What are some games where I can just beat stuff up while story takes a back seat...

What are some games where I can just beat stuff up while story takes a back seat? Stuff like God Hand is great fun to me. Also really liked DMC3 and I'm playing some obscure PS1 Ninja game right now that's hitting the spot.

Anything developed by Platinum.

I've actually played most Platinum games. I'm hoping there's some more obscure stuff in the same vein that I'm missing.

How good does the beating-stuff-up have to be? Are you looking for an engaging, complex experience, or comfy click-slaughter?

Because Musou games are all combat, but the combat is brain-deadening

Streets of Rage > DMC > god Hand

Eh, not quite brain deadening, but not overly complex either.

My favorite 3 action games are
DMC3
The Wonderful 101
God Hand

That said W101 has a fair few more cutscenes.

>I'm playing some obscure PS1 Ninja game right now that's hitting the spot
name?also if you haven't played the classic beat'em up and you're ok with 2D games go for them

No More Heroes though it's kinda simple

Mortal kombat shaolin monks

Double the fun if you've got a friend

Already played all of those, loved em too. Especially W101.

Ninja: Shadow of Darkness. Game is hard as shit.

And I've played a few 2D ones. Me and a friend beat Streets of Rage 2 last year and I played a TMNT GBA game that was pretty good.

My nig.

Zeno Clash.

if you have a friend to play with play Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time on the SNES.
Also most of Vanillaware games are very good in this regard, thought they have a bit more "story" thought.

How is the Turtles in time remaster on Xbox360?

How was Transformers Devastation?

Good.
Though the broken scoring system makes going for the highest ranks less fun, and it is very similar to Bayonetta (too similar I would say, Witch Time doesn't need to be in every god damn game), but the use of guns is better than most games, and it has a fun to use counter system and combos are fun as you would expect.

The entire beat em up genre user what the fuck. Go play Final Fight, SoR2 or Double Dragon Advance right now.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma mein negro

Viewtiful Joe
Astro Boy: Omega Factor
Dragon ball Advanced Adventure
The ninja warriors

Yakuza, I guess. There's a lot of story but it's really stupid