Oh holy god damn

Oh holy god damn.
It's a stage so chock full to the brim with bullshit, it's over ten minutes long and I can still spend every waking second talking about what's going on.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/me3Me0jikwE
youtube.com/watch?v=Cvm1aR8FrNg
youtu.be/jEY-0uNEX-s
youtube.com/watch?v=aieN2eZfliQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GnNvR9SqwPc
youtube.com/watch?v=tBUgM3k6ccw
youtube.com/watch?v=yl6QM4hUft8
youtube.com/watch?v=PBuE_mcniFA
youtube.com/watch?v=vucnOnw9vqM
youtube.com/watch?v=2T_aufTJAd0
youtube.com/watch?v=LuWDDQRx3ZY
files.khinsider.com/midifiles/ps1/mega-man-x6/megaman-x-vs-zero-nightmare-2-.mid
vgmusic.com/music/console/sony/ps1/DavidE-MMX6-XvsZero.mid
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0By2BrAclSWcpMXlnX0h3NGM1aHc?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=8qjJqwo89fQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_p3ZspXJHIk
youtube.com/watch?v=sfb79vnpcxk
youtube.com/watch?v=urdyRHAzIFM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Absolutely incredible commentary. I want to say it was a script but it feels so real, so off-the-hook it was made up as it went along.

At least the music is awesome.

What an awful game. Even 5 was better

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hello

Well, X5 was supposed to end the entire X saga, but since capcom had more plans for games.... You know the rest, X6 was rushed as fuck.

At least zero series got a proper ending.

Postan superior birdman from superior game.

Seriously though there has to be something seriously wrong with you when you decide to do an X armor only, no damage, xtreme mode speed run of X6 for fun.
And actually complete it.

Ground Scaravich's stage was the best

The OSTs of all 3 of PSX MMX games are on point.

youtu.be/me3Me0jikwE

I genuinely feel that X5 was below X6.
Excluding the Nightmare effect bullshit, the level design feels more solid overall.

I can't put my finger on it, but X5 lacked heart to me. It felt put together with bubblegum, while X6 felt put together with some off-brand adhesive tape, but an actual tape nonetheless. The levels feel more cohesive, and even more inspired in some cases.

Not to mention the time limit in X5, as well as the RNG endings, were pure bullshit. And it also annoys me to no end that only X can get all heart tanks. Also, good luck getting both armors in time to actually use them before you reach Sigma's fortress. Which doesn't make a difference anyway, since you already have the superior Fourth Armor.

Not to mention, if you choose Zero at the intro stage, you're effectively locked out from being able to charge the boss weapons with X, since the Falcon Armor lacks this functionality (!!!!!) and the Gaea Armor can't use special weapons at all, so you might as well just use Zero for the rest of the game. Which still sucks because you can't get all heart tanks as him, as I mentioned before. And you can STILL lose him at the end of the game if RNGesus doesn't deem you worthy of his blessing. Of course, you CAN just load the game, but this is such a fundamental design flaw.

And the Guns 'n' Roses names. The fuck's up with that.

Time limit wasnt even noticeable, there was no rng ending,and heart works for everyone,have you actually played?

Megaman X Ost thread?

youtube.com/watch?v=Cvm1aR8FrNg

>Hating guns n rose names.
Fagit.

You are right on the rest tho.

Zero still can't get some heart tanks.

>there was no rng ending
It's a rare occurence, but you can still lose Zero even if you beat all bosses.
>and heart works for everyone
Pic related.

Yeah, I know.

And here's someone who uses the tools he's given instead of complaining about bullshit he imposed on himself

youtu.be/jEY-0uNEX-s

I actually like Hide and what he did at the time, I just wanted to share this

> I had time to finish X4 and X5 before I could clear the stage with no damage

Hideofbeast had unbelievable patience.

Adding the Z-Saber as part of X's standard moveset was a genius idea if you ask me.

This is some 8/10 shredding, pretty hard to play. Still inferior to Flame Stag though
youtube.com/watch?v=aieN2eZfliQ

nigger, the Enigma and shuttle working were both pure RNG. sure, having all the shuttle parts made your chances higher, but there was STILL the chance that with all the shuttle pieces, you would still fail. Just like there was a chance that you could succeed with the Enigma with no parts at all.

Also no, unlike X6, the heart tanks were meant to be evenly split between X and Zero. Meaning you were fucked if you wanted to give them all to Zero

lets

youtube.com/watch?v=GnNvR9SqwPc

Fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuck yooooooooouuuuuuu

I'm glad someone else feels the same. Also, X5 made way too much use of prerendered art in stages. It was jarring. X6 had for one, much more actual pixel art, and the few prerenders were much better done.

also i felt like the story of X6 was also more solid. Since Zero was optional, it forced X to carry the whole thing himself if need be, and his characterization is the best its ever been.

gate was also a pretty cool villain. For a one shot, he had a ridiculously fleshed out backstory and motivations

>unlike X6
Wait, heart tanks counted for both X and Zero in X6?

what i mean, is that in X5, you could not give all the heart tanks to Zero. because some were ONLY accessible by X in his falcon and Gaia armors.

in X6, you could give all the heart tanks to Zero or give them all to X

I think you are thinking of SUBtanks

Oh ok, I get what you mean. No, I was really thinking of the heart tanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=tBUgM3k6ccw

I liked Blizzard Wolfang's theme. It felt really chill

and here I thought i was the only person thats seen and enjoyed that vid
youtube.com/watch?v=yl6QM4hUft8

Just use charged metal anchor or giga attack.

I agree. I wouldn't have minded if Sigma hadn't shown up in X6 at all, especially since he was supposed to have been killed for good in X5. Gate's backstory was pretty fucking cool, and the way Sigma was introduced was so haphazard it was obvious it was meant to just have him fill his obligatory final boss role.

Imagine a Nightmare-possessed final form of Gate as the final boss instead. It would have been awesome.

Or just use Zero. Seriously, the fucker cuts through these things like butter. Especially if you have any saber parts equipped.

Charged yammark option literally cancels all the difficulty of the game tho.

His fight is utter bullshit. Total and complete bullshit of the highest caliber.

>Get Shield guard.
>Shield guard double saber slash damge for some damn reason.
>Zero dash cancel kill bosses fast that you can say genmurei.

I get the feeling that they always meant to bring Sigma back, and Gate rebuilding him is fine, gate was so arrogant and insane by that point that i can imagine him rebuilding Sigma and seriously thinking Sigma would be under his thumb.

issue is that Gate was a likable villain, because he had actual motivations based on anger and revenge, while Sigma is very generic badguy. So Gate ended up being a much better villain than Sigma.

Sort of like Lumine in X8. Sure, the whole plot was Sigma's idea, but in the end, Lumine was a better villain because the whole idea about evolution made much more sense coming from him, since he WAS the next step in reploid evolution

cool theme though at least

youtube.com/watch?v=PBuE_mcniFA

>Shield guard double saber slash damge for some damn reason.
Say what?

It was kind of cute when they interviewed Sensei for R20, and he mentioned he was really disappointed that Gate was a one shot villain, since he was one of his favorite designs. he made him gold because it made for a very unique and striking color scheme for a megaman character.

So because he liked him he put him on one of the soundtrack illustrations

Yup, I agree with all that. I just feel that Sigma's role in X6 was really felt rushed, even if it wasn't. There's literally no mention of him being around before the final stage.

Guard shell my bad.

>To note, Zero's Guard Shell actually has a glitch to where hitting something may result in multiple hits while the Shell is out and Zero attacks with his Saber. Along with the Dash-Saber trick, this is ultimately the most destructive weapon in the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=vucnOnw9vqM

I disagree. X5 had cool armors but was otherwise as paint-by-numbers as it gets with its level design, the Enigma Cannon gimmick was both stupid and made the ending RNG-driven, and if I'm not mistaken it brought about rankings which didn't hurt X but I think fucked over the Zero series personally. X6 was bullshit but it was bullshit with personality.

So, standard, overseas or prototype?
youtube.com/watch?v=2T_aufTJAd0

Holy shit, I never knew about that.

I NEVER got the Enigma to work all the parts. I had more success using it and the shuttle right off the bat.

the worst part was that the X5 armors basically designed entirely for item hunting.

Falcon was designed to get Gaia's parts, and Gaia was designed to get heart tanks

I mean they start you with the Fourth Armor, which, when you think about it, is basically just the Ultimate Armor without the Nova Strike

BEST
SIGMA
THEME
youtube.com/watch?v=LuWDDQRx3ZY

Does hideofbeast still make videos?

The ranking system in the Zero games is so idiotic and tying the move rewards that actually have elements you need to exploit boss weaknesses was so baffling I can't imagine how that got ok'd. Still fun games though.

can't be as bad as X5's ranking system 9for X). where you get docked points for killing enemies

This prototype version is chill as fuck. I think it's the best one to listen to casually.

I still think the overseas version is the best one for gameplay.

way cooler design than "LOL Gamma because X5 had to be chock full of references"

>Tfw we'll never see this smug motherfucker again

he's uploaded a couple mario maker vids privately

His last video is from 4 years ago.

He was such a tremendous pushover though, easily killed in like 5 seconds. His cockiness is totally unwarranted.

anyone else enjoyed X6 over 5 and 7?

>Black zero is supposed to be unlocked by defeating Nightmare zero at 4k souls.
>Gate lab opens at 4k souls locking you out of zero and himax.

They never playtested the damn thing, also Ultimate armor being cheat only again ticks my autism off.

I enjoy all the PS1 games just about equally. X7 is just bad though.

Feelsbadman

His X6 playthrough was crisp.

Also X6 has the best designs for mavericks, but the bosses and the humanoids.

fucking not!Pluto is on point

Ever played the prototype version of the game? Guard Shell is even more retarded there (this time with X, though), a charged shot shoots a shell that bounces around the stage, never goes away and instantly destroys everything in its way

I hold X5 and 6 at about the same level of opinion.

Decent. But could have been better. And both very flawed.

>>Black zero is supposed to be unlocked by defeating Nightmare zero at 4k souls.

actually, it wasnt the souls it was Nightmare Zero's level. X6 also did that X5 thing of scaling the boss levels according to how many youd killed. The issue is that to get Nightmare Zero to the appropriate level to get Black Zero... means killing all the bosses, at which point gate's lab opens and Nightmare Zero and High Max are replaced with Dynamo

fuck that shit

also I love Blaze Heatnix just for the backstory

>every boss in X6 had a sad backstory which amounts to them sacrificing their lives, being killed due to jealousy, or committing sepukku
>except Heatnix, he's pretty much insane and the only reason he was resurrected by Gate was because he can live inside a volcano

This one always cracks me up.
See

I wish the rest of the track was more like the opening notes. I prefer the rock opera vibe that gave compared to the speed metal of the rest of the track.

he only seemed a push over because he wasn't taking you seriously

X6 also is supposed to have a custom armor system, as X have all the frames to have a armor layer, and Shadow armor also have charged buster shot animation.

That would a bit like X8 I guess.

its probably one of the reasons this game gets a lot of flack
all the dumb decisions like the donut and the nightmare levels

Is there any way to share Google Docs files on read-only mode? I'm doing a retranslation of X6 and I want to show it to you guys.

for the life of me I never had problems with the donuts

I still think they used his design as reference for the shadow armor

is it wrong to have some nostalgia for the early 00's

>tfw you will never dig through google, finding obscure megaman fansites, looking for only the best X vs Zero midis

files.khinsider.com/midifiles/ps1/mega-man-x6/megaman-x-vs-zero-nightmare-2-.mid

vgmusic.com/music/console/sony/ps1/DavidE-MMX6-XvsZero.mid

>tfw youtube and facebook both killed fansites

Just show us some snippets, screenshots are fine.

Nevermind, got it. Tell me what you guys think.

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0By2BrAclSWcpMXlnX0h3NGM1aHc?usp=sharing

The Amazon Area one is only done up until the Light capsule.

triggered

What the literal fuck is going on in this webm?

It's still all text only. I'm still trying to learn how to hack the actual game.

I'm also tempted to change "Metal Shark Player" to "Metalshark Preyer", both on dialogue and the stage start sequence. I also changed "High Max" to Hi-Max" and "Zero Nightmare" to "Nightmare Zero".

No, please!

It's a random mugen tournament with real people playing.

Mugen is essentially a fighting game engine where you mod your own characters in.

Player two ended up rolling NIGHMARE SNAKE, and Player one has obviously never played X6.
They spend most of the match trying to figure out how to damage it, and when they finally manage to kill it, another one spawns.

metal shark player weapon
charge it up
defeat donut in one hit

git gud op

The person that played the game in the vid he's referencing is likely a better X6 player then everyone in this thread.

After playing that nightmare for myself I have nothing but respect for HideofBeast because just doing that stage normally is a fucking hassle.

After playing X6 for as long as he did, you transcend to another plane of existence. He can no longer be compared to us.

because he was playing unarmored X, which in X6 is a joke ultra hard mode
dont do that
stage is easy as balls if you play normally

seriously

the only time you should be complaining about the donuts is if you're running a minimalist, don't use other weapons run and even then that's more of your imposed challenge than the game's problem

>Shadow armor make gate lab bosses a joke.
>You can't progress if you don't have hyper dash and jumper parts.

At least I didn't missed everything.

It's nullified because you can't die from spikes with shadow armor

I'm here to post best maverick.

>Didn't have either
I must how somehow discovered about the magma bladed trick back then. Because I don't think I ever bothered getting either. And still getting across the pit.

Shadow armor can't use special weapons.

And you need parts to compensate the lack of air dash, isn't impossible but annoying. At least X5 allowed to use gaea armor without any problems.

I honestly had no problem with X6 but THIS FUCKING PART

WHO THE FUCK DESIGNED THIS FUCKING STAGE

HOLY SHITFUCK CUNTDICKS

I feel Johnny from Brainscratchcomms described X6 best during their commentary of it when he said "this game cheats, so you must cheat back"

I didn't use Shadow armor past the first gate stage. Because I didn't know(Is there even a way?) up those damn spike walls.

AARGH DIE X

JUSDIIIE X

I've heard its impossible to get up there as X without either the Shadow armor or the jump booster, and the jump booster can be lost if the hostage carrying it is killed by a nightmare

What's up you meme loving fuck

>design a girl reploid
>call it a man

That's not Frost Walrus.

I'LLSHOWYOUWHATATERRORISALLABOUT!! DIE! ZERO! JUSTDIE!! ZELLLLLLO!!

That kid is crazy.

Up Jump with shadow

>Plasma Buster is broken as fuck on X4.
>Nerfed on X5 but still better than other armors busters.
>X6 ditch it to use falcon.

Damn, i really love the plasma trails, shame that X8 there is no point of using it since giga attack pretty much kill the bosses.

We meant getting up there as X without the shadow armor, and you can with the jump booster, too bad it can be lost forever

You can always get the Ultimate Armor in X6.

Well, fabulous peacocks are males and females are usually ugly brown ones.

Bow down to your lord and master.

youtube.com/watch?v=8qjJqwo89fQ

Blade armor have plasma buster too, but nowhere like Forth or Ultimate armor.

You rang?

not a big fan of white gloves, especially if the feet are animalistic

glad Heatnix didn't suffer from that

Zero's artstyle is a special case, everyone is a boy-looking-like-a-girl

youtube.com/watch?v=_p3ZspXJHIk
Owl>Eagle

DESBO

youtube.com/watch?v=sfb79vnpcxk

Mandrill > Owl

DEFFU BORU

MUDA DA

it's so weird to see a very composed, unhammy Wakamoto

I think that I can beat it just using bust.... Fuck.

What was your reaction to him being the true villain of X8?

I actually like it that X6 encourages you to use weapons

Looked evil enough. Kinda expected it.

Though. I also expected Sigma to fight me one last time after him.

I expected sigma ruse again, but damn, it was unexpected as fuck.

>Cant damage him
>Lives remaining: 9

I dont know why i dint just reset the game

Why was blade's charged shot sort of random, by the way?

Those all sound like terrible ideas

Please refrain from continuing your work

>Shot + up.

It is pretty shit to be honest, aside Shadow and Ultimate armors all X6 armors lack of some kind of impact.

Yeah, X6 was actually super ambitious early on with the nightmare system, but it's Capcom and PSX so we got what we did. Originally it was supposed to be dynamic stages and all that jazz.

X5 on the other hand felt like Con-man flinging us a fuck off. Things that could have been handled proper weren't and you just get a "hehehe wily time travel maybe i dunno whatever heres the next series." Ducking tacked on for "freshness" instead of really trying to work it into the game...but it is what it is. I still like X5 granted, but man if the people behind it didn't try killing it every chance they got after X1.

Prototype?
>no break in pace whatsoever
FUCK
THIS
SHIT
Overseas or get the flying fuck out.

X5 was supposed to finish the series to move into Zero series.

Capcom was the one that dun goofed everything.

Post your favorite Sigma Fortress Boss.

>X is retired in Cyberspace, might as well be considered dead
>Zero is dead
>Sigma is dead, lost in space forever

You know, even after so many iterations and Sigma bulshitting death time and time again, it's still kind of sad when you remember it's actually over for good.

Metalshark Preyer was supposed to be his actual name though, before the asinine localization butchered it.

how do you get through that with vanilla x?

WHAT
>you saw them and I didn't
FUCK. YOU. GIVEMETHATSHIT
I am begging your fine ass.

Honestly I'd rather have what we got than what you propose since yours sounds and looks awkward

I like that nigga tho

>is an undead who can summon other undead

Use Magma Blade to hover across

>alternate timeline
>everything is in the internet
>everything is better off, even for Wily
>you could literally own a waifu navi that can fight for you
>you can literally own a robot that your navi can run around in

youtube.com/watch?v=urdyRHAzIFM

At least the final boss theme is goat, and thanks god that sigma is gone for good. Shame that the game ends into a sequel hook but no more games because capcom.

>X is retired in Cyberspace, might as well be considered dead
>Zero is dead
Haven't you heard? They're sentient pet rocks now.

>we will never know what happens to Axl

;-;

>Then space aliens happen.

>you can literally own a robot that your navi can run around in
>You can potentially model and program your own waifu AND give her a physical body

>sentient
what

sen·tient
/ˈsen(t)SH(ē)ənt/
adjective
able to perceive or feel things.

>Wily did robotics, Light did internet
>internet won
>Wily tries to destroy the internet
>BN6
>Wily creates robots that Navis can go into and be in the real world
>two gigantic Copybots house the final bosses
>Battle Network ends with a pair of Wily Machines

Deep, man.

Star force have real waves you know, no need for robots.

Command mission is supposed to be next on timeline, but it was made before x8 and there still missing stuff around the period before it nobody knows what happen.

At least White Axl is something, damn shame because they fixed him a lot in x8.

It's quite funny the Gaea armor actually shits on the fortress bosses, especially Black Devil, since you don't have to dodge the balls anymore (the Quickman lasers are much more difficult, though)

I know what it means you maverick, I just didn't know they were sentient.

check his twitter

bah so there's jump-attack-hover trick, x6 is really weird.

I suppose you didn't play the games, then. They talk all the time.

No, I mean, sometimes you have the plasma shot to stick with the target and sometimes is just your average (but weaker) charged shot.

>They didn't die as heroes
>Didn't live on long enough to be villains
>But as fucking pet rocks
What is this? This is their final reward for saving Earth over a dozen times?

Plasma shot stick on first target and only leave one trail.

Ultimate armor leave plasma trail on all targets. Forth armor too on X4 it got nerfed on X5.

They are more or less based on their AIs. not really the real thing.

Also, spoiler:
Zero still manages to fucking die.

>Hard mode Ending.

Fucking capcom, I'm still salty because no new game.

Oh kickass.
Also, is he Thabeast721 on twitch?

I remember that part being horse shit as shadow armor

Don't remind me, user.
We'll never see future Dr. Light as the villain.

Need to replay all of these

Zero is the sacrificial lion in every canon that he is in.

Iris too.