ITT: Terrible redesigns

ITT: Terrible redesigns

>there are actually people out there that think this looks cooler than Reptile's klassic design

Rainbow ninjas were always shit.

Yes, because being a reskin for the billionth time was always so interesting.

Could've just went the Sub-Zero route.

>WAAAH, the new design is shit even though I can use the classic design too! DOOM 2016 is shit too!

post green vidya characters

Why did the reskin crew look so cool in MK9

But if they stayed with that recolor shit nowadays you'd be shitting on it even harder

Fuck you Chameleon is cool

Reptile has never looked good.

Green > Blue > Yellow

Good idea.
Fuck OP, let's paint this board green.

They could have went the Scorpion route and have the Reptilian form be a power/transformation or something

Picking a character that was previously badass and secret and turning him into generic lizard man who jobs to every single other fighter is disgusting

Reptile is the original secret character, literally the first.
He deserves some respect

People really hated everything about this reboot, but I thought it was alright...

He consistently appears in the games. Consider that due respect. Meanwhile Rain fans are consistently dicked over.

>How dare a character have more depth than just a pallet swap

The redesign was good. shut up

>muh Rain
Rain can fuck off, we need more Noob Saibot

No one will admit it but all MK designs got shit over time, and 9 & X got way too serious and gore-focused. Yes, they were always about gore, but older ones had a much better balance of color(new ones washed out in brown and grey), sillyness, gore, abd 'coolness' for lack of a better word.

Bones and muscle xray shit is just too far and stops gameplay. Do that in fatalities if you must, not in the middle of the fight.

>rain can fuck off
No, fuck you and your edgy little excuse for a ninja.

Test meme. Can you see it?

Old Rad from Rearmed 2 was a brilliant redesign, however.

>Dreads on a white guy
Should be illegal. One thing I agree with social justice on. Probably for different reasons though.

No, he doesn't.
Just fucking get rid of that jobber already

this is my swamp

Mk9 had the perfect balance of modern and classic design.

Mkx on the other hand...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHINESENINJAWARRIORRRRRRRRR... WITH YOUR HEART SOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLDM SUB-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But they already killed off the biggest jobber in the series.

>He's edgy because he's black!
Typical response of a Rainfag, Noob is the more interesting character in both gameplay and backstory. Rain is about as interesting as Taven.

fuck off

Who is the worst MK character and why is it Quan Chi?

Id really like to undersrand your reasoning why.
You know the Moasian/Greeks were the first to have dreads, right?

Why did Sub-Zero cosplay as The Shredder?

>Wanting more pallet swap ninjas
>Not wanting Shao Kahn as a playable character

Don't you have pupils to train, Hanzo?

What's the problem? Before he was just green Scorpion.

Cuz Shredder is cool.

I wish reptile was a fucking human. He looks so much cooler than whatever fucking lizard shit he is now. Not like he'd matter either way I guess

they smell and look like shit

*and Sub-Zero. Remember, he had both the Spear and Ice Ball in MK1.

>hating on WOOLAY
That's not how you spell Hsu Hao

That is far better than the original.

MKX just has a shitty color pallete and makes everything look brown. Same for Injustice.

MKX had some of the best costumes bar none. Yeah, yeah. Sex appeal and SJWs taking away all the lewd and all that bullshit but seriously, look at how good this is.

My nigga

John Vogel pls go.

Mileena's tournament costume and Kahnum outfit were also pretty good, desu.

>That is far better than the original.

The worst MK characters are those shitty kids in MKX, they all fucking suck

Posting best rainbow ninja

Honestly I'm glad they changed it. I'm all for sexy fighting females, but MK9 took it a little too far with the costumes.

Wasn't there an Oblivion edit of this picture? Anybody got it?

>M2K busts out Marth.jpg

>implying mileena with all the bandages and no mask wasnt the best costume yet

He needs some lotion

based

>Build a universe just as complex as Planescape with over a thousand dimensions stemming from different planes of reality, from the prime material, planes of alignments and astral planes.
>These realms/dimensions are completely fleshed out with their own bestiaries, and THOUSANDS of races and cultures that migrate to and from from these realms/dimensions.
>Hundreds of factions with different ideologies with their own roles and purposes, some playing a major part in shaping and controlling the balance of the MK universe. They each have their own powers and abilities that make them unique from each other, from manipulation of spirits to controlling the elements.
>Rivalries everywhere that partake not only between dimensions but happens between factions of the same realm.
>Stagnate the franchise into fightans where nobody gives a fucking shit about any of that crap and are only in it for the blood and fighting.

So when is MK going to get an RPG with fightan mechanics?

It baffles me how many people use the samurai stripper outfit as an example of good design.

I unironically love the ninja recolors. Seemed like they were part of a club or something.

No, it's not. It belongs to the PEOPLE. Disgusting capitalist ogre.

You fuck off. Mk9 was better in every way.

I love his cheesy one-liners, pretty fun to play as too.

probably never because their other spinoffs weren't successful.

T-Bone from Watch_Dogs pulls them off well.

Too bad X ruined her face.

the only MK spinoff that anyone actually played was shaolin monks (also the only GOOD spinoff), so no one gives a fuck about anything other than MK fightan

we'll never get an rpg

I remember being so ready for maximum expansion when I heard about it, but went limp as fuck once I actually saw it. One of the worst alts I've ever seen in a fighting game.

>black
>controls darkness and shadows
>Literally just copies scorpions storyline of "I was killed, then resurrected by Quan chi, now I work for him while simultaneously wanting revenge"

Oh yeah, not edgy and uninteresting at all.

Rain is a once great prince who attempted to betray edenia and his fellow royalty in an attempt to take the crown and become ruler of Edenia under Shao kahn, but was discovered and forced into exile. He actually has his own ducking story.

>Actually liked Photoshopped Baraka mouth.

>every mortal kombat after 2 general

The only exception are the ninja girls in 3/Ultimate. Dem titty binding strings were exquisite!

Better than adding lips for no reason other than a lesbo kiss.

The palette swap meme didn't make sense since umk3, after that all ninjas got their own models and back stories. Nice try.

How is it not? It's sexy, without being a literal bikini. And it has an actual theme.

>leaves out half his back story
>s-see, he's not as complex as "grrrr, I want to overthrow Shao Khan and rule, I'm a prince"

As good an idea as that genuinely is, I think it's safe to say that the people at NRS are completely incompetent outside of just making above average fighting games.

>shaolin monks only spin off ever played
I'm sure everyone not underage played the Sub Zero game and proceeded to get super pissed in the first level dying to the pillars smashing them

I think the lips are mainly there so they can animate her talking without her mask on.

Go away and go back to whining about losing your Killer rank, Max.

I would suggest WB get another developer to make the game instead, like Obsidian or whoever else makes RPGs these days.

source?

I like the dead look in his eyes in 3, like he gave up a long time ago and is only surviving because it's muscle memory at this point.

My hero academia

It's a manga/anime series

But he looks better in the last picture

i meant the game, i never saw a my hero academia game before

MKX is literally the best Reptile has ever looked.

Generic ninja man in green clothes is not interesting in any way.

Tanya makes my peepee hard.

>Generic ninja man in green clothes is not interesting in any way.

What's the problem here?

Yeah it was pretty cool.

any of reptile's versions are better than the reskins

I totally agree, check out these rad leaked designs for Scorpion and Sub-Zero in MK11

I'm so glad they ditched the old designs and just went completely over board

DAMN HIPPIES GET OUT OF MY SWAMP

Don't you dare talk shit about Glacius motherfucker

We halo now guys hahaha

His old design was cooler

>shitty human ninja only done because they didn't have the technology to make a decent looking lizard guy

New reptile is superior in every way. MK has enough fucking humans already, hardly need more.

>he doesn't want to play as the scorpion king

He's not wrong. What character does the plain green ninja have outside of he lives at the bottom of a spike pit?
With the actual reptillian versions they developed a character for him.

Hey, screw you. I'm glad my kind is finally getting represented in video game.

Are you actually implying that MKX is the first MK to make Reptile reptillian?
Are you actually retarded?

>tfw no one believes you beat sub zero

Reptile should look like a reptile. But still, he is an assassin, so he should look like a mix betweeen the 2. I like the mk9 design, but the mkx one goes towards the 'reptile' aspect more.

He was a human Ninja with cool lizard powers
Thats all the back story he needs.

He was 100% cooler when he could pull his face off to reveal a lizard/dinosaur face instead of just being a retarded lizard man that doesn't even know he's supposed to flicker his tongue instead of shaking his head around with his tongue hanging out

I could be wrong, but I don't see how that was implied at all.

The other half Is he is literally a shittier sub zero who sneak attacked scorpion and his clan, then scorpion comes back and kills him in a fair fight because he sucks. If anything, leaving it out was doing him a favor.

not him, but he has an extensive backstory in MKM.

>He was a human Ninja with cool lizard powers
No he wasn't. Originally he just shot freezeballs AND spears. He was literally just a recolor.
He had no character UNTIL he became reptilian.
I think I just misunderstood your second sentence.

Well that's just ridiculous, nobody beats Sub Zero.

Some JP only 3DS game

MKM?

Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub Zero

dhalsim

What I want to see is a costume where reptile is wearing the human disguise but its been ripped to expose the lower half of his real face and hands.

It was always known since mk2 that he had a human and lizard form. I just personally prefer his human form, were little bits and pieces of his lizard form show during moves and fatalities over just full blown reptilious creature.

>he doesn't know the lore
Lin Kuei didn't butcher the Shirai Ryu and Sub Zero 1 did kill human Scorpion in a fair duel
They were both hired and manipulated by Quan Chi to retrieve Shinnoks amulet unbeknownst to each other, they happened to reach the amulet at the same time and fought each other for it and Scorpion lost, Quan Chi later killed all the Shirai Ryu

Ahh, the whole amulet storyline. Wasn't most of that retconned in mk 2011 except for the whole "Quan chi was behind it" thing?

>he doesn't know of the retcon in mk9

Its not really a retcon so much as its an alternate timeline where Raiden didn't fuck up as hard

it wasn't mentioned at all, it might or might not be canon right now, but considering mk9 is somewhat of a sequel to armaggedon where everything happens the same except the bits where raiden intervened, chances are it's still canon.

it's more like time travel shenanigans

The changes in time line for mk9 began with the mortal kombat tournament.

The events of sub zero vs Scorpion happened before said tournament. Before mk9 the story from mythologies was true. After mk9, scorpion was slaughtered with his family and clan, but Quan chi was still behind it somehow.

The retcons don't start happening until the first tournament, all the MKM stuff happened before that

>SF4
>grounded and powerful
>SF3
>limp noodle flying in the wind

Lets be honest, reptile having human arms was fucking retarded from a design standpoint. The only reason that was EVER the design is because the franchise is so old that was the best they could do with technology at the time and then people were used to it so they kept it for awhile.

>human arms
>takes off mask
>reptile head with frog tongue
fucking dumb as hell. Terrible design.

See

>It was always known since mk2 that he had a human and lizard form
>lizard form
Exactly, and he didn't have a character until he became reptilian. Your point?
It's okay to like the human form, but do acknowledge that other than the moves they gave him in following MK games, he had no uniqueness to him other than being a different colored ninja.

While I do think Reptile's new designs aren't all that great I did think it was pretty neat to see Reptile just being Reptile. That said, it really didn't make sense for his klassic outfit to be anything but his default in 9 since MK9 was a reboot and nothing changed until after Raiden started getting messages from the future.

>could play as a real Lizard man
>complains because he'd rather have yet another human ninja clone character instead
nostalgia is a powerful drug

>entire thread
>no mention of Faggotron Prime

Read the thread faggot, this is a green thread now

Because the thread's about terrible redesigns, not improvements.

Get that blue shit outta here

But, he still died to Elder Sub-Zero in the battle where his family and clan was slaughtered. Did you even play MKX?

My point is that he was already his own cool and interesting character before deadly alliance when they decided to go full lizard with him.

You just like his lizard form more, which is fine, but now you're trying to say he Is boring and uninteresting in his human form, which isn't true.

If they had stuck with the human for idea when they gave all ninjas redesigbs, some cool ideas and concepts could've come from it.

You're on a blue board, chump.

i got into SF4 very late so i will probably never enjoy it since the only players left are die-hard veterans
SF Alpha 3 and even SF3 to some point, gives you more speed and freedom even as a newbie to feel like you can actually do something about a match when you are getting destroyed

Does this qualify?

Putting a brand name on a bullshit self-insert is not a redesign. It's a cash-in. This thread's too good for that shit.

>tfw no human form with scale patterned light armor and cobra styled hood and mask combo

Mkx? You mean mk9?

And I did, but I was just explaining that besides all of the time altering events in the plot, there was also retconning going on with the story in the background, sub zero and scorpions feud being one of them.

best

You're on a green thread, pal

lies

All of Judgment counts, I don't know what the fuck Igarashi was thinking.

I prefer this version.. Xs version looks weird

Green with envy that you'll never be as good as blue.

nuDOOM actually is kind of dumb. The fans are hilarious

Seriously wtf, why would they change the classic mecha Rex had for this pseudo evangelion shit

If your definition of "cool" and "interesting" is just a recolor with a different moveset then sure. I like character behind my characters though.
>deadly alliance
We don't talk about that.
>You just like his lizard form more,
You're making assumptions, I'm just a nigga who loves to argue.
Also, here's a bit of lore for you, ripped from MK2:
"As Shang Tsung's personal protector the elusive Reptile lurks in the shadows stopping all those who would do his master harm. His human form is believed to disguise a horrid reptilian creature whose race was thought extinct millions of years ago."
His human form is but a disguise, because he is a Zatarran, or however you spell it.
You said "after mk9", is there a game before MKX then???

His character seems bro-tier in X, shame about the work he does though.

Light Yagami?

kill yourself now

>I didn't play the game so I don't know that Reptile's classic costume was on-disc DLC, but I feel qualified to bitch at people anyways

Oh wait...

Don't act like you don't fucking know.

Every single cloak since Altair's has been shit

Also, who is Aquilas?

Wait, what? Sjw's don't want dreads on white people? Is this for real?

Name one blue character that didn't shit all over its career as iconic.

That design belongs in a hentai.

>his human form is but a disguise
We know that, we're just arguing if going full reptilian in design is better than keeping the "human firm disguising a monstrosity" concept.

I think that the best way to compromise it is in each game he is in, have a human form that looks cool and unique as an alternative skin, then have a reptilian form as well. Boom, problem solved, both parties are happy.

As for the after mk9 misunderstanding, I meant that before mk9 came out it was Mythologies story that was canon, and after mk9's release it was retconned to the newer, simpler story.

Clearly Mello

>managed to get on the right track with Generations
>smooth, fun gameplay that mixed 2d and 3d elements
>follows it up with hot western garbage for no goddamned reason at all

I'm glad Mania's a sign they're coming to their senses but what the actual fuck.

altair looks like a fat bloated corpse

He's not white, he's clearly half-black.

>I don't know what the fuck Igarashi was thinking.

Dicks obviously.

An assassin in either ancient Greece (or Rome?) It's basically side canon to what's in the games. Same with the Russian one at the end.

Thanks for ensuring we gotta deal with Liu King and Princess Deathstrike in a future installment, asshole.

Raiden's threat doesn't assure me of jack shit. The events moving forward are gonna fuck everyone up the ass.

maybe he's a Viking

Captain Falcon

>the first
Hoo boy. It's never enough to be included in the club. Everyone has to claim such-and-such was the first.

>nostalgiafags
Give one reason why he should keep hiding his nature behind a human disguise

Meat

SJWs will usaully get pissy over anything, but they claim dreads are a "black" thing and it's cultural appropriation

The Egyptian I think did it first so it's blacks appropriating their culture..

inb4 WE WUZ KINGS

>Wear green tunic
>Games are top tier
>Put on blue tunic for part of a game
>Game goes to shit for as long as you have to wear that tunic

I smell a conspiracy

Because it looks way cooler, and Mortal Kombat is literally "rule of cool: The videogame"

>hasn't been posted yet

My nigga. Altair's armor that he used later in life (and that you get to wear in AC II) is by far the best looking

honestly that design looks like a mess, I liked MK9's way better

How's that sequel coming along?

Egyptians are black though? Egypt is in Africa

Well as a poc I don't pay attention to movements like blm or sjw but this seems like a case of a group speaking for us, which honestly I don't understand. I dare say it even annoys me on some level. As far as I know that's never been a huge deal of contention so why people are stirring the pot now is beyond me.

Jesus Christ.

>voosh
>not so voosh

This looks decent, but sm4sh pac is cuter and more iconic imo

It's African-Americans who are claiming their culture, they are most likely not decedents of actual Egyptians

>Assassin
>Wears clothing that people can't help but notice

May as well strap some reflective metal onto his forehead and wear safety orange while YELLING REALLY LOUD!

but its looks cool tho

Catch me later ill buy you a beer.

It's not an ability or power up Reptile IS a lizard man you retard.

rainbow shotos were always shit

MK:DA is even worse. in MKX at least his klassic skin should have been human too

The thread is supposed to be terrible redesigns

It does, it's just one of those ridiculous vidya things that I think is funny.

Vampire Kira

>We know that, we're just arguing if going full reptilian in design is better than keeping the "human firm disguising a monstrosity" concept.
OH.
I thought you meant human Reptile is a more interesting character than Zatarran Reptile. Human Reptile is the Reptile from MK1, you know, the original.
> I meant that before mk9 came out it was Mythologies story that was canon, and after mk9's release it was retconned to the newer, simpler story.
Got it. Well, thanks for explaining that to me, that helped me understand.

Reverse aging.

It doesn't change the fact he is literally a lizard person and not Generic Green Ninja with reptile abilities.

if it wasn't for the secret classic skin you unlock in rearmed for this game, i wouldn't have been even able to play this game, i can't stand "smoldering with generic rage" Spencer.

he has a pretty good retro costume in that game, is basically the anatomy of his KI2 design but with the crystalline properties of his KI1 design.