There are people who spend $800 on a PC to play simulation shit and mobas

is it safe to say they fell for the graphics meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PC_exclusive_games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downloadable_content
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I spent $1200 and regret nothing

I purchased a fucking GTX 1080.
It's installed and overclocked and working fine. I thought that getting it might... reinvigorate my desire to play games. But it hasn't. I still feel empty inside.

Help.

FEZ
GONE HOME
UNDERTALE

IN

ONLY ON PC

The only thing that makes you want to play games in PC is when your PC is too trash to play them. The irony.

This 50 dollar system has more and better games than everything released on PC from the past 8 years

Let me not to the carriage of true plebs admit impediments

at least i still use my Emachine screen

I have 300+ games on Steam. I have a system capable of playing literally any game on the market on maxed out settings.

And yet, I just... don't seem to have the energy.

Guardian Heroes alone is better than any video game released in the last 8 years.

then quit gaming and use your machine exlcusively for cryptocurrency mining

>I have 300+ games on Steam
95% are indies, 3% are multiplat shit and 2% is ok/above average games

I have a great PC and spend pretty much all of my time playing on my ps4/wiiu/3ds

PC fags will never admit this but using a PC is inherently less comfy than playing on a console

How are you supposed to relax looking at all those ugly Microsoft icons, tiny text, pop ups and various other garbage

>Plugin xbox 360 controller
>Use steam big picture
>Has console style menus
>Can play most modern games on xbox controller with no configuration needed
wow that was difficult

TV > Monitor

Kek

>all those ugly Microsoft icons, tiny text, pop ups and various other garbage
What game has this?

>muh couch gaming
My desk is close enough to my TV that I can reach it with a long cable and have instant access to my PC on a TV.

Your naming shit that is all available for PC users. Try harder console warrior.

couch + wireless controller + TV > PC

The saturn took carts?

for expanding the ram like the N64

>just do these 500 things to make your PC experience as good as the console one! PC WINS AGAIN!

>undertale
>4k
upscaling a game that renders everything at 640x480 to 4k is not 4k

>as shit as the console one
ftfy

yes it is

>upscaling a game... is not 4k
Really fires your synapses...

well sure but that's the advantage of PC right?

Damn I wish I had a windows 98 machine so I could play Blood at 60fps at 1280x1024

Neat.

Sure, because wireless controllers don't exist for PC. Also all graphics card have HDMI output

Try again?
>yes
>no

you guys always end up buying the shit PS4 controller and using the USB cable because the battery life is 4 hours long

>Really fires your synapses...

It's pretty funny that the Vita has a better battery life than the PS4 controller.

most everyone I know uses a 360 controller.

PC can do what consoles can, but consoles can't do what PC can and you claim consoles to be superior?

then I apologize for believing in Cred Forums DS4 meme

>limiting yourself

It's like you people NEED to be taught how to have fun, christ.

Well at least you didn't spend $400 to play one gam...wait.

>"just do these 500 things"
>plug in computer to tv same way you would a console
>click big picture mode
>plug in controller

Holy shit you really need to be a genius to make that happen.

actually new gpus dont have hdmi
they are moving to displayport because its not licensed

Are they seriously that fucking detailed? For what purpose if no one can tell.

>PC can do what consoles can
That implies PC has games

No, they simply bought hardware they're making shitty use of because they didn't bother doing their research.

Blowing $800+ on a rig is completely fine if you actually make use of its capabilities.

Are you trolling or are you actually delusional?

We have Dota 2, LoL and every new korean rpg you can think of

I don't know why this picture gets posted so much.

>upgrade your PC to the fastest on the market every 2 years for only $99

whether or not that was actually worth paying 20 dollars a month or whether it worked doesn't matter, on the surface it's fair to say that under their system you are never obsolete.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PC_exclusive_games
>This video game-related list is incomplete

wew lad

>its capabilities.
>Dota 2
>Counter Strike
>Fallout 4

Except eMachines is defunct now, so no.

Who cares about exclusives? If it's a game that's playable on PC it's a game. Fuck exclusives.

Name one PC exclusive to come out in recent years that is on par with all the great console/handheld exclusives like Bayonetta 2, W101, Bloodborne, MH4U, Persona 5, Kid Icarus Uprising, etc.

The point is that PC has more exclusives than consoles have even including multiplats.

From my childhood I was a consolefag from nintendo to atari to xbox 360 and xbox one.

Last year I started to work with a good salary so I spent 1400 euros on a gaming pc. It was a great adventure to build it. And honestly after I saw the better graphics and 60 fps I couldn't return to play on consoles.

The PC price argument is always so retarded because it assumes you don't use your computer for literally anything else but video games.

If you want to buy a computer that runs well but doesn't have a good graphic card, you're still running at least 400 to 500 USD.

>admitting that PC has no games
>b-but I can play FF13 and Neptunia at 4k!!!

This. I spent $900 building my computer and it's a multipurpose file/web/ssh server that also runs the firewall for my home network. All while being able to play games at 60fps and high to max graphics settings.

This this this.
This is the reason I rate console gaming over PC. Yes the PC is better at what it does, but all the spec chasing is tiresome although thrilling at the time.

No... it's a storage cart for saving game data...

So you're saying you'd rather settle for inferior performance rather than spending a little time for superior performance?

>he says while posting on his computer

my head hurts from your stupid arguments

I think your head hurts from your own stupidity lmao

I play mobashits, give me a pc build that can max LoL for the cheapest price

spot the consolebabby who can't understand a simple argument

the 4mb cart does both

It really requires no effort whatsoever and you generally only even need to think about it once every few years, much less so these days as well because consoles bottleneck specs so hard

G3258
750Ti
4GB of RAM

There.

>spent $100 for an i5 shitbox
>spent 20 bucks for a Radeon 6670
>it runs Minecraft, New Vegas, TF2, Skyrim and League of Legends great

When will console babbies learn?

I have both, so it's not really a relevant comparison. But yes. I would.
PCs cost more and have an maintenance (both time and monetary), console is the superior choice for most consumers.
The PC niche (of which I am a part of) are still a niche for a reason.

this is a better option for people
it's cheap plus let's you save $ to buy a PS4

Consoles exist because people like you are too stupid to build a pc.

>Anti-PC shitposting
>Pro-PC fanboying
>Console wars
Sure smells like Reddit in here.

stop with this childish attitude. Seriously
It's cancer and reddit tier

You guys spend all day fighting each other
what for?

Same. I have a custom-built PC as well as a Nintendo 3DS. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, but in the end it comes down to personal preference and interests.

Anything that requires any brainpower or effort at all is niche these days

And no, maintenence is barely a thing. My 360 broke far more often than my PC ever has and unlike my PC I had to buy a whole new one or pay a massive amount of money and have endless headaches trying to get it properly fixed through terrible customer service instead

>How are you supposed to relax looking at all those ugly Microsoft icons, tiny text, pop ups and various other garbage

PC games don't have that.

Besides, I like being able to aim in a FPS without needed auto-aim crutch. Watching people play shooters with a controller is sad.

READ

>PS4 and Xbox 1 can use mouse and keyboard
even on ps3 it was possible

>what for?
fun

As opposed to the forced advertisements, achievement and PSN/XBL popups and other shit you literally cannot turn off because microsoft/sony have you by the balls on a closed platform?

you must be fun at parties

>shitreddit
>fun

>buy used motherboard on ebay
>it breaks on first startup
>get money back
>sell for parts on ebay
>twice the money back
its a more secure gambling

Don't forget paying a second time for online multiplayer.

>parties
you mean the degenerate socializing

>not shitposting
>fun

>That implies PC has games

Most of the games that I've played on my PC are not available on console, and the ones that are suffer for it. If a game is made for console and PC the PC version is hampered by all the crutches that console users need to make up for their shitty input systems.

>>PS4 and Xbox 1 can use mouse and keyboard
>even on ps3 it was possible

You are still playing games designed for the controller. It doesn't matter if you switch to board and mouse. They game is still the same.

This, I feel like any war between console and PC is over before it even starts because paid online is such a colossally stupid idea and completely negates any positives a console might have. I refuse to buy a 360, Xbone or PS4 simply because I find the idea of paying twice for internet so ridiculous.

Well that's what happens when you have a single entity exercising control over the platform and screwing consumers over again and again.

not at all
it worked really well when I played online on my ps3 back in 2012
you could adjust pretty much all settings

(W = forward, S= back, D=right, A=left, etc)

I'm honestly amazed Sony got away with it for the PS4

PS3 didn't have paid online and it was one of the main things that made Sony look good because it wasn't jewing the fuck out of its customers like Microsoft and showed that it was actually horseshit and that money was not at all needed for them to have an online service.

But of course they saw the opportunity for $$$$ when the PS4 came out and just adopted microsoft's jewish model for themselves. I'm honestly surprised they weren't crucified for it because it was so blatantly money grabbing and nothing to do with providing a better service in any way.

I spent $800 on last year's upgrade alone, and I only exchanged half the parts.

The advantages of paying online is good servers for people with good internet speed and free games every month

I owned a PS3 for 6 years and played online like 1 or 2 times.

>360
RGH master race

He's referring to aim assist I think which doesn't go

Their competitors were doing it and people seemed fine with it so they decided to do it as well. Same reason all smartphones look the same and no longer have any distinguishing features. In a sea of shit there's no real incentive to do anything nice for your customers because they don't know better.

The games aren't free if you have to fucking pay to get them lmao

>Spent ~$850 on my PC
>Just bought Smash & Grab
This thread makes me wish I was back at my dorm so I could play it some more.
Also, anyone know if BO3's custom servers are any good?

>Did I ask thee maker from my clay to mold me man?
>Did I solicit thee from darkness to promote me?

you are paying for the online feature?

I spent $1200 on my PC to play JRPGs
And it has served me well

1. Do you keep the games or do you only have them for a month?
2. If you stop paying for online do you keep the games?

>early access
>indie shit

/neogaf/

Oh cool, so I get the games if I'm not paying then?

You need to look up what free means my man

woah woah woah. what's wrong with Sims?

>you are paying to use your internet

>Free games

I can't stop falling for this b8.

>United Front Games
>Indie
Uwotm8?

for the ps4 I don't know because I don't pay to play online

If I wanted online games I'd be downloading steam but I don't care for FPS or multiplayer games

>PC
>JRPGS
>PC
>JAPANESE games

even worse
the edgy meme just made me think it was a indie shit

You "keep" them, but they're only available if you're currently paying for PS Plus

>UFG
>Bad
Filtered

Yes, the PC has JRPGs and Japanese games and has been getting more Japanese games than its ever have.
I'm especially excited for Tokyo Xanadu, Nier Automata, Tales of Berseria, and Monster Monpiece coming out soon

So you don't have any ownership of said games. Gotcha.

>pick one that seems relatively interesting (or just one at random)
>install and play it
>ignore the urge to turn it off twenty minutes in because you want to check Cred Forums
This is the cheat sheet to playing and enjoying videogames.

>13 year old edgy kid
>on Cred Forums

Filtered.

I need a new gaming mouse. It has to

>be smaller than a Deathadder
>have at least two side/thumb buttons
>not be made by fucking Razer

Go.

PC has been getting JRPG ports like fury recently, even shitty obscure fanservice shit for the vita is making it over somehow

Uninstall steam, I honestly only played tf2 and dota until I did it, now I go through a new game every week or two, it makes playing repetitive garbage too convenient.

When is Nier, Yakuza and Nioh is receiving a PC port?

FEZ is good you sandnigger

Undertale is significantly better than Fez and I'm not memeing you here

what game is this?

When is ps4 receiving games instead of shit sequels to shit games?

Nier Automata early 2017 (and if you mean the original Nier, then I dunno)
Yakuza so far isn't happening.
I believe it was mentioned somewhere that Nioh is a timed exclusive but don't quote me on that

disagreed but alright. they're both lightyears above gone home.

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus

>bought a $2000 pc 6 years ago
>upgraded $800 into it 2 years ago
>already saved up $7000 for my next build (probably only going to use $2000-$3000)
The shit I do to play video games,
But it's either this or buying a ps4 and having to start up threads like this because all I have to play is bloodborne and the waiting game for sequels to games that sucked ass in the first place.
Seriously since when does anyone give a shit about nier? oh right every sonypony the second nier 2 got announced.

>graphics meme
I fell for the long-lasting meme, friendo. 7 years ago I built my current PC. Paid about $800 for all the parts. Back then it played pretty much everything at max settings, aside from the rare game that really required a high-end machine. Guess what? I have not upgraded it one time since, and it still plays every new game. Obviously not at the highest settings, but definitely at or above console quality. I expect to keep this same machine for another couple years before upgrading a few parts. That's the kind of longevity you can't get in a cheap machine, or a console. This is no meme, friend. This is reality.

Why on earth are you spending that much

>Seriously since when does anyone give a shit about nier?
I honestly don't know, we had a few threads here and there but it was never some huge game on Cred Forums.
But, the same thing happened before Drakengard 3 came out on PS3 (which was even more hilarious since Drakengard 3 is garbage).
I dunno why people shitpost about games anyways, it never ends well and almost always bites them in the ass.

>buy fez
>buy undertale
PC gamers everybody

it's shorter but slightly longer than the DA: the Mionix Avior 7000 has a 10/10 sensor, 8/10 build (grip too smooth), and 6/10 software.

also consider Zowie's latest ones. no software or customisability on some, but nearly as good as the Avior.

What type of grip are you?

>Fingertip
G502 or something similarly shaped
>Palm
Corsair M65
>Claw
Doesn't matter, claw a shit.

>Seriously since when does anyone give a shit about nier?

probably the people who don't play Dota 2 and korean shovelware

Because it's cheaper than selling my ninja 250r and buying a zx-10r, which is the only other thing I am interested in buying right now.

>not buying the best puzzle-metroidvania ever
I'm not even kidding; it's in my top 5 games of all time.

So the people who play CoD and Fifa?
But that's not true, they don't give a shit about Nier either.

Even if this post is falsehood, it's exactly why I haven't upgraded my HD7950. I don't see a point. My rig can still play plenty of new games at low-med 60fps but the fact that I don't shows I don't need a new card at all for it. Was going to get some shiny parts for Horizon 3 but I'm dealing with ""upgrading"" to W10 or dealing with an "app store" so I'm picking up an Xbone as my lesser of two evils option.

No, because those people were busy bitching at sony for not delivering on the promise that nier would save the ps3.
And here we are, waiting for the savior of the ps4, the same fucking game that was panned on the ps3, except now with a waifu as the main character.
How transparent can this shit get?

If consoles are so great, why don't they have a Turbo button?

Because Nier has some of the best writing and lore in video games, great voice acting, gorgeous music, very varied experimental gameplay, had a lot of freedom, had some great boss fights, and has great characters and plot.

Its weakest element was its gameplay, and Automata's many videos of gameplay show extremely fluid and fast paced combat with really quick yet weighty combat animations.

I'm a PC player and I've been excited for Nier Automata since its announcement, as I loved Nier (played it on my PS3)

user nobody cares about your shit taste. Keep it to yourself, fez is widely considering to be casual cancer on Cred Forums, undertale is a whole other mess of furry faggot bullshit.

>PC gamer: the second post

Stop I'm afraid with might be coming next

I can play CoD, Fifa and Nier. And Yakuza. And Nioh
You can play Cod, Fifa and Mobas

most people already havea computer for various reasons buying a 200 dollar part so you can play games is the cheapest option.

I built a 2000$ PC earlier this year.

I like the ability to play the latest eye candy releases on max settings without chugging frames, but other than playing those titles for a few hours and dumping them I find myself playing select few games which really don't require a good pc.

Dota2
Cities Skylines (this one needs a monster CPU)
War Thunder once in a while
And visual novels, which literally can be played on a laptop from 2000.

Point is, its not a meme if you actually like the new eye candy games, but I find them all boring as fuck.

You know Nier Automata is on PC, right?

same thing happened to me exept I knew I was going to regret it. HD7850 croaked and I bought a 480. Still dont play any games at all really.

Thanks will give those a try

As someone who has strongly supported and advocated PC gaming I'd go for consoles if the future of PC gaming was locked to Windows 10. My PC is first and foremost a productivity and utility device and there's no way I'd let Microsoft's joke of an OS near it.

user the story was so throw-away that they changed it entirely between localizations, and "experimental varried gameplay" just means incoherent mess of shit.
You're praying that a sequel to a game with shit gameplay will have good gameplay. All action games LOOK fast-pace and fluid but fact is you can beat all of MGR just by holding forward and mashing light attack.

Will I able to sue due to false advertising in your pic?

There are several 3DS and PSP games that were incredibly detailed, but can only be seen when emulating.

It's amazing.

So why did you buy a gaming pc when you're clearly a steam casual?

>broken port

>B-BUT IT'LL BE SHIT
Kek, keep crying user, this is why Sony fans get shit on on Cred Forums.

Did you miss the part where I said that I still do enjoy the eye candy, just dont find it fulfilling enough to play for long periods of time?

because he fell for the master race reddit meme

The best game ever made is a PC exclusive.

it was an upgrade program.

i spent 600 for a pc to play overwatch

and my pc can emulate all of them.

Butterlord better not disappoint.

Its the only game I'm even remotely looking towards

>place a badge that literally translates into *also on PC
>it won't be released on PC

DAMAGED

You should know by now to expect disappointment

Exactly, but this is the only release in years that I have bet it all on. If this turns out to be shit, Im done with gaming.

The story was not changed. Just a lot of information was left out of the game and put into books and other outside material. Having the plot change significantly just by changing what character you're seeing the world through was really clever, and the history of how the world of Nier came to be gives a lot to learn about its world.

Nier's gameplay was
>simplified Zelda combat
>visual novel
>bullet hell
>RE-style horror
>top down simplified Zelda combat
It was all simple and some of it worked against itself (bullet hell broken due to the fact that you can block or destroy them), but it was never bad. The magic abilities in particular were all useful and added variety to the combat, and some of the boss fights used the level design as part of the fight in a sort of Shadow of the Colossus esque fashion. The gameplay just needed improvement and Automata is showing just that

And MGR was a great game. One of the simpler action games out there, but still fantastic. From a gameplay perspective, it still had a high skill ceiling and was still very fast, requiring the player to at least get very good at dodging and parrying. While simple, it was still good.
>Square Enix games
>Platinum games
>having broken ports
Its been a long time since FFXIII and XIII-2 user
Also you're moving goalposts.

>I believe it was mentioned somewhere that Nioh is a timed exclusive
no it wasnt
they also said at TGS that it's PS4 exclusive

i love how these sonycucks praise all the shitty exclusives they get as the best games ever ahahaha i bought a ps4 for bloodborne and uncharted i literally couldnt play through them because the input lag and framerate was awful not to mention one of them was a DaS reskin and the other was an interactive movie

gta v

This. GTA V looks amazing on a high-end PC.

What does that have to do with my post about Nier?

So the question is
Will Sony be the only company doing console in 2017 or will Scorpio sell to everybody including pc gamers?

more proof pc autists only care about graphics

>Saying PC autists only care about graphics
>In a post about a mid-gen console upgrade whose only purpose is literally graphics
Kek

Same here. New games are shit and I pretty much only play PC exclusives. Total war went to shit, X went to shit, blizzard went to shit, and valve doesn't make games.

My 770 will do fine for a long time.

Well, of course, that's one of the things that makes PC superior to consoles.

>TV > Monitor
The scary thing is that some people actually think this is a fact.

Spent £1200 on my rig, 1440p monitor, GTX 970 meme card, the whole deal, have more than a hundred games on steam, a few I emulate.

I still don't feel happy, nor can I get into a game like I could when I was a kid. I don't know where things went wrong

You know why in the 90s gaming was good?

because it didn't have pc cucks

Most of them started to build their retarded graphics machine in mid 2000s and everything went downhill

was ment for sorry my dude

I'm so excited to make a reshade preset for this game.

It's going to look so cash with advanced shading on top of that glorious art style and fantastic graphics tech. The animations are godly.

90s gaming was good because consoles didn't actiively jew paying consumers with ihings like paid online multiplayer and DLC for half-finished games.

Anyone else like how Sonyggers try to act like *all* console users are on their side?
They think it's consoles vs. PC when it's more like Sony vs. Xbox, Sony vs. Nintendo, and Sony vs. PC.
They make enemies with literally every other fanbase.

>1440p monitor, GTX 970 meme card,
Yoou arenot a smart man.

>You know why in the 90s gaming was good? because it didn't have pccucks
But modern games are, generally speaking, better than older games

>DLC for half-finished games
Thanks steam for that by the way

>90s gaming didn't have pc cucks
but that's wrong

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downloadable_content

Except PC isn't locked to steam. We can get games from anywhere and we don't have to support developers and publishers who do things like that.

well but you do and everyone end up downloading spyware steam and paying DLCs

I really think Sony and Microsoft should have a policy against broken games.

Invest on Q&A team that would not let them release broken games on PSN/Xbox Live

WEW LAD

You were probably born in 1997

I was born in 1988
Everyone I knew who had a PC played obscure floppy titles and all of them owned either a PS1 or N64 or even both.

That's because consoles were better than PC during that time.

GTX 1080 has one. All new graphics cards have one. It's DVI they're doing away with

exactly
There was no such thing as PC cucks.

There was, because at the time PC was actually getting cucked by consoles. Today it's become the opposite.

Console peasants say that graphics don't matter, yet upgrade to new consoles solely for better graphics.

a friend who introduced me to this game in 1995 (or 1996?) was a Nintendo fanatical. This and age of empires is all we played on PC for the rest of the decade

>FEZ
>GONE HOME
>UNDERTALE
I know its bait but fuck you the 3 worst games of our generation

You can alt-tab to something on pc in less than 5 seconds, while on console opening a different application can take a full minute. I'm willing to spend less than a second to do something else, but if I have to spend a minute opening another activity I'm more likely to just keep doing what I'm doing.

Still using my old i7 2600k and 660. Want to upgrade but nothing looks fun enough to warrant an upgrade.

>I was born in 1988
You fucked up there, but I understand, 8 and 9 are pretty close together.

same GPU here. the only games worth playing that already run like shit supposedly run like shit on newer hardware too.

The vastly improved performance that heavily impacts gameplay in anything that isn't turn based and the wide selection of input methods are arguably much more important than improved graphics.

Hence "one of the things".

Guardian heroes is a mediocre game that gets turned into a great game because it was on a shit system.

>the only games worth playing that already run like shit supposedly run like shit on newer hardware too
It's great if you're happy with your system and you definitely shouldn't dump money if you don't feel you need an upgrade, but don't delude yourself thinking that if a game runs like shit on a 660 it will also run like shit on something like a 1080 that's pretty much 5x faster even at low res.

do you think the "never obsolete" thing will be real some time?

i mean with nanomaterials that adapt or something

yeah I suppose. my justification was mainly that those games get a lot of performance complaints, and the graphics settings make no difference on framerate.

I didn't see Bloodborne on their is it on Steam yet?

>"No one will ever need more than 64K of ram"

I'm tired of PCfat vs sonypony shitposting
Can't we all just enjoy the video games we chose?

Where's the fun in that?

Also
>actually playing video games instead of just shitposting about them
newfag

>sonyfags unironically believe that one mediocre souls game is enough to justify their entire console

he actually never said that, it is commonly misattributed to him. some random no-name tard came up with it

plz sheldon

You could be CPU bottlenecked, but with a 660 and a 2600k that shouldn't happen all too much unless all you're playing is Dwarf Fortress or Total War battles with 8000 units.

I just spent near 400 on new parts for my AR15, 550 on a 92fs a few weeks ago.
$1200 for a PC that'll last you 5 years is nothing.
Get a job.

Q6600
multithreaded games don't hard-bottleneck though, afaik.

Eeh, that's pretty damn old, especially if it's not OC'd at all.

kill yourself desu

because it's fun to shitpost

The nips finally realized greasy weebs with disposable income own PCs.