How many times have you beaten SMW World?

How many times have you beaten SMW World?

Dozens of times

Too many to count.
It's a damn fun game.

One 1 time

idk I didn't finish star road until I was a man though, that balloon level was bullshit

what romhack is that?

also i accidentally beat it on my first real playthrough of it by taking the star road path and then getting warped to the back door

>super mario world world

>Super Mario World World

>SMW World
Super Mario World World?

Not once.

I've actually never played it.

I never played any Mario game. Ever. I played Wario World on GBP for a while.

I'm stuck on one later than that, an ice world where I have to make a long jump to a single block and then another block after that. I slide and miss

Oh shut up, I meant SMB World

A bunch, but I've only beaten the game without using world skips a couple times.

Once, and that was just due to being hyped for Mario Maker when it was new

beaten five times, 103'd twice. My favorite 2D mario, although the NSMB line is pretty sweet

No, I'm only falling for it once

SMB3 is far superior

It literally is SMB 4
The levels are short and the power ups aren't utilized enough

>the NSMB line is pretty sweet

They are but they kind of lack the spark of the old-school platformers, don't you think?

just once

SMB3 though, dozens of times

Yeah but there's like twice as many levels, way more variety too. SMW has like 5 level types just repeated over and over and none of the worlds feel different from each other

>SMW World

Like 3 times: first time taking a normal route, not 100%
Second time: 100%
Third time: using the star road shortcut

After that it gets super boring. Mario 3 is more fun to replay because its hard

How many breads have you eaten in your life?

>you will never beat that level with the jumping fireballs or the sun

I think it's around 23 now. Still not my favourite.

never played it

>SMW with SMB3 goombas

Disgusting

I beat it twice

without pressing the A button!

>Super Mario Bros. World

Dozens of times. I've gotten all the exits unlocked, and I can run through the game in like 20 minutes if I'm rushing it.

>be friends with one of "that kid"
>if you beat Super marry-o world 100 times you unlock Link! He always has the fire powers but shoots swords
I beat it too many times.

I've never played past Vanilla Dome

>those goombas
>those bush things with the eyes
>the exit arrow sign no where near an exit
>? block probably wouldnt even animate if it were a GIF

I can't do the 3rd castle, the asshole magikoopa kills me to good
reznors up top over the top bridge are manageable but still frustrating
then I get stuck in forest of illusion in the water fortress

Why do you make things up on the internet?

I still have never beat it. It's the hardest SM game I've ever played. I can never get past the forest of illusion 2 it's been almost 30 years now. Great, now I'm depressed thinking about it....

>It's the hardest SM game I've ever played
Really? Which have you played?

Can't imagine.

These are somewhat true. SMW really isn't that challenging compared to titles that came before it. But damn if it isn't one of my favorites.

Play Lost Levels or Mario 2 if you want a challenge, SMB3 is cake compared to that shit.

Get off this website you fucking loser.

I've played it fully three times, made a beeline to bowser from star road a handful of others, and have gotten to either the caves or the forest many more times before shelving the game out of boredom.

SMB3 is a lot more engaging

I hate to admit it but I got stuck in the Forest of Ilusion as a kid and never got further.

One day I'd like to go back to it.

I don't know. I've 96*'d so many times. It's a good game that I'll replay every year or so.

never. 2d games are a meme

What the fuck is this?

Really? I'd have to disagree solely due to there being a save feature. I've never beaten SMB3 because you have to go through the whole game in one go. Yes, I know you can warp to World 8, but that shit's pretty brutal compared to going straight to World 8 in SMB1

To have to play the first couple levels over and over and over again every time you want to warp whistle when you turn off the game is pretty boring

>I wish they would make more Super Mario games with deep and emotional story lines.

Try the All-Stars version. You can save in it.

It really is hard. I can almost beat M64 and do pretty good on SMB1 (world 3-4) but SMW is near impossible. It's like the pinacle of Mario toughness in gaming.

>I've never beaten SMB3 because you have to go through the whole game in one go

On the NES? Only ever played the All Stars version of SMB3 which saves periodically.

>It's like the pinacle of Mario toughness in gaming.

That's not Lost Levels.

I've probably beaten the game 20+ times by just star road speedrunning to bowsers castle

I've 100%ed including the secret world probably like 3 times

Right, forgot to mention it was NES. All-Stars rubs me the wrong way sadly. Saving is nice, but I prefer the graphics and controls in the original games.

Never.
Honestly, I haven't bothered.

as a kid, I was shit at games
and now all these years later, I haven't really felt like playing SMW

>there are people in this board who never beat SMBW1
wtf I beat it when i was like 10 on the GBA

Then play on a fucking emulator and use state saves, you fucking scrub.

Well the hardest obstacle for the quickest run is bowser
if you learn how to pick an item up, jump, and kick it upwards? you've got half the fight down
the other half is learning where to stand when he attacks so it misses
It has fun mechanics that I don't think had enough levels to use. The fire flower is never handy, the cape is just perfect. Yoshi comes in handy maybe twice

But that's not a real Mario game. It's a cheap Japanese romhack.
That's why I said SMW is harder.
No one even liked that game much that's why it wasn't sold here.

Prolly like 5 or 6 times.
Fukkin love mario world

yoshi is god-tier if you can find a blue shell

desu I don't know how to get past the forest of illusions. Posting umaru reaction image because I don't have my other anime pics on this computer. Pls don't call me dumb hamster poster

>It literally is SMB 4
Yeah , you can call it SMB 4 or SMW or even SMW: SMB4. But saying SMB World or SMW World is just nonsensical and wrong

>It's a cheap Japanese romhack.

Made by Shigeru himself you dolt.

>No one even liked that game much that's why it wasn't sold here.

Shigeru made the decision not to sell it in NA because he felt it was too difficult for those players.

It was my first videogame

Maybe 10. I've only bothered doing a 100% run once though. Do all the Koopas turn into Mario in all versions when you get 100%? I only did it on the GBA port and never bothered with All Stars or SMW itself.

>Shigeru made the decision not to sell it in NA
NoA thought it was too difficult and looked too samey
Shiggy wanted to bring it over

>Shiggy's Castle

You're still a filthy casual and a dumb hamster poster.

Oh you're right I'm tripping out. It's easily one of the best Mario games though was my initial point.

Just cuz some dude named shiggy made it doesn't mean it was any good. It was a pretty lame romhack even by kaizo standards.
There are much better romhack than what this "shiggy" males.

trying too hard
tone it down

It's pretty possible though, you just could not unride Yoshi and jump over the saws, thwomps and other shit. Why don't you try finish it with 0.5 A presses?

IMO the first game and 3 are way harder than SMW, could never finish them yet. Again I'm really used to SMW for playing it for almost 20 years and can even finish the game using one hand, no memeing here

>It really is hard
>near impossible
>pinnacle of Mario toughness
Dude, you just suck.

>mfw cheesing Tubular with Blue Yoshi and Cape
But seriously, how the fuck do P Balloons work?

Huh? I don't understand.

>every Ghost House has two exits
>except Vanilla Dome
EXPLAIN THIS

Well it is, I can tell you haven't played it at all. You are just parroting others. You should play it sometime. It's fucking intense.

It's a short level when you really check it out, the biggest obstacles I think are the two fire pods in a column, but you're plenty okay to sit between 2 of the 4 fireballs

Jesus.

Too many to remember, but it was the first game I ever had with my first console ever. I sucked so bad that it took me months to train myself not to swing the controller and myself out of habit when I was trying to make a tough jump.

Uh, is SMW World not Super Mario World? Super Mario World World? Super Mario W World? Super Mario Warui World?