knuckles ever actually made a big deal about the Chaos Emeralds? He only stole them from Sonic when they were enemies.

The Chaos Emeralds have always been more associated with Sonic than Knuckles.

Post bat tats

>It's a children's game series. You don't really need to explain every single detail.
This. You don't need a reason for Knuckles to be in any given game outside of "Because he is".

Except that doesn't really work because the whole point of his character is that he's a loner. Pre-SH he'll go into alliances of convenience if he needs to get the emerald back, but he's not going to hand off his job to someone else.

Also, posting superior red loner character theme song.

youtube.com/watch?v=iB6UqCUGqro

Let's take a diiive, into aquatic mine.

Well. He WAS a loner.

Nowadays he's pretty much best buddies with Sonic.

>Except that doesn't really work because the whole point of his character is that he's a loner

In the SA era, sure, but now as far as Sega is concerned he's part of Sonic's posse next to Tails and Amy.

That sounds like shit. I believe you meant to post this:

youtube.com/watch?v=qI39JUg4UKE

>Amy
>Part of Sonic's posse

You don't normally run away from your posse.

Ya, one punch man

The games sort of downplay that now. Amy's obnoxious, but considering the direct contact via Tails' device and the fact that Sonic doesn't run away when she's up close in Generations or Lost World, it's pretty clear she either toned her shit down or he just doesn't care unless she does something crazy again.

I'm sure he'll start running away again once Japan starts writing the games once more.

>Except that doesn't really work because the whole point of his character is that he's a loner. Pre-SH he'll go into alliances of convenience if he needs to get the emerald back, but he's not going to hand off his job to someone else.
And now he's not a loner. But at the same time they really don't need to justify Knuckles hanging out with Sonic. In fact everyone is now Sonic's cheerleader because reasons

so, never

I hope not. I hate to admit it, but the writing was actually somehow less bad when Japan did it. And it wasn't good back then, either.

once was a coal pit but now it's a water ride

I don't get why Sonic games NEED to have big serious stories. What's wrong with a simple Sonic vs Eggman story with minimal dialogue and friends?

Sega is too damn afraid that if they start writing a script that they'll shit out another 06.

All they need is someone with half a brain cell to tell them if something is too stupid.

It's not an issue about the story itself. I just can't stand the awful, awful dialogue.

Also they turned Sonic into a retard and Tails into an annoying smartass.

>Sega is too damn afraid that if they start writing a script that they'll shit out another 06.
Well they're not wrong. Trying to make a story about Sonic the Hedgehog be completely serious is fucking stupid
That's a problem too. I would've liked Colors' story if it wasn't for the fucking dialogue. It was simple and straightforward, which is the kind of story Sonic should have, and the characterizations were simple and on point, but the dialogue itself was terrible
Tails has always been the designated smart guy. But the smartass part is annoying. Sonic is relatively fine though, since he's supposed to be a snarky annoying fucker

but unlike knuckes he doesnt chuckle
he'd much rather flex his kuckles
he's as hard as knuckles and it isnt hard to chuckle

>big serious stories
>simple Sonic vs Eggman story with minimal dialogue
You do know there's plenty of middle ground between these two extremes, right?

There can be, but for Sonic there doesn't need to be. Sonic's just fine with a very simple, basic story of Sonic vs Eggman. It's a platformer, not a VN or RPG. Sonic's about gameplay not story so you can get away with minimal story. In fact that's probably what most people want at this point

>since he's supposed to be a snarky, annoying fucker

In America, maybe. Ever since Sonic Colors, I wanted Sonic to just shut the fuck up.

Knuckles is awesome. My favorite video game character.

He's tough, he's lovable, he gets to fuck a hot babe every night...he was probably the closest thing I had to a role model back then.

Okay, that's a fair point. I was just pointing out that having any story at all doesn't automatically equate to having an 06-tier story.

Well if Project Sonic 2017 is anything to go by, it's Sonic vs. Eggman but with a serious overtone for once. The thing is that going back to minimal dialogue and friends is what they've been trying to do for the past several years now and it wasn't received well, and yet the pantomiming Sonic the comic (pun intended) wasn't well received either. You can't win with the fanbase that is all over the place.

And by trying to go back to basics yet AGAIN, you'd just be shoving any actual advancement the series had off into a pit while going for even more excessive old-school nostalgia that people are getting tired of.

No one is asking for a serious story.

At the same time, no one wants Pontac and Graff's shitty-joke-a-thons either.

A lighthearted adventure with some decent stakes is totally fine.

I just want them to try something like sonic's adventure again. Smaller stories that combine into a bigger one, don't try adding new members of the team, focus on adding new badguys.

>In America, maybe. Ever since Sonic Colors, I wanted Sonic to just shut the fuck up.
No he's always had an attitude. Colors just made it annoying. If it has to have dialogue I'd rather have it be something like SA1 or SA2 in terms of how Sonic talks, but I'd rather not have him talk, or anyone for that matter
>. The thing is that going back to minimal dialogue and friends is what they've been trying to do for the past several years now and it wasn't received well, and yet the pantomiming Sonic the comic (pun intended) wasn't well received either. You can't win with the fanbase that is all over the place.
Minimal friends, yes, but they introduce new characters every game and nobody shuts the hell up. Having something like 3&K where the story is told through pantomiming instead of dialogue and the cutscenes are short, simple, and to the point is ideal.
Sonic doesn't need more badguys. Eggman is good enough as is, or do you want more fuckhuge monsters of the week?

I like how the American writers' go-to plan with writing the series is making everyone except Eggman as annoying and unlikable as possible.

I don't like Sonic anymore. His personality is unappealing and everything that comes out of his mouth is cringy. Also, he seems to get less and less intelligent with each game.

>trip
wtf i hate knuckles now!

Sonic's character was at its best in Secret Rings and Black Knight.

Saying he shouldn't talk at all just sounds like nostalgiafaggotry. The days of silent characters has long since passed. The era of the Pink Panther and Felix the Cat are long over.

>Sonic doesn't need more badguys. Eggman is good enough as is, or do you want more fuckhuge monsters of the week?

Eggman can interact with them, Chaos and Shadow were perfect examples of how to add new badguys. Chaos was cool because you were constantly guessing what he was gonna look like next, and eggman being the driving force made it all feel tied in.

>but they introduce new characters every game and nobody shuts the hell up.
Rush and Rush Adventure introduced Blaze, Nega-Eggman, and Marine, but those characters are off in their own sub-series of that and Rivals. Unleashed had Chip and a handful of human side characters that don't really matter. Colors added Wisps, who outside of one barely have any character. Generations just added a one-time bad guy entity fully controlled by Eggman. Lost World has introduced the largest notable cast of characters in the past ten years post-'06, and the Zeti were mainly forgettable one-trope badguys.

The series is nowhere near as offensive now about new characters as you make it out to be, the biggest offender is Lost World and I see more people complaining about how little context the Zeti have and how boring they are rather than them being new characters.

The Deadly Six are literally the most offensively annoying and obnoxious characters ever introduced in the history of the franchise.

the green chick is really hot so it balances out

>Eggman can interact with them, Chaos and Shadow were perfect examples of how to add new badguys. Chaos was cool because you were constantly guessing what he was gonna look like next, and eggman being the driving force made it all feel tied in.
But at the end of the day it was still a mindless monster and their interactions can only go so far.>The series is nowhere near as offensive now about new characters as you make it out to be, the biggest offender is Lost World and I see more people complaining about how little context the Zeti have and how boring they are rather than them being new characters.
I agree that it's been much less offensive as of late, but it STILL does it. The Zeti didn't need to be in Lost World. You could've just told it with Sonic, Tails, and Eggman. Also Chip was hot garbage by the way
>Saying he shouldn't talk at all just sounds like nostalgiafaggotry
OR the fact that all of Sonic's dialogue has been cringeworthy both in writing and voice acting.

Does an instrumental version of that exist?

I swear that's some Nujabes tier shit. Hunnid P is damn good

HERE I COME
ROUGHER THAN THE REST OF THEM

What did Chip and the Zeti do to you, rape your childhoods? Chip was obnoxious but I could deal with it. The Zeti were all run of the mill and yet I don't even get how they're some sort of writing sin against the franchise.

I don't care if they introduce new bad guys, Eggman has so many games where he's the villain that a little variety never hurts. That's like saying the classic Mega Man series must have Dr. Wily as the main bad guy, although not quite as comparable since there were only like two games where he wasn't compared to Sonic having multiple games now where he got shenghai'd (although compared to Classic Mega Man, Sonic also has way more games overall in one series continuity).

Variety is the spice of life. The problem is if your writing team is up to snuff to make it worthwhile, and not just another ancient god monster of destruction brought back that punts Eggman to the side at the last minute so Sonic can go Super. Even fucking Sonic Advance 3 and Colors DS does this at the end.

>What did Chip and the Zeti do to you, rape your childhoods? Chip was obnoxious but I could deal with it. The Zeti were all run of the mill and yet I don't even get how they're some sort of writing sin against the franchise.
Chip was incredibly obnoxious and the Deadly Six had no personality and were generic as fuck, and also had incredibly one note and annoying characters and they took up half the fucking cutscenes.

Also if anything, there NOT being a giant monster of the week that overshadows Eggman would be a nice change of pace

>seriously defending the Deadly Six

>that kid who always said knuggles

The Zeti were bootleg Koopalings with worse designs, personalities, and boss fights than those of the Koopalings themselves.

Also they control magnets for some reason so they can hijack the plot.

i don't even know how you can say the koopalings have personalities when they've had all of one or two games to even get writing plus manual excerpts

Lost World tried to marioify the fuck out of itself but at the very least for shitty writing, it was still writing. Mario just sort of gives all its bosses annoying grunts and the occasional word or two and then you bop them and move on.

>I don't like Sonic anymore. His personality is unappealing and everything that comes out of his mouth is cringy. Also, he seems to get less and less intelligent with each game.
He'd be a lot more likable if he just shut the fuck up and did his job.

No personality is an improvement over what the Zeti had. At least Larry doesn't act like a cliche emo while I bop through World 1-3.

And even if you ignore that, their fights are some of the worst in platformer history.

A lighthearted adventure with stakes and minimal cutscenes would be perfect

>Your role model was a Sanic character
That explains a LOT about you, Boco.

I said he was CLOSE.

Looking back I didn't really have one. Still don't.

Shut up, Boco.

check my 3

Yes sir...

Fist.

THE BEST OF THEM

Robotnik, Knuckles, Tails and Sonic are all the characters the franchise needs

I hate pigheaded nostalgiafags almost as much as I hate pigheaded Adventurefags.

This. Though have Knuckles show up every once in a while. But other than that you're entirely correct

lel what the fuck

Nostalgiafags are the worst shit, I agree.

What happened with hunnid-p in the end?

>he gets to fuck a hot babe
The master emerald is not a babe you retard

>implying

Well, Tikal is in it and she's pretty hot.

What civ would Knuckles main?

youtube.com/watch?v=s5lQrXYKFVA

He stores the Master Emerald inside his rectal cavity.

What are rings supposed to be, anyway? Do they even exist or is it just pure gameplay? Like TV monitors scattered randomly all over the place for no reason.

It's never really explained in the games.