Why Esports is a joke

Everything about esports is a joke, it wants to be taken seriously but all you have to do is look at how the players behave. There's nothing professional about it. Could you imagine going to see a boxing match or football game and the other team just rage quitting? But that happens all the time in esports, here is just one video of many compiling this bullshit. That's just one problem of many with this whole bs idea of competitive gaming.

What are some other reasons esports is a joke?

youtube.com/watch?v=bUsSUmrIuCo

Everyone already knew that, e-sports are in the same category as speedrunning, mlp and minecraft

Because unlike real sports, games that are deemed pro league worthy are simply games that their developers spent money on to attract a pseudo competitive scene, regardless of if the game actually has enough depth to be competitive

Some of them actually have mental issues though.

Despite how much it pisses you off, eSports is still a growing entertainment business, and is growing rapidly in popularity and in players. It's going to keep growing, regardless of how much it triggers your autism.

It's cute that you think this is some sort of revelation that you have to convince people of. Every knows esports are dumb shit.
>>/r/eddit

>implying that proffessional athletes don't rage and act immature

I don't like e-sports, but using Smash is kinda pushing a deeper level of autism

I'm just saying it needs to be professional if it ever wants to be taken seriously.

You're confusing Nintendo fans with normal people - don't do that - they aren't.

Keep this thread going you need to show the world how acoustic and gay esports are

Real athletes get pissed at shit too, it just so happens that eSports players break into autistic fits when things don't go their way

>shitting on esports
>sm4sh
>rage meem face

Real athletes still rage on occasion. They just can't do it a lot because they're held to a higher standard. Most people who go to tourneys aren't even sponsored.

>sport made by a single company and sold for $60
>makes changes every few years that the fans don't even like most of the time
>uses a variety of different input methods that have minor strengths and weaknesses based on make and model
>uses hardware that quickly becomes antiquated and hard to manage
>events require funding from the very companies that already benefit most from the competitive scene

I would never want something like this to be taken seriously. That's why I watch fighting games and not CS and such.

>Could you imagine going to see a boxing match or football game and the other team just rage quitting?
nigga have you ever been to a soccer game? There's nothing professional about it.

>"E-sp-sports is a joke"
>NBA team buying out E-sports teams.
>"PURE COINCIDENCE"
So mad cuz bad.

On the field, guy gets pissed, he goes and deliberately shoves the shit out of someone on the other team and just gets a foul.

if you did that in an e-sport, you'd be banned for life

if "held to a higher standard" means "will get fucking fined" then yes. esports are fuckin gay even though i love dota and cs though.

I don't give a toss about exports, but op clearly doesn't know much about boxing. I mean, damn, when is the last time one of these iAthletes got frustrated, and bit a chunk out of a competitor's ear?

Shaq (Shaquille O'Neil) signed an Overwatch team. But keep being mad and telling yourself that eSports is a joke and isn't going anywhere.

I play smash bros, but these Americans are just autistic as shit.
Literally a nation of manchildren

Yea and if that overwatch team suddenly quit and broke their monitor mid competition I'm sure Shaq would have some concerns.

>Smash Bros
>eSports

You do know that every sport that has ever existed has instances (sometime quite frequent) of poor sportsmanship, right? Or are you a beta weirdo who doesn't watch sports?

If it involves video games, it's always going to be a joke.

Always.

The stigmas that come with video games will never go away.

Yea and physical sports involve a certain amount of adrenaline, that's not a factor in video games. What we see is just spazzing out in esports

it's already taken seriously

your opinion is shit

This. It's incredible how that stigma has stuck. In a time where most guys and a lot of girls play video games in some form, the stigma of being "a gamer" will never ever go away.

>you don't experience adrenaline from video games
Oh, ok, my bad. You should have just said from the start that you're retarded. Would've saved me time.

Luis Suárez is the epitome of a raging manchild who is also a professional athlete and paid a multi million dollar salary to throw entire seasons away for biting his opponents.

Lol

>goes to a Smash tournament
>goes 0-2
>skulks back home and posts on Cred Forums about how esports are a joke

git gud

>user argues that adrenaline levels are the same for physical sports and video games.
>Calls others retarded
Lmao

Nice strawman you fucking mongoloid. I never said it's the same. You said that you DON'T experience adrenaline from games at all, and I corrected you like the cockblowing retarf you are. Just give up, your thread is garbage and your opinion is garbage.