Convince me to hack my 3DS

Convince me to hack my 3DS

I'm proud of my physical collection and already own pretty much every 3DS game I want to play. I always keep the latest firmware and don't see any point in things like overclocking my N3DS or running DS games on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/snes9x-for-old-3ds.435568/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I always keep the latest firmware
No point in convincing you then

Don't.

Nintendo doesn't deserve your money.

They've been shit for the last decade and you're just an enabler.

The last 3DS game I bought was SMTIV Apocalypse. That's not really gonna line Nintendo's pockets. Nintendo hasn't put out a decent 3DS game in ages.

Custom themes with any music or icons you want.
Screenshot feature without miiverse
No region lock on games or DLC
You can use Pokemon Bank for free
You can send and receive files from your 3DS without removing the SD card
Stream gameplay without a capture card

Acquire taste.

>Custom themes with any music or icons you want.
Irrelevant
>Screenshot feature without miiverse
Also irrelevant
>No region lock on games or DLC
Region lock has never negatively affected me. Imported games are hardly ever even translated so that's fucking pointless and fan translations are often shit tier
>You can use Pokemon Bank for free
Irrelevant
>You can send and receive files from your 3DS without removing the SD card
So?
>Stream gameplay without a capture card
This is neat. I like this. But I don't have an active streaming fanbase, so there's no point.

I just don't see it.

I do, that's why I don't own anything by them past the GameCube.

okay then

delete this thread

I hacked my 3DS for the sole purpose of cheating online in games and Nintendo can't ban me for shit because their online system is fucking retarded.

good. make those Jewish gooks learn their lesson.

>mod my 3DS
>go online in federation force and cause friendly fire to my team and other shit
>wreck the experience for anybody stupid enough to have bought it

THIS. IS. TEMPTING.

so you don't have to take your physical games with you. you've got more justification to hb since you actually already own the games.

t. another user who initially had a physical collection then said fuck it and sold em

>I'm proud of my physical collection
by the game physically, never open it, play the pirated version.

there, now your collection is even better

>proud of consumeristic faults
>proud of spending money on junk

I did that in high school when I was stupid and young and had a fresh new R4. I have always regretted it. Physical collections are the shit. I have a 3DS Card Case 18, so I don't really have portability issues. 18 games + one in the 3DS and all my digital goods is a fuckload of selection.

just sell the games and keep the boxes then

the cartridges are hardly worth collecting

if its your preference that's ok i suppose. i like the convenience of being able to switch games straight from the menu though.

>keep the boxes
What's the point of a box if I don't have a cartridge? I still have every DS game box from high school. All they do is haunt me. Maybe someday I'll find replacement cartridges to put inside them. You don't understand. Each individual cartridge brings me pleasure. This like an e-readerfag trying to convince a paperfag to swap over.

It takes a special kind of brainwash to collect Nintendo games and defend collecting them.

Here's some nice shit you could do that isn't outright piracy (of 3DS/DS games at least)
>Install custom themes (although you only need a homebrew entrypoint for this one)
>Dump your physical collection to .CIA files, which you can then install digitally to your system
>Manage saves at will, including moving saves between physical and digital copies
>Run emulators taking full advantage of the N3DS CPU
>Make all 3DS software run at N3DS speed (which is not overclocking per say)
>Run "BootNTR" which allows you to take screenshots, stream to PC without a capture card, and use cheats
>Run a huge assortment of GBA games via injected VC titles.

Although since you keep the latest firmware you'd have to jump through a lot of hoops to even do this.
That said, it's pretty fucking sweet having my physical collection all installed digitally to my system.

Nintendo is the only gaming company that can get away with selling 2 identical versions of games released on the same day for the same price.

i bought an n64, fuckin' pikachu n64,purple gamecube, black gamecube, gbc, gba, gba sp, fat ds, dsi, dsi xl, and now a 3ds xl. I'm not proud of my collection and i think i can afford to skip on buying games for one gen, especially when they stay pricy for so long after release.

all 3ds games.
all ds games.
all gba games.
all snes games.
all nes games.
homebrew apps.

I thought that the 3DS was too weak for SNES games and GBA games...

fucking Nintendo

>Why would I hack my 3ds
>Btw I already own all the games I want

Well of course there's no fucking point you fucking twinkie.

old 3ds is too weak for SNES games

works fine on new 3ds though

That said there's a reasonably good SNES9x port being specifically optimized for the old 3DS.
gbatemp.net/threads/snes9x-for-old-3ds.435568/
You'll still have to deal with frameskip on some games or instances, but it works pretty well thanks to its tricks with asynchronous audio.