Final boss is Bowser

>Final boss is Bowser

WOW! WHO WOULD'VE THUNK?!

BRAVO NINTENDO. ALWAYS INNOVATING AND STAYING CREATIVE

What else would they have?

He actually looks pretty menacing there, I like it.

Too bad things had to be this way, though.

as opposed to?

At least the final boss wasn't Bowser in TTYD.

yes lets have his less intense shitty fuck boy son be the final boss

Someone new?

King Boo.

Nintendo has had creative villains before, why are you guys acting like bowser is the only option?

They could have easily come up with some new character

ROLLING IN THE DEEP

Anything cooler? TTYD had the Shadow Queen which was awesome

The new villain is color-blind and he wants everyone else to see the world like he does so he tries to suck up all the color in the world

there, some retarded idea i pulled out of my ass in two seconds is better than what nintendo's entire creative department could come up with

Considering how black paint works and what they were going for, I could really only see the black paint itself, if it functioned like Dark Matter or something.
Which probably wouldn't be that bad.

what was special about the shadow queen? really generic and has no presence in the story

THANKS FOR SPOILING IT, ASSHOLE!

This backtracking Pretendos have had to do concerning this game is hilarious.

Woah, a Mario game has Bowser in an antagonistic role? How uncreative!

What? Mario jumps on things in this game? How unoriginal!

I'm sorry user, I know it was supposed to be a big surprise but I couldn't help myself

ur gay

It's okay to shake things up every now and again. I just wish they did more with Bowser rather than "Le Princess is kidnapped!", especially since 3D World and the last act of Paper Jam (and technically Color Splash) did.

shut the fuck up, cody

You forgot to mention the weakest plot twist with the dark paint.

>evil paint possesses Bowser
>still only fight bowser instead of black paint demon

COME THE FUCK ON NINTENDO

Cackletta is technically the same shit as OP. Another evil being that took over Bowsers body. Difference here being Cackletta had a presense in SSS.

Do people forget that PM64 had Bowser as obviously the final boss or something? This is not surprise.

The final boss is Cackletta's soul though, not bowser

That was 16 years ago though. Bowser as the final boss is kinda getting old

Again, TTYD didn't.

Semantics. It's just a phase 2. Believe me I'm not arguing for Color Splash, I'm just saying Bowser is usually used in some capacity.

The shadows look cool, but the white outlines make the characters look like shit while casting a shadow

>WOW THIS PIZZA HAS CHEESE ON IT, ARE YOU EVEN TRYING?

The shit did you expect?

I saw a reddit post where someone explained that Bowser's fight in 64 had buildup behind it: Bowser shows up, throws you out of the castle and you spend the entire game getting strong enough to beat him up.
In Sticker Star and Color Splash, the buildup comes, not from Bowser himself, but finding him if anything. So when you finally meet him, how are you supposed to feel, especially since you only see him once beforehand?

Bowser is 100x more entertaining when he isn't the main villain. I loved him in Inside Story, Thousand Year Door, and Super Paper Mario

>company gives you 2 amazing pizza
>third one is okay
>fourth one is unacceptable
>fifth one is uneatable

>food analogy

pretty good graphics though.

>reddit

Pretendos ARE Reddit. I keep forgetting this for some reason.

Yeah, it's a shame. The presentation is amazing and the game actually looks really fun. But it's hindered by it
s lack of any originality in its story or characters. y'know, the things RPGs are known for

She was nonsense. Even moreso than Necron.

>Bowser as the final boss is kinda getting old
It has been 31 years since SMB1, where in several games, Bowser is the final boss, and NOW you're getting that it's getting old? Really, nigga?

>Final boss is Bowser

Did you even play the game?

I feel like at this point Mario games are just Nintendo's way of showcasing new graphics and tech.

BRO it is all about the epic, fun gameplay. That's Nintendo, always gameplay first.

> the epic, fun gameplay
user...

Last time they did that it was shit

Would you guys have felt better if Phase 2 of this fight was some sort of Black Paint Star instead of just Bowser, but bigger?

And no one cares about that shitty game, do they?

Anything, man. Even if it was just a black ball of paint with angry eyes I would be impressed

My bar for Nintendo is so low and yet they still manage to fall below my expectations

The problem is that Miyamoto is extremely stubborn about the Mario universe. I can respect that to a degree, but he hates any sort of new or original characters being made in the Mario canon.

A lot of the old Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG characters did not betray the Mario theme and actually made the universe feel a lot more alive. Now, we're just stuck with Mario searching for Toads and fighting Koopa at the end of every game. Leave that shit for the main games and let the spin-offs actually be different.

From descriptions, I was expecting some giant drippy paint monstrosity that vaguely resembled Bowser. Not literally BLACKED Bowser.

Paper Dark Star from M&L BiS

Nintendo is dead, guys. accept it.

I feel like if the final boss was anything other than bowser nintendrones would become confused and distressed, and start defecating all over the place.

The original PM64 at least had the excuse of a)being the first of its kind and b)having appropriate buildup considering that the goal was less about beating him and more to do with overcoming his invincibility.

In this game though, there is no buildup, we know that he was going to be the final boss based on the trailer alone, most of the dirty work was done by his kids and shy guys, and Huey will most likely sacrifice himself to stop Bowser like Kersti did in SS.

More people care about TTYD than they do about SS or CS.

Of course, Nintendo would rather force the SS meme than actually listen to their fans.

>Now, we're just stuck with Mario searching for Toads and fighting Koopa at the end of every game.
To be fair that's partially Tanabe's fault.