Holy shit I dont remember this game ever being so fucking artificial difficulty in my entire life

holy shit I dont remember this game ever being so fucking artificial difficulty in my entire life.
I beat it when it came out, and plenty of times after that through out the years
after playing the ultimate edition on pc, im about to uninstall this shit.
the amount of horse shit in this game is unreal
>archers are super accurate now
>blind claw dude can hit you 3-4 times and kill you when you can do nothing but sit there and watch your character get stunned to death
there is so much more little shit that is just annoying the ever living fuck out of me.
this ultimate edition has to be harder, because i am having the most trouble ive ever had with this fucking game than ever before. I grew up loving the shit out of it and I feel nothing but pure hatred at this game right now

resident evil 4 thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zFv6KAdQ5SE
re4hd.com/
residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Tactical_Vest
youtu.be/j1-zO0UX604
youtu.be/g5lkah6o6I0
youtu.be/B_pi376qR4I
youtu.be/XWgtZrxzFwI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Git gud with the Red9 and Riot Gun, fag.

I guess you better git gud

ive been using red9 and headshots and kicks all day
shotgun for crowd control
and rifle for picking em off

please dont with the git gud shit, as I said ive beaten the game plenty of times, more than I can count.

am I just getting old?
im 23.

Dunno what you're talking about, you silly bitch.
I've played the same version as you and had no difficulty problems with it

Too much modern games for you

Nigger I'm 25 and I beat the PC Ult Edition for the first time 2 weeks ago. Git. Gud.

you should look for some blizzard games, very low artificial dificulty, you will have fun

i think you're just getting retarded, despite what Cred Forums says you can't run out and shoot everything down while generally throwing boulders like your boy chris

slow the fuck down
shoot the archers (you can shoot the arrows because they're slow or you're neo)
dont try to wrestle minibosses like the claw dude and remember the noise gimmick

Modern vidyas have dumbed you down. GIT GUD, famalam!

Age is nothing to do with it. You just need to git gud...

>Archers are super accurate
So shoot them or dodge, don't stand still.
Or shoot the arrows out of the air.

can knife the arrows, not unreasonably difficult because the knife hitbox is fuckhuge

the claw guy is easy to bait, only remotely difficult part is the section with two of them. in the cage just knife the lock and shoot at it from outside the cage

>pc "gamers"

>getting old
>23
already passed your prime. better kys sooner rather than later, feg

The only hard parts for me were the shitty QTEs since you can't remap those keys and it's some silly shit like x and y or something (non english keyboards have y and z swapped btw).

Die a lot. The game has dynamic difficulty and enemies become easier to kill the more times you die.
Or else, you know?
git gud

>artificial difficulty

stop memeing you fucking faggot and get good.

>The game has dynamic difficulty and enemies become easier to kill the more times you die.
Got anything to back up this claim?

The claw guy could do that back on gamecube, it just depends on if you got fucked over or not in the wrong position at the wrong time. It's bullshit game design but not a lot has changed aside them tweaking some AI to actually make them HIT THINGS.

I'm not gonna jump on the git gud childish mindset train, because that's for retards and underage and B& darksouls bastards. I will remind you though that there are probably small nuances of gameplay you abused before that you're not remembering to abuse now. Happens to me all the time in certain games that I come back to after many years.

I l i t e r a l l y just beat it on PC a few days ago.
After playing it dozens of times in the past on the Gamecube. Played it with the Wii U Pro Controller too. Felt good. I wish there was updated textures though. That's all it's missing. And I know there is some fan that is re-doing all the textures but it's going to take him years.

Re4 is definitely my favorite game to play though of all time. The Seperate Ways storyline you unlock after is new to me. As I said, I had the Gamecube version before. But I can't seem to get into it at all. After going through the main story I just don't care. Someone sell me.

OP needs to git gud. I beat that shit on pro. You must just be playing it wrong.

Also I want to add, I don't get what everyone obsession is with the Red 9 on Cred Forums.
Literally babies first Re4 playthrough. The Punisher is the best choice.
I play through the game with different weapons each time to test out their upgrades.

Punisher was a waste of time and money to my memory when Red9 filled the handgun position just fine from where it appeared to end game. I haven't played the game in a long while all the way through but I remember never needing anything above red9 even on professional.

Red9 is literally the best pistol.

yadda yadda "only babs use the BEST" blah blah blah.... pipe-down ya rat

>try RE4 on PC
>no mouse support
the fuck is this shit.

I've been playing the GC version lately, so I can't say about the newer versions. I killed a Bella sister and got my head chainsawed by the other. Restarted and the Bella Sisters took fewer bullets to kill.
Won't take my word? Here's a video
youtube.com/watch?v=zFv6KAdQ5SE

wrong version

theres an unofficial mouse aim plugin for the original pc release

i dont play trash tho
I was never a run and gun guy
im talkin about 2 parts with archers. one in each corner room that respawn
and the cage with the claw guy, as soon as I spawn I get hit by a chain dude through the barrier, shot by an arrow, then clawed dead.
all this in literally 6 seconds.
I just couldnt move at all.

When you upgrade the Punisher all the way you can shoot through five enemies with a single shot nigga. Do you know how advantageous that is when playing a game where there is groups of enemies in front of you at once?

- I guess it's comparable to the Riot Gun and the Striker differences. (long range vs wide range) Just comes down to preference.

On a side note I tried the Blacktail on my last playthrough. I don't see what purposes it serves.

DETRAS DE TI IMBECIL

Maybe it was blacktail I was thinking of. I did say it's been some time since I played through.

I personally cannot fathom how it would feel to play this game with a mouse and keyboard.

You can just blast multiple dudes with a shotgun, like you said, or for some reason shoot three in a row with one pistol shot? Red9 is a pistol that fits the pistol need of having something with decent range and good focused damage, and a shotgun serves the purpose of extending a cone of destruction like it should.

Then why do you suck, user?

Now I'm sure of it. There was never a game where more thought was put into the game design than RE4. I praise the game for the best game design for years now and I didn't even know this even after replaying the game more than 20 times now.

This game really isn't that hard, except for a few rooms, especially on Professional mode.

>what are flashbangs
That's all it takes to survive the cage, throw one, shoot the lock, get out of the cage, and the rest is cake

I'm on 3-2 of my professional playthrough, armored Ashley thank the fuck Christ

I love seeing quality RE4 threads desu

Remember that the special costumes give you more armor. I didn't even fucking know this but they half your damage like the bullet proof vest and it even stacks with the bullet proof vest.

Not sure about the archers, is that also the room with RPG guys in the painting?

As for the cage, it's best to be prepared to grenade your way out, I can't remember how I did it first time since I now take grenades there since I know it's a pain in the ass.

I love how Leon almost breaks his back for catching armored Ashley. I swear this game is so filled with details.

I still haven't finished my latest Professional playthrough because it was for my youtube channel and I don't have time to edit.

I'm think I'm right past the huge bug room. I'm afraid that when I finally get a chance to continue, I'll be really shitty.

Yeah, but now that you know the game gets easier the more times you fail makes beating the game less fulfilling imo.
Kinda wish I never knew about it now.

What costume is that?
And how does it stack, when you wear the special costumes you can't buy body armor can you?

Only in the original, it's been "fixed" for all later releases

Terrible place to stop, the 2 huge bug rooms are my least favorite rooms in the game, they give me the most trouble.

It doesn't seem like the difficulty change is really that dramatic. If it was I'm sure I would have noticed it.

Cool, good that they fixed it. They never bothered to fix that Leon loses his jacket one hour into the game though. I don't really care about ashley's armor outfit since ashley is only with you for a pretty short time and mostly in the easier parts of the game.

Yeah, I always have trouble in those rooms, too. I'm really not looking forward to the Salazar fight.

Playing the game for an hour every 2-4 weeks is a terrible way to play, lol.

>it's a millennials that grew up with COD complaining about a not even remotely difficult game thread

>implying RE4 is more difficult than CoD
>implying RE4 isn't the easiest RE

>implying RE2 is not the easiest RE

It maybe not dramatic, but it's noticeable when you can decap three enemies in a row with a roundhouse kick.
Luckily, the good thing about the dynamic difficulty is that game gets harder if you're doing well. Kind of makes it satisfying when you go through the game with a low death count.

The only times I get hit this days is when I get cocky and go for special kills or want to save ammunation although there is absolutely no need to do that.

I was a huge cod2 fan but everything else was meh as fugg
re4 is tough, but re2 was a cakewalk

Avoid the Red9. It's a false Siren. High power but heavy (slow) and takes up a ton of inventory space. Not worth it.

wow u fucking SUCK

That's not a glitch, it's intentional

re4hd.com/

Waiting for this to finish before I do another play through.

I loved RE4
Really enjoyed RE5 (co-op)

Should I try RE6?

>There was never a game where more thought was put into the game design than RE4
About 90% of the non-gunplay mechanics were reused for God Hand.

No other handgun feels as good as Red9 + stock.

Weird since God Hand doesn't feel polished at all.

WASD to move, A/D turns you. Shift sprints. Both Q and Shift/S will make you 180. Aiming's pretty good, but if you've got a good mouse and a steady hand, Leon's Parkinson's can get kinda annoying.

It plays at a much faster pace than RE4 even though it's based around the same controls, and you don't get to stand an aim as much. Lot more rushing into people's faces while they're not stunned. Hell, the only real difference movement-wise is the camera. You even have the same 180 degree spin button.

Salazar fight is really easy.
Stay at the start of the room.
If his arms attack you there is a button prompt to dodge so that shouldn't hit you.
That only leaves his one hit kill move, which comes from his center part, just run off to the side and then back to the middle once he's done it.

He loses his jacket, that's why it goes.

A neat part of Adas story is you see a los plagas with it on.

>no alt outfit where you can simply wear Leon's jacket again

Fucking bullshit. All those rereleases and they never did it. That jacket was amazing. Fuck them.

Don't you need to beat professional to unlock armored ashley?
Also can you unlock mercenary by beating the game on easy? I don't want to play through the game again, I just want mercenaries but downloading savefiles doesn't work

And the jacket looks like fucking shit on that villager too.

G. G. (Git gud)

>God Hand doesn't feel polished at all
I think it has plenty of polish. You're confused because it's a lower budget game so it "looks" worse.

>play on normal
>actually suffer a bit because enemies don't try to predict if you're going to run past them and swing early to compensate

Thanks, I'll try to remember that.

I think I got into the habit of running around the stage to collect loot before I actually fight him from when I played the game a bunch as a kid. So that's probably what messes me up nowadays.

Not only that the game looks like shit but also that it's so silly and randumb.

Yes. Just don't expect to like anything beyond Leon and Ada's stories.

It's made by the exact same team who made RE4, so unless you're trying to make some sort of insinuation about Mikami, you need to be more coherent with your shitposting.

Nothing I said was wrong. Also Mikami lost a good chunk of his credit for making evil within.

You can finish 99% of the game using only the knife.

This game doesn't have artificial difficulty, OP. The answer is so simple that you just won't accept it: you suck donkey balls. Learn to play better. Either you were never good at this game or you got very rusty.

You do realize RE4 can adjust it's difficulty to how well you're playing.

And since that's a proven fact, you just straight up suck at the game. It's okay to admit it.

I dont remember making this post.

It may not be as great as his other games, but I don't think there's anything wrong with The Evil Within.

>white people cosplaying Asians
???

I'm just about to finish the Wii version and I didn't think it was difficult except for maybe 2 or 3 rooms. Do the Wii controls make it that much easier? Never played the original.

the rpd uniform, while wearing it you get 30% less damage

Oh cool didn't know that.

Evil Within does have examples of artificial difficulty.

>The same thing happens to the Gangster outfit. It works like two Tactical Vests, which when combined with a Tactical Vest minimizes the damage by 90% rendering Leon almost unscathed. Again the effect is not present in the Wii and HD re-release versions
residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Tactical_Vest
woah

So which version is the Ultimate version based on? I know that the PS2 version was made easier than the gamecube version, so is it casual one or not?

Beating Seperate Ways gets you Al Capone Leon and Armored Ashley

Don't know about easy=Mercenaries..don't see why not, but if it did Mercs would be under "Extras"

Ada's shotgun in Separate Ways feels so good.

Why did they even take away Leon's jacket? Just to show that shit is for real now or what? I really liked it.

>I'm retarded and i suck at this game
>omg artificial difficulty

Are you baiting or are you seriously this retarded?

Just finished a new round of RE4
>died ONCE to ganados
>died 10 times during cutscene QTEs and at that jet ski part at the end

I beat it on PS2 for the first time a couple of months ago. I don't know what you're whining about OP, maybe you should suck less dick.

How bad do you suck?

>all these Red9 fags
The Red9 is literally worse in every category except damage to the Blacktail. And in the damage category the Blacktail is only slightly lower than the Red9 until you get the Red9s exclusive at the very last chapter.
Blacktail has:
>More ammo capacity
>Faster reloads
>Faster firing speed
>Smaller case space
All for the low price of doing .1-.5 less damage until the very last merchant.

Don't get me wrong the broomhandle is a sexy gun but it is shit in RE4

The first time I did Krauser's knife fight, I did it flawlessly. Every time after has been a disappointment. One time, on my 3rd or 4th playthrough, I failed about 20 times.

I've always been bad at the jet ski part. I think I've only done it flawlessly once. Every other time, I die about 5 times.

>beat it on PS2

jesus that version looked and sounded like total ass iirc

It has best damage and accuracy, the two most important factors.

It wasn't total ass. Serviceable if you didn't have the Gamecube version to compare it to back in the day.

But clips.

>he played the worst version

Late night/ early morning reminder every thread all thread (dying here of no sleep wut time even is it?)

you could use the save theme as bacround noise to help you sleep, i do!

Try Resident Evil: Dead aim, it gets a bad rap but is short, ambient and can really be spooky as fuck on a dark ship out at sea with nothing but the night wind, groaning boat steel and top-tier zombie moans in the distant.

It also has some of the very best unusual, ambient music, best save theme and possibly one of the best intros ever made. Please take a look and listen:

youtu.be/j1-zO0UX604 [Open] [Open]

youtu.be/g5lkah6o6I0 [Open] [Open]

youtu.be/B_pi376qR4I [Open] [Open]

You wont be disappoint

>Tfw RE5 is the best co-op campaign out there but nobody believes me

it has best per shot damage, but blacktail has a much higher dps, and its not like you're ever running out of handgun ammo. But the TMP is better than both of them anyways.

It really is though
I've beaten the game so many times in co-op with so many different people
Shit's insane

been meaning to play it again on steam but I dont really feel like playing with randoms

>looks like shit
Are the people who complain about godhand looking like shit the same ones jerking off over this re4hd texture pack?

>until you get the Red9s exclusive at the very last chapter.
There's only 5 chapters in the game, and the last one (the Island) is by far the longest one.

no one fucking cares anyways. the controls are dogshit and instantly make it a

If you need DPS you just equip the TMP. It makes any other DPS focused weapon completely irrelevant.

It is one of the best co-op games. Period. I've played that so much over winter break with my cousin when it first came out. The melee attacks, inventory system, and general smoothness are just great

You get the exclusive at the very last merchant in the last chapter.

I just said that in the next sentence you dummy

I'm actually struggling with the controls atm. I can rock tank controls, but after playing through 6, 4 feels even less fluid than 1.

This game is easy. Once you learn how the IA works it pathetic how you can abuse their movements and just use the QTE kicks for I-frames and saving ammo. Fun game though.

You will both have a handgun and TMP so picking a DPS based handgun is ineffecient as fuck.

>implying
I dont waste inventory space on a handgun when the TMP exists and ammo drops are dependent on what you have.

I'm playing the game right now and you get the exclusive right at the start of the island chapter you retard.

>You get the exclusive at the very last merchant in the last chapter.
You get the Red9 exclusive after beating Salazar, before going to the Island, you dunce.

Only plebs play RE4 without the 4 basic types of weapons, shotgun, handgun, rifle and TMP. It's just the most fun to have the variety and pick the perfect weapon for the right time and place.

Listen to this man, the Red 9 is a waste of time.

>git

shiet. I thought Island was chapter 4 I forgot there was 5. Forgive me.

I like having the extra space, and there's never really a time where I think the TMP couldn't do the handguns job better.

Honestly the handgun is the best pistol once you get the exclusive coupled with the amount of ammo it has it's the best for killing basic enemies.

Noice stranger...

I hope RE4 discussions go on forever as the game keeps coming out enough to keep it alive. Cant wait for the 4K VR edition in 2019! :3

>Not knowing the red 9 gets the best exclusive upgrade of all the handguns.
It gets the mostfirepower out of all the handguns and if you don't aim like a retard you'll fuck faces with it.

> shotgun, handgun, rifle and TMP
>not shotgun, handgun, rifle and revolver

5x Critical is better. It's an instant kill 1/3 shots.

>Updated graphics end up dated before even release.

Space is literally only a problem after the first merchant when you buy the rifle and TMP and after you get the free rocket launcher.

Killer7>BB
>cheaper compared to a fully upgraded BB(exclusive upgrade is very late in the game too and even with the free BB it is still cheaper)
>faster firing speed
>better mag size
>better handling
>better reload

Can't instant kill bosses, but I guess that's where the magnums come in.

no way fag.

Why all RE threads start with RE4 quotes / images?

Is it the best of the series? Is it the most recognizable one?

same. I bought an xbox controller for my pc specifically because of this game

Yeah I forgot the magnum type but to be fair it's a really special use weapon you use only for the toughest enemies. I always use it for the armor plagas, the blind wolverine faggots and the minigun guy. And of course a few bosses like Salazars right hand man.

I like to keep a Rocket Launcher on me at all times and eventually the minethrower too, they take up a good chunk of space so having the extra space for ammo/grenades and healing is nice. Again the TMP does everything the handguns do but better so why have one.

>Yo dawg...

I miss you.

UN FORASTERO

That's total bullshit. You get the exclusive of the BB before the fight of Saddler's pet which makes it totally worth it and absolutely satisfying to use the absolute devastating firepower.

Are the quotes the best he asks... Ha!

youtu.be/XWgtZrxzFwI

frag grenade is better. It stuns the guy and breaks the lock on the cage

>Rocket Launcher on me at all times
How can one man as plebeian as this exist? Don't talk to me or my Red9 ever again.

Will this fucking cuck ever get over her?

Its just fun to use sometime user. Don't tell me you dont like fun?

Holy Trinity of quotable games, alongside Deus Ex and Starfox 64. Never let it be said that camp is easy to write.

The Killer 7 is already worthless because you get it only on the island. That means you can't upgrade the BB in the entire castle part since it would be a waste of money and if you do the cheaper cost of the Killer 7 is more than neglected.

>not Dick kick'em

Conker's bad furday is another one for me.

Krauser (both the cutscene and final fight) probably made up 90% of my deaths on professional

i've died maybe once on the jetski in like 5 playthroughs. Just slow down when you dodge the falling rocks

To make it more iconic by having you miss it

It's the only one Cred Forums played

thats my favorite part. each engagement is like a puzzle with how to use the ai to spend the least amount of ammo and take the least amount of damage

The rocket launcher is anti fun. The only fun part I can think of is where all the cultists are all in one place and are basically begging to be shot with a rocket launcher. Otherwise it's just a boss killer weapon that makes the game less fun. How they give you a free rocket launcher right before the toughest boss in the game is downright insulting.

this

the tmp does everything a handgun does but better. you just need to manage your ammo a bit better and not panic spray. 1 shot to the face or knees can set up QTE/knife combos easily

It's great for Verdugo though. He's not so much a fun fight as a tedious ammo soak, so free RL allows you to collect the reward without spending an eternity doing the same thing over and over.

Using TMP all the time is just a waste of ammo. For me the TMP is literally the panic weapon. Surrounded or a las plaga right in your face? TMP. Shield guys? TMP their legs and then their body. Bug group is right in your face? TMP.

its not a waste of ammo when it takes literally one shot to dispatch an enemy

If you kill Verdugo in your first playtrough with the rocket launcher you will have a vastly worse experience than killing him legit or escaping till the elevator is ready. In further playtroughs it's also worth killing him to thin out your inventory of all the ammunition and see how fast you can kill him.

Kinda shitty that you get swamped with shotgun ammunition on the island.

I think the Wii Version removes the slight jittery movement with the other ones meaning you miss a lot less. You basically turn into a European surgeon

Stop making threads with this autistic format Monster fucker fags.

Meleeing every single enemy is just tedious garbage. No one plays that autistic.

I am extremely autistic in this game about ammo

Wii version removes Leon's Parkinson's since the wiimote's supposed to be 1:1 aiming, save for the Red9 and TMP without the stock which adds artificial shaky aim.

Obviously on your first playthrough you should go blind, but for subsequent playthroughs the free RL is a godsend. I would not say it is "anti fun," especially since you need to know to freeze him before firing it to kill him in one hit, so that's likely not something you'll know blind.

>save for the Red9 and TMP without the stock which adds artificial shaky aim.
It does that? I never noticed any shaking before I bought the stock.

It's subtle, but it's there, and the wiimote aim is so good you'll likely not notice, unlike the other versions where the laser goes full retard.

>tfw the best character in the whole series gets introduced and killed off in the course of 10 minutes.

Broest of the bros. Him and Luis both.

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE

Massive fucking tits.

>fan-art

>will never go to that good bar
Also kinda embarassing to be shot down by some spic with a rocket launcher.

RIP

At least you get to kill the spic in separate ways I think

>that moment that leon and mike have just staring at each other...

Doesn't it feel wrong as fuck to play this in spanish?

That's just the game senpai, don't you dare criticize it with non-existant faults, even if you just wanted to start a thread about it.
Until you come up against shields (3 shots to break part of a shield), helmets, or any enemy that doesn't have an actual head (there's a few) or just mini bosses or bosses.
Red9 has all that covered because of it's damage, it only outright sucks before the castle when you fight Mendez with the really bad reload times and 10 bullet magazine.

>and that moment when that perfect moment is ruined

Why must video games be so cruel to helicopters?

>unironically using the words artificial difficulty together
sounds like you just suck so git gud or kys yourself

Ive played RE4 on 4 different platforms and im still considering getting it for the PS4.

This fucking game.

yeah. i find it still really enjoyable after all these years. its like the san andreas of RE.

We were lucky. RE4 was released right between the times when games got cinematic but kept it to cutscenes and games that included cinematics in the gameplay. Imagine if RE4 had parts where you needed to fight a scripted boss that goes into the next cinematic sequence after some damage was dealt or some parts where you would just walk with some NPC and talking with each other. Shit like that kills all replayability.

The nips need to be purged. If this wasn't posted in a RE thread I wouldn't even recognize the character.

anybody ever play the mobile version, that came out some time ago?

I bet nintendo didn't think that RE4 will be on literally every platform ever when they signed that exclusive deal with capcom.

This is why I like TLOU. There are cutscenes and the game is cinematic but it does it well like RE4. Puzzles are just as brain dead as well.

But the shooting feels so fucking enjoyable and the craft on the go works wonderfuly.

TLOU is constantly shat on on Cred Forums but imo it has a lot in common with RE4.

Not trying to derai the thread just picking up on your point. Truth is I love RE4 so much I already lost count on how many times I completed it. If I could only play one game forever Id pick it.

yeah, its total shit
same with dmc4 refrain

Nigga, I've played every version.

Wish I would have known that before I beat it on an emulator. Would have saved me a lot of stress. I died many, many times but the game didn't know to lower the difficulty for me because I was using save states.

can play with the original controls just plug in a CC or gamecube controller

Needs a vita port

Fuck off, normie.

I remeber those meme threads.