Are you prepared for the legacy servers announcement on this blizzcon?

Are you prepared for the legacy servers announcement on this blizzcon?

won't happen

>legacy servers

The number of people that would actually pay for legacy servers Is so minimal its not the audience people on Cred Forums think it is.

Why do blizzfags get so triggered by the idea of people wanting to play vanilla?

>pointing out that something will never ever happen is being triggered
>if you don't want Legacy servers then you're a blizzfag

This is why no one likes you.

even if they were going to make one it will be way down the road. don't get your hopes up

I can wait.
Its not like there is any other MMO worth playing out there.

I'd love to OP, but not a chance while Kotick is in the charge.

Your bitchy defensiveness exposes you.

Prove it.

Ironman/Permadeath servers when?

I'm prepared for them to announce they will only make mobile games from now on.
Fuck them. Metzen and Pardo jumped ship, there's no hope for ActiBlizzard.

I'd play them if they did. But I don't see the fun of them. You clear whatever legacy servers end game content because everyone knows the fight by now and then what?

Make a harder challenge version of raids or do what runescape does and add crappy new content to a previous version of your game

I'm not holding my breath as much as I would want to see it.

Legion is too fresh, the hype has started to die down a little bit but not to the point they would announce it.

Would be nice. And blizzard has the tech to scale ilvls.

sure thing

This makes me wonder what will happen if vanilla servers actually happened. Would there be a big rift in the playerbase between legion and vanilla player opinions or will they do a 180 and suddenly accept it as a great thing they always wanted because blizzard gave it to them.

this would actually be fucking fun. at least the way i envision it in my head it would be. it would probably be shit somehow.

Don't go to Blizzcon this year guys, shit is gonna go down.

Let's just say it's nostalrius related and people won't forget it.

I wonder if they would instead have everything phased to vanilla/BC/WotLK builds so everybody is playing the same server but their characters are locked to certain areas and spells and shit based on what version of the game they want.

So players who want vanilla are all stuck in vanilla areas and doing vanilla content with vanilla builds but can still run into people doing Legion content with Legion builds.

Just the fact that they proposed "pristine realms" makes me believe blizzard will come up with some piece of shit gimmicky legacy server concept.

Godspeed, user

Vanilla servers are already a gimmick.

Don't forget to livestream it

You don't even know what the word means

Most people played nost because it was free
A blizzard made legacy server wont be free
Modern video game players dont have the patience for vanilla wow

>Make legacy server
>People clear the content eventually
>People get burned out and quit since there's nothing new
What next? Make a TBC server? Follow the same path again until you eventually reach the same expansion as current retail?

Because it threatens their status quo.
Retails players think like house negros.

>a trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or business.
Expansions are a gimmick and nostalgia driven vanilla servers are a gimmick.

if anything vanilla servers will have a max pop of like 2k with that gay server sharing shit. i don't really care about wow or even vanilla at this point since i got my second fill in nost but half the fun was the retarded server pop.

People forget that runescape released their own pristine servers called legacy servers and it sucked dick, but they released 2007 servers and it became more popular than the main game (probably makes less money though because of all the shit micro-transactions in the main game)

Would any of you guys actually pay for it if they gave it to you though? Playing Nost was fun but to pay a subscription fee to play that wonky old shit doesn't seem worth it in the slightest.

video games are gimmicks

Yeah Nostalrius was cool because literally every region was crammed into one server. Americans, Yuropoors, Chinks, Brazillians, etc.

Blizzard legacy servers wont do the same thing.

Yes. Yes they are.

If Vanilla servers were a thing - why the fuck would anyone cuck themself with Legion and other Nublizzard shit?

How the fuck is Blizzard supposed to scam retards out of money for character boosts, pets, items, "services" and shitty addons if people just play the superior version of the game?

It's not too uncommon for people to continue playing after they've cleared all the available content (for various reasons, be it gaining an advantage in the next tier/expansion or because they like playing), it's not really that much different from people having finished the new content in their chosen artificial difficulty setting. Indeed, a lot of legacy content would be "new" for most players (there aren't many players who have killed Kel'thuzad or Kil'Jaeden, or even bosses like Gruul in his original pre-nerf state) and the general style of the game had more longevity to it.

Of course, that is a problem. For example, I'm not too keen on farming content (with progressive releases, should I decide to play in a more serious guild, I'd bite the bullet until defeating Yoggy+0, but after that point I wouldn't bother). But I don't think it's much different from the kind of problems faced by currently ongoing MMOs.

Yeah going to be great, will resub for the next 10 years if they do BC legacy servers after.

if it was $5 possibly $10. you can even lock me out of modern wow servers, wouldn't be why i was paying anyways. fuck i probably would do the full 15 if my friends were playing.

This year is all Diablo
>D2 HD
>D3 expac
>new franchise that killed D4

D2 HD terrifies me. You know it's just going to be cartoony horseshit that's also casual garbage. I hope Blizzard never does HD remakes.

Sure. TBC is the most liked iteration of WoW anyway from what I've seen (for example, the Nostalrius post-mortem survey rated it the highest, and at least I would have expected results biased towards vanilla if anything).

The problem with official legacy server is that consumers expect Blizzard to produce the same amount of content on their legacy servers as they do on retail. So this means multiple raid bosses, quality of life changes, balance/bug fixes, etc. With all the feedback modern MMO gamers (hurr I want raid level gear without doing the raid to get it) give to blizzard, the legacy servers would just end up being as bad as retail eventually.

make a name for yourself in pvp. devote large parts of your time to helping guildies or just complete strangers. have your guild try to corner the market in a "limited" resource like devilsaur leather. harass the other faction at key points like blackrock or the camp in stv, effectively locking them out of areas if you bring your guild. fun stuff that i used to enjoy. mmos are really just a way to stay busy while spending time with your friends anyways. i'm not trying to win anything.

I really hope not.
Cause I was holding out forever for them, then gave up and got Legion.
I'll be real pissed if I just spent all this time leveling up for them to introduce it now

They just should ask players a simple question before logging in
>are you into cuckolding and black breeding
If they click yes, they get to enjoy Legion. If they click no, they must play on Vanilla realms.

I can't play monk or visit Pandaria on a legacy server. So, nope, fuck em.

Releasing new content isn't exactly a problem because they have the content ready for a good while, even if releasing it at an accelerated schedule compared to the original.

oh shit

>bitchboy gonna bring his semiautomatic petition launcher

kek

If it was going to happen anytime before WoW completely stagnates (in terms of people playing, not opinion, etc) then it would be this blizzcon.
Just my opinion, but legacy servers are more of a "when" rather than "if", but if they don't say anything about them at this blizzcon then it's much safer to assume the next obvious point - which would be when retail sales/subs are so low that WoW is essentially over.

I think it would actually work out for both retail players, legacy players, and blizz in that by offering legacy servers it would lead to a lot of double dipping in general. Retail fags would try out vanilla/tbc in between raidlogging, legacy fags would try out retail once they hit 60 and are raidlogging, etc. A lot of legacy population fluctuates with retail content gaps as well and this would fit in nicely (and is a lot better than a selfiecam patch).
They've clearly seen that there is interest, it all depends on if it's worth the money for them. I think it is, but who really knows but them?

Past that, I think there is a good chance of them tying in achievement type things to it, like retail pets/mounts for various accomplishments in legacy, and I think a standard thing people should be worried about is nu-blizz managing to fuck up original legacy with too many "features".
Best case would be straight up vanilla/tbc/whatever integrated into their bnet client and that's it. They could even go the EQ route and have time locked or votelocked patches, go full progressive.

Good examples of legacy being successful are found in runescape and EQ. It doesn't have to be a retailfag vs nostfag debate as both sides can be happy.

>People clear the content eventually
>People get burned out and quit
Fucking wotlk kids
Raiding never was the only shit people did on the max level, 70% of players just had fun doing fuck all