Send your old gtx 980 ti into evga

>send your old gtx 980 ti into evga
>they send you a gtx 1080, only charging for shipping

Why would you buy from any other manufacturer?

Or you can just buy a PS4.

Sick b8.

>I fell for the 970 meme
Fuck.

>only a 90 day step-up window
Why would you buy a 980 Ti when the new series is already out?

some people like to play video games

because their drivers killed their 400 line and they denied any refunds or replacements
never again

why would they do this? this doesnt make any business sense unless they are trying to go with the strategy to garner more goodwill which could potentially increase sales

It's not just good will, people appreciate good customer support. They only upgrade your card when they don't have a proper replacement to give you.

>Why would you buy a 980 Ti when the new series is already out?

I bought it before the 1080 was out.

Take my 660ti EVGA. Please, baby please.

Some people like more than 25 FPS.

I got a 980ti for the Vive and then the 1080 came out within the 90 days so I got upgraded to the 1080 (they gave me the classified edition because they ran out of everything else)

>(they gave me the classified edition because they ran out of everything else)

rofl you are full of shit, if they run out they don't send you shit until they have stock retard.

Because they only make Nvidia GPUs, and Nvidia GPUs are shit. So Sapphire or MSI it is.

the only cards i've had trouble with have been evga

I think you underestimate how low inventory was for the 1080 superclocked cards were.

Check reddit, they sent out a mass email apologising giving us the custom PCB cards

not that user, but they actually do.
It's great for making customers think that your support is superior.

Already got a 980 and graphics don't look nearly impressive enough to warrant an upgrade. Not only that but apparently the 1000 series didn't fix their DX12 problems.

Maybe when we get a 5th generation to 6th generation graphic leap again.

They probably want to get models of videocards out of the hands of consumers that they cant effect through planned obsolescence.

>Not waiting for 1080ti

Keeps revenue up during the drought season when the public knows a new product is coming out. It's essentially so they can recognize revenue early and offload secondhands of the refurbished gpu to the budget buyers. They capture two markets and recognizw revenue up to a quarter earlier.

at that point why not wait until the 1180?

>Buy a five hundred and ninety nine US dollars GPU
>Use it to play MOBAs and MMOs that run on toaster and unoptimized console ports

PC gaming is a fucking joke

Haha, right you are, my friend! Who can't wait to play with the sweet and original games that the Playstation 4™ PRO can deliver! Just like all those games you saw at e3 and have no idea what they're going to be about.

#4theplayers!

>not getting the 1180ti

>M-MUH PLANNED OBSOLESCENCE CONSPIRACY THEORY
fucking animeposter

Every game from PS4 Pro thats going to be ported to PC is going to run like shit on anything that's not using AMD's architecture.

Good luck with your $700 Nvidia paperweight you PC fag.

>conspiracy theory
It's documented that gameworks titles have tanked in performance when the new series is about to/after release

Like clockwork, the replies I always get. Always moving goalposts instead of actually defending your console.

Thanks for the (you)s friends.

#4theplayers.

It's actually proved and documented amigo, companies selling TVs have admitted doing so.

for example*
which means planned obsolescence is something widely known

the sad part is that you actually believe this

It's only a 90 day window. Within 90 days of the new cards coming out, the old cards are already seriously overpriced, so you're basically paying for the new card already. They can refurbish the old card and they still keep you as a customer. It does make business sense, especially if it gets them more customers because of it