Best shooter of all time?

>Realistic (near ptsd) combat and gore, dismemberments included.
>Allmost no classes with automatic weapons, most of the players use bolt rifles like they fucking did back then
>Focus on teamwork rather on being the player with the most kills
>Realistic body damage, almost always one shot (unless you get shot in leg/arm and then you can stop and use a bandage on it and keep fighting)
>No useless gadgets or related shit
>Commander class wich can call artillery/mortar in a map with marks placed by another squad leader class (tactical aspect)
>Optional automatic cover system which can be used anywhere and works pretty well
>Persistent multiplayer campaign in wich both teams can choose to attack or defend enemy territories and also choose wich map to attack or defend in said territory
>Launched in 2011 and still has a pretty decent playerbase

So Cred Forums, is this the best realistic shooter there ever was out there? It's the only game in which i've felt like being in a real battle ground.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725840667
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725860326
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It is, waiting for RS2

Is there a single player campaign

Yea but its not anything story driven

>Allmost no classes with automatic weapons

Gonna disagree on this. 1 Teamleader 4 Squad leaders 3 Machine gunners. 3-4 assaulters. 2 engineers depending on map. I feel like im missing something. Plus a lot of classes have semi instead of bolt.

but thats about half of both teams with autos.

I hope Rising Storm 2 weapons are a lot less accurate but based on what Ive seen so far it seems like sniping people with any weapon will be pretty easy. Been playing RO games since the Unreal Tournament mod, definitely the best shooters if you like realistic approach to games and larger battles. Other people might say rainbow 6, arma but r6 is small and arma is janky and not fun to pub in.

>So Cred Forums, is this the best realistic shooter there ever was out there? It's the only game in which i've felt like being in a real battle ground.

Play an actual milsim

You forgot.

>progressive developer
>safe space

Did he trigger you with that post, user?

I miss the time when games were good

I love RO2 but I can tell it's your first FPS that tries to be halfway realistic. You're rather impressed by a game that's actually quite arcadey in many respects (Tanks which move at the same speed regardless of the terrain they're in, infinite fuel, things that should be impossible like diagonal turret traverse, etc.)

The engagement distances in RO2 are gamey as fuck. 200m+ kills are rather rare, and things like spawn on SL are magical arcade bs straight out of Battlefield

Man, when Arma gets VR support I am SO DOWN for my PTSD

It won't make infantry engagements much different. It will be a gamechanger for vehicles and aircraft though

t. plays ArmA 3 with a TrackIR

I'm disappointed that Classic mode gained much traction. It fixes a lot of the shit from Realism.

Bloodbath server tried doing Classic for a night and a lot of people seemed to have like it, but I don't think it's gained much traction since. People are just too used to Realism.

He triggered most of Cred Forums with that post.

like it or not, unlock shit really does add a lot because it at least makes you keep playing no matter how bad some rounds are.

the only thing RO2 suffers from now is just a lack of content to make people stop fucking playing the same maps always. More tank maps. More long range and trench fighting.

The problem is many times tank maps kill servers and making good long range maps is hard. When RO2 was more popular there were plenty of servers with custom maps and boy did most of them suck dick or were frustrating as all hell.

>Allmost no classes with automatic weapons, most of the players use bolt rifles like they fucking did back then
Even the Japanese, the "bolt action and bayonet" faction, can have half the team use SMGs or LMGs on most maps.
>Focus on teamwork rather on being the player with the most kills
Having a team of quiet, experienced people who know how to play their class is better 9 times out of 10 than a few wannabe George S. Pattons trying to herd cats
>Optional automatic cover system which can be used anywhere and works pretty well
The only time it's really useful is when it lets you peek out of a trench that would normally be too tall.
>Persistent multiplayer campaign in wich both teams can choose to attack or defend enemy territories and also choose wich map to attack or defend in said territory
It's a 90 second long mapvote. It's a fucking shame there's no territory servers left. TWI gave KF2 super long mapvote times and they don't even have the facade of a campaign mode

>More tank maps.
There's Gumrak and Arad and they are universally hated because only a small portion of the playerbase likes driving tanks.

>More long range and trench fighting.

Aufmarsch: The Great War mod is nothing but this and no plays it, despite it being fairly well made for a mod shat out by a couple of guys.

The content is there, it's just no one wants to leave their maps they've played 1000 times and try something new.

>It's a 90 second long mapvote.

In reality this is true but in practice that campaign map makes a lot of people try harder and feel more camaraderie with the team. Lots of people really want to win the campaign.

>sights dial upto 1600m
>cant see beyond 200 because of draw distance
FUCKING
UNREAL ENGINE

Game sucks. You always hit exactly where you aim. With a few hours under your belt you got bullet drop perfected. That's not realistic and it makes partial cover completely useless.

One of the worst launches I've experienced. Crash after crash, patch after patch fixing absolutely nothing. The patches were bigger than the base game itself and it just never fixed anything for most of the playerbase. It was so fucking dreadful that I told myself that I would never buy another Tripwire game. But then I bought KF2 anyway.

Game was pretty fun after they managed to fix it a year later or so.

it's hard to make good custom maps because playing with them and actually figuring out how to improve them is an odyssey on it's own.

Tripwire could fucking commit and help, or at least add more tanks to make the game have at least the same level of content as ROOST but nooope, too busy jewing KF2 players now.

seriously, panzer/T-34 fights suck dick, game needs more than the bare fucking minimum to grow.

Gumrak is barren and boring as fuck, the new version of Arad with the stupid hills in the way is a disaster, and all other maps only let tanks move through corridors.

the best tank map in ROOST was Berezina, but Mannikkala, Ogledow, Bondarevo and Rakowice were all great combined arms, very open with a lot of manouvering space, terrain cover and visible distance to use the cannon ranges.

they should bring back unique maps like Kaukasus and Zhitomir.

>they should bring back unique maps like Kaukasus and Zhitomir.

>Kaukasus
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725840667

>Zhitomir
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725860326

theres like 2 maps with only APCs

but no one uses them beyond ramming a door and firing the cannon till it breaks/you get grenaded

Theres those achievements for 500 and 1000 kills with the APC machine gun. I think 0% of the population has it globally.

>5cm APC rounds bouncing off a T-70 only 150 yards away

Uninstalled real quick.

You can see beyond 200m but the maps almost never offer the sightlines to let you do it. From the objective C bunkers to the beach on Iwo Jima at spots and the far left flank of Rakowice are both about 300m.

HoS was free for a day so there's a huge amount of people who have the game and are adding to the global average while never actually playing it.

But yeah even people with thousands of hours don't use transport MGs much.

Now that I look theres a bunch of achievements where 0% of the population has them.

The saddest one is:

S&D Bomberman Silver
Plant 10 bombs in Search & Destroy 0%

Why the fuck did no one even try S&D. I was excited for its release and never once saw a populated server with it going. Not once. Fuck.

My best achievement that 0.2% of people have is 32 kills with silenced Nagant revolver.

The average brain dead gamer loses the bomb in S&D or just never plants it

Levelling up the pistols is hell

The maps would have to be added to campaign mode and there would have to be people willing to vote for it, or they won't get played.
People play on populated servers. Populated servers play realism campaign mode with vanilla maps.

Lol no game fucking sucks

>realism
Try Arma, Operation Flashpoint, or even older Ghost Recon abd Rainbow Six games
Ro2 is esaentially a shiity mod that won some contest for publication with no other entries