The open world is shit, the combat is somewhat muddled, side missions are forgettable...

The open world is shit, the combat is somewhat muddled, side missions are forgettable, story is nothing special but shit, I swear this game has some of the best level design across all the Arkham games.

Some fantastic story missions in here.

That's literally my opinion. Indoor levels are great, open world and everything related to it is ass.

It SHOULD have been a level based game.

honestly I don't understand the hate for it

I fucking love christmas, the only part of the year when I am happy so I loved it

That part when bane attacked me in the elevator was awesome, and joker was best here in the all of the series.

I really enjoyed the way they set up why Joker's fascinated with Batman, I thought that was actually pretty well done for a Joker & Batman origin story.

I think the reason Origins in general was poorly received comes down to two things:

1) A general lack of polish. Nothing about it was outright terrible, but there were some little things here and there, the movement never felt quite right, the combat felt slightly off etc

2) Origins was where "more of the same" got boring (Knight hit the issue even harder). City's gameplay was largely the same as Asylum, only on a bigger scale, but people liked it because no one was tired of the Arkham gameplay yet. But then Origins came and it was basically just City again and people were a bit tired of "more of the same" stuff.

I'm just surprised Rocksteady didn't take any cues from Origins. For example, travelling up the hotels to get to Joker up in the Penthouse was top tier and the game was full of levels like that. Even had more platforming than what I recall in Knight or City, reminded me a bit of Asylum.

Not to mention how they actually did a good job with the boss battles, which is something Rocksteady completely lost direction on in Knight. Deathstroke in there is literally ass.

I guess the hate comes from the fact people see it as nothing but a reskinned City, which in most cases outside the Story, it pretty much is, though not as good despite releasing after

I was pretty hard on this game when it came out but in retrospect its probably better than Knight.

Yeah, they should have added at least one more "dungeon" and actual bossfights in Knight. But i like Knight's open world, my least favorite is Origins one.

Origins world is just bland. There's nothing really even remotely interesting about it. Most I recall is having to constantly glide across the bridge. It shines in the story missions though, I don't recall Knight really having some levels like the ones here even though I actually loved that game

The DLC is mandatory

I wasn't even aware this game had story DLC
What does it consist of?

Freeze battle
And the new suit you hear about during the game
Literally must

About the bossfights...

>Croc
Dodging him is fun, but It's hard to believe for me that he can get stunned with the cape, i would have prefered at least some QTE thing to punch him.

>Deathstroke
The counter vs counter thing it's basically a QTE, but it doesn't feel like it, it's well done. I only hate they reused some Ra's moves from City.

>Copperhead
Reuses Ra's clone fight, but it works. And it's harder.

>Deadshot
It's a reskin of Two Face and Harley from Arkham CiIy. I don't like that kind of bossfight: fighting a normal thug with an special weapon and a lifebar. I think it was better done in City, where you have to take him down before he kill you with one shot.

>Shiva
She's a normal crowd fight. Dissapointing. It should have been like Deathstroke, isn't she a better fighter than him?.

>Firefly
It's intense for the all the fire surrounding you, but it's not that original (remind me to Clayface from City): throw glue grenades at him, then batarangs, then the claw.

>Bane
My favorites. All of them are really exciting: the way he fights hand to hand first, then his charges and at the end when he turns into an even bigger guy, the fight is as good as Mr. Freeze one.

For me, they are as good as City ones, but not better.

Also Wayne's manor

If it don't have Kevin Conroy I don't give a fuck.

I'm playing through this at the moment. Anyone know how the hell my completion is less than 40% despite the fact I've finished the game and all the most wanted guys except Nigma who I probably won't bother with, and one other "locked" case which I don't really know much about

It's literally Arkham City with a more coherent story

This has actually pissed me off quite a bit, is it just Cold, Cold Heart that's the story DLC then?

This was a game in my backlog, I've been playing it on my good ol' 360. Don't think I have the funds in my account readily available to buy the DLC and I'm not sure I'm really up for paying full price for Cold, Cold, Heart. It's not a lot of money, but I doubt the content there is all that significant.

Shit, now I think about it I actually got the Collectors edition of this game mostly for the Joker/Batman statue and now I find out this bollocks. DLC

City>Knight>Origins>Asylum

I want to replay Knight though since I think it might be better with the season of infamy DLC. Still the bad riddler puzzles and deathstroke fight left a bad taste in my mouth

>Asylum last

Wew, been some time since I've seen taste this shit

Yes

Pirate or YouTube first

Getting into the new suit will give you a boner

Aa>ao>ak>ac

Boss fights are unforgivable

Don't pay full price

Asylum has far better boss fights than Knight

I'm not sure when Microsoft will put last gen DLC up for sale again desu. That, and by the time they do I'll probably have moved far on. Got Knight's DLC to play too

I was googling around and saw the "Initiation" DLC, it sounds pretty cool desu, is it just challenge maps though?

Knight's fights were boring but I dont think anything will ever beat titan joker for worst boss fight. Not just in arkham but video games. It is mechanically retarded, extremely OoC, and another big guy fight which there were already pleanty of in that game

Actually for me, they quite easily topped that by making Deathstroke a tank battle that was literally a rehash of a previous boss battle

Not only that, you then defeat him with a single punch.

This is Deathstroke.

i think that was the worst boss battle i've ever seen in a game. that shit was so anti climatic

I was foolish enough to hype myself up for it. I got there and nothing happened. Then I realised the Batmobile logo on the ground

I still remained hopeful that they just wanted to play a cool cutscene before the actual fisticuffs.

Then it was only disgust.

If you're talking about the indoor levels, you're OBJECTIVELY wrong. The map designs are linear trash.

Playing it now and I completely agree. The open world is neat looking but devoid of anything worth doing. Also why are criminals at every corner? I get that Gotham is traditionally a criminal shit hole but damn.

They generally are linear in the Arkham games, what are you on about

>Knight that high

Not him but in Knight, both melee combat and predator are the most fun from the series. Shame for the repetitive side missions and shit bossfights.

It's the best one.

>OBJECTIVELY wrong.
Explain why using objective facts then m8

>slim PS3 always shits itself when I get to the hotel
What the fuck? Why does it always crash like that?

Compared to the maps of Asylum and City, the levels in Origins are basically a line. Penguin's boat and the hotel are completely linear. GCPD and the bridge are 90% linear.

It's more interesting when you pass through the same rooms multiple times and in opposite directions. Like Zelda dungeons vs CoD levels.

But a lot of missions in the Arkham games are linear. That's generally how these things are. Origins might have been more linear than the previous entries, but they were linear in themselves and that's not an inherently bad thing. I think they actually did a pretty good job of it honestly. It'd be pointless running back and forth when you're making your way up to the top, instead it felt like an actual climb and the end result was pretty interesting.

Jingle Bells Batman Smells Robin laid an egg

The game had a lot of issues iirc

>Not even included in the remaster collectioN

combat challenges

My issue is that the game as soon as you load up the main menu advertises that there's two or three NG+ ranks, and you only get to use your skins in story mode after the first finish.

Like damn nigga that's presumptuous as shit to assume I'm gonna play this three fuckin times. I just wanted to run around as Adam West.

I just think it's lazy level design. Penguin's boat should have been much less linear, and the first half of GCPD could have been too. It just makes the environments feel fake to me.

that's pretty fuckin stupid
some games are arguably only fun because you can immediately dress like a fucking lunatic

APB comes to mind

The boss fights were really fun.

Arkham knight in comparison just felt rushed, felt like they phoned it in.

After a while the game feels good but I also had the same problem mainly because I played Arkham City to death then moved on to Arkham Origins.

Arkham Knight definitely needed more boss fights but I feel like they substituted that for the Batmobile and Riddler races which didn't feel like a good trade off.

What makes them fake to me are Enigma challenges. Like, where did all the cops went after you raided the GCPD?. Origins has the worst Riddler, fuck him.

>Knight and Origins ahead of Asylum

No taste. No appreciation of level design. No appreciation of puzzles.